AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Froth/foam
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  3:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Recently there has been a great production of froth/foam and I have been spitting it out a lot. This happens particularly when there's a lot of anger or negativity in a person near me. I feel it is a reluctance to swallow it, like it has to get out of me somehow. I interpret this as a form of cleansing of heavy energies that goes on through me, and that the biproduct is this dense white froth.

This has happened on occasions during the two years since the first awakening to spirituality, the first time when I was visiting a woman who was into heavy black magic. Then I spitted froth for 30 min afterwards.

Anyone recognizing this symptom and has any idea of if my interpretations is somewhat on the spot or not? I appreciate all comments.

(I have talked to Riptiz about this long ago and got some confirmation - if you have more to add now, please do.)

Edited by - emc on May 15 2008 3:50:00 PM

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  4:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can only tell you that when I first started meditating seriously I seemed to produce a lot of saliva, but that was during meditation, not at other times. This has since subsided. So, not sure if that relates to what you're experiencing.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  12:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, sorry. Not much saliva. White, dense (very small and many bubbles) foam, like froth. Not as dense as shaving foam, though. Yucky!

Edited by - emc on May 16 2008 12:53:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  12:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc.

Since this phenomenon is so far unique to you, (at least nobody has chimed in with a similar experience so far), what do you make of it?

What does it feel like on deeper levels?

Does it only happen when you are around persons of shady practices?
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  12:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As I mentioned above it happens first and foremost when I meet people with lots of problems - psychiatric problems, drug/alcohol abuse, severe depression etc. For example, I took a walk with a new aquaintance a couple of days ago. I didn't really think about it at first, just naturally spitted a few times - (that happens since I'm a bit sensitive to pollen and get some snot) - but then I found it disturbing that I spitted every 50 meters or so, and then I noticed it was this foam again... just small portions of it, spitting half a teaspoon everytime, but it was a constant production. I didn't feel anything in my energy sensations at all - no particular heavy energies or uncomfort. I didn't get an "empath" feeling all her problems or moods at all. I just got to know later during the afternoon that she had been on sick leave for a heavy depression for a long period. And when we left she felt so light and happy!

It also happens after an anger outburst at work, if students (who often carry lots and lots of heavy stuff) have been very negative and obnoxious, I usually have to go and spit foam a lot for a while afterwards.

It doesn't happen when I get mad or angry or negative myself.

The only explanation I've gotten is from my ex, who has been dealing quite a lot with the low frequent energies, and he explained it the way I did above... that there's some sort of biproduct from proper cleansing of heavy energies.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  1:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it must be an interesting experience.

At least there is no physical pain involved. Right?

I imagine it might be distracting.

Carry on
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  1:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc
I suppose you know that "foaming at the mouth" is an english expression normally associated with anger.

These are two joke sites you might have a laugh at

http://www.cafepress.com/illwillpress.13329941

http://yogadawg.blogspot.com/2008/0...ndalini.html
Extract:
"With the increase of people participating in the practice of Yoga, there has been a rise in the incidents of what is known as Kundalini Blockage. Symptoms of this condition include: sudden jitters, feelings of vertigo, foaming from the mouth, objects leaping off shelves or lights turning themselves on and off around the Yogi, a sudden lack of interest in shopping or even an urge to become an artist."
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  1:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL!!! Hahaha! I have to buy one of those pins!

Hey, it may be then, that I sort of "channel" their anger and gets the foam but not the anger... Or... gah... I don't want to believe this one: They spur MY anger, and I don't acknowledge it properly, but supress it, so the only signal is the foam??? Naaaaa... can't be that!

And hey, if they joke about it in relation to kundalini blockages... it MUST be a well-known phenomena, right??? Is it familiar to anyone?

Edited by - emc on May 16 2008 1:44:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  2:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

And hey, if they joke about it in relation to kundalini blockages... it MUST be a well-known phenomena, right??? Is it familiar to anyone?

Hi emc:

It is likely a symptom of inner energy moving, associated with purification -- not only your purification, but also of whomever you may be interacting with.

There are many stories about gurus undergoing symptoms associated with the purification of others. I am thinking of a woman guru of South India (now gone) who used to spit stuff out whenever her disciples were close by.

Like all symptoms of purification, this too will pass. Hopefully you will not have to wait for the entire planet to be purified. If so, you are on a great mission there -- to spit out all impurities everywhere!

We are all doing what we can to help out.

Don't forget to self-pace.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  3:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"We are all doing what we can to help out."

Jeez... some become beautiful singers, teachers, painters, athletes...

... I became... the spitter...

LOL!

I humbly accept my mission!

Thank you very much, Yogani!
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  10:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
by emc

"We are all doing what we can to help out."
I humbly accept my mission!

- humbly sounds just fine - don't rush it :-)

Anna-Stina Vrethammar has taught me the Monk cowl exercise, at a workshop. Each time you approach an environment (a shopping mall, for example... ;-) ,or sometimes even an individual, who's likely to deplete your own energy, you can visualize wearing a long cowl with a large hood, all of it with an impermeable silver coating on the inside, sealing off your energy from theirs. Just witness being there but don't let anything in; visualize all vibrations from the outside just boomeranging back. I use it very sparingly but strictly.
It's like ear plugs: if my body says it's unable to deal with the energy (acoustic or other), then why should I force it to - against both scientific and esoteric knowledge, just for the sake of social conventions (the cowl is hardly visible from outside anyway... :-)

Also, let's remeber that body and soul are one. Some people consume twice or thrice as much drinkwater as before, while awakening their Kundalini. Preferably fresh springwater (I use an extra filter for tap water, with magnetic treatment of water).
The Kundalini Tantra (satyananda) also suggests a reduced consumption of protein and an increase in cooked vegetables.

Many asanas speed up cleansing within the body, too (apart from classical tantric purifcation practices).
n'joy !
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  10:40:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Hathateacher. I learned that trick a while ago too and have used it at times. I never use it anylonger, though... cause... you see... I have a hard time differentiating between me an others nowadays. There are no "my energies" or "his/her energies". The clearing that occurs has got nothing to do with me or them as persons whatsoever. It's consciousness clearing itself, and if it happens through the vessel that emc occasionally thinks she's "in"... LOL!... then so be it. There are no energies of mine that can be depleted - there's always a constant fullness of energy where I am - it comes directly from the Source. There's no way I can be emptied . As long as I BELIEVED I had "my" energies and that there were some people that could be "using/stealing my energies" - THEN I could feel depleted, because energy goes where the mind goes if we are still in our minds.

The only times I have felt the need to "protect" myself from uncomfortable energies are when people - without asking if it's ok - start to burn off and "give" deeksha - forcing it on someone is hardly 'giving' IMHO. I get so nauseaus and ill that I have to leave the room. The trick you mention has not been sufficient to stop those energies. Very, very strange energies. I instinctively feel I have to get out of it quickly.

Edited by - emc on May 18 2008 10:40:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  4:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice.
(This B.t.W. might even explain why you found our mind mirroring a shopping mall, all of a sudden...)

My sis's energies are more like that but I (rarely) still succeed in persuading her to seal off from time to time. It's a little about the people and a lot about what they are manifesting in a particular place or moment. A zen do or a yoga shala feels very different from a shopping mall for example, although both can be visited by the same individuals the same day.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 23 2008 :  5:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it might explain why my mind is like a shopping mall at times...

I was down town tonight, Friday night, and I noticed I didn't get any foam at all. On the other hand, walking alone with a new aquaintance (who has just started to open up) in the forest caused foaming for 30 minutes. It seems as if the cleansing is very selective and only serves its purpose when people with some bhakti are present!!! Interesting. It's not cleaning kreti and pleti on the bus, tube, or in a restaurant for example! Phew! Good to discover! Thus, yet another reason not to worry about protection. Stillness makes the choices of when to clean - I can relax in faith, trust and compassion.

Edited by - emc on May 23 2008 5:34:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  4:08:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's even more selective! Went on a horse ride with a friend yesterday. We had a great time, no foaming, no spitting. Then she brought up a nasty conflict she has with another person, and directly the foaming started! As if it was to clear out that particular impurity between them. Otherwise she was fine and balanced.

Very interesting this thing...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000