Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Sleepy and too much tired
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  5:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Nowadays life is throwing everything it has towards me including some good steps towards awakening.

While going through this phase I am experiencing too much sleepiness and I am very tired.

Is it normal as I was under impression that I increase my energy level but it is getting opposite.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  08:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeekingShiva,

When we have a lot of high energy moving through us, but our nervous system has not purified enough yet, there is resistance or what Yogani calls friction when the energy is moving through the nervous system. This can cause tiredness and a feeling of being drained. As your nervous system purifies further, the resistance is less and the nervous system can handle much more energy without tiring you out.

So right now the mental and physical tiredness/exhaustion that you are going through is a phase. It will pass.

Things that can help:
Firstly, Activity and Exercise. During these phases, the body feels it is sooooo tired that there is no way it has any energy to exercise. But it is really amazing how good you will feel if you do exercise. You may have to force yourself to do so. But if you can get yourself to do some chores that involve physical work or exercise (good workout in a gym or take some aerobics class) or a walk (not a leisurely walk.. but fast paced walk) you will find the grounding will actually take away some of the heaviness you feel due to fatigue. I know it sound opposite of what it should be, rest should help.. and yes, rest will help, but exercise (grounding) will make a huge difference in the quality of rest. Also, go for a heavier diet for a few days. That helps ground too.

Secondly, cut back on your practice.. that does not mean cut back on the total time, if you meditated for 20 min and rested for 10, now meditate for 10 min and rest for 20. Give yourself the luxury of taking a nap after meditation during the rest period. Cut back on spinal breathing and other energy practices for a bit. When your nervous system is already overloaded with energy, pumping it up with more energy will not help.

Third, be kind to yourself. Don't let your mind judge you for how or what you should or should not be doing. Tell yourself this is a phase and will soon be gone. Don't attach to the lows, don't connect the lows.. make an effort to pick on the moments in the day when you were happy, if you enjoyed your morning tea, if you smiled at someone or someone smiled at you, if you laughed at a joke, if you saw something that made you smile.. watch how these break the lows in the day. We use up a lot of mental energy (hence the mental tiredness, depression) in connecting the lows to make a shaft of one big low.. when we stop connecting we free up a lot of mental energy. We need to break the mind shafts we have formed. It wont happen in a day, but starting out with small things, observing the day is made up of moment by moment by moment.. and each moment (kshana) is free of the previous (memory) and next (imagination).. will help you break shafts and you will find you have freed up the mind so it can rest. At first the moment may be half a day long.. then as you keep identifying the breaks in the day.. your moments will refine to hours, mins, seconds... you will be able to actually watch how each second is independent of the previous and next. In my experience living in the now starts at a gross level and refines itself in time.

Hope some of this helps. Hope you feel better soon.

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 12 2009 09:20:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  10:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeekingShiva,
quote:
Originally posted by SeekingShiva

Nowadays life is throwing everything it has towards me including some good steps towards awakening.

Some great advice from Shanti. I am curious though to know what you mean by the sentence I quoted. Perhaps the "things being thrown at you" have something to do with this as well? Mentally tired or just physically?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  4:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti -

As your name suggests, you brought me lots and lots of Shanti.

I will follow your advice and I hope to get some energy back.

I am going through a phase where I just do not feel like doing anything and I am very very tired and the only thing which I feel like doing is meditation and off course Samayana.

Even though I am doing all the good things including preservation which used to bring lots of energy but here it looks like all my energy is being sucked out.

CarsonZi: Well currently we are going through so many hardships in our life that we do not know what is happening so that is what I meant by "Life is throwing everything it has", may be it is for my betterment. Sometimes I take it positively and sometimes I am so in drain that I just loose the whole purpose. So just going through the low time.

Hope in the end, whatever happens my practices go on and I have that much time and energy to keep on meditating.

Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  6:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeekingShiva,
quote:

CarsonZi: Well currently we are going through so many hardships in our life that we do not know what is happening so that is what I meant by "Life is throwing everything it has", may be it is for my betterment. Sometimes I take it positively and sometimes I am so in drain that I just loose the whole purpose. So just going through the low time.

That's what I thought you meant. From my perspective, these times you are describing are meant to teach us something we need to learn. Struggle creates opening. Usually during these times it is ultra important to keep up with our practices, at least a dumbed down version of them if we are overloaded, but often I think the openings come because of the perserverance in times of suffering. You are familiar with the story of Job in the Bible correct? Use this time as an opportunity to surrender to what Is, and keep meditating at a comfortable level. The opening WILL come. These are lifes tests and we should be thankful for them even when it's hard.

I will give you an example of a "life test" I received not too long ago. My wife and I went out for dinner and a drink after work as we had no groceries and did not feel like grocery shopping and then cooking. While eating dinner we got into a conversation about "Canadian culture" (don't get me started). This turned into a little bit of a debate between us. The place we were in only had about 6 tables and is always packed, so we had to continually turn the volume down in order to not bother other people. At one point one of the guys in the bar, who had just paid his tab and was walking out the aisle to the door, decided to sucker punch me in the face out of nowhere and yell "You don't talk like that to a girl!". I was sitting down, and looking the other way when he hit me, and after about three more punches he ran out of the lounge, jogged to his car taunting me the whole way, followed by his 3 friends, who got in his car and sped off. I wasn't hurt that badly really...my jaw was tight for a few days, I had a scrape on my forehead, my tragus piercing was bleeding a little....but overall not too bad I guess. Could have been worse. But the point of this whole story is: "I shouldn't talk to a girl like that." And life needed to tell me. I might not have got the message any other way. So....things happen for a reason, learn from this as this too shall pass. (my jaw is feeling better amd things will get better for you too)
quote:

Hope in the end, whatever happens my practices go on and I have that much time and energy to keep on meditating.

Don't hope just do.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  6:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
have more tea!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  6:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Life send your way what you can handle, even if it seems like it is way beyond what we can take at that point. I had heard a line many years back that stuck with me " if god brings us to it he will take us through it" (if silence brings us to it, then surrendering to the silence will help us thru it). That is so true.

As you open more, your karma will unfold faster. I will quote something Yogani wrote to me during one of my phases when life threw at me more than what I thought I could handle.. it really meant a lot to me then, and the meaning gets clearer with every passing day,.. hope it helps you:
"So, will things get better in the world? Only if we establish our stillness within as the world continues to rumble forward, as it surely will. Karma seems to be unwinding faster these days. We usually have about all we can handle, so there should be no surprises. If we can handle more and long for openings, more will unwind, at the same time while we are opening to more ecstatic bliss coming from inside. It is spiritual practice. Self-pace as necessary. It will get better. Not necessarily the things happening in life, which is just "stuff," but the inner peace and radiating happiness that is beyond all the stuff."

The other wonderful thing to keep in mind, when you are tired, when you feel defeated, it's not a bad thing, after defeat comes surrender. Surrender to the silence, ask the silence to guide you.. it will all be OK. It already is.

And the sucked out/drained out feeling is (in my case) excess energy, so please do consider self pacing and the other stuff I suggested above.

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 12 2009 7:50:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  8:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti, thank you for sharing that quote from Yogani. And from my own experience, it seems true that as we open more, karma does turn around more quickly. Sometimes within hours or days in my case anyway.

SeekingShiva, you've received good info here, but please try your best for eight hours of sleep during this time if possible.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  5:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How can I even say you guys thanks as just 6 letters are not mere enough..

Thanks to Yogani, thanks to AYP Forum and thanks to all of you guys.

You know in life when you are down in the valley and nothing seems to turn around and you are trying the best and still nothing, sometimes you start feeling alone.

So at that moment, if somebody comes up and says these wonderful things, it is very hard to express the gratitude. I have read the posts again and I think I will read few more times and hope everything sinks in.

I sincerely owe you guys thanks.

May bliss follow everybody.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000