AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Interpretation of right palm thing happening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  10:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My right hand often goes up to a posture like Shiva has on many pictures, right hand raised to shoulder with open palm forward, or it goes higher over my head and it seems to reflect energies to the persons third eye in front of me. Most often it is combined with the left hand stretching out towards the other persons heart, waving with the palm upward to sort of 'open' the heart chakra... This is getting stronger and stronger and happening more frequently, and I don't feel very much, but the person seems to react quite strongly sometimes. Does anyone know what's happening, experienced the same or if it has any symbolical interpretation, this gesture?

I also wonder about the posture where boths arms are raised to left and right from the sides, elbows slightly bent and both hands turned with palms upwards in hight of the ears. Is this a known posture with any special meaning? It feels as if I get an energy arch over my head embracing the whole cosmos... as if I'm holding cosmos over my head between my hands. When it happens the person in front is usually sort of paralyzed.

One of those things that feels a bit spooky right now since it happens automatically and seems to affect the person it happens with, so I'd appreciate some feed back.

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  12:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello dear,
I don't know what it all means or how it works. All I know is that it's fun to play with.
Are you a gardener by chance? Plants will receive your energy very well; send it to them, it is really fun. They attain a healthy (joyful looking) color, resilience, larger plant size than average, and they attract less insects that consume them.
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  3:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These are kriyas emc,.. inexplicable,.. mysterious, and will pass all in due time. It's all part of the Mystery(capitalization intended).
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  5:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hunter, I do not know how to play with it. I am rather being played with as it happens... I am not sending any energies at all, I have no idea where to direct it - there's total emptiness inside my mind when it's going on. If I try to take over, it goes away.

John, Kriyas... yes, surely automatic movements, yoga postures... to clean out blockages... but why does it affect the other person? It seems to both me and the other person that I'm only the tool for the force to get energies going in him/her in different ways. It's they who say "thanks", as if they got something cleaned out. Sometimes the force is vigorously directing energies - I wave a finger and they respond with a waving arm. I lift my hand slightly and they stretch their whole body. I feel like a director although I'm not doing anything at all, they follow 'my' movements like dolls.

Quite bewildering when it happens with persons I consider much more advanced in energy work than me. Potent healers and course leaders suddenly freeze during my waving and say "thank you" afterwards...?
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  8:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emc,
Some of your hand positions seem to correlate to specific mudras (eg, abhay mudra, etc). These do happen automatically during meditation for a number of people. In your case they are happening outside of it too. It is 'scenery' and it will pass with time. How much time, one can't tell.

As for your hand waving, it seems that you are unconsciously directing 'prana' at people. One of the siddhis that come up? But which you need to take in your stride... As you yourself say, you are being played upon. That's the right perspective you have. These are positive indicators for you, or just some goodies coming up in the digging. You only have to let go and observe.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  05:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Abhay mudra! Thank you sadhak, that gives me an answer - so it is called something and has a "meaning". I googled and the term seems to describe several types of mudras, not only raising the right hand, but independent of physical formation they seem to indicate "freedom from fear". Some sites talk about the gesture as giving a "blessing"...

Do you have a name of the second position? I try to find a picture of it on the net, but I don't succeed...

I do let go, follow the flow and observe! But I started to wonder if it is "well-known" positions and what they symbolize. Thank you for filling in my blanks! I know nothing of asanas, mudras or symbolical meanings, so my curiousity is awakened when it happens so frequently and in a consequent manner.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  10:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emc,
'Bhay' in Sanskrit means 'fear', and 'abhay' is without fear. I can quite relate to your wanting to know the origin and meaning of anything you're going through. It is our subject, and we are naturally drawn to know whatever we can about it, especially when it stems from experience. Maybe you want to look up Simhakrant/Singhakrant and Mahakrant mudras to see whether they correlate more to the positions your hands go into.

I am afraid I couldn't get a clear picture of what you described in the other mudra.

Btw, there is a whole treatise on hand mudras in one of the tantras. Some schools of yoga postulate that the deliberate adapting of certain hand mudras gradually alter and instill a specific state of mind in the practitioner. But as in most things in yoga, I can safely surmise it depends on the individual, what they are practising, and so on for the mudras to work effectively, and not cause an imbalance in the subject. Which is perhaps why automatic mudras, as in your case, are a safer way to experience them.

Your experience is instructive for all of us. Keep us posted please, if there are any developments.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  12:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMC,

You're becoming a Godess. Relax and enjoy it.

Christi

p.s. I used to get the right hand thing. I don't do it much now. My right hand was always rising up, palm faced outward and I could feel energy being directed through me to everything and everyone around me. I had a strong desire to reach out and touch people, to let them feel the energy and to help them to awaken. Especially when I saw someone who was crippled or handicapped, my hand would raise up, driven by the power of love.

I don't do it so much now, because I feel the energy radiating out from my whole body, all the time, especially from my heart and crown.

It's funny when people say thank you, I never know what to say back. I want to say "I didn't do anything" but that would just be really confusing for them, so now I say "thank you" back, as it was their openness that allowed the magic to happen.

You don't need to direct it, unless there is an urgent reason. It will all happen on it's own. And the closer you are to truth, the more it will happen. Enjoy...

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  3:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replies, Sadhak and Christi! Much appreciated!

Sadhak, I can't find pictures of Simhakrant/Singhakrant and Mahakrant mudras, but I found one that is similar to the second one I tried to explain

http://www.sirimo.co.uk/media/stiff...a_on_bed.jpg

Sometimes I end up in this position, with those hand mudras, but what I explained above is sitting like this, but with palms just straight open, and arms raised a little bit more, so that the hands are at the same hight as the ears. Just holding an arch on my hands that goes above my head. I haven't seen that yoga position, that's why I wonder if it is recognized by someone. It is opening a golden type of massive energy arch, and it feels as if I hold the whole cosmos between my hands.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  3:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you noticed the difference between the two hands, in terms of playing with energy? For me, when I place my left hand on my body, it draws energy there. When I place my right hand there, it dissipates the energy. Kind of like: the left hand pulls the body's energy towards that point where your hand is, and the right hand projects or pushes the energy away from that point.

I'm still not totally sure about this...got more opening, and experimenting to do.
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  12:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
Have you heard of Polarity Therapy? It's a system using healing hands, put together by Dr. Randolph Stone and based on non-Western medicine techniques. Every part of the body has a positive or negative polarity (nothing new here...), but he is extremely systematic in its theory and application. Your own hands sound like they would do well in healing!
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  1:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the tip, Tallis...I will check it out.

I don't know what I"m doing yet, so I'm not going to try anything on anyone. From what I hear, it can damage people's nervous systems and cause imbalances.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  3:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Madre Mia!

I had a brief encounter with 2 guys from the Faith Movement at the train station. My body was drawn to stand next to them as they were giving blessings to a boy, and I just stood beside and listened to them. They then approached me, and asked if I knew about Jesus... starting the usual stuff... I felt the most heavy energies from them, and told them so, and I felt spontaneous energy transfer starting, cleaning the heavy stuff, and... up goes my right hand! Hahaha! One of the guys started to freak and was convinced I was the devil, so they started to curse and protect themselves, and after a while they couldn't take more, but walked very hastily away from me and fled out of the station!!! My hand was burning, following them as they ran... What a show for the public at the station! I had the biggest smile on my face! Hopefully they had a good night's sleep with lighter energies around...
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  4:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMC:

Another day at the office.

Carry on!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  02:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL!!!
Go to Top of Page

Echo

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  03:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Echo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Madre Mia!

I had a brief encounter with 2 guys from the Faith Movement at the train station. My body was drawn to stand next to them as they were giving blessings to a boy, and I just stood beside and listened to them. They then approached me, and asked if I knew about Jesus... starting the usual stuff... I felt the most heavy energies from them, and told them so, and I felt spontaneous energy transfer starting, cleaning the heavy stuff, and... up goes my right hand! Hahaha! One of the guys started to freak and was convinced I was the devil, so they started to curse and protect themselves, and after a while they couldn't take more, but walked very hastily away from me and fled out of the station!!! My hand was burning, following them as they ran... What a show for the public at the station! I had the biggest smile on my face! Hopefully they had a good night's sleep with lighter energies around...

Wouldn't it have been great if someone caught that on on their mobile? That would be so funny on YouTube!

Good stuff!
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  04:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hillarious ! Thanks emc for making me laugh
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  08:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Out demon!

OUT!!!!

lol

Mac
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000