Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Hey guys, any good books?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  9:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ok guys, I'm ready for another spiritual read. Now, I am interested in reading about these two topics. If you guys can recommend a book that covers one or the other or both than thanks :-)

1. I am interested in a book about yoga, the full span of it. Whether it is about the neurobiology, practice, or just in general. The only book I have read is Yoga and Psychotherapy by Swami Rama (great book!) and Yogani's books.

2. I am also interested in a book about Jesus. I have recently felt a draw towards him and am interested in learning more about his and his history. The thing is I don't get into Christianity and am interested in old school mystical Jesus.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendations :-)

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  6:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd recommend Osho's Book of Secrets, an extensive commentary on the Vijnana-Bhairava, the ancient Sanskrit Tantric document that describes 112 methods of attaining enlightenment.

You can read or listen to 63 meditations from the Book of Secrets Volume One here:
http://www.oshoworld.com/tantra_medi/index.asp

But I'd recommend buying the book (the one I own contains all 112 methods in one volume). If you read the book carefully and practice, your life will be changed.

Or, as Osho might say, "You will be no more."

aum namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  7:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,

Mystic Christianity by Yogi Ramacharaka.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  8:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574
2. I am also interested in a book about Jesus. I have recently felt a draw towards him and am interested in learning more about his and his history. The thing is I don't get into Christianity and am interested in old school mystical Jesus.

Sermon on the Mount According to Vedanta by Swami Prabhavananda
http://www.amazon.com/Sermon-Mount-...p/0874810507
Go to Top of Page

Godsproblem

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  10:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Godsproblem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in the process of following a recommendation on getting to know Jesus better that was given by Dr. Hawkins. I am transcribing the words Of Jesus, his words only, without the personal story/perceptions/contexts of the tellers, Saints Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, from the Lamsa Bible - New Testament. His words, set apart, speak differently to me. The Teacher and his teachings seem to me much more powerful, a significant and essential difference in some of the lessons has been revealed. Beautiful. I am falling more and more in Love with him.
Best wishes to you, brother.

Edited by - Godsproblem on Apr 06 2008 12:34:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  4:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I am also interested in a book about Jesus. I have recently felt a draw towards him and am interested in learning more about his and his history. The thing is I don't get into Christianity and am interested in old school mystical Jesus.
quote:

Hi anthony,

I recommend the "Gospel of Thomas" with commentary by Jean-Yves Leloup :

http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-Thomas...12441&sr=1-4

Also look up for the very inspiring "The mustard seed" by Osho which is a selected commentary of the same Gospel of Thomas.

http://www.amazon.com/Mustard-Seed-...12952&sr=1-1

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000