Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Feedback on an experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Metta

Sweden
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  12:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Metta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Heya!

This day something strange happened and I wonder if any of you has some input for me?

I was coaching and was guiding the client in an visualisation excersise. I felt quite present and alive. While I guided the client I started noticing I got a bit dizzy and that it felt almost like an energy wanted to go out trough my head. Similar things has happened before, this was stronger. I rested in to it and it got stronger.

After a while it was like I expanded out trough my head so that my awarness felt very big and my body very small. It was still an "I" sense but much less so. I could still feel the body breathing and sitting but it was like it did not matter so much.

My focus was in the sensation of my awarness being in the room and I rested in that. It was almost liked I filled the room with my awarness and my body being very small.

I am not sure I can explain it better....feel free to ask questions if something is uncleatr. I would really like some input on this one if someone feels like it.

Thanks in advance.

Love

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  7:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good things are happening as Yogani would say! Keep on going.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  10:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Metta

Heya!

This day something strange happened and I wonder if any of you has some input for me?

I was coaching and was guiding the client in an visualisation excersise. I felt quite present and alive. While I guided the client I started noticing I got a bit dizzy and that it felt almost like an energy wanted to go out trough my head. Similar things has happened before, this was stronger. I rested in to it and it got stronger.

After a while it was like I expanded out trough my head so that my awarness felt very big and my body very small. It was still an "I" sense but much less so. I could still feel the body breathing and sitting but it was like it did not matter so much.

My focus was in the sensation of my awarness being in the room and I rested in that. It was almost liked I filled the room with my awarness and my body being very small.

I am not sure I can explain it better....feel free to ask questions if something is uncleatr. I would really like some input on this one if someone feels like it.

Thanks in advance.

Love

Hi Metta,

Sounds like a crown opening. Initially, it can feel strange/disorienting ... though, as with all openings, it tends to kind of feel like the "volume is turned up" on the initial experiences, associated with the opening.

Basically, this is the precursor to the fundamental shift in awareness that occurs with realization ... which is, simply:

Our true nature is the space (our full field of awareness), and not the form (thought forms, body forms, whatever forms).

It's also a precursor to subjectivity (sense of self), and objectivity (sense of "not me"/other) ... balancing out and unifying.

One of the coolest things about this opening (I had a very similar one, somewhere between a year and a half and two years ago ... I don't recall the time-frame, exactly) is that the further opening becomes *so* much *easier*.

The analogy I use, is:

Prior to the (crown) opening (of awareness) into space (the space of my own field of awareness ... as opposed to looking "out" from the body-mind) ..... I felt like a (plant) seedling, instinctively struggling upward through the darkness and soil ... instinctively knowing there was something "above".

Opening out through crown, in a very similar manner to what you described, felt like breaking out into the sunlight (access to my own full field of awareness; nothing has really ever been outside, anyway .... I just *thought* it was outside! ).

What was more important/awesome, though ... is it not only continued to *feel* like breaking out into the sunlight (though certainly not in every moment; there was still some belief in thinking to settle down .... though much less of it) .... it continued to *be* like breaking out into the sunlight.

In the last couple of years, I have experienced what both revelation and grace mean, as operations of consciousness.

As Adyashanti has said, there's only one thing to "do" now:

Rest and be taken.

(And I don't mean that in any kind of a "don't practice" sense; practices still happen here, daily .... just much more fluidly, and with much less thought, than in the past.)

Simply Put: there's a very real power to the "door" to original consciousness being opened, and its light shining through into (the rest of) "you" (that you thought you were ).

Am I 100% certain that this is what happened to you?

No; there's no way I can be .... but it does sound very familiar.

Resting in awareness as much as possible should help.

A lot.

You might want to check out the Great Freedom teachings that emc posted about (in the thread called Great Freedom); it seems like they have some good pointers on getting in touch with original awareness, and helping original awareness to become the automatic experience (and, by the way, they're based in Sweden).

www.greatfreedom.org

I hope this helps.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Nov 02 2009 10:14:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Metta

Sweden
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  06:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Metta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Anthem11! :-)

Kirtanman: Thank you for your reply. It was beautiful. It sounds quite right for me. This phrase really landed in me:

Rest and be taken.

I almost started to cry when I read it. Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  1:41:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm almost hijacking this thread so apologies.

Ever since I was young, when engaged in an intense conversation I would find that the other person (usually my mother) would suddenly dwindle to a very small size, it was always a strange experience although I just thought everyone must have this sensation.

That feeling of myself also being very small and with sudden heightened awareness is exactly how it feels. Is that some sort of meditative process that happens automatically ???

This was a long time before meditation, although, around the same age I came across one of my mums Carlos Castenada books and decided to try having an out of body experience.........and I did and it frightened the life out of me. Wonder if the sensation and experience of the shrinking person are bound up ?

The CC book advocated imagining a bright ring of light on the top of your head, concentrating on it and heading towards the light. Maybe this was an early forced crown opening ??
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  10:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Metta

Thank you Anthem11! :-)

Kirtanman: Thank you for your reply. It was beautiful. It sounds quite right for me. This phrase really landed in me:

Rest and be taken.

I almost started to cry when I read it. Thank you!

Hey .... ... you're welcome, Metta!

Good stuff!

Quick Note to All:

Sometimes, when we read of experiences such as I described, especially in conjunction with someone else having just experienced something similar ... there's a tendency to compare, and to feel "not there yet", if our own experiences are different, or if we feel a certain thing "hasn't happened yet".

And so, "just FYI", if anyone is feeling that way:

There are a *ton* of allegedly "have to" experiences that I've never experienced, related to chakras and sounds and energies and whatnot ... the one discussed in this thread was just a "happened to have" that happened to sync up with an experience of Metta's.

Point Being: it's ultimately never about anyone else's experience ... in a book ... on a forum ... anywhere.

One thing I really appreciate about AYP is its awesome guidance in terms of "general trends" .... and so, these comments are just a friendly reminder that as long as you're "generally trending" toward greater inner silence and awareness ... the exact experiences of your "specific trending" are just fine.

As Adyashanti also helpfully points out:

"Enlightenment is not an experience; enlightenment is knowing who you are."

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000