Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 need advice on mantra meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boris

Norway
68 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  6:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit boris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,I practice DM with the I am mantra.The instruction says repeat the mantra easily and effortlessy.
For my self I found that the key to enter deep meditation is to mentally say the mantra using as little mental energy as possible.In other words as effortless and easy I can.Is this correct way of practice?

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  8:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Boris,

That sounds to me like a very skillful use of the method.

Bewell
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  8:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you have it right.
The less mental energy you put into the mantra, the more you will relax and let go, the easier it will be to go deeper.
Go to Top of Page

boris

Norway
68 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  9:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit boris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you both very much for the replys.Nice that you take time to help beginners.thats what makes this forum very helpful
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  08:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani refers to it somewhere in the lessons as "favoring the mantra" (i.e., prefering it to any thoughts that pop up - but with almost no effort).
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  5:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Though your question has already been answered I felt I should chime in as I have been practicing AYP for a short while now and have only just really fully got to grips with deep meditation (DM). When I first started I found it very effective but it seems for months my pronunciation has become more rather than less pronounced. Just recently from reading 'The Secrets of Wilder', which is an amazing, beautiful book that I would highly recommend and from reading these following posts I have been reminded of how to do DM effectively. Now I'm experiencing a lot of 'action' around the third eye and some Kundalini jolts from my perineum (especially/particularly when i truly let go). I found that these 2 posts reflect what you have simply (yet effectively) stated well. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8092

and http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9428

The second is very interesting highlighting how DM and Samyama work, which I 'know' is under the hood stuff but interesting none the less.

I hope this helps further.

Love. x

Aum
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  4:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
When I first started I found it very effective but it seems for months my pronunciation has become more rather than less pronounced.

Interesting... I went several times through cycles of "getting the technique right," with all the effortlessness and then slowly "forgetting" again and sliding back to more energetic pronunciation. Many times I put a sticky on my desktop with quotes from the forum, pointing out that silent and effortless is more effective than clear and energetic, and then at some point threw them away again, because I wasn't reading them anymore anyway. Always when I get the insight that this is true and try to apply it, my meditation gets nicer, and then, a few months later, I find myself again in vigorous kriyas during meditation, lots of turmoil inside my mind and my tongue rolling back and forth like a struck earthworm...

Hmm, well, okay. I go and put a sticky with Shanti's post on my desktop

Edited by - mimirom on Apr 06 2011 4:19:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000