AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 kechari mudra done by suffis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  4:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello guys just wanted to share this with you, there is a sect of the suffis here in the middle east that use kechari mudra for the same reasons we do and they are called the followers of the kaderiya way.

a friend of mine knows one of them who lives in egypt he told him that it makes direct contact between the heart and the third eye guess they don't know much about the pituary gland on the way but still this is amazing and it shows how much this practice is universal.

anyways they call the third the eye (aaiyn al basira) of seeing Úíä ÇáÈÕíÑÉ.

Namaste

Ananda

[Font reverted by moderator.]

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 09 2008 12:35:55 PM

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  8:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! I appreciate that little nugget of information about Kechari mudra. It's the first time I heard of being practiced by a muslim sect.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  9:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda, just wanted to say that it's really great to have the Sufi perspective here in the forum. Please don't ever stop posting!

In some ways Sufism is more yoga than yoga itself. I'll post more when I get some time...
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  01:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Ananda, please post more on sufism which is not very well known everywhere in the world!

Paix à votre pays qui souffre tant.

Amicalement, Albert
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  06:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Thanks! I appreciate that little nugget of information about Kechari mudra. It's the first time I heard of being practiced by a muslim sect.

hello david and thk u for dropping by and you're welcomed ofcourse and plus ketchari is kind of automatic for these people bcz there is a lot of purification happening in there nervous system but they give there tongue the push in the end.

but i'm gonna check more about it soon i'm gonna talk directly with that guy.

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 09 2008 12:36:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  06:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

Ananda, just wanted to say that it's really great to have the Sufi perspective here in the forum. Please don't ever stop posting!

In some ways Sufism is more yoga than yoga itself. I'll post more when I get some time...

hey jim like your user name a lot by the way it's catchy, and in some ways suffism is yoga as the same as yoga is in the far east except that the difference is in the use of mantras.

suffi's use praying a lot instead of mantra first they start with repeating something called the ward which is given directly by a sheikh and then after a period of 3 to 6 months they are wispered in there ears the divine name of god which they start using as mantra.

but the similarities are there in a big way they meditate and there is the practice of shakti and the imagination of light coming in and purifying ect.

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 09 2008 12:36:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  06:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by selfonlypath

Yes Ananda, please post more on sufism which is not very well known everywhere in the world!

Paix à votre pays qui souffre tant.

Amicalement, Albert

Bonjour Albert et ca me plaisir qu'il ya des personnes qui parle le francais ici mais je suis plus mieux en anglais :) et je fais des erreures dans les deux lolz.

and concerning suffism well i'm gonna post smthg about one whom i adore he's an enlightened fellow and there's a post about him on wikipedia i'm gonna post it here.

and the reason why this guy especialy, it's bcz he is a true advaita and he's one of the suffis who learned a great deal from india and shared there knowledge with the arab community.

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 09 2008 12:36:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  10:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda, the similarities of yoga to sufism deserve their own thread....I'll start one in a few days and hope you chime in!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  03:19:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sure will :).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000