New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  4:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All.

I just started YMK this week. I had a really neat experience 2 days in a row.

When I start YMK after 10 minute of spinal breathing, I see what looks like outer space to me (blackish-blue back drop with many lights or stars all over the place). Gold light starts moving into the picture and concentrating. Then the Golden ring forms. It is a brilliant/bright golden ring. Then on the 3rd time, the ring slowly fades away.

Would you say that this is a pretty typical experience? I think it's beautiful.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  4:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Solo,
Wonderful experience.
Yogani covers this in these lessons:
Lesson 92 - Q&A – The Star
Lesson 179 - Q&A – The star revisited

The golden ring has been discussed here:
Dharana Darshan and the Ring of Fire

You are doing very well. Just keep in mind not to get too caught up in it... enjoy it.. but try and favor the practice.. it is your practice that will lead you to many more of such wonderful experiences.

Enjoy.

Edited by - Shanti on Dec 17 2008 4:57:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  7:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Solo,
Yes, that's right, the yellow ring is the result of yoni mudra practice. But not only that, it will begin to occur as you progress, during your meditation without performing yoni mudra. It will begin to occur during your every day life, to a muted extent when you just close your eyes. It will be visible when first awakening from sleep. Why? Because that is a reality of Anahata and of Ajna consciousness. So that you are experiencing a phenomenon that is a signal, a sign, that you are going in the right direction in your practices and lifestyle. I agree with Shanti that dwelling on this phenomenon is pointless. But on the other hand, you are enlarging the nadis and encouraging the psychoneurological transformation and development of your energetic system by this mudra. My Buddhist teacher told me that in his Theravedin tradition, this is said to be Anahata, the chakra of the heart. It is seen by some yogins.
Other measures that will enhance this perception and also serve to thus dilate the nadis towards transformational development, is preceeding the yoni mudra by dynamic chin pump while squatting, and preceeding that with alternate nostril breathing. Then standing and doing the yoni mudra while standing. And especially by pressing your chest up against a wall while standing. These practices will all enhance the golden ring. Later, the gold ring will progress into a golden shaft or pillar of light, and from that, into a full visual field golden light. Observe these effects with eyes open while in a darkened room, while facing east, up against a wall upon you can push your chest.
Mid-day yoni mudra and the other mudras mentioned above, will result in a varient on the gold ring. It will manifest as first a field of variously colored stars, and then develop into a yellow disc as bright as the sun, instead of the ring effect.
Ultimately, I believe the significance of these visual phenomena are the product of moving energy into the Anahata and Ajna chakras, past a constriction that is beginning to loosen. So the visual effects are merely a good sign. Whether the yogin exits his physical body at the time of physical death THROUGH the center of the yellow ring, is perhaps a hunch though this idea is somewhat confirmed as a basic concept in the yogic literature.
Just a few observations not within the purview of the lessons and teachings presented on this website by administrators.
x.j.
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  08:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both! Your wisdom is much appreciated. Once my yoni mudra practice stabilizes a bit more, I will try the advanced mesures that you suggested XJ.

Also, I do have some slight pain between my shoulder blades. I figure that this is my heart chakra either opening, cleansing, or changing in some way. Any suggestions on things to do to esnure that this goes smoothly? Or should I simly continue on the path outlined in the lessons as i have eben doing?
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  11:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Solo,
Yes, Anahata can be perceived vibrating in the area you describe. That is a good sign that you are progressing in the right direction with your practices as well.

Though I speak outside of the program represented on this website, I would personally advise that when there is a perception like this of Anahata, to rest in that awareness. The Heart resonating is a very beautiful perception. The Heart is our center.
x.j.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  12:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by x.j.

Hi Solo,
Then standing and doing the yoni mudra while standing. And especially by pressing your chest up against a wall while standing. These practices will all enhance the golden ring. Later, the gold ring will progress into a golden shaft or pillar of light, and from that, into a full visual field golden light. Observe these effects with eyes open while in a darkened room, while facing east, up against a wall upon you can push your chest.

Interesting and unique advice.

I am actively trying to see the golden ring, so I will try this out in combination with kechari mudra stage 3.

Edited by - alwayson2 on May 03 2010 3:34:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  1:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did YMK in kechari stage 3 in the middle of sleep last night, during a bathroom break. I got all these crazy lights, the first attempt.

Edited by - alwayson2 on May 04 2010 3:16:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  7:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
scintillating point-light is sighted in the Sushumna (the centre of the Ajna Chakra) |
Behold (this point), O brother, with the curtains of your eyelids down

(The spiritual practitioner) who stills his sight in the Third Til (Sushumna, or the centre or the Ajna Chakra), |
Moves beyond his body and enters into the macrocosm.

The inner sky, studded with sparkling stars, is laid open
-Maha Rishi Mehi Paramahamsa
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SantM...message/2321

I have read of many gurus seeing a sky studded with stars, you are not the only one solo, sorry this answer came 2 years too late, I dont think it has anything to do with a mudra or body position because Maharishi Mehi and other saints practice meditation at the ajna alone and nothing else, no breathing, postures, mudras etc....

the lights are a sign that your 3rd eye is open, so that is very good

Edited by - michaelangelo7 on May 15 2010 8:43:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  6:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
does it have to be dark in the room to see the ring during YMK?

Edited by - alwayson2 on May 21 2010 7:33:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  06:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey ! I started seeing the golden ring three days ago after some 6 weeks of adding Yoni mudra to my practices; first seeing it on the breath retention and losing it on breathing out; now it stays there for the duration of YMK and slightly beyond.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  2:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did some yoni mudra last night, when I naturally had some blue and black splotches going on.

Due to the oxygen deprivation I was able to see a horizontal cosmic cleft with gray swirls top and bottom.

I feel that was the closest I have come to seeing the ring so far, but someone must confirm.

It would be really helpful if there was a list of visionary signs before you see the ring.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Jun 02 2010 4:49:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Arim

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  3:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Something that I'm curious about with the ring. When I'm in the dark and look to the right, I see a ring in the center with the left eye and when I look to the left then I see a ring in the center with the right eye. Can anyone help me out with an explanation?
Thanks,
Arim
Go to Top of Page

idiotegue

Czech Republic
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  09:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit idiotegue's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all, I've seen the ring too when I was practicing YMK. It was mostly purple, and later I've seen more of them behind of each other forming almost a tube.
Go to Top of Page

Amdor

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  1:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Amdor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yesterday I had one of my most beautiful experiences with yoni mudra....
i saw a golden golden light full with sparkling stars and after some time the stars changed colour, must be great if you can can observe that without yoni mudra

Edited by - Amdor on Jun 14 2010 2:00:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  2:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Lately I have been seeing a bright golden yellow circle of light during Yoni Mudra Spinal Breathing....and it is bordered with a rainbow....it is very beautiful and fills me with ecstatic response.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  4:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, you are a powerful yogi.

I don't understand why this golden ring is not found in ancient Hindu texts. Its really frustrating. I know its in Yogananda's stuff, but thats not ancient at all.
Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  07:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

The thing I find unusual about this thread is that no one has yet chimed in with a remark about how to we are not supposed to become too attached to the scenery we experience during practices. Surely the objective of yoni mudra should not be to see the golden ring? I've noticed the star/ring quite frequently and when it appears I'm naturally inclined to focus on it, as it brings pleasure.

Looking back and reviewing the lessons, Yogani states:

"in yoni mudra kumbhaka, our attention is brought to the point between the eyebrows for the entire period of retention of breath, until we go back down the spinal nerve on exhalation."

But how should we be using our attention exactly? Since the ring/star seems to appear at the point between the eyebrows, is it fine to focus attention on it?

Any insight into this would be great

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  08:25:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Where exactly is the star?

Between the eyebrows?

In the middle of the forehead?
Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  2:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

Where exactly is the star?

Between the eyebrows?

In the middle of the forehead?

I suppose it's seen in the area between the eyebrows when looking from the inside, it seems to appear in the centre of the field of vision when the eyes are held in the shifted position used in YMK. When I've seen it it looks like a point of intense but not blinding white light in the centre of the ring. It's had quite sharply defined edges at time, so it looks like a tiny circle. It's very inviting and pleasant to look at. It's not so much a star as a tiny circular keyhole in a door that the curious watcher can't resist peeking through.

What I am wondering is whether or not we should focus on gazing directly into the star, and strive to see beyond it, as it were. Or just ignore it and keep the attention held levelly on the point of space we imagine between the eyebrows. It's hard to ignore the sensations that looking at the star produces, but I have a feeling that to do so would be better practice.

Edited by - Wafu on Jun 16 2010 2:49:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  3:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wafu
I suppose it's seen in the area between the eyebrows when looking from the inside

I guess I have been looking in the wrong area.

I had been looking in the middle of the forehead.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  11:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi :)
I have a few comments about this.
First, I admit, I've never tried Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka. I don't like putting pressure into my head or pressing on my eyes. Pressing on the eyes causes lights and visual phenomenon that is strictly biological, (you are really stretching those rods and cones causing small electric charges to be released which causes the lights and patterns to appear. I believe doing this too frequently for prolonged periods of time can damage the eyes.)

Secondly, please try this experiment:
Seat yourself in front of a blank white or light colored wall and look straight ahead. Next, slowly cross your eyes and keep going until you are looking at the place just above the tip of your nose.
You will see a dark spot. Or rather, you will see two dark spots converge until there is only one dark spot.

Guess what? That is the blind spot in both eyes. By crossing your eyes, you are converging both blind spots and then looking (or focusing your attention) through the blinds spots.

And guess what? Without any effort, by just crossing my eyes, I see golden light in the blind spots.

My question to you is this: How do you know that this phenomenon has any spiritual significance?

Ok, so maybe you point the converging blind spots at the brow (or third eye area behind the brow). Still, it's easy to be fooled into thinking that there some spiritual significance in this practice. I believe this phenomenon is strictly a biological phenomenon called looking through the blind spots and has no spiritual signficance.

Third eye sight does not depend on focusing the eyes. I admit, focusing the eyes at whatever you are trying to focus on helps a lot to control your attention, but at some point you have to let the "looking through the eyes" go because it grounds you in coarse every day consciousness.

The third eye works on it's own regardless of where the physical eyes are pointing. Third eye sight is a matter of attention.

About the golden ring: Yes, there is a golden ring. When your outer-world attention has dissolved through pranayama and deep relaxation and you find yourself in that state that feels like you are deeper than dream state, floating inside the sushumna, a golden ring appears. It seems to originate from the heart. And guess what? You can move that golden ring up and down the sushumna using attention and will. When you do, it is as if the sides of the ring reflect the planes of the chakras that you are passing the ring by. Perhaps it isn't even a golden ring, but the sides of the sushumna that just look like a circle because the sushumna is like a hollow tube.

When I move the "ring" straight upwards, then I can see a star through the ring, but I think it's just point of view. You don't need to see the star by looking through the ring. You can just focus on it. That star is directly above the head, straight up.

The other thing I will say about this is that if I spend too much time moving the ring up and down the sushumna (like I sometimes do during spinal breathing), it is very easy to overload: Sun burnt face and hands, heat through the body, bodies splitting apart at random times during the day, general disorientation and dream-like consciousness... So I don't do that often.

The method I use to see that golden ring is, during spinal breathing, to shift the attention straight down the sushumna from the inside (instead of visualizing the suhumna as if my locus of attention were near the front of the head looking downwards and backwards). Pretend you are right in the sushumna, directly above your heart and then move your attention down to the root. Then I 'pull' the ring upwards along the straight path of the sushumna. At first, when I first discovered that I could do this, I had much trouble getting the ring to go higher than the base of the skull. There were some blockages there. You also have to reverse your point of view at the junction of the medulla and then go upwards, or outwards if you are going towards the brow. That is how I do it.

Hopefully what I have written here will make you consider whether what you are seeing is biological phenomenon and mistaking it for spiritually significant, or if it actually has any value.

Comments?

:)
TI

Edited by - Tibetan_Ice on Jun 16 2010 11:41:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

garlic

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit garlic's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to sound ignorant but what is YMK?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  10:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Garlic

Here is a link to the Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka lesson: http://www.aypsite.org/91.html

Enjoy!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

idiotegue

Czech Republic
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  10:54:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit idiotegue's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

interesting points. When I started doing YMK, my eyes felt a bit strained but now it's settled and I didn't notice anything wrong with them.
I would like to hear more feedback on this. Have you also noticed any strain or did a longer practice of it cause any problems?

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  11:19:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are feeling strain in the eyes from pushing on them in YMK then you are pushing too hard. It is a "gentle nudging" with the fingers on the eyes....there should be no strain.

Love!

Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  09:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson where do you focus your eyes for the ring?

A. Middle of forehead

B. Right between the eyebrows
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000