AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Are insights a necessary ingredient on the journey
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  1:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My journey is filled with deeper and deeper insights of how the individualized mind and karmic patterns works - the psychospirituality of it all as I sometimes call it... I gain those insights through releasing blockage after blockage in the system, getting more aware of what those blockages are all about. It's a sense of a growing wisdom which always brings a greater humility and compassion for others.

It is sometimes said, that we can release blockages and go through the following emotions etc without having to know what it's all about. I believe that is true to some extent... but is there anyone travelling through this purification process that does NOT get deeper insights of why events in their lives have taken place, what meaning they have had, and have sensed a greater and greater clarity??? Clearing up relationships, knots in the family, with partners etc etc... Is there anyone just not going through such things, but just diving deep into stillness and peace without that type of wisdom progress?

For me, there has lately been an increase of not just understanding why events in this life has happened, but also events in former lives... I have two past life stories going on where piece after piece of the puzzle is put into place, and I see the background of the relationships I currently struggle with. Old karmic patterns or even chains of patterns are being shown to me, and released, one by one... And they are all tied together somehow in the great karmic wheel... Like Buddha is supposed to have said: "All significant people you interact with in this life are those you have travelled with previously, for many lifetimes."

Is that the way for all or are there very different paths also in this respect?

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  2:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting... thank you emc.
I'm more and more experiencing the same realizations and inquiries.
Intuitively, I'm 99,9% sure that the "significant people" in our lives, and more particularily those close to us spiritually, were our previous fellow travellers.

IMO, clearing up relationships etc. goes hand in hand with deeper insights and spiritual unfolding.
Everybody is encountering a purification process, at different paces.. it's just that those 'engaged spiritually' are dissolving their karmic bondages faster.(which may explain the higher "highs" and lower "lows" )

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  3:39:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Old karmic patterns or even chains of patterns are being shown to me, and released, one by one...

The same goes for me.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  4:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Is that the way for all or are there very different paths also in this respect?

Hi emc & All,

In my experiencing, and the experiencing of anyone I know well enough to know a bit about, with regard to spiritual insight-unfolding ... it's very much this way (insights continue to unfold).

My sense of it (any confusion about the unfolding on insights on one's "path"), is that limited "thinking mind" doesn't understand what certain teachings -- which say that there's "nothing to know", actually mean.

I didn't, for quite some time ... yet, was drawn to certain books and teachings, while also noticing that life experiencing was absolutely my greatest teacher, overall .. and that the unfolding continues to be unfolding!

And so, while this was a bit confusing for a while ... I just "kept on keeping on" ... and did my best to find a balance point between getting caught up in information and thinking .... and trying to ignore it ... when there was a very clear inner-draw *to* it (as well as, per this topic), to pay attention to the unfolding of greater awareness and insights, vis a vis life experiencing.

The Shiva Sutras actually teach that Knowledge is Bondage ..... and how *right* they are.

Knowledge - information-as-object *is* bondage ... literally ... language-based conceptual conditioning *is* the veil of Maya.

Jesus didn't say "know about the truth" ... he said "*know* the truth - and the truth will set you free."

Ultimately, as awareness expands, there is less knowing *about* ... and more *knowing* as part of being .... and with intuition and insight becoming much more valuable than rationality or critical thinking ever could have been.

(And so, we agree; I'm just sharing some of the detail behind my agreement.)

One of the highest levels of consciousness, as taught in Advaita Shaiva is Pratibha ... Sanskrit for Intuitive Insight.

You can basically *feel* it ... the One experiencing expands from a limited, constricted bundle of misperception ... into an open awareness that intuitively "gets" facets of the human experience which were simply not possible from the vantage point of a very limited/constricted conceptual misperception (aka "me" ... any "me") .... and so, insight expands and in-lights, right along with it.

Subject->Perception->Object are a "package deal".

When Subject expands, so do Perception & Object (Jnana & Kriya - Knowing and Acting) ... until the distinctions between these three (subject, perception, object) become less distinctive ... and more unitive.

For me, it's kind of a snowball effect, as far as pace and level of insights ... but as Adyashanti recommends "Don't stop and have a party; get on with it!" ... and so, I do ... and the insights, more or less ... just kind of integrate into the being-knowing-flowing-now.

Heart Is Where The AUM Is; AUM is Knowing Now,

Kirtanman

PS- As far as "past lives", I don't know anything about that, nor do I have any sense of past lives (other than the rapidly-fading dream memories and memory-based imaginations of the imaginary future, that I've remembered having conceived as part of "this life", in the past, now.)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  5:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your replies!

Christiane, yes, nice point about it going faster for those who purposfully transform. And also - it seems to increase speed as we go along the journey as well!

Kirtanman,
quote:
an open awareness that intuitively "gets" facets of the human experience

Yes! That's a great way of putting it! The "not knowing" is not an absense of the wisdom of human life! When we drop the dependancy on learned mind-knowledge, something else comes... Somehow we earn that wisdom on the road, but perhaps with emphazis on different areas depending on our dharma...!? *guessing* It's like... the knowing is both ways - both deeper into the Nothingness - which paradoxically is an expansion into the Unknown , AND about the projected cosmos and creation of Life and it's premises...

You say, you don't see any of your past lives. That is interesting. I recall Adyashanti got an instant vision of all his past lives when he realized... like a cavalcade been shown for him... I seem to get it a little at a time... Perhaps you will never see it, and it's not necessary? Who knows?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000