Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Shut Up And Meditate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  9:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  07:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...Yes...
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  07:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But what kind of meditation should I use? Where would I do it? How should I sit? How long should I meditate? How do you pronounce the unspoken words? How long before magical things happen? Hahaha!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  07:58:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

But what kind of meditation should I use? Where would I do it? How should I sit? How long should I meditate? How do you pronounce the unspoken words? How long before magical things happen? Hahaha!

Maybe this topic will help?
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6098
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  11:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Trance meditation (like for OBE) is the best meditation.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  5:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am i am i am i am i am i am iam iam iam iam iamiamiamiamiamiamiamiamiamiamiam

Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  6:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  7:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why is there four dots now when there was three before? Should I sit in lotus? Is right foot over left better? What if I start meditating then lose the mantra then get it back again but I feel bad because I lost it before then I lose it because I am thinking about feeling bad about losing it?

OK I get it, I will meditate as soon as I have more time.
And when I get a special meditation CD.
And a special meditation cushion. I hear buckwheat cushions are better.
How can I reach the 35th level? I hear only a few people have reached that, but magical things can happen even at the 34th level.
Should I pay $10,000 for "daily karma removal?".
But nobody is really enlightened, right? I mean you don't hear about it in the news. . . .
If everything is an illusion, then isn't that statement an illusion also?
So would that mean that everything is NOT an illusion?
I'm confused
Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  8:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
. ..
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  12:08:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Maybe this topic will help?
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6098

Haha. It does. I love your humor, Shanti
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  9:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't care!
Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  10:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  10:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
‹(•¿•)›

‹(•¿-)›

‹(-¿-)›

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  11:32:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stop posting dots and meditate!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  11:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How did you know we were posting dots?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  12:16:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stop reading ayp forums and meditate!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  12:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How do you know anyone is reading ayp forums?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  01:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just talking to myself!
Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  10:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't worry Scott, the contradiction is only apparent. When we begin to approach the non-dual path of No More Learning, there is no longer much distinction between meditation and post meditation, and dots self-liberate in the Dharmakya - only dots though, not words and thoughts. Later, when we are truly on the Path Of No More Learning, and chum around with lots of Lamas, words and thoughts do this as well, and one is authorized to say whatever one likes to whomever, with out regard for consistency, or consequences. That is True Liberation. We are not quite there yet so we practice with dots...... dfb..... . . .. . .
Go to Top of Page

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  10:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti and Etherfish's posts cracked me up!

OK I get it, I will meditate as soon as I have more time.

It took me a minute to realize the genius in that Also, this "buckwheat cushion". Where can I get one? How much extra do I have to pay for karma removal?

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  12:30:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Lacinato, I was hoping someone would laugh!
I was making fun of real things people do. (Which includes me!)
See "buckwheat zafu" on ebay. Actually it is very good to sit cross legged and have your knees lower than your butt so you can sit for long periods with no back support. However, not necessary in my opinion. But I have one!
Karma removal you can buy here:

http://vaaaksounds.stores.yahoo.net/fcowov.html

for $916 a month.

Again, no judgement on this, but I believe each person needs to work on their own karma.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  12:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Karma removal you can buy here:

http://vaaaksounds.stores.yahoo.net/fcowov.html

for $916 a month.

Wow. I thought you were kidding, Ether...

To each their own, but why pay $916 a month for milk when you have the cow at home?
Go to Top of Page

KriyabanSeeking

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  1:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A great sage used to say, "In the time it takes to discuss this or that, how much meditation could you have done instead?"

Nonetheless, it IS important to study and discuss and learn. I believe what the sage was counseling was useless discussion.

So, I often introspect on each experience and see what is 'fruitful' and what is 'useless'. This has helped me over the years to avoid wasting time.

Blessings!
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  3:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha, thats a good example for a wise hint without guidance. The results came instantly :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000