Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 practises for entering stage 2 khechari
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fcry64

India
53 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  03:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit fcry64's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
for stretching teh tongue:

1)pulling it out by grabbing teh tip with a cotton cloth, putting some ghee on it prior to that and swaying it from side to side also - is side to side necessary, also during teh swaying from side to side, is it advisable to brush teh frenum against teh lower teeth?

2)doing the same as above but milkin it by grabbin it from teh base n movin along to teh tip, massaging teh tongue that way with each slide, alternatively with each hand - like swami sivananda puts it(am i right about milking?)

3)talavya/talabhya/talabya kriya - should ghee be used during talavya kriya? 200-500 reps as it was put up in some topic? also puttin hot water on the tongue helps in gettin a good stretch?

4)pushing out teh tongue as far as possible n then tugging on it. also up towards teh nose or down towards teh chin n then tuggin on it. also holdin it at that posn for a while.
also "I warm it up a bit, the bottom part of the tongue, and then start to go at it. I first stick it out, and stretch straight out. I will alternate this every so often with straight down, just any stretch that helps me pull out more tongue so to speak." - from a forum topic(weird find) i came across as i googled for tongue lengthening
warmin teh bottom part helps?

5)"..when it is stretched (usually by grabbing the front part with a clean handkerchief (in order to prevent slipping) and gently pulling and twisting for a few minutes."
http://www.rainbowbody.net/Purity/Kriya.htm
twisting teh tongue?

6)read rounded tongs or a special tongue pulling tong can be used to draw the tongue out n milk it
is this better?

7)"A deep massage at the root/bottom of the tongue (not the top of the tongue) toward the bottom and back of the jaw as in jhiva kriya is of great benefit in lengthening the tongue and opening up the saliva glands.... Be sensitive to any bumps, swellings, adhesions, hard spots and so on massaging in a gentle circular motion....Also pushing the upper part of the tongue backwards with a clean index finger toward the uvula is both stimulating to the head region and also lengthens the tongue."
should i be addin this too?

8)"Get a glass Coke bottle, put it in your mouth and suck out all the air. Your tongue will automatically suck into the opening. Now, relax your mouth and the suction should hold the bottle on and give your tongue a very nice stretch. Work towards doing this with a full bottle and you might be able to compete with Gene Simmons." - from a forum topic(weird find) i came across as i googled for tongue lengthening
hows this?

9)first hold and massage, tehn use a clocth to pull n twist for a while?

10)KECHARI SOMA MANTRA
"HRIM BHAM SAM PAM PHAM SAM KSHAM"
use it? what is teh right pronounciation for pham - is is fam or paham as in that youtube video posted here.. he says paham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0cIiRUVWsY

11)pullin teh uvula forwards to let the tongue in? just wondering as it was posted here too.. i guess that wouldn't be appropriate tho

anybody has anything else to add here ?

Edited by - fcry64 on Nov 28 2009 05:22:04 AM

fcry64

India
53 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  02:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit fcry64's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
somebody whoes gone thru advise me on teh talavya/stretching routine pls
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  09:31:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by fcry64

somebody whoes gone thru advise me on teh talavya/stretching routine pls

See if these topics help you:
'milking the tongue' and 'tooled talavya'
"tooled talavya kriya"

Also use the search option and look for the words "talavya" and "milking" (Match exact phrase) and you will find some more topics where this is discussed.

Hope these help.
Go to Top of Page

fcry64

India
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  11:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit fcry64's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i read throughalmost all forum topics on this before posting. i thought maybe theres a routine to this that someone would let me know.
Go to Top of Page

fcry64

India
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  03:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit fcry64's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.dlshq.org/download/kundalini.htm

Instructions On Mudras And Bandhas (from "Kundalini Yoga" by Sri Swami Sivananda)

4. Khechari Mudra should be done under the direct guidance of a Khechari Guru. Cutting the lower tendon should be carefully done at regular intervals. Aspirants may not be successful in this Kriya if they begin after 25 years of age when the muscles and nerves have become stiff.

do the muscles and nerves become stiff after 25 n teh khechari is not attainable?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  07:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

http://www.dlshq.org/download/kundalini.htm

Instructions On Mudras And Bandhas (from "Kundalini Yoga" by Sri Swami Sivananda)

4. Khechari Mudra should be done under the direct guidance of a Khechari Guru. Cutting the lower tendon should be carefully done at regular intervals. Aspirants may not be successful in this Kriya if they begin after 25 years of age when the muscles and nerves have become stiff.

do the muscles and nerves become stiff after 25 n teh khechari is not attainable?

Someone else posted that their guru said they could not start kechari till they were 75. It's funny how different people teach things that are completely opposite of each other.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....age=12#60120
quote:
Originally posted by Lavazza

I asked my teacher if I should practice khecari mudra. He asked me how old I was and then said that I should wait. Wonder what is about? Anyway, I will wait.

quote:
Originally posted by Lavazza

quote:
Originally posted by Victor

You are 45 but not old enough for kechari? That's pretty funny. If your teacher knows you well and thinks that perhaps you are not ready for some reason then I don't want to argue but age 45 is pretty much old enough for anything (except perhaps retirement)

Well, his teacher gave him instructions 30-40 years ago about things that he should do some years ago when he was 75.

FWIW fcry, I started snipping for kechari when I was around 40 and it took me 6 months to reach stage 2. Before that I had zero interest in kechari. So I really don't think there is a right and wrong age for this. You will be drawn to this practice (your inner guru will guide you), and when you are ready, you will start practicing kechari.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  07:53:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Fcry64

quote:

10)KECHARI SOMA MANTRA
"HRIM BHAM SAM PAM PHAM SAM KSHAM"
use it? what is teh right pronounciation for pham - is is fam or paham as in that youtube video posted here.. he says paham

In Sanskrit, the Ph sound is an aspirated P, so it is the same as P only more breath comes out immediately after the P.

I don't practice Talavya so can't help you there.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  1:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi fcry64
quote:

This is not my experience....I had not heard of Kechari Mudra before the age of 27 and was able to acheive stage 2 by age 28 after snipping about 10-12(ish) times.....I found the most useful stretching exercise to be pushing the tongue back in the throat with my fingers until I could leave it there resting on the back edge of the soft palette. I found stretching to give me much more length then snipping but that was just my experience. I am pretty sure that anyone of any age, with the right set of stretching and snipping exercises can acheive Kechari stage 2 and higher.

Best of luck.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

fcry64

India
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit fcry64's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for teh replies shanti, christi, carzon :)

i really wanted to know how milkin is properly done n whether teh special 'tongue tongs' mentioned in the rainbowbody link are better. just basically wanted to sum up teh practises people or somethin.

eg .. pullin n twistin is also mentioned in teh links.. wat about it.. it was mentioned anywhere on teh forums .. so i pretty much put in all teh questions i had about attainin stage 2 in teh main post
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  12:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I learned kechari in my 40s and didn't need to snip. I snipped lightly one time to see what it was like and then never repeated it as I was progressing nicely without. I am almost 49 now and kechari is pretty effortless now, and staying comfortably in stage 3 for an hour is no problem at all. My advice is just persevere and don't worry about age numbers but follow your inner guidance.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  11:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor....you can stay comfortable in Stage 3 for an hour?!? What about the saliva build up? I always have to come out every so often to swallow....I guess I could wear a bib and drool all over myself, but that would just creep my meditation partners out even more! Do you have any special techinques for dealing with saliva?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  5:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, I just swallow the saliva as needed. Its ok to take the tongue out of kechari for a moment to swallow every once in awhile. This actually happens more often while using kechari for alternate nostril breathing in pranayama. There are more secretions that flow (not just saliva) so I do have to swallow it every once in awhile. What I mean is that I generally do about an hour practice in the morning (pranayama and mantra) and use kechari throughout, It really is quite comfortable now.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  9:23:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been trying to get into kechari for two years

Edited by - alwayson2 on Dec 04 2009 9:47:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  07:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How do you know when your at stage 3? Does the tongue stop or hit something and can't go any more? I can follow the septum all the way up to where it takes a slight turn. At this point, if I move the tongue back an 1/8 or 1/4 inch I can touch the back of the nasal cavity. I have not felt this boney protrusion that I have read about yet.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  2:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well, if there is no part of the nasal cavity that is out of the reach of your tongue with the exception of the inside of the nostril holes then you are in stage 3. Everybodys anatomy is slightly different as is how they would describe it to others
Go to Top of Page

fcry64

India
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  12:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit fcry64's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok .. any advice on teh talavya kriya rounds or stretchin or anythin?
Go to Top of Page

singhbam

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  2:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

LESSONS FROM GOD - The Holy Spirit Kundalini Shakti &
increasing healing power / Our life force
OM SAI RAMA
When Sai Baba first woke me up from my attachment to this material world!
He first sent me for initiation into Reiki by Sensei Allan Sweeney and then to have my Vibrations Further raised with Initiations from Shamballa John Armitage Haridas Baba,
To raise one's Holy Spirit/Vibrations it is necessary to have Initiations from Pure Masters (unless one is born already highly Spiritually Vibrated!)

After Shamballa came Kriya Yoga initiations. It is the birthright of every soul to raise their Holy spirit/ Kundalini to connect to their inner soul i.e. their God Head.

I enjoyed the Kriya Yoga initiation. This is a scientific method of Breathing Very deep into our Divine Chakras, awakening them to enable us to hold more spiritual power within & awaken our Godhead.
After the Kriya Yoga Initiation in London, the Kriya masters watched me as I dropped back into my sloppy habit of not being disciplined and ignoring Kriya prayers.

A week had passed by, in sloth and laziness when, I was awoken Early morning by Kriya Guru Sri Yukteswar standing next to my bed. He grasped me with his hand and squeezed me until I was screaming with pain.

He spoke "Amarjit, the Masters have waited long enough you must start your prayers everyday".
I sat down and started my Kriya breathing prayers immediately.

Early next morning he re-appeared again and held his hand out menacingly. I surrendered and spoke "Swami, you do not need to hurt me again I will pray every day!"

www.kriya.org
I had been Intensly practicing Kriya for over a year, when suddenly one morning the roof of my house flew off. Incredible would not be able to describe this,
2 Red Indian Ladies flew in and stood on my sides and I bowed to them.
I was looking around and saw that my room had opened into the universe itself. I could see the stars and the moon it was incredible,

Kriya Yogi Pramahansa Yogananda (Autobiography of a Yogi) then floated down in front of me and spoke
" Amarjit, before you do any more Kriya you must have your Divine Etheric/divine meridians/Web repaired otherwise you will damage your Kundalini systems".

It hurt me to look at him as he was covered in Incredible Light, rainbows and angels were dancing all around him! I was crying looking at his Divine Radiant Beauty.

He pulled my soul out of my body and I stood next to him looking down at my body sitting in the cross legged position doing Kriya.

Why can't this happen everyday and How does he know my name I wondered.

P. Yogananda then me showed another incredible sight. He awoke my senses , He gave me X-ray eyes.

I could now see into my body. I could see Electrical circuits! Buzzing and humming I could see the entire framework of my body. I saw different color energies and sparks flying as I was doing my Kriya breathing. It was amazing, our bodies are not only flesh and bones they are a Divine Computer.

"Amarjit, look at the left side of your body",
I saw Meridians between my heart and Left knee were broken and the sparks at these areas were short circuiting.

" Amarjit, you must have this PAST Life trauma/Damage repaired before you do any more Kriya breathing".

"Amarjit, this temple of God you reside in must be pure and all the systems must be working to raise your Holy Spirit/Kundalini".

He then vanished as suddenly as he appeared.

I now wondered what is the Etheric Meridians he was talking about and who will repair them for me?

A couple of days one of my friends Brian a Kriya Master and a Mahavatar Babaji devotee rang me out of the blue and said Amarjit you can have your etheric meridians repaired by Vortex Healing
to be continued ;.................

www.vortexhealing.com

Click here: Meridian (Chinese medicine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

====================================================================

It is our birth right to raise our Kundalini/Holy Spirit, however we we must lead a pious and pure life.

The Etheric Meridians is the network of energy within our frame work must be unbroken and in good order .

If we raise our Kundalini energy with these broken then we can have a short circuit within our bodies which will certainly damage certain pathways within.

Our (click here) Chakra 's store much information including all our emotions, every thought we think & process is automatically stored in them.
If the Chakras are damaged in any way this too can cause the rise of the serpent energy to slow down at these areas and cause intense damage to our electrical system etc.

==========================================================

Click here: Swami Sri Yukteswarji Giriji Maharaji

www.angelfire.com/yt/Yukteswar/ - 15k - Similar pages
Click here: Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
http://www.newvision-psychic.com/bo...bioyogi.html
Kriya Yoga is a simple, psychophysiological method by which the human blood is decarbonized and recharged with oxygen. The atoms of this extra oxygen are transmuted into life current to rejuvenate the brain and spinal centers.
1 By stopping the accumulation of venous blood, the yogi is able to lessen or prevent the decay of tissues; the advanced yogi transmutes his cells into pure energy. Elijah, Jesus, Kabir and other prophets were past masters in the use of Kriya or a similar technique, by which they caused their bodies to dematerialize at will.
===========================================================================
Click here: John Van Auken | Seven Churches of the Revelation
www.yogibhajan.com
Click here: Kundalini Information & Kundalini Network
www.shamballafoundation.org
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  04:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
De carbonization of the blood is what westerners properly call hyperventilation. research it for yourselfs. practise it if your can. the method is simple and powerful. yet if you huff and puff air like a wild animal in heat you will hurt yourself. ox,dear, rabbit. realize the 3 speeds of breathing.
hyperventilation happens when carbon dioxide drops dramatically, in this state the nervouse system rapidly fires and the body stops sending signals for breathing. hence the breathless state.

Hypo ventilation is what most people experiance. it is the increase in carbon dioxide and often results in oxygen hunger " out of breath"
when these things are controlled they can be used to benifit. when they are the result or side effect of an ailment it is not a good thing.

now you know the kriya, the action, of decarbonizing the blood.
Now all you must find if the method. i tell you now. rhythem and consistancy is crucial. like the bellow blowing on the fire ;)

a gift! from somone who does not know if it is his to give. thrown into a sea with much salt. if you have eyes to see, simply do a bit of research, and you will realize. with proper practise. you will know. do not smoke, or your results will be negated. results will vanish with the smoke.
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  09:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I described already my trial on the basis of Ennio Nimis 2010 e-book edition on kriya yoga

http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/

to naturally exercise the frenulum without cutting it.

That convinced me but I do re-discover the exact quote not again but much further inspiration occurs by working Talabya kriya. I learnt also 95ss. the similarities of the 4 stages of Kriya yoga with stages in taoist alchemy of micro- macrocosmic orbit and thrusting channels. The free e-book of Michael Winn on inner smile reports his editing and knowledge of kriya yoga in comparison to the inner alchemy of Mantak Chia.

the quotes are 65,93ss and search words kechari talabya Lahiri Mahasaya.

axel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000