Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Forum polls?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  5:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm wondering if adding polls to the forums would be a fruitful thing. Perhaps it could be done in a way that would actually be a sort of research on the methods. We might see how many or what percent are doing the methods as per the lessons, what per cent are having which sort of automatic yoga, how often folks feel the need to cut back etc. How many are doing additional practices that are not in the lessons. I suppose it might be done in a way where there wouldn't be a lot of bogus poll response from just anyone who happened to surf to the forums.
What do ya think?

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  04:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Little Turtle,
Sounds good to me, especially if it can be done to elucidate useful information: as you say, a sort of research on the methods. I think it follows in the spirit of Yogani's teaching, to treat yoga scientifically like this.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  10:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds interesting Little Turtle. Someone with scientific research experience has to set the parameters and frame the survey though. Or we'll end up having data, the method of which is not acceptable to science.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  7:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd love to see it, though I'm not sure it'd ever be possible/feasible to have truly scientific results, as many of us aren't doing quite "docrinaire" AYP, plus issues of subjectivity.

It'd be most effective if we could find a way to do it and bring in the lurkers, rather than just the vocal posters. There is free polling software that can be used, privately and anonymously. Maybe I'll look into it...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000