Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Past Lives in Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  05:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks,
I was wondering if anyone has had vision like experiences during their mediation? Occasionally i find myself drifting into scenes that i know i have never encountered in this life but they seem so real i was wondering if this could be memories of past lives! Don’t get me wrong, once i am aware i have strayed of the mantra i do the usual and gently return, i do not take the visions any further.

Thanks......

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  08:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi WhiteCrane,
Yes, this has happened to a lot of us. You are doing the right thing by treating them as distractions (not getting caught up in these visions) and coming back to the mantra
This has be discussed in these threads..
What is the meaning of hot flashes in the body?
Discomfort during practices
Higher and Lower Beings...
Hope these help.

Edited by - Shanti on Feb 12 2007 08:26:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  4:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti.
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  01:08:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear WhiteCrane38,

Although not related to AYP you might like to check out this Yahoo group called imagestream.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/image...id=219645582

I have been interested in this topic for a long time. This group is interested in various things about the image stream and how it can be helpful.

Jill
Go to Top of Page

Dedroidify

22 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2007 :  6:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dedroidify's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh I'm so glad I found this thread, I was looking where to post my questions/experiences.

I've been having the same experiences, I see totally random scenes from all kinds of different times and cultures. Lately they have gotten more beautiful, today for instance I saw a woman pick up her baby and kiss it lovingly on the forehead, or this week I remember an innocent little girl just smiling.
I'm glad there's a lot of people experiencing the same thing .
I'm still trying to frame this though, as WhiteCrane38 I pay no mind to them as they are glimpses and I return my mantra directly, and will keep doing this.

Though my path started with philosophy and I've been able to frame all my experiences with reason so far which has been interesting. So I'm guessing, are these glimpses of the collective unconscious as part of the scenery? Or does anybody have other possible explanations? I haven't read Yogani's Spinal Breathing and I don't know much about what is meant with Higher and Lower Beings in this case as I see regular people, just from different cultures and times. I was hoping if someone could describe what is meant with these beings related to these experiences a little more, even though we should treat it as scenery/distractions.

Etherfish said this in the What is the meaning... thread which I liked:
quote:

I've decided that none of this is of any importance. Now I just watch, then go on with my life as if it was any normal occurance. I believe that what we are seeing is clairvoyance, and sometimes it is in another place, sometimes in another time, sometimes a previous life. Sometimes it is even the future, and I believe sometimes it is another planet or dimension, because I've seen furniture that wouldn't fit any bodies we know on earth.

So my solution is to ignore it all under the assumption that we're like babies developing clairvoyance and clairaudience and don't understand it yet. I do watch them with fascination, however because of the "high definition".

I haven't seen anything alien and I like this explanation, though I just happen to be very inquisitive and since this is something I experience daily I'd like to know more about it, regardless of its importance in general or personal to me. So anyone else still want to share some thoughts on this? As I said I haven't read any of Yogani's books and won't have the opportunity to acquire them in the very near future sadly, though I certainly plan to.

I've experienced something along the lines of past lives, though I also presume it could be collective unconscious flashes, in my most profound mushroom trip. (I know a lot of spiritual people look down on entheogens, though if you reason that mushrooms break down into DMT in the stomach, and DMT is also endogenously produced in the brain and is related to dreams, near-death experiences and could be related to spiritual experiences too etc - read Dr. Rick Strassman's research on this topic).
Anyway these people were in dialogue coming to an agreement. (After I experienced several great animal experiences in the trip which after the 'past lives' finally culminated in a wonderful state of non-duality in loving light is all how I can describe it. I feel very blessed to have been able to experience this so early on my path. It's a memory that keeps sparking my ambition and especially during harder times.)
Though these glimpses are very different. They just seem completely random though I seem to be lucky in that they are all positive, as I read other's experiences in the threads Shanti posted.

I also had one weirdish experience while still smoking cannabis a month ago, while laying in the sofa relaxing with eyes closed I saw a man of the victorian age with his back to me writing on a desk with a pen, turning around towards me looking with a friendly frown if that makes sense and turning back, then dissapating. I'd never had anything remotely similar happening on cannabis.

I am sharing this cause I like to read about experiences, so it's only fair I share my own I thought

Btw for those interested in Image Streaming, Paraliminal Hypnotist Paul Scheele's audiocourse "the Genius Code" includes it (With Win Winger taking care of that section). Another audiobook that uses a variation of it is called Dane Spotts - How to Find Your Mission in Life.
There's also a practice called Active Imagination developed much earlier by the great Carl Jung which is basically much the same thing.

Just making conversation
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  08:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dedroidify,
My understanding of lower beings are spirits that are earth bound and the higher beings are angels and guides that are here to help us is our lives. As per Yogani's spinal breathing book.. they (the higher beings) are in us.. have always been... we just need to continue with our practice and they will be revealed to us..
What you are experiencing do seem like glimpses into past lives. And as you said.. you treat them as scenery.. excellent!!!!
The book by Brian L. Weiss "Many Lives Many Masters" was very helpful to me, see if you can get your hands on it (tho, you may have already read it). This is his website if you are interested http://www.brianweiss.com/
Just continue with your practice, and soon the lower beings will be replaced by the higher ones.. You don't have to have Yogani's books to start spinal breathing (although it will help).. You can read Lesson 39 - Pranayama – Cultivating the soil of the nervous system and Lesson 41 - Pranayama – Spinal Breathing to start off on panayama.
Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Dedroidify

22 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  09:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dedroidify's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks very much for that excellent reply Shanti.
Past lives do seem more likely in my case I guess, than clairvoyance from what I quoted in my previous post.

I'll check out Brain Weiss, earlier on the path I already much enjoyed a guided meditation audiobook by him, so I'm motivated! Added to the huge to-read list

I only mentioned the spinal breathing book cause in the linked threads people said Yogani mentions the beings in it too. While sorta getting off-topic, though Pranayama does accelerate progress and thus opens the way to these higher beings, let me just openly share that I'm almost about to start the AYP spinal breathing. I already practiced some basic Pranayama before from an Andrew Weil audiobook.
I'm actually just at lesson 39 hehe, my "I Am" meditation is stabilized now. But first I'll try to finally start sitting up for meditation, so waiting to start Pranayama as Yogani recommends. I've been laying down in meditation my entire practice and before AYP too because my knees can be troublesome but as it is advised for later practices I'll give it another go with extra effort following the guidelines. I'm thinking it'll go better to focus with the mantra compared to my earlier vipassana and other meditations. And not to mention the help and wonderful advice that back support is kind of recommended instead of the opposite view, I don't think I've read that for meditation and am eager to try!
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  1:17:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
It isn't necessary to sit in posture to meditate, but simply sitting in a comfortable chair will siffice.A lot easier on bad knees also.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Dedroidify

22 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  2:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dedroidify's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice but I'll try sitting in the bed with cushions, can have back support that way too. Meditating in a chair just isn't my thing, will consider it if need be later though so thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000