AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 question for yogani and others
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  01:05:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey there, I've been going through an new round of K emergence the past couple of months, as i've related in another post.

I've been experiencing a multitude of disconcerting symptoms. Recently, i've noticed an intense ringing in the ears, and i'm curious if anyone else (especially yogani, who seems to be quite mature in his K process) has ever experienced this.

More detail:
While I've certainly experienced ringing in the ears before, including changes in frequency, left ear and/or right ear stuff, and all manner of aural phenomona, the past several days i've been experiencing a high pitched ringing of the ears that is not going away. It doesn't change, its there when i'm sleeping and when i'm awake.

During this time (last week or so) any type of practice brings out so much K that I am basically unable to function in any normal sort of way. I'm certain that the ringing will pass....

however, do you think this is related to maybe the throat chakra or the ajna chakra?

I ask this because I believe the ringing is related to the muscles of the temples, the points on either side of the eyes. I had shiatsu massage recently (which is one way to get the K really revved up, hahaha!) and I found through the massage that there was a dysfunction with the muscles + prana at my left temple.

As this "issue" has been released, the ringing in the ears began. Ive had some seriously bad migraines in this timespan (which I have only very occasionally).

What is the connection there between the temple points, and my ears? Is this an ajna issue or a vishuddha issue?

any input is appreciated!

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  10:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight:

Beyond the principles and practices of self-pacing discussed in the lessons, it has never been much about the symptoms of kundalini here, though there have been plenty over the years.

First and foremost, it has always been about cultivating abiding inner silence in deep meditation and samyama. With that, the energetic aspects find fruition sooner rather than later, and with much less disruption. Certainly much less angst.

Sometimes we may tend to think of our kundalini situation as a spiritual badge, or something like that. We might even be inclined to hang on to it. It can be that all-consuming, particularly with limited presence of the witness (inner silence). But it is only a transitional stage, one that we'd like to bring to its refined condition of loving ecstatic bliss as soon as possible. Then we can get on with the real business of enlightenment, which is the unending outpouring of divine love. That is stillness in action, our inner silence flying on the wings of mature ecstatic conductivity and radiance (kundalini) for the benefit of all. This is a condition of rising unity -- non-duality.

The energetics are not the primary source of this fruition. Abiding inner silence is. This is because self-awareness (Self-knowledge) can never be found through identification with the objects of perception. Only in the rise of pure bliss consciousness and its expression in (as) the world. Kundalini is a facilitator of this, not the underlying cause.

So, rather than focusing on symptoms (energy), I suggest focusing on having a well-rounded routine of practices and daily activity, with self-pacing applied as necessary. It isn't about the symptoms, or the "scenery" -- physical, mental or emotional. It is about favoring a sound meditation-centered practice routine over the long term. This will greatly shorten the interim stage of kundalini awakening, and make for a much smoother ride.

Many have come here with pre-awakened kundalini symptoms like yours. Those who have been able to settle in with this sort of broad-scope approach to practices have found some good progress with less chaos. That's why you will find few panicky kundalini discussions in the AYP support forums. Most have it pretty well in hand here. The panicky discussions there are usually are started by folks coming here with aggravated symptoms originating somewhere else.

Hopefully we can be of some assistance.

Wishing you all the best on your continuing path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  01:21:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate your input Yogani, thank you.

I understand your perspective, because I have found that it is indeed important to develop and maintain a consistent practice in order to cultivate equilibrium.

However, there is another component to K, and we may disagree on this I suppose.

That is, this is a process. And as such, it has a linear quality as well as a cyclical quality.

While some people may be content to just seek a balance wherever they are (which is an admirable quality and one that I share appreciation for), I find that I have a strong desire to "complete" the process as much as I can. That is, I have a drive to progress and and reach my potential.

We may differ in our thoughts in this regard.

In my post, I did not mean to convey that I am supremely focused on these symptoms. I was looking for greater understanding of what i need to focus on at this time in order to facilitate this particular "crisis". In short, I am always looking for ways to improve my practice, and to assimilate the things that this K experience is trying to teach me.

And rather than having "pre-awakened" symptoms, as you suggest, I have had a relatively intense K experience going on 7 years now. This isn't some spiritual badge, this is my life, which is 180 degrees different than it was pre-K. This is not something I asked for, it is something I was given and I have had to learn the hard way on my own these past years.

Regardless, I appreciate your point of view, and accept that we must have different perspectives on K. Maybe it is simply different experiences of K, how can i say? I wouldnt describe my post as "panicky", and i don't believe just because i am new here that i should be judged in the way you seem to have done... just my impression, please don't take offense.

Thanks again, and if anyone has any additional input on how i can integrate this change in my ears and how it may relate to concepts or obstacles i would certainly appreciate it :)

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  03:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello tonightisthenight, i don't see any judgment in Yogani's reply only a hand for help from a guy who's been into yoga for almost 40 years now i think and "really" knows what he's talking about.

what AYP offers is a safe way for people with tough kundalini awakenings to progress the easy way: http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

AYP has helped me and many others over here as well, and what used to be painful kundalini symptoms are now mostly ecstatic.

in the end this is your path and it's your choice either the easy way or the rough one...

namaste
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  06:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for input Ananda...

I have indeed read quite a bit of the material from this site. There is a lot of value in it, and I am impressed that someone has expended so much effort in an attempt to help other people!

Unfortunately, sometimes I have questions on this path that are not answered by: "read this material again and self pace", which seems to be a stock response to just about any question that arises on these boards.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  11:37:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight:

The symptoms you mention are related to energy accumulating in the head and throat. There are components in AYP that can mitigate this, but they are part of the whole of our practice, and not necessarily magic bullets in themselves for dealing with specific symptoms. That is why I generally offer a broad view, because symptoms are seldom resolved by focusing on the symptoms. If we push in one place, it will often pop out somewhere else.

That said, self-pacing any causative practices and grounding in daily activity are the first orders of business with too much energy in the head.

If there are no known "causative practices," then just ceasing spiritual attention in general can help. That means keeping busy doing other things entirely for a while. This is assuming the symptoms are excessive and not desired to be at that level. And if they are desired, we can cling to them and enjoy them. Our choice.

If you want to know exactly what these particular symptoms mean, neither I, nor anyone, can tell you for sure. The symptoms of purification and opening in each of us are as unfathomable as the karma behind them. Sure, we can talk all day about what this or that sensation means. In the end, it isn't about the symptom. It is about dissolving and transcending the resistance, which leads us forward into unending ecstatic bliss. This is what practices are for.

As far as additional specific measures AYP can offer, chin pump is good for balancing/integrating energy between the head and the rest of the body. If we are meditating with mantra, solar centering can help a lot. Under certain circumstances, targeted bastrika can help, but that one has to be approached carefully, because it can take us in the opposite direction toward more energy.

All of these things overlay on the core AYP practices of spinal breathing pranayama and deep meditation. So no specific method mentioned is guaranteed to produce the same kind of results it can when taken as part of the whole.

Regarding "concepts or obstacles," that is what I was referring to with the "badge of spirituality" phrase. Certainly not a put-down. It refers to the fact that we all tend to identify with our experience, and that identification can perpetuate the situation. It is, after all, identification of awareness with thoughts, feelings and physical sensations that keep us bound up in the first place. All spiritual practice is about unwinding identification of self with the objects of perception, including with an ongoing kundalini situation.

The cultivation of abiding inner silence is the best way I know to do the unwinding, followed by an intelligent approach to ecstatic energy awakening (the wings of stillness in action), samyama (enlivening stillness outward), self-inquiry (when we can do so in stillness), and so on.

So if you are looking for a progressive approach through all this, there is one here. But it cannot be done easily in bits and pieces. It takes an embracing of the whole, and methods that address the whole. Along the way, the specifics are taken care of by the awakening of the whole.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  9:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you again Yogani, this time for your very informative response :)

You have some great points there, thank you for taking the time to explain your reasoning.

I think, overall, that while I've learned to cultivate the silent witness within myself, and to distance myself from purification symptoms, this recent crisis has really challenged me in this regard.

While I've certainly experienced many physical symptoms before, this time around the physical symptoms have been wide-ranging and quite painful... and mysterious!

I am not accustomed to the severity of pain i am experiencing now. And, above all, the physical discomfort I have been feeling is very limiting. Psychic and energetic symptoms are "easy", but as i progress into these grosse expressions of the K, I become quite anxious to pass through these matters, making it more difficult to find the balance between cultivating and pacifying the changes.

Thank you for again for your conversation because it has helped me to understand these issues with more clarity.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  11:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight:

Being established in inner silence is not about "distancing" ourselves from objects of perception and our identification with them. It is about allowing them. In stillness our contraction around these perceptions loosens and then the energy can move with less friction. It is the contraction/friction that causes the discomfort. As long as we are personally trying to control something there will be resistance and discomfort. "Distancing" is a form of controlling.

There isn't an instant way to get to the point of abiding inner silence capable of loosening such contractions. It requires cultivation over time, which leads to abiding witness, which is not touched by physical, mental or emotional symptoms, even while being in them and of them. When we can allow our attention to simply be with symptoms in this penetrating way, without having to do something with them, this is when releases can come.

The self-pacing, grounding, etc., are in a different category, more on the level of energy management, or at least tempering its intensity.

Ultimately, it is our inner silence that carries us through. All the other things are interim measures to smooth external symptoms of the underlying unfoldment, which is why I say that the real work is in engaging in and pacing practices that deal with the whole rather than the parts.

But like I said earlier, if things are going off the scale, then it would probably be best to not even be considering spiritual matters, and go off and do other things for a while, until there is some stabilization. Then you will be in a better position to take a fresh look at all of this.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  11:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight:

Perhaps a few pointed questions should be asked (maybe we should have done this first):

1. Kundalini awakening is a partnership between ourselves and the divine. Have you taken ownership of your role in this partnership, or do you consider yourself to be a victim in it?

2. Do you consider yourself responsible to take the lead in navigating through the kundalini aspects of your spiritual journey?

3. Have you redirected your attention from excessive focus on kundalini symptoms into productive activities in daily living to whatever degree you can?

4.What were your practices and daily activity during initial kundalini awakening, and what are they now?

5. Are you engaged in daily physical work and/or exercise?

6. Have you tried a twice-daily routine of AYP spinal breathing pranayama as per Lesson 69?

7. Have you tried a twice-daily routine of AYP deep meditation?

8. Have you tried chin pump and/or any other AYP methods?

9. Are you favoring a vata/pitta pacifying diet?

10. Have you tried Taoist grounding practices, like Tai Chi?

11. What other measures have you tried over the years to find a balance with kundalini?

12. Of all the things you have tried, what has helped, and what has not?

13. What are you inclined to be doing next?

If you can answer these questions, it will give a better idea of what is going on. Right now it is not really clear where you stand in relation to these key areas of consideration.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  4:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

I have questions on this path that are not answered by: "read this material again and self pace", which seems to be a stock response to just about any question that arises on these boards.

Hi Tonightsthenight,

It may seem that way (that we give a "stock response") ... but that tends to be the case, primarily, when we have limited information to go by ... and so, it becomes kind of the only answer we reasonably *can* give.

If you have other specific questions, please post/ask them directly and specifically ... and chances are you will get some useful answers, and/or get some useful pointers to other resources.

I think it's fair to say that AYP is probably the online community with the highest number of people who have successfully experienced complete kundalini awakenings, including ongoing liberation, as well as the community with the least instances of deeply negative kundalini-related experiences, and (last but not least) the community where kundalini is not thought to be something mysterious, magical, or pathological ... but is known to be simply what it is: the aspect of our own highest consciousness which acts as the catalyst to take us into living experience of the fulfillment of liberation in this life (ultimately) by knowing and living from our true nature.

And so, if there's a better place to openly ask specific kundalini questions than this forum .... I have yet to learn of it .... and I would encourage you to "ask away".

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  06:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I am not accustomed to the severity of pain i am experiencing now.

"IF YOU CAN SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM THE PHYSICAL BODY, AND REST IN CONSCIOUSNESS, THEN THIS VERY MOMENT YOU WILL BE HAPPY, AT PEACE, AND FREE OF BONDAGE."
http://www.balbro.com/maha/

All the pains belong to the physical body, not you.

"In stillness our contraction around these perceptions loosens and then the energy can move with less friction." - Yogani ji's post above.

It is impossible for a yogi who is firmly established in Meditation to suffer any pain during his Sadhana/Practice. But its strange that its been 7 years your K's been awakened and still you are feeling pains.

The ringing, extreme pains and other crazy experiences are fairly common among beginners.

One should always ground after the Pracitce/Sadhana. The methods to ground are modified by K automatically depending upon its progress.

How do you ground yourself?
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  08:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys... i will respond in more detail in a few minutes but i don't have more than a minute right now. First off, thanks for your time and your effort :)

Manigma, i share your perspective, which is part of the reason why this current crisis is such a challenge for me. Nonetheless, this is the first time i have ever felt physical pain in a samadhi-like state.

Yogani, my short answer to your questions is that i have developed a very definitive practice in response to my spontaneously arising k, and that i have everything invested in the process, having completely surrendered my former life.

Kirtanman, thank you for you perspective. I agree that most web sites dealing with spiritual matters in general and K in particular are mostly sophomoric attempts.

thanks guys i will reply in more detail when i can.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  09:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alright I've got a few minutes here to give a more detailed response (as your questions deserve).

Manigma:

you said, "It is impossible for a yogi who is firmly established in Meditation to suffer any pain during his Sadhana/Practice. But its strange that its been 7 years your K's been awakened and still you are feeling pains."

It has been truly strange to experience physical pain in this regard. This physical pain was bizarre to begin with. It felt like i had some sort of cable stuck within the right half of my body, one end emerging from the inner pelvis and the other terminating in the SCM muscle of the neck. This pain included the sensation of catching or pulling on the bottom of my rib cage, and coincided with a long term but minor hernia of the abdominal wall (sports injury). My SCM muscle would throb and vibrate and swell. I was getting migraines.

In deep meditation, the higher the level of energy cultivated, the higher the pain. Red hot pain.

Regarding the timing of these things, I have not had extreme symptoms like these since the beginning of my K experience. I find it strange. The symptoms i've described here by no means cover everything i've been experiencing the past couple of months. I was simply addressing the fact that i was feeling extreme pain in deep meditation.

Kirtanman:

Thank you for taking the time to explain your perspective. I am delighted to have found a resource with mature, experience based discussions and information. I can definitely see how a "stock response" can be an effective way to deal with newcomers, especially given that so many people come to boards like this ranting and raving. I apologize if i came off as abrasive, i probably should have provided more information initially!

Yogani:

1. I accept my role in this partnership.
2. I consider myself responsible in the sense that it is my actions that determine the quality of my spiritual journey.
3. Yes
4. before K awakening, and after K awakening = 180 degrees different. Before K awakening i had no knowledge of spiritual affairs.
5. Yes, running, asanas, strength training, et cetera
6. i have tried it, it is very calming
7. i do deep meditation daily, but generally assume a meditative mind state whenever i am alone
8. i have read about this but have not tried the chin pump exercise
9. my diet generally conforms to that. i eat what my body wants, no refined grains, no preservatives, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, no refined sugars.
10. yes, i do qi gong daily
11. & 12. I have found that yoga asanas have been indispensable. i cannot even imagine someone have a high level of k and not doing asanas. Changing my diet was also extremely helpful. Meditation, as well, has been indispensable.
13. i am inclined to try to balance everything out so that i can really make use of this powerful force within me. i just want to fulfill my potential and use my considerable talents in a positive way.

i hope that gives you a decent rundown!

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  12:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight:

Thanks for the rundown. That helps.

A key point that has been alluded to several times is the relationship between current practices and symptoms. Self-pacing of practices is a primary control mechanism we have on excessive symptoms, which are essentially too much energy running through as yet not fully purified subtle nerves. Your answers point to you not having a clear handle on self-pacing yet.

What is not always obvious is the "cause and effect" between practices and symptoms because, 1) there can be a time delay between practices and energetic effects, and 2) what we may not consider to be formal practice, per say, like being "meditative" all day, or stoking our bhakti all day, or intensely studying and engaging in activities like this forum, can be highly stimulating to the energies.

Given all of these factors, it is necessary to anticipate and self-pace before the fact in the case of delayed reactions, and regard seemingly innocent desires/bhakti or associations as energy-stimulating practice as well. This is why the suggestion has been made to simply disengage from all spiritual intentions and activities for a while if symptoms are running off the scale. This is the price we may have to pay sometimes for overdoing. There is an extreme example of this scenario in the Secrets of Wilder novel. I'm not saying you are into that, but if you don't take appropriate action, you may end up there.

If we don't self-pace in a structured way, and decide to keep pressing ahead instead, eventually we will be forced to self-pace in an unstructured way that may involve serious health issues. Due to the recovery time involved, the latter is a much slower path, so it makes sense to slow things down now, before you are forced to stop everything for much longer later.

There is the analogy of driving the fast sports car, and allowing for the sharp curves in the road along the edge of a cliff. We can slow down for the curves, and navigate them with relative safety, or ignore them and sooner or later go flying over the edge. Which do you think will bring us to our destination sooner?

Your painful right side imbalance symptom is a clear indication of overdoing, and perhaps even wrong practice. Light sessions of spinal breathing can help (see here on left or right side imbalances). This should be coupled with a general relaxation of all other spiritual endeavors until things even out. These actions can help. But you really have to want the balance. It will not happen as long as you are being a kundalini hero.

You have studied and found out a lot over the years, but your current situation is a clear indication that you are ignoring some of the basics. Your symptoms are not coming out of nowhere. You have caused them. If we do not learn to apply the basics relatively easily, then we will be sure to be learning them the hard way. The easier way is preferred by most. It's your call. If you are a John Wilder type hero, I can sympathize. But there was no AYP around when he was doing his daredevil thing. His journey (and mine) is what led to AYP.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  10:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani, you obviously have a great perspective on things.

This recent issue really starts with the imbalance on my right side, and some other problems. These did not result from overactive practice, but were actually there for years and years before k, and these were maybe the impetus for an overly aggressive approach.

This is a very difficult time for me. You are correct that, sometimes, i neglect a "tortoise" approach in favor of the "hare."

I try to keep a balanced ("paced") approach, although when i feel an urgency i know that sometimes i push too hard. This has been one of those times. I've felt like if i could fully heal this deep, deep trauma that i had become aware of recently, that i could find the next stage of my path.

What it comes down to is that, while having suffered a great deal in the first few years of K, the past two years have been filled with unimaginable suffering. I basically went to my absolute lowest point, and then it got worse, and worse, and i kept hitting these new levels of suffering. And even though i kept a regular (and very balanced) practice, a great attitude, enthusiasm for life, and love in my heart through all this, i hit a point where the divine just basically broke my spirit. Completely crushed me, devastated me. And this wasn't from wrong practice or not enough self pacing... this was purely the divine dragging you through shards of glass.

So that's the context for this recent "crisis." Following this profound suffering, I've kind of had an experience of being "reborn from the ashes" concomitant with some of these intense purifying symptoms, and i have an intense desire to reach a new level, because i cannot conceive of more suffering of the same type at this point. The suffering is purifying, yes, but i simply cannot keep walking through broken glass.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  11:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Following this profound suffering, I've kind of had an experience of being "reborn from the ashes" concomitant with some of these intense purifying symptoms, and i have an intense desire to reach a new level, because i cannot conceive of more suffering of the same type at this point. The suffering is purifying, yes, but i simply cannot keep walking through broken glass.

Hi tonightsthenight:

From my experience, this would usually not be a good time to act aggressively on an "intense desire to reach a new level." It is counter-intuitive, in that what we have learned in our culture is to press ahead at all costs to reach our goal. But it is not applicable in this sort of situation. In yoga, pressing ahead, attempting to "break through," particularly when we are energy challenged, will usually land us in more trouble. In situations like this, we find that less is more. A lot more. As we learn to let go, then the openings will happen without the stresses and strains caused by human striving. There is a time to strive and there is a time to let go.

It's your call of course. Just sharing a hard-earned lesson. Others here have been through similar scenarios, and you will find the "less is more" slogan coming up fairly frequently in this community. We all need a reminder on that from time to time, because it is counter-intuitive, especially when the bhakti is surging and we are on fire for that final dash. There is no such thing in yoga. The final dash is not a dash at all. It is a letting go. When the urgency and symptoms have reached a seemingly unbearable peak, that is when less can be more, and when it is good to slow down and let go. We might be amazed by the result. Enlightenment is not a doing. It is an undoing.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  11:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great point again.

There it is again, this balance between doing things and letting things get done.

Hehehe , it used to be easier I think, because in the past i could just surrender and i had total faith that things would work out, and they always did!

Now its more difficult, because i've lost that faith (for good reason).

All part of the path i suppose...

Thanks again for your insightful help yogani :)
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  02:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight,

Sorry, to hear of your struggles and pain. You have received excellent feedback from Yogani and others regarding self-pacing and the kundalini process. Advice which I feel is very wise and important. In my experience, sometimes there are extreme situations characterized by particular types of imbalances where additional help can be of value. Please know it is not my intention to direct you away from AYP and the advice you have received which have helped many including myself. With the specific difficulty you have described, I just wanted to provide additional information that may be helpful. You can determine if any of it is of value for your current situation. Please do not give up hope. You are loved and will come out the other side of this.

The following is an excerpt from a discussion I had with Carson regarding this. The full discussion can be found at www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=6442#57805.
quote:
Hi Carson,

Great video. Tao Semko is one of the KAP (kundalini awakening process) instructors and the individual referred to in my comment to Ananda in his 'Fiery Heart Awakening' post who helped another AYP practitioner with some significant self-pacing problems through the KAP1 curriculum.

Love and Light,
Steve

Hi Carson,

My apology for getting a bit off topic with this post.

Was just connecting a face with KAP and my earlier comment to Ananda for any others who might be interested. I have seen your posts on thetaobums so I knew you knew about Tao and Santiago.

quote:
I think their system (well Glenn Morris's really) is great, albiet a bit too centered on "energetics" and a little soft in the "Silence" area,
Agreed, alot of energetics. Of good note, it is systematically presented and can be helpful in certain kinds of difficult blockage and overstimulation situations. For some individuals with particular kinds of blockages, the additional practical knowledge of the underlying energetics causing the problem and measures to relieve them can can help eliminate months of discomfort facilitating the release of a condition that could take much more time to resolve itself through self-pacing guidelines alone. Self-pacing plus this kind of applied practical energetic knowledge can work hand-in-hand to help remedy tough issues. Especially so, when kundalini is awakening and the blockage leads to overstimulation of particular nadis, chakra(s) and other parts of the energy system and physical body. For many DM, SB, samyama, self-pacing is more than enough. However, with some blockages and overstimulation, sometimes something extra is needed or at a minimum can at least be helpful. Look at how long Jim had difficulty with his throat area before working things out. I know for me personally the systematic opening of my energy system accomplished through the Healing Tao (Mantak Chia, Michael Winn) provided foundation and support for AYP and other practices.

Love and Light,
Steve
More information on Tao Semko and the series of practices he teaches known as the Kundalini Awakening Process can be found at www.kundaliniawakeningprocess.com/.

Personally, there have been two additional courses of study-practice that provided much support for AYP practice. These include studying the Healing Tao with Mantak Chia and Michael Winn which occurred prior to AYP. Also, the Padmacahaya curriculum which began with the practice of Reiki Tummo and opening the heart followed by the study-practice that engages the innermost Heart and the reception of the direct help and blessings of Source.

Healing Tao - Mantak Chia - www.universal-tao.com
Healing Tao USA - Michael Winn - www.healingtaousa.com

More information about Reiki Tummo, Padmacahaya and opening the heart can be found at:

www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...._ID=2452#2452
www.open-your-heart.org.uk/
www.padmacahaya.com

Wishing you the best, much love to you ...
Steve

Edited by - Steve on Apr 26 2010 03:03:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  02:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hehehe

Glad you were not killed. The injuries/pains could have been avoided. Or maybe these were required to come out as they are.

He suffered unbearable pain. Suddenly a sound was heard, something like smoke was seen. The Kundalini had caused an aperture at the top of his skull...
http://www.mountainrunnerdoc.com/kundalini.html

I understand you do qi gong daily as a grounding practice. The K tried similar practices on me few years ago. But I was a lazy person so they didn't suit me very well.

See these videos:
1. http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...251923&hl=en
2. http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...258506&hl=en
3. http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...258506&hl=en

(DON'T LAUGH.... I don't have that extra fat anymore.)

Then I did asanas:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7409

I discovered Sirsasana with either the crown or forehead touching the ground is a quick and effective method used by K to ground itself.

I was in a bad shape once and got the feeling to surrender to Mother Earth. It was then that K revealed this technique. Its altered by K whenever required depending upon its progress.

Kundalini awakening is a partnership between ourselves and the divine. - Yogani Ji

Have fun!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  03:32:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys,

Thanks for your help...

I agree that Yogani's AYP information is a fantastic resource, and I plan on investigating it even more fully.

Steve and Manigma, thank you for the links, i will check them out

Manigma, I'm glad i wasn't killed too!
I don't think that i was in any danger. I will simply say that when psychic symptoms coincide with physical symptoms it can be really bizarre. The feeling i had of a "cable" running through the right side of my body is ultra bizarre, because physiologically, there are no muscles or tissues that run the length of that axis. And it wasn't a psychic sensation, this was a full on physical sensation. My understanding is that I must have been carrying some sort of emotional armor in that axis... along a set of interconnecting fascia and muscles. and i think its was there for a very long time.

Steve, thank you for the helpful words. I must say that i've never feared i wouldn't come out the other side. Sometimes i just fear that i won't come out on the side i want to come out on!
The big thing for me is the loss of trust and faith in the process and in the divine. When you've done everything that's been asked of you, and you do everything at your best, and every time you stand up again you get kicked in the balls... well... let's just say it doesn't increase your confidence in god's intentions.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  02:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
i had of a "cable" running through the right side of my body

These cables can also be pulled out with your hands and rewired by K as necessary. I have done it several times. Those who have the gift can also see them.

Natural growth is a slow and painless process. You hardly feel any pains or inner changes in muscles/bones while becoming a 6 ft tall human from a toddler.

By means of kundalini awakening, you are compensating with the laws of nature and speeding up the pace of your physical, mental and spiritual evolution. - Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000