Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Amma in Dublin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  3:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After a talk and a workshop given at the Oscailt center in Dublin last week (the themes being "Silence - the guru within" and "AYP") I ended my visit to Ireland with seeing Amma. It was the first time I ever met a living guru presence - and what a presence she is!

Amma.......What can I say.......she is so vast......her love reaches every nook and cranny of this world and beyond. I stayed with her for 2 1/2 days......from beginning to end.....only broken by a few hours of sleep every night and an AYP meditation group gathering. I felt her energy about 1 kilometer away from the show room when we came driving. You can just imagine what it then was like to sit a few meters away from her for hours......I was in constant bliss the whole time......whether doing the dishes (we volunteered for Seva), help preparing the Puja or standing in queue for darshan or food. And there were so many lovely people there! I could not speak after the first embrace the first morning. My head was on her right shoulder and she hugged and said a long, long mantra into my right ear......she never looked at me.....I got up in a daze and sat down....eyes closed and completely inward turned. I was just a sound reverberating through the universe.......the sound was coming from a huge column of what looked like the trunk of a tree....the trunk was vibrating and I was both the trunk and the sound and the one seeing it. It took a couple of hours before I could communicate properly again...... Going back from the venue that evening (to join the AYP group for meditation) ......the joy was a constant smile in heart/face. Very still, very light, tingling but vastly spacious ....and more profound than ever. I had a vision during meditation later.....the sound "trunk" from earlier had turned into a real tree. A huge, huge brown/black trunk with branches further up. No leaves but the tree was filled with blue grapes....growing straight out of the branches... The second hug I received because I had volunteered for Seva (I didn't know this at the time so it was a nice surprise). This time she was in full regalia up on stage and dealing with three queues at the same time: One for darshan, one for giving a mantra and one for special questions. She is an amazing lady.....and is surrounded by beautiful, effective helpers that see to everything and especially take care of her body. Her two male main Bajan singers were the most beautiful musicians I have ever heard. Heavenly voices. It was just exquisit.

Anyway.....I had trouble keeping my eyes open.....head on her right shoulder again.....she lifted my head and intoned a shorter mantra into my left ear. It had me moaning......she infused me with something I can't even begin to put words to. It will never leave me and I am always one with her now. When finished she looked me straight in the eye and we broke out into a huge smile.......my eyes having no trouble at all staying open and I sat down with some people on her right side on stage. Earlier that day I noticed how my hands started getting ready for healing the way they do when I am expecting a client. Except this time nobody in need was around :-) It is painful to not give when ready to give :-) (Luckily a friend came to my rescue and volunteered for a healing )

After Ammas last hug my whole being was like the hands earlier that day. She infused me with an intense longing. It is different from the longing before Mooji. See:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4621

and

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4710

This longing is a longing to serve with all of me for the rest of my time here and beyond. This will have immediate consequences. While still working in the office in Oslo (I will have to work there for three months after I resign) I am stopping all activities after work that is for own enjoyment only..... and continuing with the AYP mediation group and seeing clients after work when they need me. And stay in peace the rest of the time. All else will fall rightly into place from here. My only "job" is to allow for it.

The whole time the show room was thick and bursting with Ammas energy. If you ever get a chance to see her.....don't even consider missing it! ......it is so incredible to be near her. I bought a pair of socks she had worn.....and I feel her energy radiating from them. She kept it going for hours and hours....her last bout started with the Puja at around 6 pm and she kept it going all through the night until about 9 a.m the morning after......Then catching a plane to another round of it somewhere else in the world......it is simply amazing.....

It also brought so much joy to see how people opened and opened and in the end everybody walked around with a smile on their face. I started "rocking" after Amma. I can't sit still.....swirling with bliss. Reading three sentences from her biography book.....and I can't keep my eyes open.....I die in myself and am lost to this world.....completely oblivious to anything but the love....

So now I self-pace I go straight into a week of full time work and on stage with the theatre play in the evenings so it will balance itself out, I'm sure.

I am eternally grateful to you reading this who made it possible for me to see Amma

And I will see her again soon

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  3:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing Katrine. Makes me happy to hear about your great time, meeting Amma, and all the good feelings and what have you not :).

She sounds Amazing, I think I'll definetly see if I can look into some of her teachings.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  4:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Divineis

Yes - do!
Looking at her many, many humanitarian projects around the world.....she is simply amazing.

Her main teaching is her very being itself

Love and love and love......
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  4:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow, yeah, just checked out some videos on youtube, news reportages and interviews. I love her simplicity, not getting all into talks about "self" and "stillness", just... motherly love. And all that she's given back, all the projects and donations and what have you not. I definetly admire her work and dedication to just plain and simple love :).

Go to Top of Page

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  10:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Katrine for sharing,
I've seen here twice last year. The first time was in Dallas during a yoga retreat and I just happened to go see her. When she walked in the room, my heart felt like an elephant was sitting on it. I didn't get a hug that time because I would have had to stay up too late but after I left, my whole body was vibrating. She came to me in a dream two nights later (it felt more like a vision) and she put an extra bone in my heart and said, Let's call it the mother bone. I wept for days and then the beauty of it was, I realized my <deceased> mother's maiden name is Bohn (pronounced bone). I saw her again about six months later and got several hugs. I felt so hot in her presence I could bearly stand it. Now I've been doing the self-pacing for the past six months and am feeling better. I have not gone to any satsangs nearby due to fear of getting too activated. But am considering going starting January. I love the simplicity of her teachings and her emphasis on service. What was so weird to me while being with her was the timelessness I felt. Its like nothing is seemingly happening yet I felt this desire to stay and felt wide awake even in the wee hours of the morning.
blessings,
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Premananda

Norway
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  2:19:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Premananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for posting this profoundly moving, heart-rending account of your most beautiful and significant meeting with our World's supremely beloved and supremely loving Mother Amma. Indeed she is a true mother to all of us, always nurturing, full of compassion. May her sweetness-smile, loving heart and fragrance-soul never ever leave you even for a second.

In my life I strongly feel that her blessingful presence lovingly and most clearly helped me back towards my own soul's spiritual home, setting me on my own spiritual path, with my forever beloved Guru Sri Chinmoy.

May the full divine victory most joyfully and fruitfully garland our loving Mother Amma's Supreme Mission here on Earth and there in Heaven!

Wishing you Love,

Your brother in the Supreme,

Premananda
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  5:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogajan

Thanks for sharing your experience with Amma.
I loved the way the "mother bone" was put in you by her

I can fully relate to what you say about the self-pacing. Her energy is just amazingly powerful...

I hope you get to attend the satsangs in the near future

I long to see her again
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  5:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Premananda

quote:
Indeed she is a true mother to all of us, always nurturing, full of compassion. May her sweetness-smile, loving heart and fragrance-soul never ever leave you even for a second.

Thank you so much for that blessing from heart I do feel I am with her always now.

That is beautiful....how she directed you towards your own beloved guru.

May she live long, continue to touch and transform millions of souls and may we serve her well by spreading the love in our own natural and unique way here on earth and beyond

She is such an incredible example of love/stillness in action.....

Wishing you love too, Premananda.
And thanks for being my brother in the supreme

Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  06:06:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
WoW.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000