AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 "Solar Lite"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  2:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
If you're interested in trying Yogani's "Solar Centering Enhancement" to deep meditation (http://www.aypsite.org/368.html) but would prefer not to have something extra to "do" during meditation, here's the stripped-down version I'm using. It's not nearly as invasive, but seems to deliver some of the results others report from doing the full practice (though, of course, everyone's different, mileage varies, etc). Might be worth a try.

First, if you haven't already, read the lesson linked above.

Before you start deep meditation, take a just a few seconds to center your attention in what Yogani's calling the solar plexus (roughly halfway between heart and navel). Let the first couple of mantra repetitions come from this spot. And then drop the localizing. Let go of favoring your attention or mantra at this spot....i.e. do your deep meditation practice per normal. Don't worry about whether the placement is 'sticking" or not; in fact, totally let that go.

I find it really grounding, stabilizing, and expansive. So....this may be worth a try for those who don't want to plunge in all the way right away with this practice. Or at least something to try!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Nov 19 2009 4:31:29 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  10:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  8:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice suggestion, Jim & his karma.Very helpful!!

I was thinking along similar lines.Although i don 't mean to confuse protocol here.I know the line here is not to reduce time in any practice for the sake of an addition.As it's said we then venture into less predictablity or a "wild and wooly"
anything-goes approach which is not scientifc or promoting long-term stability and balance.

It seems there could be 3 dimensions- doing our normal DM ( as that habit has formed) focusing on the solar area, and not favouring any location at all.

Thanks for the feedback. If my attention is'nt divided perhaps it has baked in though it's results that counts, for sure.

Sensible to self-pace with the recent addition to the AYP toolbox if you do decide to take it on as my hunch is it can be quite potent. But very excited about it so far.Though it is a little prematuure to say if it is wise to be taking it on here.i Guess only i can discern whether it is appropriate. We'll see. Part of my self-pacing dilemmas is stopping practices entirely and grounding, as i don't wish to get too gluttinous.

-----

But I've been experiementing with a similar approach . So thanks for putting it out there.

I think sticking to the solar plexus region is a wise recommendation/prescription, at least for me so far.

Edited by - Akasha on Nov 21 2009 11:14:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  12:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a little solar light too.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  12:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for this, Jim

I just switched from full solar enhancement to something similar to your method. The only difference is that I briefly re-localize the mantra every couple of minutes.

Long story, but basically I realized that I haven't been very vigilant in letting the mantra refine. Or paying attention during DM, for that matter. My mind has been wandering and I've been following it.

Now that I'm being more mindful about the procedure of DM, the full solar enhancement is a distraction at the moment.

So this post has helped!

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000