AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Center of Bliss part 2?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  01:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This post is inspired in part by Ananda's original post called "Center of Bliss" which has to do with self inquiry leading to the center of the heart and the heart cave....

Mostly I had a question about this ....

From my few years of self inquiry ....it lead to seeing that the Mind/thoughts/Ego is not the real 'I' ...and whats left over is Awareness by itself....

I can't really say where this awareness is .....but enough to say that its definitely there somewhere and that it is definitely more so the real identity compared to mind and even body...(says the mind)

But this heart cave deal...... just wondering perhaps if this is where awareness comes from ....or if this is a whole other deal (because it seems from a few glimpses that awareness might be nonlocalized)

Perhaps some other folks with more discernment skills can chime in on this one.

Only thing I remember is from reading "Be As You Are" by Ramana Maharshi and his exact description of what Ananda describes...

And also reading Nisargadatta which explains exactly where 'I'm' at as far as the only thing left over after inquiry and negation is awareness.....

2 peas of the same pod? If not ...is one more vital than the other?

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  03:01:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Beetsmyth,

I'll share the link for part 1 in case any new comers arrive:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9017

As far as my experience goes the bliss is all pervading it has no location it's everything. This center is the place where my self inquiry took me and pierced through beyond to bliss. But the effort part in the equation still proves that something still needs to be done or undone...

I should've also shared, that a couple of years back I was lead to the same center by a vision of Sri Ramana Maharshi who appeared in front of me while I was meditating and went straight to the center of the chest and pierced through and it was as if a damn opened up and there was an outpouring of divine love. Let's just say there was That.

I am going to Tiruvannamalai this month, started doing my papers and spoke with the manager at work. It will be my first time on a plane and outside the middle east. From one hand I'll be with my beloved Ramanaji and on the other I'll get the chance to enjoy the power of presence by meeting a few enlightened dudes. Will feed you guys back on the trip when I get back. All in all, the decision to jump was taken in encouraging situations from "The beyond/Ramana/Real deal spiritual scenery" let's just say...

It's good to have you peops whom I can share all this stuff with.

No pea is vital then the other, all are the same. Just follow your own bliss.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  03:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi beetsmyth,

Very good questions .

Recently, I have been reading the writings of the Anadi Teachings after seeing them referenced by another on the forum. There is a clarity to their expression. Among other things some of the writings specifically address the nature of your questions regarding awareness and the heart. Perhaps they can assist in bringing some clarity to the questions you pose or minimally provide the basis for additional inquiry, understanding and realization.

http://www.anaditeaching.com/

A brief excerpt from the Anadi writings ...
quote:
integration of the inner state

The energetic quality of the inner state reflects the dynamics between its three constituent aspects: awareness, being and heart. Depending on their past evolution and spiritual constitution, seekers will have a natural predisposition towards one of these aspects, and greater dif­ficulty awakening others. Some are more open to the dimension of being, others to awareness or the heart. The fact that one experiences problems awakening one aspect of the inner state over the others is certainly no excuse to remain incomplete; it is simply a positive indicator of the areas that need to be given more attention in order to awaken the inner state as a whole.

Once each aspect of the inner state is completely awakened, we are ready to enter the phase of integration. The integration of the inner state refers to the post-awakening unification of awareness, being and heart. Just as each aspect has to integrate within itself, it is also necessary that they integrate with each other. Prior to integra­tion there can still be friction within the inner state; one may have excessively crystallized awareness and find it hard to surrender into being, or if one’s energy is pulled disproportionately into being, dif­ficulties may arise in merging being with heart or awareness. There are many possible scenarios of discord between the three aspects. In all cases, awareness, being and heart need to be brought into balance with each other so that they can be transformed into a single organism of I am. The more they are integrated, the less there is any division between their energies. Through the process of integration, aware­ness, being and heart gradually dissolve and expand into each other, giving rise to one field of pure transparency — the natural state.
There is much more elaboration within the writings regarding awareness, being, heart, etc. Just posted the quote above to give you a sense of the Anadi web site.

Much love to you,
Steve

Edited by - Steve on Feb 06 2011 03:31:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  1:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah Im a little bit familiar with Anadi's stuff.... came across it when there was this hunch that awareness is the soul and so I googled "Awareness is the soul" and "soul realization" and Anadi's stuff popped up.

I have to say I remember one experience which seems to correlate Ananda's experience. One day I woke up from a very deep deep nap ..and upon waking there was just this unknowingness....I didn't know who or what I was, where I was, or what's what ...

.....then like a rolling ball of butcher knives .....the I thought and all that surrounds it (likes, dislikes, personality) came rolling out of some center point ...all in slow motion....

I haven't been back to that center yet ...But I can see how tracking the I Thought and self inquiry would lead to that...

However for me all thoughts have been seen to be not only imaginary, and therefor not real, but also as not I ...leaving just awareness on its own. And by remaining in just thoughtless awareness ....thoughts and ego seem to shrivel up when seen in awareness as not real....

But now according to Anadi ...you have 3 aspects (awareness, being, and heart) all of which need to be balanced out.... well that sure threw a wrench in my clockwork....
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  2:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Beetsmyth,

these 3 aspects are different approaches to the same Truth. All good advaita guides mention the three. In the end it goes down to the seeker and the path he feels most suitable for his temperaments...

Follow your own bliss/The guru is in you.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000