Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 May I introduce the highest Buddhist practice?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2008 :  10:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TMS:

But what if you are wrong? To whom else (living) can you point for verification of what you are saying? And how can everyone benefit similarly without falling into despair over the life they are now living? Despair is the fruit of a path based on the intellectual gymnastics of nothingness. There are many here who can verify that.

These are legitimate questions that a traveler may ask of one who claims to know the way. All you have shared so far is concepts, criticisms of what others are doing, and some methods that may or may not deliver.

Incidentally, the breath retention method you recommend here can be destabilizing or outright dangerous for some practitioners. Perhaps it will be better to work on the system rather than on the beliefs of others.

I am not trying to give you a hard time. Well, maybe a little. It is all for the good.

No one here is obliged to take anyone's word for it, least of all mine. The measure of truth is not in our words. If it is to be found anywhere, it will be in reliable means leading to direct experience of the unending freedom we all have longed for. That is all that matters. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Your experience and how you arrived in it are of much greater interest than exhortations about how others ought to think and believe. Thanks for sharing.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  12:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
themysticseeker,

I have direct experience with self-lessness that you speak of...confirmed my multiple sources. I used to post on the big Buddist forum Esangha.

I have to also tell you, you are mistaken in many of your views.

Direct experience of self-lessness is enlightenment....yes you are correct on that. And in Theravada view, you are finished at this stage. But in Mahayana (the view you purport to profess by claiming to help other beings) self-lessness is only the first bhumi (and also the last bhumi...its confusing I know). Enlightenment is not sudden or gradual...it is free from extremes.

Also you have numerous fundamental misunderstanding of the rainbow body. Please look at the book I posted.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  12:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do agree with you that whole "I AM" meditation thing is a misunderstanding of Ramana Maharishi and advaita in general.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4447 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  01:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TMS

quote:
How do I know about these? I wish you did not have to ask. I could tell you that I have seen the light. I could also tell you I have seen the end of time, perhaps it was the beginning, beneath the light. Having seen, seeing ceased. The source of all is a very deep mystery.

In the beginning and the end, the Cosmos was without form, and void, formless and empty; and darkness was upon the face of the deep Mystery of mysteries.

Without form, void, formless, empty, not conscious, selfless, unlit, deep, dark.

It is not the lights which are ultimately real, but the darkness. It is this essential darkness which generates the selfless nature of love, and love generates this Cosmos and we in it.

Do not wish that I did not need to ask. Some
people speak only from what they have heard, so it is good to clarify first.

I have also seen the light, and the beginning and ending of time. But I do not understand why you think the darkness alone is real, and not also the light emanating from the darkness? Is the love not emanated through the light. And is the love of God not real?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  01:30:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there is no evidence of G-d.

The whole premise of your question is flawed.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  02:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi TMS:

But what if you are wrong? To whom else (living) can you point for verification of what you are saying? And how can everyone benefit similarly without falling into despair over the life they are now living? Despair is the fruit of a path based on the intellectual gymnastics of nothingness. There are many here who can verify that.

These are legitimate questions that a traveler may ask of one who claims to know the way. All you have shared so far is concepts, criticisms of what others are doing, and some methods that may or may not deliver.

Incidentally, the breath retention method you recommend here can be destabilizing or outright dangerous for some practitioners. Perhaps it will be better to work on the system rather than on the beliefs of others.

I am not trying to give you a hard time. Well, maybe a little. It is all for the good.

No one here is obliged to take anyone's word for it, least of all mine. The measure of truth is not in our words. If it is to be found anywhere, it will be in reliable means leading to direct experience of the unending freedom we all have longed for. That is all that matters. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Your experience and how you arrived in it are of much greater interest than exhortations about how others ought to think and believe. Thanks for sharing.

The guru is in you.

Yes. I can understand you. Thank you for this direction. I will answer you the best I can. You are right, my practice is destabilizing, losing a sense of self is extremely disorienting, but necessary.

What if I am wrong? Show me otherwise. I independently arrived at an understanding that I later found was in line with other seers. The Earth validates my finding. I will explain in a bit, but essentially, I saw something in meditation, a vision and knowledge, if you will. Then to articulate what I saw, which was wordless, I had to read what others said. I saw the meaning of what I saw first in Tao, then the New Testament, "God is love," then Hopi, then Buddha's Pali Canon, then Sufi teaching. It all ties to love. Love is not something understood in meditation. Love is an act. Meditation is the stillness of not acting. What is understood in meditation is total release of self, or selflessness, that or the union of self with Cosmic Mind. So Yoganiji, despite what you say, I'm telling what NOT to think and what NOT to believe. Don't cling. That's it. There's nothing to despair or fear, just have faith, let go and leave it be. Great Peace is waiting.

Despair over the path of nothingness. Yoganiji, I am not speaking about the path of nothingness or the path of no path. I am speaking about the path of meditation, relief from anxiety, and the complete end of stress. What I'm discussing is the path of real lasting happiness and peace. In the depths of samadhi, I'm afraid, many striving yogis reach the end of progress, and experience a block. The yogi emerges saying, "I'll try this, then I'll try that." That is the wrong approach. The bliss state of deep relaxation is correct, then further relaxation must occur. The final knot must be untied. Except it is not tied. It is held. Who is holding? The Self. When the final clasp is released, the self ceases to be. There is no despair, here. You get the distinct sense, not that we are one, but that we are connected, tethered together by karma to reflect peace on Earth as it is (not in God) but in "heaven" the perfect undisturbed peace.

It is perfect calm; I can only describe it as relief. It is as if I have been carrying a cross all my life and I have finally put it down; immense relief. What that is, that presence in that moment is just a guess. I don't have words for it. All I know is that it is only realized by releasing the final vestige of a self. I think it must take great faith for the yogi to let that last thing go. It is diving into the unknown. It is scary; I was first quite scared. But it is a great relief, and am filled with compassion and love for all who venture into this awe-inspiring place. It is only for the lion-hearted. We are the Cosmos. That is not nothing. It is just not a self.

My system. I arrived at my finding with simple breath observance. I mastered my kundalini when I was just a boy. I can focus my kundalini anywhere I want, even in my hands, so I meditated with kundalini in various regions. When I focused it in my crown, I flew into outer space, shot out of the universe and popped out of the membrane of this universe, into the space between universes in a sea of golden energy that I will describe only as pure will. The I AM energy. From there I could go anywhere or do anything I wanted. I won't elaborate on what I did. That was about 20 years ago.

Focusing kundalini in different areas resulted in various anomalies. The forehead resulted in stopping mind and seeing the rainbow body emerge from a seed into white light. Focusing at hands caused anyone I touched to become obsessed with possessing me. Focusing at my stomach resulted in eating vast amounts of food, like a bottomless pit until my body burned like a high fever and I felt like a fierce predator. Focus on my voice resulted in thousand of people being entranced by me, like I was a rock star. Focus in my lower regions resulted in love god realm here, and I led many people into depravity. For this I am very sorry. The heart eluded me. I couldn't contact it. It was as if my heart was maligned by all these worldly and exciting experiences. It was alienated and cut off. I had no insight into its importance. I basically disregarded it. All my search for the fireworks of sex, stomach, voice and mind resulted in total imbalance.

I sought to correct this problem. I spent many years meditating to resolve my problem. Why was my heart so cold? One day, deep in meditation for many hours, I felt drawn into my heart, I felt so many sorrows and regrets. I felt the vortex pulling me in, similar to when I shot out into space; this was not out, but in. I was sucked in through my heart, into the heart of the Cosmos. I saw "emanations" is the best I can describe it, which I interpreted as God. I asked the emanations, "what does it all mean?" or "show me the way" or both. Something like that.

I was shown a vision of the end of time. I saw the universe literally burn out with the end of time. I saw time, like a fire, like acid, burning through everything in the material plane until it was all gone, dissolved. All living beings dissolved. Nothing remained. All that remained was a warm presence, a sense of all possibility, wholeness and vast eternal peace. It was like being in an endless womb. It was a deep dark mystery of no-thing-at-all, but all-things-possible. This is the best I can do. It was the ultimate peace. Just as the universe burned out, I felt an extreme longing from Cosmic Mind, a deep regret that all living beings did not stop living in their own worlds and liberate themselves from selfish delusions. In the end, this Cosmic Mind relinquished all sense of self to merge into the deep mystery, the Tao, if you will. The feeling was indescribable, something like nostalgia, something like coming home, something like secure and safe, something life free and totally calm.

Then I was shown the nature of consciousness here and now; my sense of self was ripped apart and I saw all consciousness simply as a vast network of connections, like a web spanning many dimensions. At all the intersecting parts of the web, I saw something like drops of mercury, reflecting all other drops like a vast hall of mirrors. That was unbearable. I couldn't handle that. I had to shake myself to come out of that, totally disorienting. I didn't know who I was for about ten minutes.

When I emerged from my meditation, I had no words to describe what I saw, I only knew it in my heart. To help me translate what I saw and understood about the source of the Cosmos, I looked everywhere. In science, in every mystical and religious text, every modern teaching. At this point, I've read everything in depth several times. I was hanging at a Tibetan monastery looking at the Guhuyasamaja Tantra, when I don't know what hit me; it could have been the ray of sunlight beaming down from the sunroof.

The word "selflessness" jumped into my mind. At that moment, structures of knowledge fell into place. I understood how God is Love means God is selfless support for all life (and as such is indistinguishable from the Cosmos), love one another as you would be loved, inter-dependent origination and non-self nature of all things, the Tao, returning to emptiness, oblivion of the self in the presence of God and selflessness (the Sufi way), Cosmic Mind and its view, the cycles of time and history, the Navajo, Mayan and Hopi prophesies. It all fell into place as one whole.

You say I have a narrow view, but my view is shared by the history of the world, the Christ, the Sufi, the Jew, the Buddha, the Taoist, the Natives, Black Elk. It's all about the heart of love and blending into nature. Nature is a conglomerate, not a self.

Patanjali is a relatively minor figure among these folks. All these teachers say that without the correct view, the correct intent and the correct direction the tree will not bear fruit. All these teachers also emphasize the heart. It is not about sex energy. It is about heart energy. It is not about being; it is about being together in peace with one another. We really need the support of each other to be happy; that requires selflessness.

I'm not alone here. There are many of us who are going to join the collective consciousness as selfless beings dedicated to the Earth Mother. Don't get lost chasing rainbows. If you do, you will suffer for it. I wish it were another way, but it's not. We are going to need togetherness to survive what's coming. Plant your roots in the soil of "we."

People search here and search there. My brother-in-law just returned from Egypt living with the Tribe of Benjamin in a 3000 year old Hebrew settlement outside of Cairo. He was there to discuss helping them rebuild the temple in Jerusalem. He was told his visit there was a recollection, because RA opened his eye of time and saw all their talks about the temple. That's quite a dream. Why don't we dream of peace instead, just peace, without the temple.

There is One Way, One Only Way, "Cling to No Thing Whatsoever." Stage dive into our millions of hands. Have faith and do not doubt, you will receive anything you ask for, even paradise and peace on Earth.

I can reconcile your view with mine. You believe in a Self. That Self must have a selfless intention toward all living beings, and is never self-centered for any reason, so much so, that that Self never even says "I".

The best thing I have to give is not some practice. All these practices are as good as any. There's nothing special about any of them. The best thing I have is the correct starting point. How you walk the path is up to you.

Walk the path with the intent to reach enlightenment, not for Self, but for the selfless and altruistic purpose of dedicating your life to the liberation of all intelligent beings. Knowing now that you are an indispensable member of the enlightenment team, let go, let go. Free your Self. Lose your Self. May you find peace.

Ah...

TMS

Edited by - themysticseeker on Nov 29 2008 03:34:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  02:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson

there is no evidence of G-d.

The whole premise of your question is flawed.

that is your own opinion, others have different opinions than yours.

like perhaps you are an incaranation of god or god is really separate from you...

to each his sailing boat my friend.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  03:07:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

themysticseeker,

I have direct experience with self-lessness that you speak of...confirmed my multiple sources. I used to post on the big Buddist forum Esangha.

Direct experience of self-lessness is enlightenment....yes you are correct on that. And in Theravada view, you are finished at this stage. But in Mahayana (the view you purport to profess by claiming to help other beings) self-lessness is only the first bhumi (and also the last bhumi...its confusing I know). Enlightenment is not sudden or gradual...it is free from extremes.

Also you have numerous fundamental misunderstanding of the rainbow body. Please look at the book I posted.

I would have to say, that I'm probably more in the Theravada camp. Enlightenment is relatively sudden, because when you say "that's it." That's it. I'll look at the book. I love reading. I started with Tibetan Buddhism, but found it off the mark. I don't think I see the rainbow body as they do. I don't see it as a dharmakaya. I see all realms as illusory.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  03:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Suryakant

quote:
Originally posted by themysticseeker

I'm ... Mohammed, Jesus, Lau Tzu, the Buddha, and the Hopi ... Disregard that at your peril.

This is a fun game you play. Is it fun?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  03:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Hi TMS:

The guru is in you.

Yes. I can understand you. Thank you for this direction. I will answer you the best I can. You are right, my practice is destabilizing, losing a sense of self is extremely disorienting, but necessary.

What if I am wrong? Show me otherwise. I independently arrived at an understanding that I later found was in line with other seers. The Earth validates my finding. I will explain in a bit, but essentially, I saw something in meditation, a vision and knowledge, if you will. Then to articulate what I saw, which was wordless, I had to read what others said. I saw the meaning of what I saw first in Tao, then the New Testament, "God is love," then Hopi, then Buddha's Pali Canon, then Sufi teaching. It all ties to love. Love is not something understood in meditation. Love is an act. Meditation is the stillness of not acting. What is understood in meditation is total release of self, or selflessness, that or the union of self with Cosmic Mind. So Yoganiji, despite what you say, I'm telling what NOT to think and what NOT to believe. Don't cling. That's it. There's nothing to despair or fear, just have faith, let go and leave it be. Great Peace is waiting.

Despair over the path of nothingness. Yoganiji, I am not speaking about the path of nothingness or the path of no path. I am speaking about the path of meditation, relief from anxiety, and the complete end of stress. What I'm discussing is the path of real lasting happiness and peace. In the depths of samadhi, I'm afraid, many striving yogis reach the end of progress, and experience a block. The yogi emerges saying, "I'll try this, then I'll try that." That is the wrong approach. The bliss state of deep relaxation is correct, then further relaxation must occur. The final knot must be untied. Except it is not tied. It is held. Who is holding? The Self. When the final clasp is released, the self ceases to be. There is no despair, here. You get the distinct sense, not that we are one, but that we are connected, tethered together by karma to reflect peace on Earth as it is (not in God) but in "heaven" the perfect undisturbed peace.

It is perfect calm; I can only describe it as relief. It is as if I have been carrying a cross all my life and I have finally put it down; immense relief. What that is, that presence in that moment is just a guess. I don't have words for it. All I know is that it is only realized by releasing the final vestige of a self. I think it must take great faith for the yogi to let that last thing go. It is diving into the unknown. It is scary; I was first quite scared. But it is a great relief, and am filled with compassion and love for all who venture into this awe-inspiring place. It is only for the lion-hearted. We are the Cosmos. That is not nothing. It is just not a self.

My system. I arrived at my finding with simple breath observance. I mastered my kundalini when I was just a boy. I can focus my kundalini anywhere I want, even in my hands, so I meditated with kundalini in various regions. When I focused it in my crown, I flew into outer space, shot out of the universe and popped out of the membrane of this universe, into the space between universes in a sea of golden energy that I will describe only as pure will. The I AM energy. From there I could go anywhere or do anything I wanted. I won't elaborate on what I did. That was about 20 years ago.

Focusing kundalini in different areas resulted in various anomalies. The forehead resulted in stopping mind and seeing the rainbow body emerge from a seed into white light. Focusing at hands caused anyone I touched to become obsessed with possessing me. Focusing at my stomach resulted in eating vast amounts of food, like a bottomless pit until my body burned like a high fever and I felt like a fierce predator. Focus on my voice resulted in thousand of people being entranced by me, like I was a rock star. Focus in my lower regions resulted in love god realm here, and I led many people into depravity. For this I am very sorry. The heart eluded me. I couldn't contact it. It was as if my heart was maligned by all these worldly and exciting experiences. It was alienated and cut off. I had no insight into its importance. I basically disregarded it. All my search for the fireworks of sex, stomach, voice and mind resulted in total imbalance.

I sought to correct this problem. I spent many years meditating to resolve my problem. Why was my heart so cold? One day, deep in meditation for many hours, I felt drawn into my heart, I felt so many sorrows and regrets. I felt the vortex pulling me in, similar to when I shot out into space; this was not out, but in. I was sucked in through my heart, into the heart of the Cosmos. I saw "emanations" is the best I can describe it, which I interpreted as God. I asked the emanations, "what does it all mean?" or "show me the way" or both. Something like that.

I was shown a vision of the end of time. I saw the universe literally burn out with the end of time. I saw time, like a fire, like acid, burning through everything in the material plane until it was all gone, dissolved. All living beings dissolved. Nothing remained. All that remained was a warm presence, a sense of all possibility, wholeness and vast eternal peace. It was like being in an endless womb. It was a deep dark mystery of no-thing-at-all, but all-things-possible. This is the best I can do. It was the ultimate peace. Just as the universe burned out, I felt an extreme longing from Cosmic Mind, a deep regret that all living beings did not stop living in their own worlds and liberate themselves from selfish delusions. In the end, this Cosmic Mind relinquished all sense of self to merge into the deep mystery, the Tao, if you will. The feeling was indescribable, something like nostalgia, something like coming home, something like secure and safe, something life free and totally calm.

Then I was shown the nature of consciousness here and now; my sense of self was ripped apart and I saw all consciousness simply as a vast network of connections, like a web spanning many dimensions. At all the intersecting parts of the web, I saw something like drops of mercury, reflecting all other drops like a vast hall of mirrors. That was unbearable. I couldn't handle that. I had to shake myself to come out of that, totally disorienting. I didn't know who I was for about ten minutes.

When I emerged from my meditation, I had no words to describe what I saw, I only knew it in my heart. To help me translate what I saw and understood about the source of the Cosmos, I looked everywhere. In science, in every mystical and religious text, every modern teaching. At this point, I've read everything in depth several times. I was hanging at a Tibetan monastery looking at the Guhuyasamaja Tantra, when I don't know what hit me; it could have been the ray of sunlight beaming down from the sunroof.

The word "selflessness" jumped into my mind. At that moment, structures of knowledge fell into place. I understood how God is Love means God is selfless support for all life (and as such is indistinguishable from the Cosmos), love one another as you would be loved, inter-dependent origination and non-self nature of all things, the Tao, returning to emptiness, oblivion of the self in the presence of God and selflessness (the Sufi way), Cosmic Mind and its view, the cycles of time and history, the Navajo, Mayan and Hopi prophesies. It all fell into place as one whole.

You say I have a narrow view, but my view is shared by the history of the world, the Christ, the Sufi, the Jew, the Buddha, the Taoist, the Natives, Black Elk. It's all about the heart of love and blending into nature. Nature is a conglomerate, not a self.

Patanjali is a relatively minor figure among these folks. All these teachers say that without the correct view, the correct intent and the correct intention the tree will not bear fruit. All these teachers also emphasize the heart. It is not about sex energy. It is about heart energy. It is not about being; it is about being together in peace with one another. We really need the support of each other to be happy; that requires selflessness.

I'm not alone here. There are many of us who are going to join the collective consciousness as selfless beings dedicated to the Earth Mother. Don't get lost chasing rainbows. If you do, you will suffer for it. I wish it were another way, but it's not. We are going to need togetherness to survive what's coming. Plant your roots in the soil of "we."

People search here and search there. My brother-in-law just returned from Egypt living with the Tribe of Benjamin in a 3000 year old Hebrew settlement outside of Cairo. He was there to discuss helping them rebuild the temple in Jerusalem. He was told his visit there was a recollection, because RA opened his eye of time and saw all their talks about the temple. That's quite a dream. Why don't we dream of peace instead, just peace, without the temple.

There is One Way, One Only Way, "Cling to No Thing Whatsoever." Stage dive into our millions of hands. Have faith and do not doubt, you will receive anything you ask for, even paradise and peace on Earth.

I can reconcile your view with mine. You believe in a Self. That Self must have a selfless intention toward all living beings, and is never self-centered for any reason, so much so, that that Self never even says "I".

The best thing I have to give is not some practice. All these practices are as good as any. There's nothing special about any of them. The best thing I have is the correct starting point. How you walk the path is up to you.

Walk the path with the intent to reach enlightenment, not for Self, but for the selfless and altruistic purpose of dedicating your life to the liberation of all intelligent beings. Knowing now that you are an indispensable member of the enlightenment team, let go, let go. Free your Self. Lose your Self. May you find peace.

Ah...

TMS

Hi TMS:

that's a beautiful post my friend.

having been very much involved in the practice and study of suffism in the past plus am still interacting with some suffi friends of mine.

i agree with you concerning the selfless state, it's the right explanation for it but that's my opinion on the matter and yours and not everyone can relate to it.

so let's leave it to the one who realizes it.

and btw there are two opinions on this state in suffism, one who calls it al fanai fi allah (melting or extinguishing in god) and the second calls it al bakai fi allah (the state of being in the presence of god).

now concerning what you're offering it's beautiful and might be true, except the fact that i cannot experience what you just mentioned above directly without going there myself.

and i for person am not convinced until i experience the real deal firsthand.

so concerning what you're sharing with us; it's one thing if it's right or wrong and another thing if you're forcing your opinions and experiences on us (which sadly you are in this case).

cz i mentioned b4 up there, even suffis disagree among themselves on how to describe truth and that's due to some dogmatic issues...

there is no one way which is right for everyone in spiritual matters.

it all goes down to one's personal experience and the way he was brought up.

and i like both of your opinions; you and yogani.

but out of my personal experience, yogani has given me the tools to manifest and experience what he's saying in a logical manner which needs time.

and i am more convinced day by day that what his teachings are true due to first hand personal experiences even with the highs and lows.

now concerning what you are sharing with us, i've read it all as well and been through it. (concerning advaita vedanta and buddhism, you can say i soaked myself in them but still...)

what i'm pointing at is, there are some ripe souls who are ready for your kind of teaching and others like myself who are not ready and might experience some fake or an illusion of the sense of true self in them. "(been there as well)

so let's keep thing easy and smooth, as i said to alwayson to each his sailing boat.

namaste my friend,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  03:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda
Hi TMS:

that's a beautiful post my friend.

having been very much involved in the practice and study of suffism in the past plus am still interacting with some suffi friends of mine.

i agree with you concerning the selfless state, it's the right explanation for it but that's my opinion on the matter and yours and not everyone can relate to it.

so let's leave it to the one who realizes it.

and btw there are two opinions on this state in suffism, one who calls it al fanai fi allah (melting or extinguishing in god) and the second calls it al bakai fi allah (the state of being in the presence of god).

now concerning what you're offering it's beautiful and might be true, except the fact that i cannot experience what you just mentioned above directly without going there myself.

and i for person am not convinced until i experience the real deal firsthand.

so concerning what you're sharing with us; it's one thing if it's right or wrong and another thing if you're forcing your opinions and experiences on us (which sadly you are in this case).

cz i mentioned b4 up there, even suffis disagree among themselves on how to describe truth and that's due to some dogmatic issues...

there is no one way which is right for everyone in spiritual matters.

it all goes down to one's personal experience and the way he was brought up.

and i like both of your opinions; you and yogani.

but out of my personal experience, yogani has given me the tools to manifest and experience what he's saying in a logical manner which needs time.

and i am more convinced day by day that what his teachings are true due to first hand personal experiences even with the highs and lows.

now concerning what you are sharing with us, i've read it all as well and been through it. (concerning advaita vedanta and buddhism, you can say i soaked myself in them but still...)

what i'm pointing at is, there are some ripe souls who are ready for your kind of teaching and others like myself who are not ready and might experience some fake or an illusion of the sense of true self in them. "(been there as well)

so let's keep thing easy and smooth, as i said to alwayson to each his sailing boat.

namaste my friend,

Ananda

Roger that. Yogani and I apparently were exposed to the same tools. He has been at it for 30 years and so have I. I'm just a little younger :). I began my practice in Tantra and pranayama. I had guidance from my grandfather who was very accomplished. By all means, please use the tools. They are powerful. What I should be saying is "hey, after you have gone through all the tools and you are on the verge of enlightenment... ease into with with letting go."

AYP provides the vehicle to experience samadhi. I know this. This is the prerequisite bliss consciousness. Yogani and I are eye-to-eye up to here. Samadhi is the base from which you launch your rocket ship. He says I'm saying "fly into nothingness" and that will lead to despair. I'm saying "that's not nothingness" it will lead to repair.

The Sufi school who says it oblivion in God's presence, in my opinion, are bending to the Muslim critics who espouse oblivion into God as selflessness is blaspheming monism. Basically, like me, they were accused of being advaitans and many said, "okay we're dualists." The originalists said, "we not monists; we're selfless lovers, like God"; hence, they were not stoned.

My better advice after having been advised, is to look into what I'm saying only if you reach a point in mantra meditation where you can't progress satisfactorily.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  06:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. I am speaking from a begginer's point of view (in the "spiritual path"). It is fascinating being able to witness what I considered great people that have seen the truth or glimpses of the truth discussing. But I couldn't help but wonder about a few things.

First of all I wanted to reply because of what Yogani wrote:

quote:
Despair is the fruit of a path based on the intellectual gymnastics of nothingness. There are many here who can verify that.

I can confirm this. I have never been a formal seeker but somehow (it is my nature) I have always been an obstinate seeker of truth. I just did it everywhere, anywhere, always. I was born like this. Especially when alone I would love to dive into the nothingness of it all, the black hole inside. I almost had an inate mission to destroy myself, all my thoughts, my body, all illusions. Nothing seemed real to me, reality was very flexible and permeable. "What is the meaning of this?" This is the sense I was born with, or so it seems, I had never heard of yoga or any "spiritual path" and would not for many years, until recentely. But still, I almost detroyed myself because of this approach, whcih I now consider as very similar to an agressive destruction of the self, maybe an advaita kind of practice, but I don't want to put labels to it, or ofend any tradition! (that is the difficulty with the "truth" and words that seems to be happening here). What I do know is that it was not a balanced harmonious loving approach, but a destructive one. Maybe effective, but not pleaseant. It sure did not take me to pleaseant shores. And now I see the "path" can be smoother and pleaseant and gradual. Thanks AYP for letting me see that.

But mostly what springs to mind by reading this thread is how, even people that glimpsed or seen the truth and maybe even embody it, still discuss about it - what's the best way to describe it, to reach it, etc. The truth may be one but sure has still millions of interpretations, even for the ones who have seen this same truth!! Isn't it fascinating? What all of this tells me is that ultimately it is up to each one of us to decide what is true or not, to decide what practices we'd like to use or not. That's what I seem to do. I love reading all this discussions and explanations and descriptions of the truth that other mystics have seen (they are very inspiring and make me want to se ethem for myself!) but I also see the illusion even in that - in "grasping" the truth. If we "are" the truth (and it can't be any other way) what's the point of trying to grasp it, of striving in any way? That is meditation, that is the so much talked about letting go.

Sometimes, mysticseeker, what you suggest appears to me like a challenge - the final "letting go" - and so, a last striving, but I am sure it is my personal interpretation. It is my own truth inside telling me "don't worry abotu it for now". I sure honour and deeply appreciate you trying to convey what you believe is best for everyone and I am sure I, as many others, will benefit from that. I can see the truth in your words (as in everywhere, no? )

Also, something else strikes me with this. It all comes down to the same old advice, no matter how it is worded or the many subtelties and cruxes that different systems put to it. It is all about love, and compassion, and heart, and giving, etc. It all comes back to simple truths that every child knows, like: the truth is in your heart. Funny how enlightened beings still strive to put truth into words and argue by citing old prophesies or other ancient mystics and still, when it comes down to it, truth has no words. The only place where we can find it is within ourselves. Or so it seems.

So, to summarise in a very scientific way () it seems that:

- truth cannot been put into words;
- truth can only be experienced in ourselves;
- no matter what path or practices we chose we will always know it in the end, if we want it to (this is probably more like a personal believe than an actual reality but I like it ).

Furthermore, it is great to know there are so many practices and approaches out there that promise to take us there! It is a great blessing and I am very thankful. We can choose!

Well, that puts me at rest . I now try to live a happy life, doing what I feel is right, and enjoying the ride (what else is there to do?). May true love be with all of you! THANK YOU!!!
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  12:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There's a big distortion in the way you see yourself relative to others, mysticseeker. That is the real root of these apparent disagreements here.

Try not to waste top much forum on this, folks.

Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  12:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

themysticseeker,

I would have to say, that I'm probably more in the Theravada camp. Enlightenment is relatively sudden, because when you say "that's it." That's it. I'll look at the book. I love reading. I started with Tibetan Buddhism, but found it off the mark. I don't think I see the rainbow body as they do. I don't see it as a dharmakaya. I see all realms as illusory.

I agree with you that enlightenment is sudden and complete.

You are not understanding the path at all though.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  4:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
TMS thank you for sharing your perspective and experiences.

Experiences are wonderful and can completely change our perspectives on life but they are also fleeting moments in time that quickly fade into the past. Considering that reality flows ever on in the Now, the instant we try to hold on to a past experience no matter how profound, we limit our understanding of the infinite ever-changing here and now. We try to fit everything into a framework of understanding based on a past experience which limits our ability to be open, flexible, completely drink in the now and effectively communicate our unique perspective to others.

By always learning rather than have learned, by always seeing rather than have seen, by being open to all the possibilities rather than any one experience, we can go from past glimpses to a perpetual state of interconnected being.

Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  5:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful post and reminder Anthem.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  5:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

TMS thank you for sharing your perspective and experiences.

Experiences are wonderful and can completely change our perspectives on life but they are also fleeting moments in time that quickly fade into the past. Considering that reality flows ever on in the Now, the instant we try to hold on to a past experience no matter how profound, we limit our understanding of the infinite ever-changing here and now. We try to fit everything into a framework of understanding based on a past experience which limits our ability to be open, flexible, completely drink in the now and effectively communicate our unique perspective to others.

By always learning rather than have learned, by always seeing rather than have seen, by being open to all the possibilities rather than any one experience, we can go from past glimpses to a perpetual state of interconnected being.

You are wise.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  5:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

themysticseeker,

I agree with you that enlightenment is sudden and complete.

I read the Heartdrops book. It's good.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  5:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife

Hi. I am speaking from a begginer's point of view (in the "spiritual path"). It is fascinating being able to witness what I considered great people that have seen the truth or glimpses of the truth discussing. But I couldn't help but wonder about a few things.

First of all I wanted to reply because of what Yogani wrote:

quote:
Despair is the fruit of a path based on the intellectual gymnastics of nothingness. There are many here who can verify that.

I can confirm this. I have never been a formal seeker but somehow (it is my nature) I have always been an obstinate seeker of truth. I just did it everywhere, anywhere, always. I was born like this. Especially when alone I would love to dive into the nothingness of it all, the black hole inside. I almost had an inate mission to destroy myself, all my thoughts, my body, all illusions. Nothing seemed real to me, reality was very flexible and permeable. "What is the meaning of this?" This is the sense I was born with, or so it seems, I had never heard of yoga or any "spiritual path" and would not for many years, until recentely. But still, I almost detroyed myself because of this approach, whcih I now consider as very similar to an agressive destruction of the self, maybe an advaita kind of practice, but I don't want to put labels to it, or ofend any tradition! (that is the difficulty with the "truth" and words that seems to be happening here). What I do know is that it was not a balanced harmonious loving approach, but a destructive one. Maybe effective, but not pleaseant. It sure did not take me to pleaseant shores. And now I see the "path" can be smoother and pleaseant and gradual. Thanks AYP for letting me see that.

YogaIsLife, Haribol! Thank you for this kind post. I would like to offer this gift as amends to Yogani who believe I'm intolerant and for others who think I discussing the path of despair and others who think I'm living in words not teaching. This is not the path of nothingness or the dark hole inside of you that wishes to destroy you:

Please see http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4817 where I discuss the selfless path of love and kindness to yourself, and from yourself to the world.

Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  5:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

... I flew into outer space ... and I led many people to join ... it ...

Ah...

TMS

Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  5:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi TMS:

The guru is in you.

You are right, Yoganiji. Forgive me. I held on to my view, and my view was not worth holding onto. No view is. I'm sorry I disturbed your people. My peace has returned. Thank you.

Ah...

TMS
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  6:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by themysticseeker

[quote]Originally posted by alwayson

Care to elaborate on the understanding of Dzogchen path and the rainbow body?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  7:16:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

... I flew into outer space ... and I led many people into depravity ... Patanjali is a relatively minor figure ... I'm not alone here. There are many of us who are going to join ... If you do, you will suffer for it ...

Ah...

TMS

This is evil hehehe, but it's funny.

we all have our own opinions and it's nice to be a bit open minded about other stuff.

i respect you TMS for your last reply toward yogani, that's a humble gesture. (you've let go i see)

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  02:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

One elaboration I would like to make is that Omniscience/All-knowing is the goal, not just self-lessness. Buddhas can read your thoughts, know all of the past, all of the future, can send out emanation bodies etc etc. THAT is the final goal.

Self-lessness is the fundamental step towards this and is the primary basis for omniscience rising, but is not the final goal. (But also emptiness IS the final goal because omniscience is the dharmakaya which is the mindstream. Everyone's mindstream is already Buddha...honestly )

My understanding is that Omniscience/Knowledge automatically arises when the body is "purified" so to speak through mahamudra (buddist kundalini) or through thogal or preferably both...

When you raise kundalini to its full....and I know of only ONE person who has done it, no matter how many people claim to have done it on the internet....you get a special light body that grows out of your chakras which hangs around until you merge with it at death. This is confirmed by Mahamudra and also that one person. My understanding is that they can also continue to raise kundalini repeatedly to also obtain the traditional rainbow body.

Now thogal supposedly takes one to rainbow body directly and I guess without that second "backup" light body that grows out of the chakras.

Another point I want to clear up is if someone had the Great Transfer light body, they would look totally normal, but they would cast no shadow, and your hand would go right through them...assuming they wish to remain to be seen by humans, which is rare. There are some Buddist and Bon figures who have done this.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  12:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

One elaboration I would like to make is that Omniscience/All-knowing is the goal, not just self-lessness. Buddhas can read your thoughts, know all of the past, all of the future, can send out emanation bodies etc etc. THAT is the final goal.

Self-lessness is the fundamental step towards this and is the primary basis for omniscience rising, but is not the final goal. (But also emptiness IS the final goal because omniscience is the dharmakaya which is the mindstream. Everyone's mindstream is already Buddha...honestly )

My understanding is that Omniscience/Knowledge automatically arises when the body is "purified" so to speak through mahamudra (buddist kundalini) or through thogal or preferably both...

When you raise kundalini to its full....and I know of only ONE person who has done it, no matter how many people claim to have done it on the internet....you get a special light body that grows out of your chakras which hangs around until you merge with it at death. This is confirmed by Mahamudra and also that one person. My understanding is that they can also continue to raise kundalini repeatedly to also obtain the traditional rainbow body.

Now thogal supposedly takes one to rainbow body directly and I guess without that second "backup" light body that grows out of the chakras.

Another point I want to clear up is if someone had the Great Transfer light body, they would look totally normal, but they would cast no shadow, and your hand would go right through them...assuming they wish to remain to be seen by humans, which is rare. There are some Buddist and Bon figures who have done this.

Hi Alwayson,

Now we're talkin'. What is emptiness other than the source of knowing? What is selflessness other than the highest knowledge? Doesn't knowing these result in omniscience? Omniscience is not the goal but the side effect of nirvana.

Wait a minute... Didn't the Buddha say he would not be reborn? Why would the Buddha say the goal is not to be reborn and yet say that the final goal was to be reborn as an emanation?

Are you sure your desire of omniscience, psychic and spiritual power is a selfless wish? Nirvana is the final goal, the cessation of desire and self; it is perfect peace. The siddhis you speak of are side-effects, scenery as Yogani says it.

Well I guess you if want to turn into a spirit you will. Then, I won't be able to hug you; for your benefit, I won't be able to slap you either.

BTW, I read all Dzogchen literature available and sat through a week of lectures and an initiation by Chogyal Namkai Norbu. I am a member of Dzogchen West Coast. Dzogchen has had a profound influence on my understand of the path. I am extremely grateful to the Dzogchen masters and the Bon masters.

They allowed me to realize something extremely profound: we are already in a self-perfected state. The Buddha says it too, but among the Yoga Tantra group, this message is lost. We strive after the transcendent. Dzogchen reminds us that it's right here.

However, I must contend that the light body is not the goal, nirvana is. Not being reborn is not being reborn as a light body or dwelling with deities. The light body is another thing to let go of. That's my view.

Then again, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Respect and blessings,

HA!

TMS
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000