Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 How has DM changed you
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BonBons

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  5:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm a total newbie at meditation but already am noticing differences. An undercurrent of anxiety which has been growing for the last few years is slowly being replaced by peace. I'm losing all taste for alcohol... although I'm not sure I like this part so much haha

Would be interested in hearing how (deep) meditation has made changes in your life? - or any other meditative practices

Edited by - BonBons on Jan 29 2011 5:55:56 PM

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  6:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I can share just where I am at right now.

"I am in an unhappy/unpleasant situation, yet I am happy and at peace."

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  7:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BonBons,

Welcome to the AYP Forum.

Simply put, AYP Deep Meditation and related practices have essentially given me everything.

For details, please see my (as of this writing) 1477 or so other posts, over the last five years or so.

There are paths other than AYP that work, too, of course, but AYP is one of the really effective ones, based on what I've both experienced and observed.

The ultimate results of practices can't really be put into words, but I will tell you this:

If I was suddenly offered all the wealth in the world, along with all the love, all the power, all the fame and all the pleasure, in exchange for the results of AYP in my life ....... I'd literally laugh and walk away, immediately.

It's that good.

People have been dedicating their lives to this stuff for thousands of years for a reason, y'know!

The reason?

Liberation is real, and it's equally available for us all.

Again, welcome to the AYP Forum!

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jan 29 2011 7:16:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  05:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

If I was suddenly offered all the wealth in the world, along with all the love, all the power, all the fame and all the pleasure, in exchange for the results of AYP in my life ....... I'd literally laugh and walk away, immediately.

It's that good.

People have been dedicating their lives to this stuff for thousands of years for a reason, y'know

Amen to that!

The last sentence touched me to the core!

AYP practices - even in their most self-paced form, which litterally means "none", and which I have been practicing the latest x months or so - has had a tremendous effect! Hahaha! Weird, but true! Cause the "no practices" has been consciously a part of AYP practices, built on the knowledge of the AYP experiment; hard core self-pacing. And it brings results, when you know what you're doing and why! So now, meditation is possible again - with greater stability this time. Absolutely a life changing habit!
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  08:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is very good emc!!! Glad for you

I do DM once a day for 10-15 minutes only with lately some periods of days of no DM, but I also do much self inquiry these days with and without structure (naturaly or with a question). It works great!!! I have done this with combination with Tantra practice and tiny bit of spinal breathing at some points. There is just so much happening in terms of progress and letting go naturally. There is a great feeling of freedom and things go very naturally. And points of just awesome joy. Yes that is what AYP does for me!!!

Love
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  1:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy to hear meditation is again available for you, emc.
Go to Top of Page

BonBons

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  3:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

Fantastic post

Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  11:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@emc, I heard from shanti that you went through lots of purification. My purification was intensive, but seems nothing compared to yours...I self-paced for a week and that's already a lot. At that time, the mind thought Oh, No, no meditation, how can I survive today without it. But it just passed by. I wish I'd read your post then. So I would know that self pace is practicing, and a crucial one. welcome back to meditation:)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  08:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks yo, mim and phi!

Is there talking about me? Shanti!?

Yep, in fact most of my journey has been about stabilizing a galopping Shakti. Now I've seem to have the reins in my hands, though. Feels great to be able to meditate again!

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  09:23:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Is there talking about me? Shanti!?

I told him about the automatic yoga stuff you have written at the forum. I did not tell him all the other stuff I promise. (wait, you already talked about all the other stuff at the forum anyway.. oh well.. never mind then.)

Really happy for you emc. [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  6:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BonBons

Deep meditation (AYP-style) brought me from a deep depression to a place of little to no suffering. A place of constant joy and love. I feel very alive and very human. I occasionally feel "undesirable" emotions like anxiety, fear, sadness, but they don't hurt anymore. I see them as beautiful, just another part of being human. There's even a certain enjoyment when these emotions aren't resisted internally.

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

"I am in an unhappy/unpleasant situation, yet I am happy and at peace."

You've captured it beautifully, my friend. I feel this way too. Thank you.

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000