Interesting Experience of Infinite Becoming
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

kadak

79 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  07:45:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by meg

Thanks for the info, Kadak. I find all of this very interesting, and will check out 'The Wonders of the Natural Mind'. Btw, did you know that the 'Secret Visions...' book as available on Amazon for $2,500? :)

Here it is at 95$ http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Vision...93287&sr=8-5
which is expensive but still correct.
Also intresting in The dalai-lama's secret temple http://www.amazon.com/Dalai-Lamas-S...93385&sr=1-1
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  11:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I put all four of your recommendations on my wish list, but if any wishes are to come true I might have to pick only one or two.

What are the best two books you would recommend, on the related subject and in general.

Thank you kindly
Go to Top of Page

kadak

79 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  12:15:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kyman
What are the best two books you would recommend, on the related subject and in general.

The logic would say that if you're short on money, don't take "Secret visions", because it costs more than the 3 other books together !
"Wonders of the natural mind" can be found for 8$, I think you can take it anyway. "Heart drops of the dharmakaya" can be found at 9,50$, I would say the same thing.
"Dalai lama's secret temple" is more expensive, but there are beautiful pictures in it. This is a large book, like an art book. To buy it or not depends on your taste for iconography.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  04:42:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine said:
quote:
I was in a car-like vessel.....sort of like an old fashioned cabriolet (imagine the very first Ford vehicle....a cabriolet version) Beside me was a soft, strong, mother-like being. I did not see her, I only sensed her. She was dark and light at the same time, and her presence was all around me. "The raod" we travelled was no more than a slim walking track.....like the kind you find in the mountains. All of a sudden a great abyss appeared on our right. In the bottom of it were lots of people toiling hard with shovels....digging out tons of sand. Digging a deep pit that only got deeper. What a heavy way to find water....I was very frightened when I saw that we approached a hole in the ground....the whole path came to a halt....a few meters ahead it continued. I begged the presence beside me to slow down, but she laughed in a comforting way and I was stiff with fear when we fell into the hole. Mysteriously, before I knew it, we were on the other side. I was amazed....and very safe. When I turned back, I saw that there was a wooden plank laid out as a tiny bridge across the hole. I don't know why I hadn't spotted it earlier....

Nice dream Katrine, interesting that fear of darkness we have, and also interesting that you saw the soft Mother as both Light and Dark. I suppose eventually we have to face all those fears in order to be free of them, and then we can be like the soft mother, both light and dark in unison.
That was a handy plank, it reminds me of the bridge that the "witness" state gives us - to be aware of the darkness in us but not to be immersed in it.

Meg said:
quote:
This is my experience too. And it's not so much that some insight arrives in my conscious that wasn't there before; it's more like another veil is removed to reveal that which has always been there.
Yes the old thing about whether it is remembering or growing into - well as long as it happens I don't mind one way or the other.
Was just remembering, that often in meditation I would go into a thought stream consciousness, where a whole raft of solutions would unfold. Its like the meditation opens a door to another intelligence. The intelligence or course is me, but also seems bigger than me, like its coming in from outside.
I think some people call this channelling and can turn it on and verbalise it similtanously.

Katrine said:
quote:
It is possible to be in service whatever you are doing. Even normal work can be done in the atmosphere of service and acceptance. If the Presence is remembered as often as possible, then your action will always be serviceminded.

It is great....to be of service to others. It is a loving intention. Then the Presence can work through you. The greater the clarity, the broader the service. Small, innocent gestures of service to another, can result in tremendous happiness and harmony for many. Sometimes we see it, sometimes we don't.

The result is not ours.

To open up to the light is thus the biggest service we "do".

Agreed fully, that's a very nice way of putting it. Thanks for bashing me with that "light" hammer , must keep away form those boogey men

Edited by - Sparkle on May 28 2007 10:29:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  04:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On seeing the rainbow - would this equate to:

"You are looking out from the inside, so
you are seeing the inside of the sushumna in your body, and the end
of the sushumna off in the distance, which is the star. You are
looking through the tunnel of the sushumna, seeing "the light at the
end of the tunnel," as they say. Inside the tunnel, we are literally
a rainbow of light, beginning with dark red at the bottom and ending
with blue and violet at the top. You have heard the expression, "She
has a heart of gold." Well, we all have hearts of gold. We just need
some housecleaning to see it."

Taken from http://www.aypsite.org/92.html
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  1:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis

quote:
Agreed fully, that's a very nice way of putting it. Thanks for bashing me with that "light" hammer , must keep away form those boogey men

I have had the strangest weekend....
On our way to the mountain cabin we drive through several tunnels. For the first time in my entire life I had what seemed like a pannick attack. It came out of the blue.....I had trouble breathing....my chest constricted....my head was airy....I was very close to fainting. It lasted until i saw the light at the end of the tunnel. I am not afraid of tunnels, so it was the reaction itself that triggered the fear. Very strange. It happened every single time we entered a tunnel, so obviously this is a fear i have not been conscious of. The more I tried to "work it off"....or "conquer it"....the worse it got. Finally I started praying to the mother-like presence from the dream. Almost instantly the whole tunnel "lit up" with clarity, and i was relaxing. The pannick attack stopped. I understood that the attack was triggered by a thought....an imaginary scenery causing my own death. It happens very rapidly....something about the enclosed, dark space....in a flash of a second.....but it became very obvious that I manifest what I think.

quote:
"You are looking out from the inside, so
you are seeing the inside of the sushumna in your body, and the end
of the sushumna off in the distance, which is the star. You are
looking through the tunnel of the sushumna, seeing "the light at the
end of the tunnel," as they say. Inside the tunnel, we are literally
a rainbow of light, beginning with dark red at the bottom and ending
with blue and violet at the top. You have heard the expression, "She
has a heart of gold." Well, we all have hearts of gold. We just need
some housecleaning to see it."

Then you bring this quote from Yogani...
Everything just klicked. I am working through resistances to my own inner space. And since i don't see the end of the tunnel yet (although I hear it)....nor any other light on the inside (except what I see in visions and the light I see "outside")....there must be doubt still. I still fear darkness (which the dream narrates very well).

So Louis.....thank you!
Thanks for lighting up my darkness.

I am my own worst boogey man

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  3:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

I am my own worst boogey man

I think this is true for most of us!

A
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  3:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine, that's amazing about your tunnel experience and the post about the sushumna.

When I read it, the first thought I had was, "a rebirthing experience". This is because I did some training in this with some shamanic healers a long time ago. I know they would immediately say you were regressing to a birth experience. From the dark womb and vaginal tunnel of Mother, to the light. But that's just another take on it.
Then travelling through the tunnel of the sushumna is as you say, another interesting take on it.
Have you tried Yoni Mudra Kumbaka?, when doing this it is the only time I see the star and the various colours vividly. I find it very powerful so I don't always do it.

quote:
I still fear darkness (which the dream narrates very well).

I think that's a very healthy fear - or is it fear of fear itself - not sure that I understand that, probably another paradox
Anyway, as you remind us often, the prosess of continual purification through AYP and self enquiry will eventually clear the fears and leave us free free free

Thanks for being such a beacon of light
Louis
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  10:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis

quote:
or is it fear of fear itself

Yes. See....this is it. But I now understand why this fear is so strong, and also why it is so difficult to "work with it".

I posted something here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2618

I can relate to the rebirthing you talk about. I feel in my guts that you are right about this. So many things lately points to this....

quote:
Yoni Mudra Kumbaka

Never done it. Can't do it now.....the workings within is going on constantly. I'll read about it again....to see.

quote:
Thanks for being such a beacon of light

Louis....it is I that shall thank you. Your cents are priceless.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  7:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm reading the book recommended here by Kadak, which I highly recommend to anyone who's curious about Dzogchen:

Wonders of the Natural Mind
http://www.amazon.com/Wonders-Natur...85804&sr=8-1

I have a lot of questions about Dzogchen that I may post at a later date, but for now I wanted to share this quote that I found interesting, and which is related to this thread:

"In the primordial state, emptiness and clarity are inseparable. In the primordial state, emptiness is unobscured. Emptiness is clarity and clarity is emptiness. We cannot say that emptiness is one thing and clarity another because, in fact, they are a single unity."

Thanks, Kadak.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000