Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Breathing Light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  07:19:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
During the morning whilst lying in bed I have been doing a mindfulness body scan.
This is putting the attention deeply into parts of the body, scanning around for areas of tension and just generally giving the body an internal massage with the attention.
I find the twice daily AYP practices helps greatly with the capacity to go deeper with this.

What has been happening is that after some breath retensions, which bring me in deeper, I go into breathing gently and evenly. The body takes on a sort of gross feeling of tension and energy combined, which is also very pleasent and relaxing, and the breath feels like a very fine other worldly essence going in and out of my solar plexus area. It doesn't seem to have much or any colour but does have the quality of light.
It also seems totally separate from by body, like a different form linking me to something else at the solar plexus.
I am still breathing in and out of my lungs, just in case anyone thinks I am surviving on breathing light alone

Anyone familiar with this?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  07:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI
yes I often do this in bed, sometimes it is very relaxing other times it seems to result in tension. When it results in tension I just stop and go to sleep when it doesent I have the same experiences you mention. Interesting

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  6:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for not getting back on this Richard

Yeh its interesting, the main thing I was wondering about was the breathing through the solar plexus, I've never experienced it like that, as far as I remember.

I wonder if it had something to do with what lorf talked about here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=5153#46092

Although there is no burbing for me!
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  12:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, I've been having something like this happen within the last few weeks while practicing pranayama, except it feels like I'm breathing thru the top of my head. (or perhaps more correctly, that I'm being breathed into thru the top of my head). And as you say - it's light.

Would appreciate whatever insight may be forthcoming :)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  08:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wigswest

Actually, I've been having something like this happen within the last few weeks while practicing pranayama, except it feels like I'm breathing thru the top of my head. (or perhaps more correctly, that I'm being breathed into thru the top of my head). And as you say - it's light.

Would appreciate whatever insight may be forthcoming :)

Are you tracing your spinal nerve from root to third eye? Please don't go to the crown. It can be unpleasant.
This discussion may help:
Automatic crown breathing in SBP?

If you are not putting your awareness to your crown, and still feeling this "breathed into" feeling, just keep going making sure you don't focus on the crown. Treat it like a distraction and stay with the root to third eye breathing.

Wish you the best.
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  10:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx for that link, shanti :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000