Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Siddha Yoga Shaktipat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  10:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,
I have found out that Siddha Yoga foundation is offering a global Shaktipat Intensive program this year on 18th of October (http://www.siddhayoga.org). I'm just wondering if anyone here has attended Siddha yoga Shaktipat and what seemed to be the benefits and consequences? Also I'd like to know if it's a full scale shaktipat that gets one straight to enlightenment or is it something more along the line of a powerful group meditation?

I should note that I'm aware that shaktipat is not a requirement for enlightenment and also that AYP practices are perfect for progressing towards it. At the same time I'm wondering if a shaktipat could give one a leap ahead.
I appreciate your comments.

Edited by - Emil on Sep 18 2008 11:00:48 AM

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  11:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil,

I received shaktipat in 1990 from Shri Anandi Ma (who was then named Asha Ma). I have not experienced the shaktipat offered by the Siddha Yoga foundation, but I assure you that the shaktipat I received from Shri Anandi Ma permanently awakened my kundalini and accelerated my spiritual evolution.

Namaste,
Suryakant

Edited by - Suryakant on Sep 18 2008 11:35:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  1:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil:

I rec'd Shaktipat from Swami Muktananda at an intensive a while back. Yes, I saw the blue bindu and all that stuff. I previously had a Kundalini awakening before that and a lot of freaky experiences.
I was also initiated by the late Swami Harihariananda (of Kriya Yoga) too. And, the last one was Master Mantak Chia of Taoist Yoga.

My two cents on Shaktipat and enlightenment: It couldn't hurt, but there are no shortcuts. In the literature you read about people being initiated and next thing you know, they are awakened. I'm sure these people were extraordinary and just needed a slight push from an external guru (which just brings you back to the internal one).

BTW, the greatest experience is sitting down and closing the eyes and finding out there is no difference.

Go to Top of Page

Michael Beloved

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  8:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Beloved's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shaktipat could give someone someone a leap ahead. That would depend on the type of energy transmitted in the shaktipat infusion, as well as the quantity of resistance in the psyche of the recipient.
For lasting effect, there should be a sustaining energy in the shaktipat, such that the recipient would take up and continue whatever austerities or practice is required to harbor the direction in which the shaktipat influences that person to progress into.
Shaktipat is both a group experience and an individual experience. For that matter one person in a group of persons may feel no shaktipat infusion, while the other may attest to it.and each of the others might describe their experience as being different to many others who were present.
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  03:47:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Emil

I was in Siddha Yoga time ago, and I have found out that is more like a group meditation, very powerful indeed. Shaktipat brings up blissful states, also ecstasy and connection with the divine world. There are a lot of benefits including the Siddhis. In my opinion I have found out that the K energy is more powerful and attains more rapidly to enligthenment. I have advanced more here in this site (AYP)
than all the years in the Siddha Yoga or Jhanas.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Emil

Hi all,
I have found out that Siddha Yoga foundation is offering a global Shaktipat Intensive program this year on 18th of October (http://www.siddhayoga.org). I'm just wondering if anyone here has attended Siddha yoga Shaktipat and what seemed to be the benefits and consequences? Also I'd like to know if it's a full scale shaktipat that gets one straight to enlightenment or is it something more along the line of a powerful group meditation?

I should note that I'm aware that shaktipat is not a requirement for enlightenment and also that AYP practices are perfect for progressing towards it. At the same time I'm wondering if a shaktipat could give one a leap ahead.
I appreciate your comments.

Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  11:58:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neli and Jo,
Do you guys think that I'd need to change my Mantra to "Om Nama Shivaya" in order to get the shaktipat? I asked this from two Siddha Yoga meditation teachers and they had no idea!
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  10:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Neli and Jo,
Do you guys think that I'd need to change my Mantra to "Om Nama Shivaya" in order to get the shaktipat? I asked this from two Siddha Yoga meditation teachers and they had no idea!

Definitely not. Its ok to chant it and all, but when you go home, its best to follow your own path and practice. Shaktipat has nothing to do with what you do, its supposed to be Grace. Ultimately, it all comes from God, I doubt he puts restrictions on stuff.

----
Peace
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  02:03:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

If your teachers do not know the answer to your simple question, well you'll not go very far through Shaktipat or Siddha Maha Yoga path with them. For a mantra to work, it needs to be animated by a proper guru so it is totally worthless changing a mantra by yourself to get shaktipat. See for example p 38-39 of the book "Yoga Vani" written by Swami Shankar Purushottam Tirth which expounds more on this. Albert
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  12:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I agree with Albert on this.Simply changing a mantra does not give the same effect in my experience. I am surprised that you are expected to change mantra simply to receive shaktipat.No shaktipat will get you straight to enlightenement unless one is fortunate to be at the correct place on the path for this to happen. I have heard of it happening but only on rare occasions.Normally when you receive shaktipat the siddha guru gives you a mantra at this time.Not all are given the same mantra, it can vary depending on what they believe you require.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  7:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Emil

I don't think that you need to change your mantra, just wait, its a good mantra, a real one, I used it for a long time, and it really worked on me. Baba Muktananda had another one also, that he prefered the most. What is for you Shaktipat ? and for others ? State of Grace or connection with the divinity ? or is it the same thing ?

Neli

quote:

Hi Neli and Jo,

Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  03:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,
The way the shaktipat happens in Siddha yoga world is: on a certain day you attend a long session of chanting and meditation in Siddha Yoga meditation center and in that session the guru will give everyone the shaktipat at the same time and from distance. The guru is not present in the meditation center.

The mantra they give you to chant is "Om Nama Shivaya" which apparently doesn't work very well me for me. I have a mantra which I've had for a a few years and that gets me to inner silence very quick. So I prefer to use my old mantra but I'm also afraid that it might make me miss on the shaktipat if the mantra is what connects me to the guru and other meditators on the shaktipat day.

Neli, which mantra you're refering to?
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  11:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Emil

I used a long time the Om Nama Shivaya, but time ago, not now, and it worked very well, though I think this mantra is to chant out loud and in groups, if you meditate alone, is better to have another one, like the I AM, (chanted in the mind)or the OM Shanti, like chanted by Guru Dattatreya, I still use the last one, is a strong one, at least for me, and makes the energy of Shakti move so rapid. But if you want to receive the Shaktipat, have an intensive of the Siddha Yoga. it really works.

Neli

quote:

Hi guys,
The way the shaktipat happens in Siddha yoga world is: on a certain day you attend a long session of chanting and meditation in Siddha Yoga meditation center and in that session the guru will give everyone the shaktipat at the same time and from distance. The guru is not present in the meditation center.

The mantra they give you to chant is "Om Nama Shivaya" which apparently doesn't work very well me for me. I have a mantra which I've had for a a few years and that gets me to inner silence very quick. So I prefer to use my old mantra but I'm also afraid that it might make me miss on the shaktipat if the mantra is what connects me to the guru and other meditators on the shaktipat day.

Neli, which mantra you're refering to?

Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  03:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Regarding Siddha yoga shaktipat, I am little confused after reading Swami Muktananda's book . As what Gopi Krishna describes kundalini is when his inner vision to his nadis is always ON, which is the accurate reality of a fully awakened kundalini. Whereas Swami Muktananda (at least in the book I read) doesn't talk about anywhere in the book about the body inner vision turned on and goes on talking about the blue pearl and blue person and so on.

Swami Muktananda was a student of Kundalini Maha yoga.

Are the results of these two paths are different?

As I have read somewhere that some paths do not go for full kundalini awakening but follows different routes to enlightenment like Zen etc.

Probably Dave and Suryakant and anyone who knows can help us understand that the results of these paths (path of Gopi krishna and Kundalini Maha yoga) are different? or they both reach the same kind of full kundalini awakening (with inner vision always ON showing us the physical and subtle nadis and chakras). I personally am very thankful for your reply.

kindest regards from my heart

Edited by - arzkiyahai on Oct 02 2008 11:15:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  10:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have read Gopi Krishna's story. At present I do not have sufficient knowledge to offer a fully-informed opinion regarding Gopi Krishna's experience.
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  11:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are three ways to awaken kundalini 1) through penance (own's effort as in yoga) 2) through shaktipat from an authentic guru 3) God's grace or chance (at birth, by dream, gained from previous life activation)

Gopi Krishna was in case 1

I've not read Swami Muktananda book but he was helped by Tirth lineage via animated book "yoga vani" written by Swami Shankar Purushottam so I would say case 2 or 3

Personally, I feel world wide shaktipat, group shaktipat, this is not real siddha maha yoga as I've been taught by Tirth lineage

It would great to have Riptiz clarify because I don't reach his feet on this subject

In Shakti, Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Oct 02 2008 11:53:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  01:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Albert,
From what I've heard in Siddha Yoga, Swami Muktananda was a case 2 and received his shaktipat from Bhagawan Nityananda.

Edited by - Emil on Oct 03 2008 01:30:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  10:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
Well Albert I am sure you reach my feet, we are all simply heading for the same direction hopefully and I don't claim to be further on than anyone else but thanks anyway.
Reading through this thread again brings up new thoughts for me.
[quoteThe mantra they give you to chant is "Om Nama Shivaya" which apparently doesn't work very well me for me.][/quote]
Incorrect Emil, it simply gives different or no apparent scenery as it's a different design to what you are used to.All mantras will give effect and the siddha mantras give more effect, which is why it is deemed unnecessary to use samyama practice in KMY.
Shaktipat is not a requirement for enlightenment but it does give (if done correctly)a safe awakening without many of the side effects that others(including ones on here)have and do suffer.It also gives a boost to your spiritual progress. Unfortunately many do not have access to genuine shaktipat or choose to take another route.
I have read 'interview with a yogi'( i think it's correct title) which was written about Swami Muktananda and is a very good read but I have only read a little about Gopi Krishna.
The Blue pearl is not a preresiquite or actually experienced by all, it was simply an observation of Swami Muktanadas experiences as was the experiences of Gopi Krishna.In that list you can include myself, yourself and anyone else who experiences life.I have no need to convince my students or anyone else of my experiences because their own experiences validate themselves.One of the reasons that guru's tell disciples not to discuss with other disciples of their experiences is that it is all too easy to get hung up on what has happened to others and think that you are 'doing it wrong.'
All of our experiences are different and this includes enlightenment.There are also different levels of enlightenment so how can one judge if it is correct?
Each one of us will receive different siddhis, although I do believe one can cultivate the ones you 'desire'.OUCH!This is also the same for siddhis one gains in enlightenment.My guru has siddhi of mantra simply because he is relentless with japa and has done a colossal amount of japa for many years.My teacher can read anothers personality anywhere in the world in seconds.
A fellow disciple can see anothers energy system in meditation anywhere in the world.Gopi Krishna could see the nadis shining through. Me? Well I'm not bad with a paintbrush when decorating the walls.LOL
As for being genuine shaktipat with Siddha Yoga. From experience I doubt if it is full shaktipat simply because the energy needed from the guru would be enormous. In Jan08 Guruji gave shaktipat to 500 people in 1 hr and was extremely tired from the energy drain.To give to many more around the world at the same time would be nigh on impossible I believe.
BTW kundalini can also be awakened by dance,martial arts, drugs and alcohol or a strike to the base of the spine. Unfortunately Gopi Krishna used meditation on the crown and ruined his life for around 15 yrs.He then spent the rest of his life researching the experience.
L&L
Dave

Edited by - riptiz on Oct 03 2008 10:54:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  08:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi riptiz,
Thanks for your comment. I have a tone of questions. I know that "Om Nama Shivaya" would work if I give it time.. But it sounds like it works more on energy/kundalini rather than inner silence.. is that right? and is that because of the OM component?
My other question would be how does guru's energy find me? Does the guru use my name for getting to me or does he/she pay ashram a spiritual visit? Would it work if I'm using a different mantra?
I appreciate your help.
Emil
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  5:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil,
The guru's energy will reach you by intent. It is simple enough to do,it only requires the guru to project his energy by intent to all that are included in the shaktipat program.Mantra will make no difference , it is intent that determines the outcome.
Om is the bija mantra for ajna and crown so I am not sure if it makes a difference to inner silence compared to energy as I believe they are inseparable.Mantras give energy for purification and also lead to inner silence.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  01:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
Just wanted to add this as a note to the end of this thread for people who happen to read it in the future.

I finally did go through the Siddha Yoga Shaktipat session. It happened with guru not present at the meditation center and the result is hard to describe. It certainly was beneficial and much more powerful than a normal group meditation. I didn't see the blue bindu and stuff and had no super normal experience. Yet I feel that my sushumna has been cleared to some extent and there is some natural flow of energy through my sushumna which did not happen prior to the shaktipat session.

I also feel it's somehow easier for me to take on more powerful practices like Yoni mudra and Bastrika without too much energy excess. I'm not any more ecstatic or blissful than I was before. However I feel lighter, more relaxed and have less anger in me which is a good thing.

To sum it all, it was quite subtle but powerful at the same time. I went to the shaktipat intensive with the hope that it would act as a shortcut to enlightenment. It proved to be a shortcut not straight to enlightenment but just a shortcut along the way. Perhaps a push to further accelerate and not a replacement for daily practices.

I strongly recommend Siddha Yoga Shaktipat Intensive to anyone who feels the need for a boost.

Thank you all for participating in this thread.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  07:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everybody,

I read somewhere that when kundalini reaches Manipura chakra, all ailments that one has, acute and chronic, start disappearing, and as the K rises further, all ailments are permanently cleared away. Is this true ? Has any member experienced this? Would be grateful for sharing such experience.
Go to Top of Page

elgadaniel

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2014 :  01:02:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I lived with Muktananda for 3 summers in a row.........

You do not need to adapt any mantra, guru, or pay anybody a dime.......

The group meditations & chanting are very powerful..............

You can receive shaktipat simply by participating in the various group sessions at the ashram, without paying a cent......

The mantra used didn't seem to matter..........

Shaktipat is very contagious..........

You can get it from many individuals...............It is very overrated...... One still has a tremendous amount of work ahead....

It is easy to go too fast & crash..............

Much harder to go slowly moderately & very fast in the long run.......

The best benefits come from a lack of fireworks & leaps.....

i recommend that you avoid skaktipat & gurus completely,
for too many reasons.........
Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2017 :  6:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I’ve attended 3 starting in 2014. Gurumayi is not present but the powerful Shakti energy permeates the entire building.

I actually started feeling that powerful Shakti energy the moment I registered online. It felt like angry buzzing bees lighting me on fire the first time I signed up.

Not sure how this energy transference is done, but from what I understand it’s simply the will of the Guru.

Baba Muktananda also made 2 meditation caves that feels like an energetic pressure cooker from what I’ve heard.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2017 :  2:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000