AYPsite.org Forum
 Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 Bhakti disappeared... ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  11:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
From having had an intense bhakti, it's now almost down to zero. What is this? Can't be overload. I'm having no symptoms of overload, is very grounded at the moment and quite stable. Everything is pretty much the same, just no divine longing inside?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  11:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Look within.. can it be your mind is confused because your bhakti is actually chasing you now.. and not the other way?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  12:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
this stuff happens to everyone emc, i overload and suffer bcz of bhakti from time to time and at others it's like i simply don't care.

i heard Yogani speak about this phase as well, it's an on and off thing don't worry.

love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

glagbo

USA
53 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  4:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit glagbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

...just no divine longing inside?

There is longing in longing for the longing.
There is bhakti in longing/bhakti for the bhakti.

Does a baby feels longing for Mother when seated on her lap?
Not to worry, EMC, Divine Mother will have you a bit off her lap,
soon enough; then the longing will return full force.

Just the Divine playing with us.

Glagbo.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  4:40:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dono what's happening today, but it's the 2nd post of yours, emc, that resonates in me that much...
this is exactly how it feels now... and I just decided to let it be as it is... not putting any word/label on any state I'm going through... just see it coming and going, enjoying both the sweet and the bitter and laugh about it all...
Only laugh is the cure (for me at least :) and right now, I have many reasons not to laugh, but, to my big surprise, I'm just laughing alone like a fool
And I'm drawing drawing drawing.... like a child and make people laugh around...

...Laugh...and Love...
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  5:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, thank you for all your posts and feed-back!

Might be the other way around, Shanti. I'll have a look!

Ananda, oh? I have never seen any about that on/off thing. Good to hear. I've never been off it since the start, but the last couple of months it has decreased severely... Now I blink my eyes and wonder what the heck I'm doing on this journey. It absolutley doesn't matter if this particular being realizes in this lifetime or not! I'd just fill another type of role in the play of consciousness... as Glagbo points out. It's evolution anyway.

Christiane, yes - we seem to resonate these days! Nice!

About laughing... this video is absolutely wonderful! (When you look at it - know it's a sketch - yes, all of it, they are all actors, no harm done - it's from another TV-show called In de Gloria.) For me, it's a wonderful symbolism in how ridiculous we are when we take our victimhood seriously, and feel offended and humiliated. (A current theme here, as you may have noticed in other posts.) On realizing the victimrole, it brings this unstoppable buddha laughter... I do feel a bit victimized having lost my bhakti, so laughing about this state is probably the only right thing to do! THANK YOU!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXf3wx5nPXU
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  12:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank YOU! laughing is a state of no-mind.. and it's of a great help to take a distance and observe whatever is taking place from a detached point of view... Plus, it's fun! Blessed are those who laugh for nothing...who seem to be born with a smile on their face..
Just by looking at new born babies, laughing, rivering with laughter, it's a therapy by itself and suddenly we realize that our physical age is such a funny joke! It's our creation... or identification..
It's all a divine play..
All this yoga business, bhakti, energy, kundalini...
it's all a game.. we just forget about that most of the time and we become serious.(and I am the first one to get trapped in this!)
Just take off all your clothes and jump like mad...
Whenever you can be with small kids, just take off your clothes and jump and shout like the child you are...

Edited by - christiane on Jul 22 2009 03:28:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  08:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Laughter is medicine for the soul. I remember as a child i would get upset at something and my parents would just tease me and make me laugh after and during tears. It is quite a funky emotional kind of ride.

Was Buddha supposed to laugh a lot? I once had a vision of Buddhist monks sitting in a circle laughing and i could feel their humour. Unfortunately i think they were laughing AT me. Oh well... Freeze frame of asian face slightly above and to the right having a jolly good laugh at my expense.

I call my non-bhakti days my dip into the pits of atheism. It burns my ass and i shoot up like a rocket back into hippy dippy land in the clouds with God and his best friend and son, Jesus. I just wish that darned holy ghost would turn up with a roast lamb dinner and glass of wine 'cause sometimes it gets hungry in the clouds.
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  2:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

Much Love to you dear sister.

Love and Light,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  2:01:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Steve! Much appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  04:06:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gumpi-
I will have to send you a delicious bottle of a crisp Riesling-
that should pare well with your lamb chops! don't forget to add a healthy serving of black-eyed peas.

any dessert thoughts
to go with that?

ever tried Ben and Jerry's wavvy gravvy ice cream?

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  12:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello again emc, looking back at this post and being in my ongoing states of "this isn't it..." plus the not so nice last week i've been through where i kind've was fed up with this progressive path and wanted either to breakthrough or leave it all the hell behind (either way smthg had to give)

anyways i got some good straight talk from Yogani before i went up to the mountains and after a 2 days and a half extensive retreat up in the mountains with some serious self inquiry and getting more in touch with what's within...

the reply from within was simple "perseverance no matter what."

namaste(f)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  3:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Main Entry: perseverance
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: diligence, hard work

Synonyms:
backbone*, constancy, continuance, cool, dedication, determination, doggedness, drive, endurance, grit, guts*, immovability, indefatigability, moxie*, persistence, pertinacity, pluck, prolonging, purposefulness, pursuance, resolution, sedulity, spunk, stamina, steadfastness, stick-to-itiveness, tenacity
Antonyms:
apathy, idleness, indolence, laziness, lethargy
* = informal/non-formal usage

/Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition
Copyright © 2009 by the Philip Lief Group.

Concept: Perseverance.
Category: 1. Acts of volition
Synonyms:

-nouns
perseverance; continuance (inaction); permanence (absence of change); firmness (stability)., constancy, steadiness; singleness of purpose, tenacity of purpose; persistence, plodding, patience; sedulity (industry); pertinacy, pertinacity, pertinaciousness; iteration, bottom, game, pluck, stamina, backbone, grit; indefatigability, indefatigableness; bulldog courage.
-verbs
persevere, persist; hold on, hold out; die in the last ditch, be in at the death; stick to, cling to, adhere to; stick to one's text, keep on; keep to one's course, keep to one's ground, maintain one's course, maintain one's ground; go all lengths, go through fire and water; bear up, keep up, hold up; plod; stick to work (work); continue; follow up; die in harness, die at one's post.
-adjectives
persevering, constant; steady, steadfast; undeviating, unwavering, unfaltering, unswerving, unflinching, unsleeping, unflagging, undrooping; steady as time; unintermitting, unremitting; plodding; industrious; strenuous; pertinacious; persisting, persistent., solid, sturdy, staunch, stanch, true to oneself; unchangeable; unconquerable (strong); indomitable, game to the last, indefatigable, untiring, unwearied, never tiring.
-adverbs
through evil report and good report, through thick and thin, through fire and water; per fas et nefas; without fail, sink or swim, at any price, vogue la galere.
-phrases
never say die; vestigia nulla retrorsum; aut vincer aut mori; la garde meurt et ne se rend pas; tout vient a temps pour qui sait attendre.

Yes! Bulldogs courage, through fire and water, until death! *holding up the sword* It reminds me of something I wrote on FB a while ago during one of those raging love attacks:

quote:
I love thee... Like a crusader, I'm willing to die for your Love. How do you cope with the fire of Love when it burns through the layers of lies? How do you cope? I'm lifting the arms to heaven - like a child asking the Father to lift it up... Crying... or is it laughing? First the pain and the struggle is unbearable, ...then the Love tears me apart... How do you cope?

Thanks, ananda! I'm so happy to hear there are more people having private hell going on!

I wish you a happy permanent enlightenment whenever it's time for you to shift!

Love emc
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  4:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wishing you and every being the same, and thank you for the Adya vids on FB

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000