New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  12:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well, its interesting because after becoming aware of the focus on ajna and consciously bringing it down to the solar plexus it seems to have naturally defused and now is less localized. Its only been a couple of days though so its still in process of integration
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  01:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

well, its interesting because after becoming aware of the focus on ajna and consciously bringing it down to the solar plexus it seems to have naturally defused and now is less localized. Its only been a couple of days though so its still in process of integration

Well, from one Iyengerite to another, it might be best not to monitor that process of defusement (is that a word?) too closely*....because doing so only will only create yet another reference point!

Space is infinite, and we are that, so might as well leave the body to the practice and utterly (and effortlessly) yield to expansion...

*- Iyengarites are inveterate tinkerers!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Nov 19 2009 01:40:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  04:38:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  4:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I had been a bit confused at first between all of the focus on the third eye (kechari, shambhavi)and then bringing the mantra down to the solar plexus. It seems that they do not contradict each other because the mantra is the subtle voice and the voice resonates lower and is not the same as the gaze. While I don't deliberately do shambhavi during meditation practice I do find my eyes automatically looking up if I check. This doesn't seem to have changed with the change in the solar plexus enhancement
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  4:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani, what would happen if it was taken even further down, to bring it to the womb? I have found that to be very powerful.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  8:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am very happy to see more feedback here.

I had to self-pace after experiemting with it. As i was experiencing a little discomfort a few days into trying it out,like in my lower back on one side( one of the vertebrae kinda clicked out of place i think as i rolled over in bed one morning and my hunch is it was this enhancment) So i just dropped all practices (as even SbP seemed to be aggravating it) and tried self-pacing/grounding. Things have stabilised somewhat. BUt my hunch is that there is a certain potency to this practice. And i think i was going lower than prescribed. And YOgani has said focusing on areas of perceived blockages almost never works.As it's best to stick to stable platforms long-term.It may also be that blockages may shift and then re-manifest in another area.

I may just return to doing my normal DM or not locating it anywwhere. I feel i could derive some benfit from this enhancment as you can go deeeper and make broader strokes.It is a little hard & premature to say right now.

But i am self-paicng at the moment. And if you run into stability isssues.Sensible to just back off.

I have felt more grounded.Yes, that has been said here, as I too got that impession.

And in some ways trying this one out does make you aware of where you may be unconsciously favouring.And it can feel different from one's normal DM( as that habit has formed) not to be locating it anywhere.

I do like the enhancment as it looks like it could really open up your DM practice globally.But i am aware of it's potency and trying to self-pace wisely..

I would'nt want to aggravate anyeixsting imbalances so i am kinda just dipping my toes in the water.

Ability to go deeper,less stuck in the head,potentially more subtlety,refininement, a broader sweep through the nerves and nadis.More radiaton from the centre/plumb line of the body etc

Edited by - Akasha on Nov 20 2009 8:06:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  8:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So far my experience with the enhancement has been wonderful!! Have still felt the mantra refining, but the solar plexus seems to have become another "anchor point" for the energy, drawing it down out of the head and relieving some of the pressure up there. Now I am feeling the energy extending further down the sushumna in a way I haven't been able to experience up until now...all the way down to svadhisthana (my energy flows have always been top down from the crown...so far little to no energy experienced in muladhara).

With the energy pulling out of the head region, it seems that the overall energy flows have not only become stronger, but also much smoother, and more centered. I feel like the enhancement has taken my practice to a whole new level...THANK YOU YOGANIJI

And last night after I fell asleep after sitting practices, I "woke up" while I was still asleep and was aware of an energy in my heart chakra that opened up into spaciousness...simply wonderful...

Love to All
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2009 :  07:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
gently introduced this a few times now. I find it's making making my body shake and my head describes a sort of figure of 8. Not sure if that is just concentrating too hard on the SP or further opening/energy.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  08:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl
I find it's making making my body shake and my head describes a sort of figure of 8.

Not quite sure what you mean by this,but if you've beeen tending to favour doing mantra predominantly in the Third-Eye and head for some time,then this enhancmeent can potentially be quite radical.

It can loosen up tensions in the chest , a feeling and sensations of greater expansiveness radiating out from there , and wake up your digestive tracts.Feel more grounded & centred.

quote:
Not sure if that is just concentrating too hard on the SP or further opening/energy.

Gentle favouring of location is obviously the way to go..If you can feel the mantra at the SP at a very refined subtle level...good.

Wise to self-pace with this one. Shaking i'm not sure if that is something i've experienced unless you mean kundalini jolts, or rushes, ; signs of the system waking up,or friction as the prana is trying to move & free itself up..

Another thought i had is that when i've said doing the mantra nowhere( as supposed to normally) perhaps i really mean doing it everywhere--- so the solar plexus seems like a nice place to work on the 'everywhere-approach'.The mantra radiates outwards, from the physical centre & kinda half-way along the sushumna(or between anahata and manipura so there's no favouring of chakras),just like the Sun.Perhaps this is what Yoganiji and/or other yogis had in mind.

Vitruvian Man, 1490
Leonardo da Vinci

Edited by - Akasha on Nov 24 2009 08:36:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  2:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think my internal Guru has decided to lay off on this new enhancement It's a bit too much like spinning plates with hands and feet.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  8:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel I had fallen into the oversensitive to DM category and decided to try this.
I had quit the i am meditation but have started it back up using the enhancement. Seem to be less in the head and I feel the body open up during this. I favor the mantra over the scenery, yet this is what I feel. I also find myself loosing track of time easier doing it this way. Have I practiced this way long enough to give you the data you are interested in, I may get back to you at a much later date on that.
keep up the selfless service brother
Brother Neil
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  11:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, now after practicing this way for a little while it has become second nature and once again have let go of focusing on any one spot but the tension from focusing in teh head is gone. Feels like the instruction has integrated
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  6:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
all i can say about this enhancement is that it's beautiful and very powerful.

when i first undertook it, i thought that it's very grounding but now i am having scd thoughts about that bcz most of my recent DM sessions have become very full with a lot of ecstatic kundalini surges and a lot of automatic jalandhara bandha and breath retention and the pain which i used to have in the heart has come back during these last two days but not as strong as before.

and the reason why i am still awake at 1:20 Am Beirut time after a long day at work is that i couldn't do my practices at the normal time so i did them before i went to bed and even though i was as sleepy and tired as hell i can't sleep now bcz of all the inner silence which was stirred up...

good night and have a nice day

namaste
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  12:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to add my thanks to Yogani for the practice of Solar Centering of the mantra.....I have been using it for 4 or 5 days now and the difference is monumental. What I have noticed is the feeling of expansiveness in the stomach/solar plexus area while using this technique. Like others here I had a natural tendency to locate the mantra (3rd enhancement....been using it for about 8-10 months now) at the ajna chakra....this wasn't creating any difficulties, but I do now realize that it made me very "top heavy" energetically....my third eye is almost always felt as a spinning/vibrating sensation on the forehead (even while out in regular activity) and this has not lessened with the Solar Centering enhancement, but what has happened is a grounding in the center of the body that wasn't there previously. The first few times using this technique I found that I had an almost "bloating" sensation in the 3rd chakra....like my stomach was getting larger and larger.....now after a little more use I am finding that the awareness can expand a great deal while it is located there....this has created an almost excessive amount of Bliss while in meditation as well as outside of meditation....especially after eating. With proper attention to grounding during the day and prudent self-pacing as needed this is smoothing out into a wonderful feeling of balanced ecstasy all day long. Thank you Yogani for this "enhancement"....it was just what the Doctor ordered

Love,
Carson

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention one other thing that has started happening since starting this enhancement....I have found myself losing "myself" completely several times during meditation....meaning when I notice I am off the mantra and off the solar plexus, I am finding that I am not off into thought, but am just "gone" completely....absolute nothingness....my head will be resting on my chest when I come "back". And sometimes I will notice it as it is happening....my head falling forward onto my chest as I lose awareness/consciousness. And I have also noticed that this has been spilling over into my rest time....on Wednesday I was late for an acupuncture appointment because after meditation I lost all consciousness in my rest period and I awoke wondering what day it was, if I was supposed to be doing something, who "I" was, what time it was, and how long I had been "out"....it took me a good 3-4 minutes to realize my accupuncture appointment was in 5 minutes on the other side of the city! And today I was late for work because the same thing happened....I lost consciousness in my rest period and went WAY over my allotted rest time and was late for work as a result....good thing there is noone at work these days to give me crap! Hahaha....Thanks again Yogani....a very powerful enhancement indeed.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 04 2009 12:25:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  4:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Carson!!

Interesting you mention that about losing "myself"; its been happening to me during Samyama since starting with the enhancement, same exact thing...when I "come to"...where am I? what time is it? what am I doing? (oh yeah, Samyama), what sutra am I on? (who knows???), ok I'll just pick it up here...2 sutras later same deal..."oh I guess I was out again.." oh well off to bed for my rest period...

Great stuff

Peace & Love
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  02:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  04:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
this is just a little update on this enhancement during DM and my DM sessions in general... it's centering no doubt about it... self pacing... after some sessions the silence is too intoxicating and too fulfilling to an extent where it feels like a big bother to talk... and the most beautiful thing about this enhancement is that it's really solar in the sense that the solar center has turned twice over here into a radiating silent and still sun that literally shines forth waves of inner silence around my aura and surroundings and beyond... but it goes out without saying that this is all still going on and off it's not permanent yet but it's definitely inspiring...

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  2:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear Yoganiji in case you're reading this, is the solar enhancement supposed to enhance the nectar cycle?

cause it really feels like something is cooking down there between the stomach, the heart and the ajna but it's all flowing mainly from the solar plexus but the presence of inner silence is around these areas in precise and like the last 2 times it's usually most intense after the sessions and it's even replacing most of the energetic feelings or kind of overpowering them.

and it feels like the satisfying taste of inner silence but it's very heavy to an extent where at certain times it was too intoxicating to talk today so i kept on being silent for most of the day but the thing started becoming lighter before the second session and now after my scd session of SBP and DM the taste is still here and again it grew very heavy.

plus something worth mentioning today is that while driving my car to work, during the traffic for like 30 seconds or so i went into a complete absorption in one hell of a very ecstatic and intoxicating state but somehow i was aware and in normal control of everything.

i should point out that these things are usually on and off with me and i am mostly in let down mode after them powerful highs but today was very different and it like i was high and still am all day long.. so it goes without mentioning that i am preparing for the downfall in case there is no more flow of that wine of silence..

would appreciate any feedback on these experiences and if they are just scenery due to purification then just say so and don't tire yourself with the details..

namaste kind one(f)

p.s: the radiation outside the body which was there last Saturday isn't happening along today's ride.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  2:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

...is the solar enhancement supposed to enhance the nectar cycle?

Hi Ananda

Surely. You have the proof.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  4:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thx Yoganiji,

after reading about the nectar cycle again in lesson 304 and in the tantra lessons and around the forums.. this stuff which has been written is really happening with me.
and i reread the solar enhancement lesson and found out about the radiating nature of the solar center which was my experience last Saturday..

fingers crossed hoping that these signs are the beginning of an ongoing state of spiritual fulfillment instead of always going up and down... and having to suffer afterward because of the big highs...

L&L
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  4:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

fingers crossed hoping that these signs are the beginning of an ongoing state of spiritual fulfillment instead of always going up and down... and having to suffer afterward because of the big highs...

There is a section on the http://www.biologyofkundalini.com site that talks about the Cycles of Awakening....one of the aspects this site talks about is the highs and lows cycle that comes with a kundalini awakening and the human spiritual transformation many of us here at AYP are going through. I have quoted this paragraph for many people before as it has helped me and it seems to set the mind at ease for many others as well. Perhaps you have already read this, but either way, maybe this will be of help to you or others going through the "highs and lows" cycle.

"As kundalini moves through the miasmas (repressed, damaged, latent) areas in the brain, we might feel the emotions connected with each developmental arrest. The miasmas were created in stress and in stress they are transmuted. For every up there is a down, so it is understandable that depression might result after the over-stimulation of the brain's pleasure centers and increase in endorphins, during the bliss of kundalini. For the endorphin system is the emotional anesthetization process which tries to soften the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. The bliss and grace of metamorphic chemistry allow us to “touch” what we have repressed.

Depression could also result as we lose our left-brain adaptive functioning during the first few years of the major cycle. If we are not conscious of the process this loss of left-brain prefrontal lobe function could lead to paranoia, frustration, self-pity and other negative emotions. There tends to be a psychological let down when the tide turns down into the valley as the influx of spirit abates, and consciousness plunges deeply into matter. This feels like a loss of Grace after the heady heights of the influx, but the valleys are just as important as the mountain tops in the transformational process. The die-off's in particular should be regarded with awe and gratitude as very good news. They don't last long and we do not transform without them. The old must die for the new to be reborn. So the highs and lows of the kundalini cycle should be celebrated equally and given equal importance in attempting mastery and adaptation."

Taken from here: http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...y=Depression

Hope this helps.

Love!

Edited by - CarsonZi on Mar 15 2010 5:00:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  6:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carsonzi, really appreciate the input.
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  3:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, good website, thanks -
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  2:45:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Im trying this tool since yesterday evening and it feels so good.
I feel more grounded and less energy in upper areas.
This enhacement is coming in a period of slow deep opening opening and amazing purification in lower areas and heart.

Edited by - miguel on Mar 27 2010 2:51:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  3:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great info Carson, thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000