Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 A grounding SBP variation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  10:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends

As some of you know, the sensitivity to practices has drastically increased for me lately and I have had to really pace myself with practices ever since about a week after the PA retreat this year. I have been doing only 20 minutes of DM followed by 20 minutes of rest, twice a day. I have tried adding SBP (between 2 and 5 minutes) a few times since then but have always found myself in overload and am continuing to stay away from all energetic practices (other then DM of course ). But recently I had a variation of SBP "come to me" and I am interested in hearing if anyone has ever tried this with any success.

The variation is simple. It is the same as regular SBP except instead of stopping at the root (base of the spine) we would follow the energy all the way down to the center of the Earth. So we would follow the sushumna up from the center of the Earth all the way up to the Ajna and then back down to the center of the Earth with each breath. In my mind, this variation seems like it would help to really ground the energy. I have not given this much of a try as I'm trying to be very prudent with my pacing, but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has tried a variation like this before and what the results were. I would be especially interested to hear if anyone with overload symptoms had tried this and if it had helped to smooth things out.

Love!

P.S> If any of the Mods think this should be placed in "Other Systems" please feel free to move it. Wasn't sure exactly the best place to open this thread.

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  11:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,
This method is similar to tai chi grounding and should have the desired result.To add to this you can also do this using visualisation and add standing on a rock at the centre of the earth.This gives good grounding.It's not strictly a yogic technique as normally one would sit on a non conductive cloth to prevent leakage to the earth when meditating.With yogic style meditation it's a bit like being a boiling pot and the heat rising to the top until you reach boiling point.Nei gung etc uses the energy from both the earth and the cosmos so can often give less overloading.I surmise that the yogic method is assumed to be faster method of purification as there is not as much energy loss to the earth.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  7:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson :)

DM is more instable than SBP for me. Suggestion for testing:

15min SBP, 5min Rest, 10min DM, again Rest. Don't know why but if you give SBP its time, it balances you on all levels, brining everything into the center.

Doing DM instantly afterwards and with good length gives much silence with bliss but also continues the whole day "deepening unbalancedly" for me. While SBP is the definition of balance itself.

At least this is my formula in these days (months). Have become very sensible aswell and as it seems this is more of a global thing and will increase even more (hinting at the 2012 vid of Nithyananda^^).
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  12:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

I do the same thing (going to the center of the earth). I do it before normal SBP and find that it is very grounding and allows me to go longer (with more energy flow). In addition, I will flow above my head. My "inner guru" seems to push me in this direction. I have been thinking of replacing SBP with a Sun to Center of Earth.

Namaste, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  11:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000