Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 I am
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  03:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

I am looking at a rose
and realise I am not looking at a rose
the word rose is something I have learned from the past, a memory, I am not looking at a memory.

I am looking at the petals
and realise I am not looking at the petals

I am looking at the beautiful shades and textures and know there are no such things.

I am looking at the colours
and realise that colours don't exist.

I am looking, and realise that the concept of looking
does not exist.

I am three months old again
and know no words, no colours, no textures, no shapes, no concepts.

I am ........................................................................
.................................................................................

Sparkle 2005

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  07:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Sparkle.. that was awesome.. I love it... Thank you for sharing...
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  11:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti, much appreciated
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  11:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wish we could all do that.. I guess AYP will help
quote:
"Mat 18:3-4 "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into The Kingdom of Heaven."

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  1:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, Sparkle.

Shanti, wasn't it you who were wondering about those living empty spaces? Well, you are doing it. No need to label them...
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  02:18:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Louis

It is so amazing.....the truth permeating appearances.

Please keep writing.
Can we see some more of your poetry?

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  3:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani, Shanti and Katrine.

Shanti, I agree with Yogani, you are there. I think the key to it is the third line and feel that anyone practicing AYP for a while could access this.

Katrine, this in fact is a mindfulness meditation I developed for myself, in writing it out it turned into what you mignt call a poem, which was an accident really because I don't write poetry. If I try to write it does'nt work, but then - is'nt that the key, stop trying

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  04:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
this is really "Beautiful" Louis, thk you for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  07:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Really Amazing. Thank you

Love,

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  10:37:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, it does'nt seem like three years since I posted that

Thanks very much Ananda and Yonatan for your appreciation.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  11:39:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love that one Sparkle!
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  10:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Balance, it still speaks to my heart
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000