Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 belching
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  11:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Not sure what forum this belongs in, but I've been experiencing excessive burping and belching (to the point of hilarity). Sometimes it can last several minutes. It happens throughout the day - and often when I'm beginning pranayama I have a lot of air to clear from the stomach, so that is when I notice it. Are these what are known as deep cosmic purification belches?

I'm only kidding. But they do come from deep in the stomach. I remember one lesson called "strange gurglings" and this is possibly my own personal manifestation of that prana/air relationship. I'm pretty sure it is related. It feels like there's air trapped way down deep in my stomach, and I just need that one really great burp to feel all the pressure release, but I can never quite get it. Perhaps it's purification - perhaps it's time for that lighter diet in the lessons too.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  08:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the result of soma production.
You can read more here:
Lesson 304 – Diet, Kundalini, and the Nectar Cycle

Good things are happening.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  1:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah same thing is happening to me along with frequent bowl moment..thnks shanti for the link.

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  08:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Remember that in Yoga, we are working at the energetic level.

If you have an emotion, but do not let it express itself, it stays stuck and forms a denser energy pattern within your energetic body. Memories, emotions, repetetive thought patterns - all of these create denser energy which may or may not get crystalized.

By doing energetic practices such as Yoga, pranayama and meditation, what happens is that those denser energy patterns get transmuted, "microwaved" so to speak. Now in a more fluid and subtle (gaseous) state they can now travel along the nadis and exit via the digestive system.

So when we do such practices, we are clearing our karma so to speak, in a very real sense.

If you pay attention you could notice someold memory pop up or some striking thought form surface shortly before burping.

Eventhough you may have stopped your sadhana an hour earlier, energetically, the process is still happening - the wheels have been set in motion so to speak and will continue to turn for sometime, as will the purification, until it winds down.

But as you clear those energetic blockages and your wheels(chakras) start turning, you become like a vaccuum. As your energetic machinery starts working again, it starts to take in energy from around you. If you are around people who are full of baggage, and don't do any work on themselves, then unfortunately, you might inadverdently end up processing their junk for them.

That is how I understood the concept of Satsang - being around people who are on the same path, who do their own work. Otherwise, it's no fun doing so much work on yourself, clearing your junk, only to end up processing another person's junk.

Physically it is not hamring you, but energetically it will be uncomfortable for the time that the junk is being processed. Sometimes you may even feel nauseous - that's when you know how much baggage others might be carrying.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000