Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 New comer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  05:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
[size=2]As I am new on this forum I want to introduce myself.
I am 71, 40% still in business as accountant, 60% retired which give me a lot of time to practice.
Since a boy I seek the truth, read so many books and do a lot of practices : Gurdjieff, Theosophy, Krishnamurti (many years I have been in Saanen, Switzerland to follow his teachings), Hatha yoga, Vedanta and last but not least Chi Gong and Mantak Chia and his « Multi orgasmic man ».
Nine months ago, miracle, I discovered Yogani and it was as if all the pieces of the puzzle fit together and I began to practice according to AYP.
I have just finished to read the book on Self-Inquiry and it is so clear and well explained that I understand for the first time why all these years when I tried to follow Krishnaji, to be aware, to observe wihout the presence of the observer, aso…I had absolutely no result and I know a lot of people with the same problem. But I must say that I remain very grateful to Krishnaji as I am now completely free of all beliefs in any organized system and of all illusions about the guru circus. I will post some poetry I wrote inspired by K. and vedanta but first I must translate from french in english.
I want to express my gratitude to Yogani and I am deeply impress by the quality and seriousness of this forum. As I have learnt a lot, reading all these posts, I feel compelled to participate and try to write in english which is a bit difficult for me.

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  07:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Buffle and welcome to ayp :),

you seem to have a lot of experience but most importantly a very "open mind" and i agree with you on the advaita part cz it's more easier now to relate and experience advaitan teachings after the daily practice of deep meditation.

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  09:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Buffle37
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  10:43:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buffle,

Welcome to AYP, I'm glad you found it and that the practices are working for you. You're doing a great job writing in English by the way.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  11:56:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Buffle37. We're glad you found the forum.

light and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  07:21:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Buffle
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  07:25:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi buffle37,

Welcome to the forum. I had a very similar experience to you with regards to Krishnamurti and Yogani's book Self Inquiry. Except I have never been to see Krishnamurti. But at one point in my life I read everthing that was in print by him. And I just wound up confused, even tho I enjoyed alot of the books.

But AYP helped me to understand this aspect of spirituality which I had struggled with for about 30 years. Yogani has really hit the nail on the head if you ask me.

Now it makes perfect sense. Oh well.

I am looking forward to your contibutions.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  2:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your nice welcome. As I am a lonesome seeker it seems weird for me to join such a big community.

Yogibear, I have also at a time in my life read so many books of K.The ones I prefer are « commentaries on living » and « K’s Notebook ».I also read the three books on his life by Mary Luytens and « Lives in the Shadow » by Rhada Rajagopal Sloss which reveal the affair beetween K. and his mother.
The understanding I got from all these teachings is forever a part of me but as I explained it was not enough, at least for me, to free myself and open the door to the unknown.
Go to Top of Page

Julsey

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  4:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Julsey's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I am also a new member to the forum. I am fifty years of age, and quite new to yoga. I have delved into a bit of hatha, Raja, energization exercises & meditation; and also read many different yoga books. But when I came across this site, I thought this is just what I need, to give me encouragement and help in my spiritual journey. I have also just purchased the AYP book:Easy lessons for Ecstatic living, so I have a hard copy of the lessons as a reference guide when I need it. I have made a good start on the book so far, and feel that I am already making good headway - If only I had come across this before - it's excellent.
Anybody's help & advice along the way is much appreciated - bye for now, Jules.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  10:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum julsey

Please feel free to ask any questions you like we are all here to help each other.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  10:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Julsey, I hope you find what you are looking for.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  02:06:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you're very welcome julsey, just spread your legs and relax in these forums we are all here for each others.

all the best on your path.
Go to Top of Page

Goddessinside

158 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  08:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Goddessinside's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Buffle37 and Julsey!
Also Welcome Everybody!
We should say welcome to Each One of Us, Everyday!
Everyday, We are New Comers..

Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  12:38:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Julsey! We're glad you've joined us.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000