AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Center of Bliss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  09:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
namaste friends.

Recently all my inquiry has been leading me to a center in the body in the middle of the chest just right to the physical heart. If I inquire who am I? I would be lead back there and if I follow the source of thoughts or the mantra I would be lead back there also. But a few days back there's been a change in perspective as a wise jnani has prescribed what happened with me.

I was very hungry to know God and Truth so I did a lot of Inquiry and it was like I was hitting my head into a wall and it all lead to that exact point in the middle of the chest and it was all resulted by a nerve jolt at that area. Then at a certain point I gave up and while at that state I looked inside and found that the source of my hunger for Truth/God was coming from inside that point and outpouring from behind.

Then suddenly it hit me, what all these sages were saying all the time. Truth is what is looking to realize it's own Self, so I used that outpouring feeling of bhakti and yearning and hunger and reflected it upon it's own self. And the result was boom: Transcendance and bliss and inquiry has taken a new turn since last thursday night. A turn which is filled with bliss more and ecstasy less and the weirdest thing is I haven't overloaded... Well at least yet

I felt like sharing this maybe others are at this point of there inquiry or near and taking on a new perspective might be what works. And I don't mean witnessing the witness here or awareness watching awareness. It's more like awareness piercing or transcending awareness.

Love,
Ananda

slenten

23 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  1:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Ananda, it is the most intimate part, the subtlest energy, the very core of who you are. Swamis like Sivananda and Anadi are unequivocal about this. Again and again Sivananda
counsels us to dive deeply into the heart and Anadi explains that the chest area is the home of the soul which can subsume the witness/presence in the head space: it becomes us, the whole nervous system vibrates with its bliss. Explore its subtlety; it is dimensionless and can lead to the intuition, that, not only do you not exist but that you never existed; it is the unmanifested state, the release from the witness.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  1:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the beautiful sharing dear slenten

namaste
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  11:22:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda

Thank you for sharing, and in so doing, giving an example how relational self-inquiry works in practice.

I am reminded of what Katrine said some time back: the heart opening process is ongoing. And also, what Yogani said some time back: there is an expansion of "heart" to include more and more of the whole world. Always, in this heartbreakingly beautiful world of ours my friend, there is more to look forward to, more to learn.

Love, peace and light

Be

Edited by - bewell on Jan 11 2011 11:25:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  12:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! This is it. The center of your being. This is where "I" reside. If little chas were to describe it, he would say it is stillness, peace, strength, silence, source... But, he would ultimately be wrong because that would be trying to reduce THAT to words/concepts. IT is behind and beyond all words/concepts. "Don't mistake the finger pointing at the moon for the moon"- zen koan.

I am reminded of Jesus' parable of the wise builder:

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

So, build your house upon this "rock" you have found, and reside there. It IS......................................................................

Edited by - chas on Jan 11 2011 12:40:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  07:53:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bewell and Chas, thank you dears for the lovely and insightful posts

It goes out without saying that I will tread this new perspective lightly, don't wanna risk any overload.

As for what i've found, the bliss is coming and going and it's not always here and things are going as i've been told they will by my friend. It's the direct approach but in a sense that also is gradual.

In AYP terms and experience, this is very similar to the samyama effect except that in samyama it's a letting go whereas here it's piercing through and tapping into the same source with awareness but then again there is the letting go of the outpouring of bliss.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  3:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am taping this center with caution and not being obsessed with it. Taking the middle path which is best. And The whole thing is becoming very blissfully delicious.

quote:
Originally posted by slenten

it becomes us, the whole nervous system vibrates with its bliss.

This is a great way to describe what's happening, thanks bro/siss(f)

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  11:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A little update on this topic:

1st A lot of beautiful scenery is going on again and again.

2nd A state of indescribable bliss is taking over me every now and then just before sleep accompanied by an amazing taste in the mouth. Maybe more refined amrita.

3rd A sense of greatness and magnitude is happening when I experience the bliss. Talk about the ego of bliss

4th I feel like i've really cut through a lot of the knots of the heart and there's a pull and push effect happening in the chest. Again ego accomplishments...

5th since yesterday I started seeing a cave inside my heart with my inner eye. And I would also see inner me or a vision of me standing just outside the dark cave and each time I enter it's again with the bliss. If you google it out, you would find a lot of stuff about the heart cave.

6th I don't know why but suddenly I can digest The spiritual discourses of Sri Atmananda Krishna Menon. Something which has always been hard for me to do. Went back into reading them after seeing some more scenery

7th it all seems like nothing because it requires effort.

8 Quoting Sri Atmananda: One must keep on striving until enlightenment is achieved.

9 Love you guys

10 thank you for reading

11 namaste
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  1:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda
Thanks so much for sharing.

quote:
I felt like sharing this maybe others are at this point of there inquiry or near and taking on a new perspective might be what works. And I don't mean witnessing the witness here or awareness watching awareness. It's more like awareness piercing or transcending awareness.

quote:
since yesterday I started seeing a cave inside my heart with my inner eye. And I would also see inner me or a vision of me standing just outside the dark cave and each time I enter it's again with the bliss. If you google it out, you would find a lot of stuff about the heart cave.

The point to the right of the chest.....it is definitely my experience that this is a portal.
When willfully probing and piercing with the attention there it always leads to deep bliss.

I have to be very careful with anything I willfully do though, this included. I tend to overload from it sooner or later.

But the resting in this portal also happens here spontaneously.....then it is not like piercing anything ...it is more like standing peacefully in the doorway. It is the doorway itself that is IT ....like a finely organically tuned balance point bwetween inner and outer....in such a way that even the bliss is not there. Instead of "looking at that happening of being deeply blissful"....it is more a feeling of complete 'knowledge'. Like it is finished. Complete in the sense that it is not two. It is clean and clear 'knowledge'. That is all I can say about it.

This 'knowledge' is teaching me that anything here driven from a desire (whatever it is) is incomplete. Incomplete in the sense that it is not about that. Paradoxiacally enough it is no longer about an "inner" referencepoint. It can be very challenging for me ....when the deep bliss is available...to sink into it instead of doing what I must do. Yet it is when surrendering to what I must do...it is then that the 'knowledge' spontaneously reveals itself. Intuitively I sense that the depth of it is undending....volumes and volumes of the same 'knowledge'......but in order to be the knowledge experiencing.....all I can do is surrender to what I must do.

Discerning what it is that I must do have therefore become the most important guiding flag for me. It means looking at (identifying) and not acting on whatever it is that is coming out as a desire, and instead welcome all that the vital force brings before me that demands action.

It has taken me so long to see this.....that it is all about action!
And I still resist it.
Isn't it amazing that we are this eye that can discern......I find it the most amazing of all.

quote:
And I don't mean witnessing the witness here or awareness watching awareness. It's more like awareness piercing or transcending awareness.

Yes. Not-two.
Sometimes one can "look at the presence" and believe it to be awareness. But it is still a subtle object. The space is an object. Even the bliss is a subtle object. Love too is an object when "seen to be in front of you".

Anyway - I loved your sharing Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

It has taken me so long to see this.....that it is all about action!
And I still resist it.

Now that struck a cord deep within, much thanks dear Katrine. Felt your vibes before coming to see your post in the topic

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  1:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000