AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 A New Earth - Tolle's Free Online Classes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  12:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Earlier this year I started reading Eckhart Tolle's book A New Earth -- Awakening Your Life's Purpose. Good book.

I found out that Tolle is giving a series of 10 classes / discussions centered around the messages in that book starting March 3rd at 8 pm central US time.

The classes are free. They are online. For anyone who wants to participate.

The pre-requisite is that you have to go to Oprah's website, create a profile and join her free bookclub. Then you have to click a button to add your profile to the list of people who'll be allowed to watch the classes.
http://www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml

I did, so I can view the classes. Viewers can participate by asking Tolle questions. If you miss the original webcasts, the classes will be archived for you to watch later.

And I'm thinking if she can host on-line classes with Tolle, and get his book out there to millions via her book club, we should start working on getting her to read Yogani's meditation book. I'm planning on purchasing a copy and sending it to her / her producers with a note about Yogani.

light and love,
Kathy

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  1:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy,
If you let me know who and where to send the books and email me a copy of the note you want to send with the books.. I can do it for you. I have the entire set ready to ship. Do let me know if you'd like me to send it.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  4:04:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,

Thank you for the kind offer. It is greatly appreciated.

I wasn't planning on sending the whole set---was afraid of overwhelming them. I was only going to send the meditation book. That is the cornerstone practice and I think it might be more palatable to the producers offerring (initially) to the mainstream audience. Hope I haven't offending anyone with that approach....just thought it might maximize the chances of she or her producers going through the material.

light and love,
Kathy

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  5:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a great plan
Thanks Kathy for doing this.
... And.. if you want me to send the meditation book.. I am OK with that too. No worries if not.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  7:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shweta! I'll take care of it.

But if you can think of any other venues where we can ask that Yogani be interviewed please send them my way. Or if you prefer, drop them a line or email yourself. I've got two draft letters I could send to anyone who wants to contact venues - one formal and one a little less so... They could be tailored to suit the venue and your own taste... Or write your own. That might be even better, especially if you know the venue and can add an appeal for that particular audience...

I contacted KQED's 'the forum' on NPR, Krista Tippet's 'speaking of faith' on NPR and coast to coast radio... I'll have to do a little research before contacting Oprah's TV production and her radio productions...

Who knows? Maybe nothing will come of it but feel like I have to try...

Sorry I got off topic here. I just wanted to tell people about Tolle's classes.

light and love,
kathy

Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  07:21:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great idea, Kathy. I hope she is open to it. Thanks for the info about the online class. Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  12:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy,
Not sure if this means anything..
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...._ID=558#2852
quote:
Originally posted by yogani99

Hi Cosmic:

Somehow missed your note here until now.

All of the AYP books were sent to Oprah's book club (and to other well-known people) shortly after they were published. No responses received so far. So the writing continues...

The theory is that the bigger the spiritual wave gets the less it can be ignored. Thank you to all you spiritual wave makers.
The guru is in you.

Wonder if re-sending the books will help?

Edited by - Shanti on Feb 26 2008 12:52:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  1:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Wonder if re-sending the books will help?

Hi Shweta and Kathy:

It couldn't hurt. It has been a couple of years since I have sent anything to Oprah. I only send a few out to yoga publications with each new book published now. It got to be too expensive to send to a long list, and the response was very small.

I have a mailing list of about 70 publications and reviewers here if anyone would like to send any of the AYP books out in quantity, or even target (or retarget, like Oprah) some of the key ones.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

PS: Bless Eckhart Tolle. He is helping bring non-sectarian spirituality to the masses. Much needed. Bless Oprah too.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  01:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shweta and Yogani. I missed that post that the books had already been sent to Oprah. I will re-send to Oprah's TV productions and research her satellite radio operation.

Blessings to you!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  03:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Got a message on this today

"Oprah's online event a hot draw

The Charlotte Observer Sun, 09 Mar 2008 8:33 PM PDT

Viewers who got shut out of Oprah Winfrey's much-touted Web seminar will get another chance to join her worldwide virtual classroom tonight. Last week's seminar, described by Winfrey as one of the largest online events in Internet history, was too large, it turns out. Some 500,000 people from around the world logged onto the 90-minute broadcast, which featured Winfrey talking with Eckhart Tolle ... "

Good news!

Edited by - emc on Mar 11 2008 04:00:22 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000