Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Now..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:59:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was caught up in my mind.
When others suffered, I suffered with them.
It hurt to see the pain others went through.

I realized my mind.
I watched in amusement.
I went into my "now" bubble
And said it is what it is.
I am living in the present.

This now is so perfect.
This now is so peaceful.
Nothing can touch me here in my bubble.
No pain exists here.
This now is where I want to be.

But through it all,
Yogani said,
"in order to get enlightenment,
you need to give it away."

The words of Nithyananda haunted me
"Enlightenment is not just living in the now,
It's living the past, the present and future, now"

Why do they say that?
Why not live here?
There is nothing wrong with this moment.
I am bliss right here right now.

I now am in the now.
It still is all what it is.
But there is more to this "now", than living in my bubble.
There is much doing to take care of.
Even if it is just an intent of "not suffering" for the other.
There is more living now.

I suffered with my eyes open.
I closed my eyes and enjoyed the "now".
I was in awareness and no pain exists.
It's time to open my eyes
And live in the "now".
No more hiding in awareness.

Everything is as it is.
Things will happen as they will.
But I am the instrument through which the divine flows.
And I have rested in my loving Ma's arms to heal,
Not once did she ask me to be any way I did not want to be,
But I have rested long enough...
"now" its time to carry out the will of my Mother.

So I pray to one and all,
And I pray to my Mother,
Give me your blessings.
So I can become the channel
Through which my Mother flows.

_/\_
(I am no poet... and have no intentions of becoming one... so no one has to cringe at the thought of seeing bad poetry here again.. but these are words from my heart..)

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not bad

(That was me being facetious, it's an Irish way of say brilliant
You're a poet and you don't know it, I hope you will write more)

Edited by - Sparkle on Jun 26 2009 11:33:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:33:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,thats the best thing a person can do.There is lot of suffering in the world.
One day you were helped also.

Do what others did for you.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow that's heavenly Shweta, thk u thk u thk u.

you have smthg very real going on there and it's the beginning of a beautiful outpouring which will keep on flowing stronger and stronger.

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

_/\_
(I am no poet... and have no intentions of becoming one... so no one has to cringe at the thought of seeing bad poetry here again.. but these are words from my heart..)

these words of yours are almost the exact words of someone whom i call my beloved who started with them and ended up writing the most beautiful poems ever from the divine flow.

his name is Kamal Joumblat and he was a direct student of Sri Atmananda Krishna Menon and has written many books on all different subjects.

i bow to the divine in you "namaste",

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love!!! Beautiful
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
_/\_

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  3:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shweta I just found your poem its awesome

Not a poet eh
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  4:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mother loves
both you and me
for she is us
and we are she
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  5:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

No more hiding in awareness.

Oh yes! This is the peak of awareness to me..
Thank you Shweta...

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  5:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you... all of you.

I guess that foot note was not required.. esp. since I did not write this.. like Ananda said.. the divine flow did.

I really appreciate all your kind words and blessings. All of you have been such a huge part of my journey. So once again. Thank you all.

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  6:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thank you... all of you.

I guess that foot note was not required.. esp. since I did not write this.. like Ananda said.. the divine flow did.

I really appreciate all your kind words and blessings. All of you have been such a huge part of my journey. So once again. Thank you all.

Hi Shanti & All,

Shanti - Thank You!

All - Thank You!

Beautiful post/poem Shanti; beautiful dialog, All!

The poem, the conversation ... both speak to a beautiful and important aspect of this "journey without distance" (as A Course In Miracles calls it) -- the union/connection & continuation of creation .....

.... that "enlightenment" isn't *really* enlightenment ... isn't fully realized as enlightenment .... unless it's enlightening.

Not in any way the "thought me" might conclude makes sense ... but as the continuous flowing of divine humanifestation ... eternally, now.

Early on, many of us perceive enlightenment as something that "I" get ... not knowing that for One, we're not who we think we are .... and for One as well .. ... that the only *real* getting happens in the connecting of the giving ... in the union of true living (aka *Now*)!

In the Kabbalah, the well-known name of God, YHVH symbolizes Father, Mother, Son, Daughter .... both females are the He' ... the Life ... the Mother as the channel, form, conduit ... the Daughter as the action extending from the Son; Life in partnership with enlightened humanity (the daughter is also known as "Nukvah" - the Bride) - the Son being the enlightened balanced union of Father (Awareness) and Mother (Form). <- This symbolism pre-dates Christianity by many centuries, if not millenia, FYI.

So ... the Daughter is indeed doing the will of her Mother!

... in no small part, by becoming Mother herself ... by being a key link in the ever-expanding realization of creation .... whether bodily ... consciously ... existentially ... spiritually .... or all of these.

Not just YHV ... but YHVH .... which creates the next Y ... which fertilizes H .... which is realized as V ... which acts as H ....

"Getting" this as yogis and yoginis .... we move from just saying "Wow!" <- @ the Reality of Reality we Realize in Yoga -- aaaand the pronunciation of that Hebrew "V" ... symbolizing the harmony/balance/union of awareness and form ..... to saying:

"Heyyyy ...."

(Stuff to do, people to inspire, enlightening to enjoy!!)

YHVH also symbolizes the Four Worlds .... Emanation, Creation, Formation and Action.

Many spiritual paths, yogic and otherwise, have this same symbolism ... for instance ... in 12 Step programs (to treat addictions of all varieties) the final step is to "carry the message (to those who are still suffering)".

Enlightenment, like Loving .... is only "Really Real" as it's given.

Thank you again, Shanti ... for sharing this beautiful poem, reminding and inspiring all of us, about this ... and for acting on it .... even when "per your disclaimer" ... your own evaluation of your poetic talent is quite a bit different than everyone else's!

(And it's a good poem! I enjoy poetry ... and found this both well-written, and very inspiring!)

And Thank You again, All -- for acting on the inspiration and actively conversing!

Full Disclosure Time: That's what brought me back to the forum ..... the awareness that action, connection .... motivated by sincere impulse of Heart ... is an inherent and beautiful part of the deal!!

And Shanti, I of course add my intentions/blessings with those of all -- as your poem so beautifully requests -- in all that you may do, in continuing manifesting divine will(ing), in the lives of all those you're blessing.

_/\_

Intending The Beauty and Joy of Enlightening for All,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 26 2009 6:47:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  7:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Heart-inspired and insightful poem
-that touched my heart,as always.

You are always selflessly sharing and giving to others.
You've always got a listening ear and are a devoted angel that shines up my path constantly.

You are modest & wise .
Your cup is always full and overflowing.
Your sweet nectar is divine compassion and universal love.

You are just very generous kind and understanding.
I am showered by your presence.

You light up this path & many others here.
You are constantly giving and supporting.
And I give heart-felt thanks and praise to you for that.
Not least because i think you are very praiseworthy,deserving and selflessly give all of yourself all the time.

Much Love

Akasha

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 26 2009 7:33:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  10:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for all the kind words and blessings. _/\_
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  3:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shweta, so true...

I have a little unfounded theory that goes something along the lines of first we realize ourselves in the most conducive environment, then at some point thereafter it becomes about bringing that light with us into all environments (including the less heavenly ones). There's joy in looking for those mini corners of "darkness" where the light of awareness can shine and dispel the demons.

Hence the never ending journey of enlightenment until all the "corners" within awareness shine with light.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  3:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Shanti

Thank you for flowing, for sharing, for caring and showering the world with Mothers enlightened words.

Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  06:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful poem!
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  1:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is wonderful. Prior to your meditation ask for the blessings of the all the enlightened beings of the three times in all the universes. Ask to become enlightened for the sake of guiding all the beings in all the universes of the three times who suffer clinging to false hopes of "I" and "self." Picture your inner guru as the embodiment of all the enlightened beings of the three times in the form of the deity in the color of water with the constitution like a rainbow. As you meditate, merge with the guru. When you complete meditation, dedicate all the merits to all the sentient beings of the three times in all the universes. Share the blessings with all. Simply adding this to your practice will lend a smooth taste of bliss to your post meditation, and remind you that the guru is everywhere and everyone in your field of experience, thoughts and mind.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  4:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000