Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Which book has all the online lessons?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rkishan

USA
102 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  11:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit rkishan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was checking the AYP books to find which one has all the lessons from the website. I noticed that the book, "Advanced Yoga Practices - Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living" does not contain all the lessons that are available online.

I was going to get Deep Meditation, Spinal Breating, Samyama, Asanas & the Diet books separately. But I was not sure if these books contained the details about the Spinal Bastrika & some other techniques.

Is there one book which contains all AYP lessons? If not, what are the books that I should get to make sure that I have a copy of all the AYP lessons so far?

Ram.

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  08:46:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rkishan:

The AYP Easy Lessons book you refer to covers the online lessons up to main lesson 235 and tantra lesson 35, plus about 20% new material in the form of "lesson additions and illustrations" that are not currently available online. This is the most complete version of the lessons up to that point, covering the core practices of AYP, including mantra enhancements and advanced forms of pranayama (spinal bastrika, etc.), asanas, mudras and bandhas, and tantric methods. The online lessons beyond main lesson 235 and tantra lesson 35 have not been put into book form yet, and this will be done later in AYP Easy Lessons Volume 2, which will include a lot of new material. When Volume 2 is complete, these two large volumes will constitute the full AYP teachings, as much as can be done up to that point in time.

Meanwhile, the small AYP Enlightenment Series books, being written after AYP Easy Lessons Volume 1, are concise and clear approaches to the core practices of AYP, and are designed to offer many easy entry points into the over all body of knowledge. Substantial new material not covered in AYP Easy Lessons Volume 1 or in the online lessons (yet) is included in the Enlightenment Series from the Samyama book onward. This is material that will be included and expanded upon in AYP Easy Lessons Volume 2.

AYP continues to be a work in progress. Hopefully in a few years it will all be there in detailed lesson form (two volumes), and also in the enlightenment series, providing many points of entry.

The "whole enchilada" will be in the AYP Easy Lessons volumes, so you are focusing on the right one for that. Add on the enlightenment series books at least from Samyama onward as they come out, and you will be up to date.

These forums are also an ever-evolving discussion on practices, filled with much useful information. Once the enlightenment series is done, I hope to return to posting online lessons again, leading to AYP Easy Lessons Vol 2.

For those who are interested in vicariously experiencing the journey of human spiritual transformation in story form, practices and all, there is the Secrets of Wilder novel. We are working to cover it from all angles, so there will be no mistaking the infinite potential that exists in everyone, and a practical approach to daily practice for realizing It.

All the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

rkishan

USA
102 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  2:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit rkishan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

Thanks. So, if I get AYP Easy Lessons book, Samyama and Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli, I should have all the lessons written so far. Am I right? Does this include all the lessons for Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas?

I already have The Secrets of the Wilder and enjoyed the book!

Regards,
Ram.

Edited by - rkishan on Dec 06 2007 11:46:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  3:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rkishan

Yogani,

Thanks. So, if I get AYP Easy Lessons book, Samyama and Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli, I should have all the lessons written so far. Am I right? Does this include all the lessons for Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas?

I already have The Secrets of the Wilder and enjoyed the book!

Thanks,
Ram.

Hi Ram:

Yes, that's right. The additional online lessons beyond main 235 and tantra 35 are mostly about nuances of experience and combinations of practices that are already covered in the AYP Easy Lessons book. The Enlightenment Series books you mentioned have new material in them not found anywhere else in the AYP writings. The same will be true of the next Enlightenment Series book on Self-Inquiry.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

julied

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  08:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit julied's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yogani,

I was there during the book give-out for Deep Meditation. I loved having having the experience of seeing these 5 beautiful books come to me, and considering 5 beautiful people to share AYP with. I was wondering if you've ever done this again? Sent out the books, free, for distribution and spreading the word?

I didn't come on the forum right away after the switch from Yahoo Groups - and obviously there's been a lot of material posted since then... Hopefully I'm not asking a question that's already been answered 347 times???!! Thanks at any rate, for the gift of those books. I treasure the experience of being gifted, and giving me Deep Meditation was an act of love by me to me, at the very minimum.... Julied
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  09:29:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Julied:

Glad to hear the Deep Meditation books were happily shared.

No, have not done that again, and am not able to. Over 2000 books were given away worldwide at that time, and it nearly broke the bank here. However, anyone can do it using the quantity discount offer here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=34

Many have taken advantage, and so the free books are still flowing via AYP community members.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000