AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Black Diamond - Death Star
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  3:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just some chatting here in the evening over a cup of tea about some of my latest scenery... Just wondering if anyone has ever seen anything like it or have heard about it?

During tantra I have had a vision of a huge Black Diamond. I know diamonds are not black, but this one is! It's not symmetrical or fine shaped. Just a big raw diamond, very dense. A black diamond shining in front of a black background... Gave me a feeling of deep awe and wonder. Then it dawned on me... that what I saw was the Death Star... When that hit me I got the most powerful energetic surge and was quite shaky afterwards. It sort of was present in my "field", behind me on my left side, for a couple of days. I just have to think about it now to get "contact" again.

The only resemblance I can find is the Death Star in Star Wars... That's the sort of feeling I got from it.

Anyone recognize it

There has been a lot of death around me lately, as if it's slowly creeping on me... That it's time to die...

As a result after that scenery I have had a markedly increased crown activity and totally new sensations during meditation.

/Luke

Edited by - emc on Aug 10 2008 3:41:51 PM

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  6:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its funny how we can get thrown off track...

With me its albino archdemons and vast landscapes...

Its not your time to go by the way either...

Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  10:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This definitely sounds like a Tibetan_Ice question!

TI, any thoughts?

namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  01:08:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if I'm thrown off track, mahabaratara. What do you mean by that? And by the way, I truly wish it's 'my' time to go... I can't wait!!!

Yes, could be a T_I question. Could also be something like "The eye", the cold wind in the face, the star etc, which several people see/sense and seems to be common at some stage... From my point of view I never know what is "my own not very special visions" and what is told about in all the books and commonly experienced, as some things actually are... So when I throw out a question like this, it's only to see if it's a common thing or not.

Edited by - emc on Aug 11 2008 01:10:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  4:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting experience, emc. You sure have a unique way of describing things

When the Death Star is looming, do you experience fear or any other "dark" experiences?

I read somewhere that the Death Star represents our greatest fear, and in order to face it we must leave everything behind and face it alone (as Luke left his friends and world behind to face it). To me, that whole sequence resembles the "dark night of the soul". As Luke approaches the Death Star, all of his support gets eliminated, and he has to rely on his inner power to destroy the thing.

I've never experienced this Black Diamond/Death Star phenomenon you speak of.... but then again, I don't get a lot of scenery to begin with...

Peace + Love
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  5:18:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I immediately got tears in my eyes when I read your post, cosmic... I think you nailed something there... I don't experience fear as I have known fear from my life. Definitely no "dark" experiences... But there's some seriousity and greatness about it that brings the greatest respect. Perhaps if I went into it more it could grow to fear? I don't know. What brings tears to my eyes when reading your post is this part:

"we must leave everything behind and face it alone (as Luke left his friends and world behind to face it)"

I strongly feel it's only between me and it... I'm alone there.

Actually, the feeling while seeing it/being with it was kind of loving, but afterwards... I shivered and felt a buzz go through every cell in my body. That's the feeling I've had later on during meditation. Whenever the mantra comes, there's this buzz going through every cell from top to bottom. I can litteraly feel every cell in my body... As if something is integrating very quickly in the body system.

Thank you cosmic! I haven't gotten into that concept "dark night of the soul" but I think it might be time to do that... It has been mentioned a lot recently... Thank you very much! You must be very intuitive and open!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  7:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Keep in mind the feeling you are going to die may not be your physical body at all. You know, ego death, born again blah blah.
Also, in the analogy of the death star, it was a threat to everything good, and the destruction of it was a positive thing. So you may represent both sides of that conflict symbolically, both the fear of death from the death star, and fear of death by those within the death star.
May the force be with you.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  01:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Obi...

Actually, I have never assumed it has got anything to do with the death of my physical body...

Good and bad are both to be destroyed... What came to me yesterday was that it was my 'father' (as a symbol for God) all along... (as when Luke realizes Darth Vader is his father). The darkness I've faught was created by my very father/Creator - thus from a loving force!

The metaphore is perhaps halting a bit and don't go all the way through, but it'll show in time what it is. Thank you for all your input!
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  03:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the kind acknowledgment, emc

I'm glad to know the Death Star is more loving in real life than it is in the movies
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  06:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc

You might find it interesting to read the link below.

http://www.ahalmaas.com/Glossary/b/...k_latifa.htm
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  07:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! =) That's it! So it was mentioned somewhere then... Thank you for finding that link!

quote:
So the Black diamond when it functions as part of the Diamond Guidance, gives it the capacity to cut through all the way to the Absolute. Then our consciousness is that stillness and silence that is clear, objective, exquisitely precise, and sharp. There is a sense of silent knowledge and mysterious power, a settled sufficiency, and an unspeakable contentment. This Diamond reminds us of the Absolute itself, as if the Absolute had condensed and formed itself into a Diamond. The blackness is so black that it glimmers and shines. There is a sense of majesty, awe, and mystery.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  07:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, this is it

May you shine forever.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  6:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure you are beyond this by now, but on the subject of darkness coming from your father:
I think a lot of people experience this, and the first reaction is to blame him.
But on deep examination you will find he was passed this darkness from someone, probably
his father, and it goes WAY back.
So a more positive reaction is to rejoice that you are the one to finally break this
chain and save your future descendents from this darkness.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  03:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Etherfish, I have missed this last post of yours. Thank you, it's beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  03:13:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello there emc, i saw the star as well once and it was a beautiful site to behold.

i don't remember if i experienced it's vision during deep meditation or spinal breathing pranayama but it was sweet and peaceful (beautiful) but felt like something normal when it happens it didn't feel like a big thingy like the usual peak experiences i go through now and then.

thk you for opening this post.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

apachechief

Ireland
65 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  08:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit apachechief's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Black diamond does actually exist in nature and is very rare and expensive. Here's a brief note on its mythology:

"Since antiquity, myth and mysteries surround this stone. In ancient Indian mythology, this stone that appear like the eyes of serpent was believed to be dedicated to Yama, the God of death. On the contrary, in ancient Italy, a black diamond was regarded as the stone of reconciliation. It was believed that touch of black diamond has the power of patching up all misunderstandings between the warring couples."
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  10:32:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ananda and apachief, thanks for your input.

I'd love to get hold of one of those real black diamonds...
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  2:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha, just adding one of those everyday synchronicities that happens nowadays:

I packed my suitcase for the retreat on Fiji, and I grabbed a small backpack to use for handluggage, a ski bag I bought years ago. When I arrived at the airport I caught a glimpse at the backpack I had chosen, and saw that the brand name was:

Black Diamond!

(<--- Black diamond with the infinity sign on it)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000