AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 The Form
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  5:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I feel inclined to report a bit on my other "practice" I perform now and then, more to bring others to openings than myself: The Form from Bernie Prior

The reason I choose to tell more about it now is due to experiences during the festival I just came home from! There were some people there who know The Form and we said "Oh, we should do The Form" but it didn't seem to be enough time. Then the two last days, Peruquois (former partner to Bernie Prior), had morning sessions doing a part of The Form. I directly went there. What amazed me was to see and hear the reactions from the other participants who had never tried The Form before. Serious practitioners of all types of practices got the most profound dive into the Stillness and was all astonished. They said "WOW - why haven't you had this earlier on the festival? I have never felt anything deeper in my life!!!" Not just a few, but many said something like that!

I made The Form later with a woman who almost couldn't speak afterwards... She just "oh.. oh...'d" for a long while afterwards and said "oh, so this is Home". It was very beautiful.

I felt I could just sit on the grass amongst others and start do some movements and the person in front would just immediately feel the Stillness coming down like a mat and bring peace and bliss...

Peru actually gave the Indian Yoga guru The Form one day, and a "seeing" person with an open third eye saw it and said she'd never seen anything like it! It was like a pillar of smoke coming out from the guy's head!

When I usually make The Form at home I have people getting the most fabulous experiences, but that's mostly "beginners". At the festival there were so many advanced practitioners I wouldn't guess they'd be very impressed, but they were!!! So, I thought I'd just share a bit what The Form is about.

I had an email conversation with Tibetan_Ice a while ago explaining it, and he gave me some very interesting feed-back! Thank you very much, T_I!!! With his permission I copy relevant parts of it here:

Tibetan_Ice

I found and watched this video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-95R9kJlA

- When you perform The Form, do you put the tongue on the palate?
- Do you also perform the root lock, mulabhanda or any kind of tensing in the lower charka areas?
- Do you control your breathing?
- Or do you just let go, connect to The Source and let it flow?

emc
I don't "do" The Form. The Form does you, whether you perform it, receive it or just watch it. It's an amazing tool to open up! It was after the retreat with Bernie last summer things started to happen. The Form is opening up the Source. No other strange energies of any type. Just the Source.

The Form is not feeling like any healing I've received, it does not feel like reiki, not like qi gong (which I practice)... It is not dragging energies around to fix your imbalances or anything like that. You actually go into some sort of open link to the Source and Stillness moves you - it's just as strong to sit on the chair, to do it or to watch it being done. The Form does itself. And during the Retreat Bernie explained more to us what every movement does. In the end you actually stand there dragging around The Whole Existence and The Whole Consciousness!!!! Since we're all One it becomes clear what the last movement is - for example: when I move my hand around in a circle I have just captured The Whole Manifested Universe inside of it! It's an allmightly feeling when you tap into it. So what the Form does to you is not (only) making you feel better... it twists your mind inside out, so instead of being a mind getting glimpses of spirit - you become spirit encapsulating your mind as it only is a small bubble of air! It doesn't do what kunlun does - starting off a lot of wild energies. It just widens your consciousness to realize Truth - really, really quick!!!!

- When you perform The Form, do you put the tongue on the palate?
No. When The Form starts you as a person, body and mind goes! There is only the movement and there is no focus on what the body does.

- Do you also perform the root lock, mulabhanda or any kind of tensing in the lower charka areas?

No

- Do you control your breathing?

No

- Or do you just let go, connect to The Source and let it flow?

Yes! =))) What you do is you just close your eyes and there might be lights or colours and patterns - that's the movement of the MIND you are seeing - but the background is always black. So you go into that blackness and just have your attention on the blackness and from there you go deeper, deeper and deeper. What may happen (only happened on a few occasions for me yet -cause I WANT too much still, so my mind goes in the way most often and closes the door ) is that you are pulled down into that blackness - like a whirling tube going faster and faster and endlessly - if you are scared then and hold on you wont fall further. If you are ready to let go... you *poof* out... into Divine Love and Truth and the deepest samadhi ever. No visions, tinglings or scenery whatsoever. The Nothingness. And When you open your eyes... It's all Oneness.

Tibetan_Ice:
It seems that you are entering nothingness. That is so interesting! The only text that I've read that is comparable to what you've indicated is from Samuel Sagan. Here it is:
quote:
Samuel Sagan

Meditation phase 4: awareness in the space

Remain in the eye, between the eyebrows.
Instead of focussing on the light itself and on its shining particles, become aware of the background of the light. The darkness or the purple light at the background of all the colours will give you the feeling of a space, extending in front of you.

The space may appear purple, dark blue, or even just dark. More than the colour it is the feeling of expanse that matters. Just remain aware in the space. Let yourself be absorbed in it. At this stage the throat friction can be decreased or even dropped. Start breathing with the friction again if the mind goes wandering with thoughts.

Meditation phase 5: spinning in the space

Start spinning into the space in front of you, spiralling forwards and clockwise, as if you were falling forwards into a tunnel.

Chapter 3 – Awakening the Third Eye

Spin as if you were caught in a vortex. The vortex is there, in the space, waiting for you. Do not try to make up a spiralling movement. Rather let yourself be caught by the vortex and carried by its natural motion. As you go on spinning, the qualities and colour of the space will sometimes change, as if you were projected into a completely different area. Just acknowledge the various feelings and continue with the vortex. From time to time, or even constantly if you wish, you may use the throat friction to amplify the vortex effect.

emc
Yes, the text of Sagan is describing the very same thing!

Peruquois explained it as: Just as Something comes out of Nothing when I sing, as tones... movements come out from Nothing during The Form...

That's what it is. It's very, very deep, and now I start to understand it's not only my experience, but that it may be much more profound than any of the practices offered at the festival (and that was as you can imagine the whole smorgasbord of spiritual practices from all over the world).

I had the most deep experience during The Form... with nature responding so lovely:

The last part of the form is bringing the hands together and move them towards the ajna, heart and belly respectively, as a budding lotus and then let the lotus open. When the first lotus flower opened at the ajna... my consciousness was like expanding first slowly around me in all directions, but the speed increased and *swooosh* it went out in all directions with infinite speed and just when that happened... raindrops suddenly hit the roof of the tent with great force! The lotus flowered by the heart and it was pretty calm, just lots of loving spreading and the rain stopped... Then the last lotus openened by the belly - the womb - and *swooosh* the expansion came again, now with the weirdest sensation I've ever had - a deep tickling inside the womb... which was infinite... absolutely non-explicable or able to grasp with the mind... and *kablam* the rain hit the roof again with great force!!!

I will offer Sparkle and Katrine a taster when I meet them in a few weeks, and I hope they can report back on their experiences with it!

Edited by - emc on Jul 14 2008 04:16:22 AM

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  10:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting report back of the form emc.

The first thing that came to mind when reading it was about the vibes of the person giving the form to others. This of course applies to any practice being given like that. so wondering what it is like for "ordinary joe soaps" who try it on their own or with other "ordinary joe soaps"

It would be brilliant if you would bring the form into the retreat on 29th July, there will be some fear around the "darkness" - however I think between yourself, Katrine and myself, we might pull it off

Looking forward to seeing you both
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  12:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you emc

I just watched the video (YouTube) mentioned above....
It made me cry.

No thoughts......just the crying.

Let's drop deep together

See you soon my friends

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  06:03:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sparkle, at the festival and on Bernie's workshops all types of persons just pair up and do it together - they all feel something deep going on! It doesn't matter so much who does it with whom. I got my deep experience described above when a woman who was pretty unaware and low in energy made it with me.

I've made it on a person who was very sceptical towards spirituality... She didn't feel much more than a deep relaxation for a couple of minutes... she thought, and then watched the clock... She had been drifting for an hour...

So The Form works from where the person is in it's own ways... Just as the mantra AYAM does...

Another interesting notion is from a film - they have made a documentary from the Swedish festival: "Three miles north of Molkom". See trailer:

http://www.threemilesnorthofmolkom.com/trailer.php

The Aussie who you see in the beginning was a total sceptic who just by coincidence found himself at the festival! He is followed in the film, and his turning point came... yes, of course... after having been on a workshop with Bernie and having tried The Form. He got so touched that his scepticism just vanished... In the film he explains how this "lotus thing just made him realize... blah blah"...

(The Russian/mongolian shaman you see in the film was the one I've mentioned in The Ocean-topic. Very powerful guy beneith the masquerade mumbo jumbo clothing... It's he who is singing the throat singing in the trailer also. Beautiful and very skilled in overtone singing.)

If you get a chance - see the film! It's really, really funny and beautiful! It has won several awards all over...

Katrine, yes... let's drop!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  4:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just thought I'd tell you all that I'm on my way to a 3 weeks retreat in Fiji with Bernie Prior, leaving on Thursday 9th. We will practice The Form and yoga and dive deep into the Stillness.

I will try to keep up the meditation this time, which I failed last summer on my first retreat ever - one week with Bernie. It will be an interesting exploration.

It's kind of weird, though. Everybody is envious of me going to a "paradise island", and I'm having the opposite view of Fiji. Since I don't like heat, sun - get eczemas and have to wear covering clothes and hats which increases heat, humidity, sweat, clothes sticking to the skin due to humidity and sweat, sand, salt water, happy nude beautiful people who celebrate and enjoy life together, mosquitos and sand flies that will bite on the eczemas and bring annoyance and pain, poisonous spiders, scorpions, snakes etc etc I'm NOT looking forward to it.

On the contrary...

- IF I ENJOY FIJI I KNOW I'M NOT IN MY MIND ANYLONGER!

So... that's the challenge for me. I'll give you a full report when I come home!

Ciao!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  4:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have a wonderful time, emc

Take good care of yourself.

It'll be great to hear your report when you come back.

Hej då gumman
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  4:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, Katrine!

Thanks!

You and several of the participants at the Ireland retreat got to try the Form. I believe most found it to be an interesting practice... and many felt the strength of it just being near when it was being shared. For me it was a pure joy to be able to share it and see that it touches most, but it different ways.

I'll have you all on AYP with me in my heart during the retreat!

Edited by - emc on Oct 07 2008 4:51:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  5:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I believe most found it to be an interesting practice... and many felt the strength of it just being near when it was being shared
Yes, very interesting all right, I fell asleep when you were doing it with Katrine and was snoring my head off - apparently - why did'nt someone give me a kick

Have a blast in Fiji emc
Love L
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  6:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are ever anywhere near emc - do not - I repeat: do not miss the chance of having her do the form on you. She is a natural at it. It is her thing, you see (Emc...you have heard about dharma, right?...)

It was a profound experience for me....I spiraled into this turkoise (turkis) space.....I can't even remember now.....other than the deepness of it.....an the clarity...and the colors....and the peace of it.

And I did definitely not hear Louis snore
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  6:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to try the form sometime!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  04:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it's not unusual to fall asleep when there's this heavy stillness coming... I'll have a blast, Louis! Thank you!

Thanks for your kind words, Katrine!

Scott, I have never tried to do it on distance, but I have been told that is possible. I don't know how strong the effect of it would be, though, but if we synchronized in time we could try, when I come home from Fiji!

Love to you all
emc
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  09:09:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure I will try it distance, keeping in mind that it may not be as good...enjoy Fiji!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  09:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy your trip emc.
It will be full of surprises I am sure.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  11:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have a great trip emc!

Also, thanks for sharing the form here, I have tried it since on someone and the recipient reported having some intense energy expereinces.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  08:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your greetings!

I'm on London airport now, heading for LA and then Fiji... The inner journey have already begun... I have spent 2 hours with a fantastic inner guru, guiding me by clear messages on how to keep present with all the circus around...

Relaxation... relax... relax... and... acceptance is quick... and screaming babies, heat, 3 portuguise football hooligans rocking the chair, no ear plugs and delays on top of that... no problems! Beautiful show!

Great to hear, anthem... did you just pick the movements up from the youtube video? That's interesting and means it could be spread much quicker than learning on Bernie's retreats! I'll give him a report on that and see what he says!

Love, emc
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  09:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes picked them up from the video, pretty straight forward, the inner direction took over and I went along for the ride.
Go to Top of Page

satyalok

12 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  5:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit satyalok's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This "Form" sounds very intriguing. Can you learn it just from video? Are there movements that you must do, or is it mostly spontaneous?

Sincerely,
Satyalok
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  02:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have checked with Bernie. You can tune into it and go with the energies, but you will miss the deeper understanding of it if you don't learn it from Bernie or authorized teacher. I hope I will become one...

Just popped in to say hello!

There's an enormous space here. People, mostly women, pop like popcorn! We are being reborn. There are women lying on the floor giving birth every day and come out as NEW women, and a man or two goes into the deep and are gone for some time, come back as NEW men. The transformation occurring is so rapid it's stunning.

I haven't had any deeper one's yet, but it's piling up. This body positions itself in the Indian Goddess pose when meeting Pure Male Consciousness. It's a bit frightning with the intensity... but only for the ego. Staying in stillness.. there's just peace... peace....

and love....

AUM

Love to you all, sacred beings!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  05:25:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to see you, Emc

Take care!

(I guess you are still at the retreat)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  08:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thought I'd present some pics from Fiji, just for fun. A Youtube video with some nice photos from the retreat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xTBLzr-n1c
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  10:01:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have the slightest who Bernie Prior is or what The Form is...but this thread has me interested. My heart was pounding as I read through this.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  10:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,

Check out Bernie Priors webpage www.bernieprior.org
There you can read more about The Form and his teachings. Also search Youtube and you will find some more videos with him. Unfortunately he hasn't written any books yet, but one is in preparation from what I've understood. He is also opening centers in more places over the world, expanding SHE Global project (Spiritual Human Evolution). He tours the States now and then, visiting New York in April I think, so check out his calendar for more info.

Satyalok, I'm sorry I missed your post with your questions!
quote:
This "Form" sounds very intriguing. Can you learn it just from video? Are there movements that you must do, or is it mostly spontaneous?

Obviously, as Anthem interestingly reports, you can get it started by watching how it is performed at the youtube video and mimic the movements. It's a determined set of movements in a specific order - like a dance you dance around the person - with specific meanings and effects of the movements. Takes about 12-15 minutes. The dance/movements occurs spontaneously in the right way and order when you "kick it off" and sink into it and surrender to the movements. Even when walking around the person you don't have to open your eyes to see where you are. You can totally trust you won't stumble on or touch the person and disturb him/her by mistake - it's stillness in action, moving you perfectly around if you let go and trust. The person on the chair just sits, relaxes and goes into the blackness.

A very good piece of music that is good to play during the dance is

"Requiem" by Nigel Shaw

Edited by - emc on Mar 15 2009 10:42:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

ThisIsTruth

41 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  4:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit ThisIsTruth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emc,Sparkle,Katrine,Shanti,Anthem11,satyalok,anthony574

OR I'M VERY STUPID OR Xxx - BUT WHAT IS THE FORM?
In this theme - I feel not comfortable.

Edited by - ThisIsTruth on Apr 24 2009 4:41:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  02:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ThisisTruth,

Thank you for asking. Have you been able to discover the links posted in the topic above? In the Youtubevideo you can watch The Form and hear Bernie explain it himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-95R9kJlA

If you go to his website you can read more and see more videos.

http://www.bernieprior.org/The+Form...ractice.html

Just as the Yoga asanas was "downloaded" by yogis, The Form was downloaded and "given" to Bernie some 20 years ago. Just as yoga asanas it's conscious movements, bringing you Home. When you do the practice (whether you move or receive or sit next to it) you end up in a very deep meditative state.

We were a couple of people who showed The Form at an alternative Expo in Stockholm a month ago. The bubble of Stillness that built up in our corner during two days - constantly doing The Form - was increadible! People just came over, like bees to a flower, and many had very deep experiences. What I thought was most interesting was that the whole bunch of people doing Deeksha came over to receive The Form and were very impressed and grateful! When I gave to one of them, it continued to flow afterwards, and my heart was just so open, I was kneeling in front of him, arms were stretched straight out to the sides, head falling backwards, and from the heart a huge storm of energy was flowing to his heart. He was jumping on the chair, crying and holding his heart and the whole place was just standing still as the transmission happened. He couldn't thank me enough afterwards. We had a line of people wanting to try it almost all the time... So, it's a powerful tool, no doubt!
Go to Top of Page

ThisIsTruth

41 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  3:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit ThisIsTruth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emc,

10x for the detailed explanation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000