New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  04:02:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jagannath will take you through the crown when the time comes, and no self-pacing will stop the process. Focus on surrender, love, devotion and bhakti. "Back off" if you wish - but when the time comes, no force in the universe will stop Jagannath!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  09:16:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Thanks Shanti, Cosmic,

Today I am really pacing. 10 minutes DM this am and 10 this afternoon. Nothing else. Yesterday was my AYP Group and it was pretty intense, not just for myself, and there is definitely a need to slow down right now. No more adding practices. My kundalini classes end next Tuesday and I am taking the summer off for sure. I am going to do some extreme grounding this weekend, gardening, running/walking, golfing (finally!!! YEAH), and then Mothers Day. For which I will need all the inner silence I can get. No need for overloading emotions there, as there will likely be high tension already, haha. I love life's "tests". Anyways, thanks for the suggestion, I think I know what I have to do to survive now. Whoa Horsey! Pull 'er back a bit and pace myself....there's still a long journey ahead!

Love,
Carson

quote:
Originally posted by Suryakant

Jagannath will take you through the crown when the time comes, and no self-pacing will stop the process. Focus on surrender, love, devotion and bhakti. "Back off" if you wish - but when the time comes, no force in the universe will stop Jagannath!

You are right Suryakant. When it is time for the crown to flower it will happen automatically... no amount of self pacing will stop that. But the difference that I have experienced.. when it's time for the crown to open.. it flowers.. it's beautiful.. it's very pleasant.. not uncomfortable at all. If that is not the case, if you are feeling discomfort and pressure and pain in the crown area, it's better to back off and leave the crown alone.. let it happen.. don't force it. When the spinal nerve has been purified enough.. Jaggannath with have a clear pathway through the crown.. so it wont have to fight its way out.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  12:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jaggannath?? Someone named my inner guru and didn't even tell me?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  01:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Jaggannath?? Someone named my inner guru and didn't even tell me?

I thought it was Mini-Zi...
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  07:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

The golden rule that I have always followed comes from the main lessons somewhere. Yogani said that if you are experiencing symptoms which are uncomfortable or painful during meditation or during daily activity, then it is time to cut back on practices. I guess fear about what may happen could count as an uncomfortable symptom... so, it's your call.

It sounds to me like your crown is already opening beautifully. This happens in AYP automatically just by doing the main practices.

Best of luck

Christi
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  12:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Christi....

Yeah, I was/am a little nervous, not really fearful persay, but definitely nervous. I have only been doing AYP for a little over 11 months now, and a LOT has happened in this short time. I have dropped several drug addictions I thought I would have for life, I have let go of the majority of my beliefs and ideas about what life should be like, I have found inner silence, I have lost my instinctual reaction to everything (anger), I have experienced God's Love/Grace, I have become deeply in love with my wife. There is so much that has changed, and I can feel I am on the cusp of a change that will make all the others look like trivial nothings, (they are, but they don't always feel like that, the ego still thrives here) and I know now that I need to pace myself. Not just "self-pace" in AYP terms, but I need to pace myself in general. I have a tendency to go hog-wild, go for the gusto, with everything. I don't do anything half-assed. But I feel that the ferver I am putting into my practices needs to be dialed down a bit. I am not doing all the practices at this time, my main practice set is only 30 mins asanas, 10 mins SBP and 20 mins of DM, so I am not doing samyama, bastrika (unless it is automatic), chin pumps, nothing. But even my regular rountine is a bit much right now. There needs to be balance in life and I don't think I have acheived that yet. I spend more time daily doing Yoga, Inquiry, etc, then I do anything else. More then I work even. So I think I am going to continue to pace for a while, SBP and DM only, and spend a lot more time outside in the sun, walking, golfing, playing with the dogs, gardening, spending time with my wife, and in general, having more FUN, and being a little less serious about everything. I have a tendency to hyper-focus on my goals and forget everything else. Even the important stuff. So I am going to back off a bit, let the chips fall where they may, and try to have a little more fun with this journey. I feel this is going to give me the proper boost to open the crown smoothly and without too many symptoms. Pushing full steam ahead here is a bad idea I think. I appreciate your, and everyones, advice. It all helped to push me to figure out what I need to do. And I know now. Thanks everyone.

Love,
Carson

P.S. Great Group Meditation today!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  1:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

Sounds like a great idea.

Enjoy the sunshine.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  10:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I came to yoga jan,06.

And like you,i came off opiods, by the sounds of your posting.A methadone script i had just tapered off, * a good 10 years of opiod addiction, hunting heroin,scoring and then coming home to fix and shoot up,(& shoplifting spirits mainly, & some books etc). I had the good fortune to discover yoga after tapering off a methadone script but the regular pratice of asnana kept the cravings at bay and soon settled into regular practice.,cravings quickly dissapeared altogether ,once i realized how great i was feeling and the power of yoga and my bhakti dawned on me.

11 months later, i had major shift after attending one yoga class , and using uddiyana bandha and ujjayi throughout the duration of practice. when i returned to my usual practice my nervous system had'nt quite adjusted completely and was left disoriented. And that was even after waiting 4 days. More grounding- engaging in normal activity ,in hindsight, that lovely luxury, may have prevented it. i.e Self-pacing per AYP

You sound like me- you want it all,now at once.You've seen the miraculous changes already for yourself.Hopefully i've wisened up---i think I have , and it was a powerful lesson maybe I was meant to learn!!!!! and my yoga is surely much wiser because of it.

.And you don't like half-measures once you get your teeth into something or gett focused on a project. One needs balance.

I'm just now recoveriing from this premature awakening ( mini or not)- whatever grade you want to classify it. And this is, what nov 25th, 06 - see i even logged the date---- that is 2.5 years ago.And it is a very powerful lesson. I daresay i did'nt have tthe toolbox available here.

I've had a real hard time understanding where and how i went wrong, accepting why.Certainly the principle of pacing looked pertinent, based on what i'v read now in ayp./.To be honest i lacked the broader undertanding (of yoga)of how every action is accountable,every thought etc. I saw the radical transformation evident, felt literally invincible and fell on my face.I think i just still had too much ego.And my mind was'nt pure enough.I had a few misguided motives or desires you might say.

I'v just discovered AYP and am impressed by the breadth, efficacy and comprehensive nature of the sytem.i've been doing DM for a month and it is helping in my recovery. If only i had this tool when i started or at least was familar with the principle of selfpacing. Becuase i was in a bad way. I literally coughed chronically for a whole month ( i speculated there was maybe an asbestos problem in my loft) and had major contraction on one side of the body(kundalini imbalances??-okay there may be more than neurobiology invovled- dominant pingala?? perhaps, sound familiar??)The contractioons were there before i started yoga but just returned in a worse state. I had basically disoriented my ns by a premature opening my ns had'nt fully assimilated or digested.

I don't know where you're at , and consider myself a relative novice at this, i.e yoga in the broader sense. And you've been following a very powerful Ccomprehensive and wise sytem in the form of AYP which has a lot of safety notices pinned through-out it, which is great..

maybe you've got the fast car,and the nice race-track but you're just curious tooosee what it'll do.

no harm waiting a few months...better to be safe than sorry. grateful for what you've got.

yoga is a life-long thing love affair..it's not something to rush.

this by the way is dawning on me after 3-4 years.

i am immensely grateful to the open source availbality and accountablity of ayp teachings. And fo course yogani. ,of true guru-staure( evidenced by his compassion to make it available)and i now feel my tool box is shall i say full, for the moment. as i have done DM for 3 weeks and believe i may have something special.

i don't mean to put a dent in your bhakti.

for now i'm just gonna continue with a gentle dm practice of my won and see where that leads.

I may be out of my depth and dribbling rubbish. If this is the case you can obviously disregard my suggestion.

Scientifically speaking the crown. Is i'm guessing the brain so make changes here, they better be proper and correct. You would'nt wish to send that sensory-motor cortex into meltdown or the enrgetic body overcharged.

Waiting a couple of months might be prudent. You have to be grateful for what you've got. If one sense oone may be rushing or getting premature openiing we or our ns's can't handle, then simply back off.

You could re-visit self-pacing.
I've responded to your post but i've also gave you some background of my won yoga journey. And it's certainly not been plain sailing all the way. Far from it. But i've leant some powerful lessons that have probably made my practice alot wiser, in the long-term. You say alot has changed since 11 months ago. In my case it was too much too soon. The transfromation occured when i began using both uddiyana and ujjayi during asana,(yet the changes had'nt quite been fully assimiliated or digested by the ns when i returned to my asana p some 4 days later,So it reacted).and So the prana was getting channeled very efficiently but i had little respect for the tools.Only that they could do no harm, they way i saw it, only good. be patient, and all will come.

I don't even pretend to understand the full dynamics of crown-opening and maybe dribbling rubbish but i would just be careful. Though i think i've got a rough idea. It's about sending energy to the crown in a most gentle,smooth and delicate way possible ,when ripe.

Edited by - Akasha on May 10 2009 11:21:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  11:31:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Akasha and thank you for your post!

Wow, awesome.....Now there are TWO ex-methadone/opiate addicts here! We are starting to gather a crowd! In case you have not read about my journey getting off of methadone, I will give you a short summary. I was addicted to IV heroin and methamphetamine for several years, using them to keep me pumped up as I was a touring musician at the time. In the beginning of 2005 I quit methamphetamine cold turkey and got on the methadone program for my heroin withdrawals. I tried at least 10 times over the next 3 1/2 years to get off of methadone and I never made it more then 2 days before I would break out of rehab to go score. The pain of withdrawing was too much for me to handle. Anyways, in June of 2008 I found AYP when doing a Google search for "Kriya Ibogaine" as I had been doing the SRF Kriya Yoga lessons for a bit and was looking for a place to do an Ibogaine treatment to get off of methadone. After reading the forums for a bit and reading of others who had switched from Kriya Yoga to AYP, and decided to give AYP a try since Kriya Yoga seemed to be missing something for me. I did DM for four weeks before I added SBP. After 1 week of doing SBP I noticed that I was getting WASTED every day from my methadone dose. So badly that I was falling asleep at the wheel of my car and stuff. I decided to try taking my dose every other day instead of every day. This helped and I felt no withdrawals. After two weeks of dosing every second day I decided to try and drop some mg's off. I tried dropping my dose from 90mgs every two days to 60mgs every 2 days.....and I STILL felt no withdrawals. As you probably know, this is pretty unheard of. I spent two more weeks at 60mgs twice daily before I dropped to 30mgs twice daily. Still no withdrawals. At 20mgs I went back to daily dosing, and by 10 weeks since starting SBP I was totally clean with only minimal withdrawals (a little diarhea and difficulty sleeping for a week, nothing major at all). I haven't touched an opiate since Octobver 13th 2008. AND on January 10th 2009 I dropped my marijuana addiction which I had had since I was 12 years old. I have smoked a quartere ounce of bud every day since I was about 12 years old. I actually found this addiction harder to drop the methadone believe it or not. But I am totally clean today, and this is all because of the AYP system. I had completely given up trying to get off of opiates, believing that I would be on methadone for the rest of my life. God's grace is tremendous. Without it I would still be on the "downward spiral" road. Thank you God and thank you AYP!

Yes indeed we do sound a lot alike. I have a hard time with being patient and not wanting to go "balls out" all the time. I think that the style of music I enjoy really indicates the type of personality I have....I just bought the newest Norma Jean CD and am listening to it and it makes me want to run around like a maniac screaming about how excited I am to be alive! Haha. I have too much energy and like to go hard all the time. But as you say, yoga is a life-long affair, and going hard all day every day will only serve to burn myself or my nervous system out. Pacing is vital. I do know this. Thank you for your post...it is wonderful to have another ex-opiate addict here on the forum and practicing AYP. I wish you the best of luck my friend. Much Love!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  7:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi carson.

Sorry for the belated response.i only saw your response a couple of days ago.

quote:

Namaste Akasha and thank you for your post!

Wow, awesome.....Now there are TWO ex-methadone/opiate addicts here! We are starting to gather a crowd!

I knew i'd come across an ex-junkie, soooner or later.
But we are not those experiences, so i am constantly reminded.

quote:
In case you have not read about my journey getting off of methadone, I will give you a short summary. I was addicted to IV heroin and methamphetamine for several years, using them to keep me pumped up as I was a touring musician at the time.

yeah sounds pretty common amongst touring musuicians.folk with hedonistic lifestyles and surplus time on their hands.i understand, i see
quote:

In the beginning of 2005 I quit methamphetamine cold turkey and got on the methadone program for my heroin withdrawals. I tried at least 10 times over the next 3 1/2 years to get off of methadone and I never made it more then 2 days before I would break out of rehab to go score. The pain of withdrawing was too much for me to handle.

Well congraatulations, carson. I believe we are in a minority.asyou may have observed, many folk remain on opiods or either end up dead, at some point. when one starts counting folk on the hand, then it is very sobering and helpful. this is it, this is life. this is what yo get. v powerful stuff.

the challenge is always staying off it rather than the first 3 datys of withdrawal although ,sure they are bad enough.( and made if harder when one naturally doubts one's ability to stay off). that thought of withdrawal still brings a goosebump or two. it is no barrel of laughs. though i've been thinking , when one is in withdrawal and letting go ,not tensingup what one does is not altogether different from what one does in yoga, surrender. if one does'nt surrender, the struggle is much worse
quote:

Anyways, in June of 2008 I found AYP when doing a Google search for "Kriya Ibogaine" as I had been doing the SRF Kriya Yoga lessons for a bit and was looking for a place to do an Ibogaine treatment to get off of methadone.

Funny you mention that- i have/had a mate that is a documentary amatuer film-maker/archivist,projectionist who filmed hmself while taking Iboga, the african herb root, hallucinogen as a means to come off methadone. i've heard it can be quite poisonous although he had some londoner dude who there to administer a dose, and supervise his experience/trip. he wasa little emotional and scared though that is undertandable. i remember coming across a r.d.laing book recently that talked about how hallucinogens have been used to shed and break down ego. i daresay it might help some folk , though not everyone. and they have been used since time immemorial like in the jungle for rites of passage,initiation, mystical experiences etc. that is another subject although Iboga, an african herb root, is a quite a heavy hallucinagoen from what i gather.i was actually in a movie by this guy called 'little crimbos'- he had me shooting in my groin in the end of it, illustrating this is how far you can go.... this is after a few years on that "path",cos that's what it is for the folk on it. they cannot see any way out for most of them. there's smack aka heroin..until it runs out and they need their next dose,fix.
quote:
After reading the forums for a bit and reading of others who had switched from Kriya Yoga to AYP, and decided to give AYP a try since Kriya Yoga seemed to be missing something for me.

You made me give anada.org a wee peek. i think it had a short video of kriyananda in a short intro to meditation, i think it was, talking aspects about the spiritual path. yogani is so well explained,re-assuringly so and resonates rather well withmy own experiences and background so far. i'm sure he is grwon used to being complmemted but he sounds like a very genuine individual. you kind of sense you've come home when yuou've find this place. and much anxiety begins to fade. not that i don;t have alot of work to do. ii studied something called hanan somatics for about a year that premises istefl on the primacy of the nervous sytem so heariing yogain talk about it in terms of a bridge is like music to my ears( and i certaionly knew hanna somatics only oofered one a way to change the sensory-motir programs in the cortex, not reconfigure the sytstem and all the layers of the various bodies of man, from outer-most to inner-most. as i say it is a rounded,balanced, mature and complete picture of yoga. this is what i was lacking. and i am humbly in gratirtude, as yoga is a long path. it is not anover-night sensation. one will unwitingly create obstacles by viewing it that way. when i was cautioning you i was suggesting when i started out on this journey. i was hungry and eager for progress, as it seemed like magice, the changes occured over a coupople of hours but they wer'nt integrating rpoerply becuase 1) i knew nothing of self-pacing
2) purification and opening of the nervous system had occured over a few months,weeks and a few hours,
when all changes should be,in an ideal world of course, efected as part of an ongoing smooth, gradual and progressive process. the well-timed raising of kundalini, that neurobiological force inherent in man, iis a natural culmination and result of observing a number of s adhana if done in incremetal steps in a leisurely sequence. when one is usfficently prepared.

yogani's program heeds that sufficient time be given to allow one to feel one has agined sufficient mastery to the intuit the finer details based on one's won experiences.

quote:
I did DM for four weeks before I added SBP. After 1 week of doing SBP I noticed that I was getting WASTED every day from my methadone dose.

I used to get this living in a hostel and drinking super-horror-cans, extra strong cans of lager, while on daily dose of methodaone. it made one feel ecstatic, although i think it'd only lasted a couple of months. and made one a bit off one's head. not going anywhere really!!!! in yoga terms

quote:

So badly that I was falling asleep at the wheel of my car and stuff. I decided to try taking my dose every other day instead of every day. This helped and I felt no withdrawals. After two weeks of dosing every second day I decided to try and drop some mg's off. I tried dropping my dose from 90mgs every two days to 60mgs every 2 days.....and I STILL felt no withdrawals. As you probably know, this is pretty unheard of. I spent two more weeks at 60mgs twice daily before I dropped to 30mgs twice daily. Still no withdrawals. At 20mgs I went back to daily dosing, and by 10 weeks since starting SBP I was totally clean with only minimal withdrawals (a little diarhea and difficulty sleeping for a week, nothing major at all).

Sounds like Half-life- that is methodaone is about 3-4-5 days instead of the 24 hours for diamoprhine,aka heroin. You know it was called 'heroin' becuase the chemists in Bayers Pharmaceuticals, a german firm in the late 1800's, who invented it routinely took it because it made them feel heroic. it was also prescribed to babies in victorian times that or tincture of opium, i.e frequently laudanam ( alcohol and opium in a beverage form) It would calm baies down and stop them crying, as a sopirifc and depressant sedative. It was often prescribed as a cough suppressant when it first came out late 1800's,as it depresses the respiratory system thorugh it's action on the dopamine receptors in the brain. i
quote:
I haven't touched an opiate since Octobver 13th 2008. AND on January 10th 2009 I dropped my marijuana addiction which I had had since I was 12 years old. I have smoked a quartere ounce of bud every day since I was about 12 years old. I actually found this addiction harder to drop the methadone believe it or not. But I am totally clean today, and this is all because of the AYP system. I had completely given up trying to get off of opiates, believing that I would be on methadone for the rest of my life. God's grace is tremendous. Without it I would still be on the "downward spiral" road. Thank you God and thank you AYP!

Congratuations. You are definitely at stage 3kidding
quote:
Yes indeed we do sound a lot alike. I have a hard time with being patient and not wanting to go "balls out" all the time.

My caution would be to watch that urge ..otherwise you will be backpedalling for soome time hence. this is what i am indeed doing. it's like balncing 6 revolving plates-we think we have it under control.;... then oooops, bang..it is that easy, so easy. so just err on the side of caution and practice without expectation of reward. caal it kundalin,taming kundalini, whatever...you are in the driver's seat or cock pit.. so watch those controls...and watch the ego

quote:
I think that the style of music I enjoy really indicates the type of personality I have....I just bought the newest Norma Jean CD and am listening to it and it makes me want to run around like a maniac screaming about how excited I am to be alive! Haha. I have too much energy and like to go hard all the time. But as you say, yoga is a life-long affair, and going hard all day every day will only serve to burn myself or my nervous system out. Pacing is vital. I do know this. Thank you for your post...it is wonderful to have another ex-opiate addict here on the forum and practicing AYP. I wish you the best of luck my friend. Much Love!

My hunch is that yogani so much and rightly stresses the importance of self-pacing cos he has been there before himself. if he's been studying this since the 60's, then he obviously knows a thing or 2,... but then we also have to check in to our own guru as well...and listen to wisdom here too. based on my won expereinces of self-pacing , i knw thhis principle intergal to ayp should be respected. that is not to say to be fearful to to listen to what resonated with you and stick with it. have graitutde for wheveer you are,findyourself. as one advaitans put it- we have found This when we stop searching. the act of searching for enlightenment or whatever is mistaken .as it is all here, now,unfolding. enjoy exploring

in some sense your chakra has already opened, if one does'nt aim for it, 'end-gaining' i've tended to call it in the past. this is what matthias alexander would call it in his book 'use of the self'

Well done Carson. you are one of the lucky ones, and as yogis would say, utterly truly and deeply blessed by the grace of god.

there is a sense one has come home when one finds ayp. the thing with ayp is it appropiate for all levels from newcomers to advanced and certainly gives one a real experience of what yoga is really all about i it's broader more authentic sense. i;ve studied yoga 3.5 years and continue to learn, expand and evolve.obviously everyone experience and journey is unqiue to them, but if one is honest about where one is at, one is more open to new experiences, and one always then strives to keep an open mind and be receptive to new experinces, without judging them, as reality is indeed, as an old-timer dope friend once put it, alot wierder than we give( or tend to give) it credit for.

AYP has offered to me up a new dimension to yoga. it may be not what i expected in terms of my won limited experience with hatha yoga & spiritual awareness & altered states) but then this is because then the ideas about my won Self have been challenged in the process. and this can only bee a good thing. i know this much---- Life is short. and if you've seen the fragility and impermanence of life over the years, then to connect with your soul in one's lifetime is about a very profound and significant experience. most folk may get glimpses. but they either don't go all the way or chose, would rather not , don't know how to, if it is indeed possible, for one reason or another. I hear somewhere one needs 6 yogas to arrive at an awakened state beyone the fruition of kundalinior whatever, and beyond. as someone else much wiser than I of course said

'don't hang too much significance to what buddha or krishna' said - they are just guides, beyond the third-eye you are on your own, buddy,mate.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay9G...channel_page

the guy makes a number of interesting points in this vein,of course...haha

Congratulations----- you are one of the lucky ones Carson!!!
Enjoy, I'm gonna try out AYP to see where that leads me,as i feel comfortable having Yogani around , and the wisdom of this place( which i certainly did not have when ibegan this journey) and others here to offer guidance and comaraderie along the way etc.. Thanks for your response,carson.

This is now a month now with AYP, as a beginner, and will be interesting to see how six months say goes ,or a year ,2 years. etc

Much Love

AkAsha

Edited by - Akasha on May 19 2009 7:41:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  7:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the great post Akasha......it's wonderful to have you here with us on the forum....I'm sure you will love the AYP system.

Oh and don't worry.....pacing is going on strong. Very cautious these days. Still having lots of activity and symptoms. My practice set has changed up a little the last bit. Including samyama again, but going really easy on the asanas. And am allowing the kriyas to happen as they need to, and this is seeming to help a lot. Resisting them was causing more symptoms. I have also ended kundalini yoga for the summer to help me cool down. And am including a ton of grounding. Thank you for the advice. Much love.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

JDas

USA
74 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  7:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit JDas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Akasha

if one does'nt surrender, the struggle is much worse
[quote]

Much Love

AkAsha

My seized this and put it in my bag.

Thank you, AkAsha.

Much Love
Jon

Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  9:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou carson.It's great to be here. i am raher impressed with the DM. like i've got a subtel but sophisticated powerful tool( i know the analogy is quite inapporpriate but it'slike i've ogt mike tyson on my side..i'm not ssure how to explain it)...i feel the effectsof mantra meditation continue to resonate throughout the rest of theday,the tuniing continues.......

& Verry perceptive, JDAs- holding an asana pose for a while say, without effort, in the thoughtless state, and surrendering during heroin withdrawal or deep meditation seem not altogether different. i'm gald you highlighted that wee gem,amongst my long, (albeit maybe tedious to read) ramble.

yoga,heroin withdrawal and life,and all human experience all share a commonality-- in terms of the range of human expeirence. it really is not that different.

we love it when we get confirmation, that our experience, or our struggles, are a shared one. there maybe just be a different context,country or culture o lifestyle but otherwise the same nervous system. thisis the stuff of folklore ,campfires talk etc.where we can all relate.... to human life

we are all wired the same way. even if another creature with another nervous system, then could still share a commonality, in terms of experience. which reminds me of that film 'the fly'- he's changed but he/it is stll the same, on some level.

oh, & with ayp carson i think you should be alright. drop the kundalini yoga classes sounds gd. let the maturation period come to fruition by itself, no forcing, effortlessly, naturally and beautifully. that is fantastic! a good analogy i can think of is riding a big wave. it's all about balance, not to gett too wrapped up in the tunnel and enjoy every moment etc. surrendering is appreeicating, not being greedy.

surrender, & trust the guru in you.

Much love

with love
AkAsha

Edited by - Akasha on May 19 2009 9:24:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000