Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Navi Kriya
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  6:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone tried Navi Kriya yet?

Blessings

RICHARD

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  9:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard,

I have been playing with it since it came out. I just recently realized after re-reading the lesson, (http://www.aypsite.org/275.html) , that I had not been doing it entirely properly. I haven't been focusing enough on the area "between the navel and the area of the inner spine that is right behind the solar plexus (all the way back behind the hollow at the
bottom/center of the ribs)" as described by Yogani.

I had been focusing until now, more on lifting the navel but I now understand where I was going wrong. Even with my half right method, I had added a few after uddiyana during asanas as was suggested and then progressed to a couple at the end of spinal breathing before dynamic jalandra while tracing the breath up and down the spine. Even with just these little additions, I noticed more energy flow in my lower and middle centers, though I am not sure why there.

Now that I have figured out the correct feeling, I am looking forward to adding it in properly, but I will start with less before more. I also now notice that this is something that has happened by itself at times during meditation.

Anthem11
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  07:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Anthem11

Hi Richard,

I have been playing with it since it came out. I just recently realized after re-reading the lesson, (http://www.aypsite.org/275.html) , that I had not been doing it entirely properly. I haven't been focusing enough on the area "between the navel and the area of the inner spine that is right behind the solar plexus (all the way back behind the hollow at the
bottom/center of the ribs)" as described by Yogani.

Hi there the same as you I have been experimenting to see if I can get it right. I didn't think I had But I could feel the energy moving and then last night quite late after all my meditations, I was just sitting thinking about it and I noticed that I was becoming a bit feverish sort of burning inside it works alright even if you haven't quite got it so be careful its very powerful.

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  10:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard,

I've got a little more time under my belt with Navi Kriya and this is turning into one of my favorite mudras (funny considering I was initially going to put it off for a while). Definitely I agree, you have to be careful as it is easy to get into prana excesses with this technique.

My routine with it so far is as follows: a few during asanas, as mentioned above, after uddiyana and i have recently taken to doing 2 "rounds" of up and down the spine in conjunction with spinal breathing at the beginning of pranayama. I find it gives me a nice boost for the rest of the session. I have also noticed that my body sneaks in a couple when I am not paying attention and I have to consciously go back to regular pranayama (funny). This seems to be it at the moment if I add any more so far I get that "inner sunburn" feeling and I know I have taken it too far.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone else has any feedback?
Go to Top of Page

kriyaban108

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  02:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit kriyaban108's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been practicing navi kriya for about 6 months now. Today, after a longer than normal spinal breathing session, I began a very short session of navi. After doing it I had no need or desire to begin breathing naturally again for about 2 minutes. I wasn't holding my breath, I just didn't need to breath. After about a minute into this breathless state, I felt my non-physical (astral?) body begin to rise up and I began to have a feeling like something was going to happen in my crown area. It all stopped when I noticed it too much, if you know what I mean. Next time this happens I won't watch it so intensely.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000