AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The imagining mind
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  10:39:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Resting after meditation this morning, I start to “unattach” from it all, I am not this thought or that thought, this feeling or that feeling, nor this imagining or that imagining. I am none if it, just the very “isness” behind it all.

I watch my mind imagine myself into existence. I imagine that I am “I”, that I am me, that I need to breathe, that I am tired, that I need to eat, that I feel happy, sad, guilty, worried etc. Some imaginings are easy to see as not real, others are very strong and I am drawn to their “location” in the body, where I dwell with my attention and then experience that reality. Belief in the physical is just another imagining, albeit a powerful one, convincing, but just another thought. I am none of these thoughts or corresponding emotional reactions to these thoughts. My emotional reactions empower the thoughts, giving them momentum, bringing them to life.

I first observed this in my dreaming state, where the thought energy would come together and play out scenes for me to observe. Those scenes are born from my emotional reactions to reality as I resist or attach, I empower those scenes making them more real.

Right now I am hooked on the thought that I am tired, there is a location to it, I must dwell on it for it to seem true. It all feels very funny to believe any of it, but I do it everyday, seems like a condition to be here in this physical existence, there has to be a little “buy” in for all this to seem so real.

The very “isness” of my being is all that seems to be real, and even that I can’t find. The rest of what I thought was real falls away the more closely I examine it.

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  3:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aaaahhhhh! Lovely, Anthem! There's a pressure in the chest while reading it! Powerful, indeed! Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  05:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew, lovely post
quote:
I watch my mind imagine myself into existence.
I had this very experience coming out of resting after meditation the other day.
quote:
Belief in the physical is just another imagining, albeit a powerful one, convincing, but just another thought
I had trouble with this one.
When I imagined myself into existance, I saw the garden outside forming in my mind, the images came in and I went through a process of identification of the trees, the lawn, the table and chairs on the wooden deck (pop in for a cup of tea anytime you're over)
Then I felt my body and the solidity on the ground. Later I felt the hard steel of a railing and thought how can this be so solid that it hurts if I strike it.
So I thought of it all, as us living in this particular vibration which resonates at a frequency that is solid for objects also in that vibration.
so your observation "Belief in the physical is just another imagining, albeit a powerful one, convincing, but just another thought" challenged me.
Then I thought of Nithyananda and his teachings about the "here and now" and the "gap". That all thoughts are a process of moving from past to future and back and forth. In the gap between there is no thought.
And then I thought of my experiences of observing objects as if for the first time - seeing through the eyes of a small child, just looking, just experiencing. Then the only time the world comes into existance is when we start thinking it - and "therefore" it doesn't actually exist without thought - or does it??

I dunno, something tells me there is both going on. My internal seeing, sees objects as objects but like they are translucent, like they have form and also are spacious, like my hand could pass though everything and yet all is still there.
Don't know if that makes sense, but that's my take on it for the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  11:42:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis,

quote:
Then I thought of Nithyananda and his teachings about the "here and now" and the "gap". That all thoughts are a process of moving from past to future and back and forth. In the gap between there is no thought.

And then I thought of my experiences of observing objects as if for the first time - seeing through the eyes of a small child, just looking, just experiencing. Then the only time the world comes into existance is when we start thinking it - and "therefore" it doesn't actually exist without thought - or does it??

quote:

I dunno, something tells me there is both going on. My internal seeing, sees objects as objects but like they are translucent, like they have form and also are spacious, like my hand could pass though everything and yet all is still there.
Don't know if that makes sense, but that's my take on it for the moment

Great question, I think we are seeing it the same way. I don't know the answer either, my perception of reality extends only from my experience here (dwelling in this body) at the moment.

I know that I create the reality I experience, I have observed this many times from many different angles. As I lay in bed after meditation this morning, I realize that I am one without another and with this realization came temporary sadness until I realized that this "sadness" was yet just another bunch of thoughts that I had created about what I imagined it meant to be without another. So for a moment I was confused and thought that I was sad, turns out I was mistaken, I just am. Without that thought that I am sad, what is there? Just more pure being.

I realize that what I believe I am and that this belief becomes physical when I dwell “in” it with enough intensity. If I believe I hurt I do, if I believe I am tired, I am. Does it stop after only these two beliefs or can we keep going? If I believe I physically can or can't do something what happens? I think whatever it is we believe becomes true. Physical limits seem to “stretch” with changing beliefs, the 4 minute mile "barrier" for runners which seemed to evaporate once one person had past it, serves as a great example of this. So I wonder, where does it stop? We believe in the physical as irrefutable, so it is until we stop believing it.

So this is where my own "direct" perception ends at the moment, but my intuition says otherwise and keeps going. My heart says It is all one, all of creation, so as our witnessing is real, so it is with the physical world, it is all made up of the same essence, taking shape into varying forms. The physical body we inhabit is made of the same essence and energy as the forms we touch, so it is all one and the same, real and not real simultaneously. We are just experiencing our Self in different forms, so something must be real or how is it that we experience?

All this can be very confusing and cryptic sounding without direct experience, so we go back and meditate and live reality in between until we know without speculating.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000