Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Different type of scenery ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rishi

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  11:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings,

Lately, I have started to get this blissful sensation around the Ajna and Crown Chakras. The sensations are linked to my breathing and become intense when I inhale. The feeling is very much physical (I think). I could just close my eyes, sit down and enjoy .. which I resist doing to avoid overload.

Based on the general feedback from the forums, I have tried to keep myself detached from the scenery - but this one is addictive :)

Any pointers or guidance will be much appreciated.

Rishi

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  01:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say to enjoy it and let it go as well. Just do the practice and if it feels yummy then enjoy the yummy until it changes to something new

Edited by - Victor on Oct 19 2010 01:08:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  08:45:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

I would say to enjoy it and let it go as well. Just do the practice and if it feels yummy then enjoy the yummy until it changes to something new

- implying one doesn't expect the "new" to be always yummy; simply do, without expectation, enjoy the ups and downs.

When trying to deal with strong sensations (in nature, theater, music, etc.), I find the AYP mudras and bandhas as helpful as in sex. They help me to keep the wave of emotional energy circulating, instead of me getting "lost" in it.
Has anybody else in the forums noticed a similar effect?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  05:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rishi

Greetings,

Lately, I have started to get this blissful sensation around the Ajna and Crown Chakras. The sensations are linked to my breathing and become intense when I inhale. The feeling is very much physical (I think). I could just close my eyes, sit down and enjoy .. which I resist doing to avoid overload.

Based on the general feedback from the forums, I have tried to keep myself detached from the scenery - but this one is addictive :)

Any pointers or guidance will be much appreciated.

Rishi

Hi Rishi,

If you haven't done so already, then read through lesson 199:

http://www.aypsite.org/199.html

The basic rule about scenery is that you are free to enjoy it outside of practice times if you wish. The blissful sensations at the crown could be an exception to this rule though if you are not yet stable there, so check the lesson first.

All the best,

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Oct 21 2010 05:48:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rishi

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  12:07:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I apologize for the late response.

First of all thanks for the pointers.

Victor, Hatha, Yes I agree the point is to go beyond like and dislike :)

Christi, thanks for the pointers. I read the crown article again and could relate to a lot of it in a different light. I am not sure whether I have a premature crown opening ... Though my crown activity started pretty early in my practice. It has not been concerning or troubling.

So it is what it is I guess :)

Rishi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000