Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 whos driving the dreambus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Amdor

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  1:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Amdor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
There’s a new documentary out titled Who’s Driving The Dream Bus featuring spiritual teachers including Gangaji, Jeff Foster, and Tony Parsons. In the film they discuss the age-old question, “Who Am I?”

http://www.whosdrivingthedreambus.c...rmedium.html

Edited by - Amdor on Jun 16 2010 09:37:13 AM

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  10:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Amdor

There’s a new documentary out titled Who’s Driving The Dream Bus featuring spiritual teachers including Gangaji, Jeff Foster, and Tony Parsons. In the film they discuss the age-old question, “Who Am I?”

http://www.whosdrivingthedreambus.c...rmedium.html

I just found out about this; it looks great!

There are a few clips on YouTube, too, including:

The Trailer.

Tony Parsons

&

Gangaji

Edited by - Kirtanman on Aug 29 2010 10:10:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  11:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ordered the dvd and sat down today to watch it. It's excellent - so thanks for the recommendation.

Probably not a good idea to watch it if you want to hang on to the personal self a bit longer ...
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2010 :  11:07:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very good, thank you for this post, definitely worth a watch, possibly a few times.

quote:
Probably not a good idea to watch it if you want to hang on to the personal self a bit longer

Agreed.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2010 :  3:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I ordered the DVD a while ago and watched it.

The thing that upset me the most was this: at one point in the film someone asked if there was anything you could do to become enlightened. The reply was "no". Then the person (I think it was Jeff Foster on the 'extras' disk but I'm not sure) said that yoga is good for relaxation and that meditation was good for calming the mind but neither discipline was going to get you enlightened.

Kind of bothered me..

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2010 :  3:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

Kind of bothered me..

Kind of bothered who?

Hahaha....sorry, just being an Advaitass

Love!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2010 :  3:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Speaking of the actual question who's driving this bus?, the title of the film actually got me thinking:

I have no idea about the Who, but it seems to me that consciousness must take on the shape of the pyramid. Essentially, a circle, where the object is in the circle, the field of vision so to speak. And the point of the pyramid, where the point of perception rests... that which is thought to subject... but of course the pyramid shape only exists in duality, so in non-duality it must be somehow folded over itself (mathematically)...

I know, totally random and tangential... sorry but i thought it was interesting!

Can't wait to see the film, btw.
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2010 :  3:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi,
I ordered the DVD a while ago and watched it.

The thing that upset me the most was this: at one point in the film someone asked if there was anything you could do to become enlightened. The reply was "no". Then the person (I think it was Jeff Foster on the 'extras' disk but I'm not sure) said that yoga is good for relaxation and that meditation was good for calming the mind but neither discipline was going to get you enlightened.

Kind of bothered me..

Same here. Though meditation, mindfulness, yoga all seem to point to enlightenment, in a way there is nothing YOU can do to get YOURSELF enlightened but perhaps it could be interpreted as, they do lead to enlightenment but that is just what is happening, what would be happening anyway, in a kind of deterministic way, we think we are doing the practice and we are but it is actually just happening, though at the same time we are choosing to do it. Maybe it does decrease the time in which the part of the One called me or you becomes aware of it itself as the One but it just happens, do "you" see what "I" am getting at? don't know if "I" do . Advaitic soft determinism.

Hope this doesn't come across as patronizing, was just reading this and found myself typing this response.

Though to repeat myself "I" share "your" feelings and was also kind of bothered.

quote:

New favourite word and it's uses in spiritual discussion are limitless, thank you

Edited by - 11jono11 on Oct 15 2010 4:27:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  3:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

Kind of bothered me..

Kind of bothered who?

Love!

Ha ha :) Too funny!

It bothered the same part of my mind that was amused in your mind by my post.

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  10:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoyed the humor carson.

I always feel on the edge when someone pulls the rug out from under my feet. exhilirating at times

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000