Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 question concerning nausea during DM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  07:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This morning,I sat to do my practices,I finished set of asanas,spinal breathing & just when I was about to do DM,a dove came n sat facing me on my balcony door almost stepping into the room & started making those funny noises ,lol…it was distracting enough that I stopped meditation n started laughing!

that was just for sharing

I sat waiting for that dove to finish her chat… & then few minutes after repeating IAM mantra I started seeing flashes of light & then the light circle(dot).

then while I was happy in that state of almost nothingness,I felt severe nausea and was about to throw up…I had to stop meditation n just breath slowly n sit upright…I tried to continue DM later on but I couldn't for I felt heat spreading from my left shoulder followed by nausea again.

If it comes to self pacing,I'm very active,eat properly & feel great through out the day.

where is that nauseating feeling coming from?what can be the reason behind it?When I woke up I was feeling healthy(thank God) as usual!

Love;
Delara

Edited by - Delara on Jun 07 2011 07:40:13 AM

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  08:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are several reasons people get nausea.

My wife gets it everytime during her exams (big tension) and also when she cries a lot (sad emotion).

I had a very bad nausea once. Me and my friend gave bribe to a ride operator in a theme park to give us extra time on the ride. He left the ride running and went away for his lunch. We were spinning on the ride for atleast 20 minutes at its top speed. It took us a while to re-adjust our senses and stand back on our legs. I guess I threw up too.

I also had nausea sometimes while dreaming during sleep few years ago. I would see light flashes, circles, feeling of going inside/within my body and if I woke up, I would feel like throwing up.

Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  09:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Delara

This morning,I sat to do my practices,I finished set of asanas,spinal breathing & just when I was about to do DM,a dove came n sat facing me on my balcony door almost stepping into the room & started making those funny noises ,lol…it was distracting enough that I stopped meditation n started laughing!

that was just for sharing

I sat waiting for that dove to finish her chat… & then few minutes after repeating IAM mantra I started seeing flashes of light & then the light circle(dot).

then while I was happy in that state of almost nothingness,I felt severe nausea and was about to throw up…I had to stop meditation n just breath slowly n sit upright…I tried to continue DM later on but I couldn't for I felt heat spreading from my left shoulder followed by nausea again.

If it comes to self pacing,I'm very active,eat properly & feel great through out the day.

where is that nauseating feeling coming from?what can be the reason behind it?When I woke up I was feeling healthy(thank God) as usual!

Love;
Delara

For me at least, the navel chakra (includes the stomach) was one of the last to be purified. I was afraid of having "personal power", which this area represents. There are more nerve endings around our stomach than anywhere else than the brain! This area is also critical to the production of "soma" part of the nectar cycle, which supports kundalini. For me at least, once this area became properly aligned and purified, kundalini became extremely active throughout the body.

So this is an important and sensitive area.. not a surprise if your progress is shaking things up a bit!

Or you had lots of cheese pizza last night!

Either is good.

Love,

Kev
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  3:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

I had a very bad nausea once. Me and my friend gave bribe to a ride operator in a theme park to give us extra time on the ride. He left the ride running and went away for his lunch. We were spinning on the ride for atleast 20 minutes at its top speed. It took us a while to re-adjust our senses and stand back on our legs. I guess I threw up too.

Ouch!not good...did you bribe after that?
Lol..thank you for ur reply Manigma

Edited by - Delara on Jun 07 2011 3:10:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  3:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kevin;
navel chakra?that can be possible especially last week I woke up one day and the subtle body part below my belly button was vibrating intensely up and down,I stayed there watching it for some time before getting up from bed...
but is that something to worry about ?
I usually don't have dinner ,like yesterday I just had whey-protein shake after sport.

ohhh & forgot to mention!there was a strong butane gas smell that was not there...only I smelled it.

But tonight's DM was so peaceful.no nausea no butane smell :)
thanx for commenting Kev.

Edited by - Delara on Jun 07 2011 3:30:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  3:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Kevin;
navel chakra?that can be possible especially last week I woke up one day and the subtle body part below my belly button was vibrating intensely up and down,I stayed there watching it for some time before getting up from bed...
but is that something to worry about ?
I usually don't have dinner ,like yesterday I just had whey-protein shake after sport.

ohhh & forgot to mention!there was a strong butane gas smell that was not there...only I smelled it.

But tonight's DM was so peaceful.no nausea no butane smell :)
thanx for commenting Kev.

Ultimatley there is nothing worth worrying about.
Specifically? Nothing to worry about. You are self-pacing
and getting great results.

I must admit that I wanted to make some comment about "smelly farts" but I have restrained myself. LOL. Want to pull my finger? I'm jealous. Oh! there it was! I have no self-discipline at all.

Love,

Kev
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  02:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Ouch!not good...did you bribe after that?

I discovered a better ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEe3xfWfkG8

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  02:41:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kevin Kevin Kevin;
I would appreciate if we can keep conversation within respect boundaries so we can continue to communicate n share experiences.
thank you
Much Love;
Delara
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  10:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh no...not a jetfighter!switch to civilian A/C much more people friendly
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  01:51:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

oh no...not a jetfighter!switch to civilian A/C much more people friendly

It depends on the pilot.

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  05:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lol,yes of course!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000