AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 We are reading the Self-Inquiry book...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  4:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
We must be mad, reading the self-inquiry book while staying home with an overload symptom flu with exquisite extra symptoms on top, but we somehow found that to be the perfect way to get time filled here. Someone might suffer from it later on...

My mind thought it was a jolly good idea to read such an interesting book, that would help me along the spiritual journey. Oh, it knows that's what counts now, and is always supportive to new ideas. 'Next book will bring me closer' 'Next course will add to progress' 'Next insight will be deeper'... Self-indulgent, sly and cunning...

So we sat down and body-mind smiled and cheered as we read along the first pages. 'Yogani's darn good, ain't he?' mind said, and was very impressed with the writings.

Somewhere around page 28 mind became very interested, and by 31 going exalted. 'Weeeee, I can COMPARE and MEASURE my own development! Yeeehaaa!' and off mind went into a raging comparison session, building fantasies about all and everyone writing on forum, guessing their state of mind... and falling into self-doubt and other juicy stuff when not being sure of its own status...

And then mind got sort of quiet again, while we kept reading further... By page 67 something started to happen... Body had slided down the chair, leaning sloppy backwards with head forward like a vulture. Body-mind kept the eyes lowered with an increasingly grumpy face, looking like a neanderthal with eyebrows frowning and lower jaw pushing out front, having a very, very suspicious look in the eyes. Witnessing it from outside the body, while mind was thinking 'It feels as if I have been fooled...' 'wait, wait... somethings wrong...' 'This book is sort of dissing me, and I have encouraged reading this?' mind suddenly being aware of the surrealistics going on here, being witnessed in current neanderthal state...

A total bubbling joyous laughter from the inner space resulting in an unstoppable loud laughter filling the room... At page 67 mind totally logged out with a grumpy attitude and a bitter taste in the mouth, leaving a gigantic laughter in its place... Hilarious!

Fabulous book, Yogani! I'd give a million bucks to see that neanderthal face again... (Hey, who said that?)

PS. At least, laughing makes me breath anyway... LOL!..... better than breath suspension... ROTFL....

Edited by - emc on Feb 03 2008 4:40:11 PM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  4:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my God Emc......I am in stiches!

That was INCREDIBLY funny!!!!!

I am still crying...in the midst of grieving my mother (in the Tantric sex and birth control topic)......and I clicked on your post and boooooooom

i am laughing so hard I can hardly breathe.

You are a natural..I am saying this with a kind of draaag...you know, the way Sandra Bullock says: You want to loooove me, you think I'm goooooorgious.....in that beauty queen movie..("oh...i wish i had a brain")

Oh my God....thank you emc.

I am VERY relieved.

Now I'll read your post again....so if you'll excuse me...

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  5:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
... And I read your post in the Tantric Sex thread right after I had written this, and thought... Oh my God, how awesome that such great grief and such great joy can coexist in the same space... Wonderful existence!

Lots of love to you, Katrine, we're grieving with you... with joy...!
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  02:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

divine emc, you are a joyful being! your joys are contagious!

the mind plays in so many ways. esp when we are reading an intensely rich book- first like a fox checking out how tired we might be- sometimes like a tiger trying to overpower the 'wake' state. from the distance, we watch this fun and place the mind back to reading the book and wait for the state of sleep to come in its several disguises. and finally succumbs to be a donkey.

nabbing the mind several times as it comes to play as 'sleep' and then as the 'awake' state, we are ready to throw the mind far so we can then dissolve in the infinite space. dreamless sleep as in the void deathlike immense space and as the witness.

the witness is always the joyful being riding this donkey that in a thought is a horse and in another thought the eagle that glides.

all in yet another beautiful expansive infinite joyful thought!

divine katrine, sharing with you the deep sorrow. the void you feel must be so hard to fill. we are with you as spirit to gently hold the realization of how we slip out of spirit to be body and how we each are given the wisdom of the spirit through a personal loss. take care, divine one!

Edited by - nandhi on Feb 14 2008 02:35:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  3:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, I was just reminded of this old post when writing a post on FB...

Hard knocks:

First we enjoy sex, drugs and rock'n roll - then we can't take it - and when we can take it again - we don't want it! =)

Another one, I'm beginning to discover: When I finally start accepting and forgiving and thereby LOVING myself thoroughly, including everything - I'm no longer "myself"... High self-esteem is high esteem of the Self, not myself... What a bummer!

And a third one, discovered a few years ago: When we think we're gonna win the enlightenment competition and are proud of having reached the higher states... the mind might discover the price is to lose the game completely - it's only winning it's own defeat...

... and after having written the last line I suddenly remembered this post.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  05:42:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful emc
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000