New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2006 :  5:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is anyone else in the forum involved in healing of this type? Any form of energy healing where you use the energy flowing out of your hands to activate chakras in other people or simply to allow the energy to flow into them? Do you find it helps your AYP practices or do you find it a hinderance. I am asking because I have read different points of view about this form of healing and am confused as to whether I should continue doing it.

Love and Light

Christi

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2006 :  11:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Is anyone else in the forum involved in healing of this type? Any form of energy healing where you use the energy flowing out of your hands to activate chakras in other people or simply to allow the energy to flow into them? Do you find it helps your AYP practices or do you find it a hinderance. I am asking because I have read different points of view about this form of healing and am confused as to whether I should continue doing it.

Love and Light

Christi

Hi Christi,

Nice to meet you....laying hands was one of the very frist healing method that my bhakti guided me to use......the only two persons was a young girl and a guy.....

Yes energies was indeed flowing ...and this way the very first healing everyone including myself observed.......

Except for me I didn't realise what occurred about a few weeks after........for me this type of realisation is perfect ......otherwise I would have run out the Ashram.....

Anyway with the bhakti it still works....... I cannot prove right now that it is used to balance chakras but for really sick people.......especially the old ones I have actually witnessed.....myself doing chakra balancing........

Outside of the Ashram healing is not recommended for me. I have to be elevated to a few more levels before I can actually heal anyone...........

But strangely enough........the bhakti stuff started working on its own.........it automatically started sending energies to persons around me.This actually occurred with a pastor in one of my classes......gosh I did experience some pain but I was o.k afterwards

Anyways Christi for me ...........my Guru instructed me to become spiritually strong before I can visit hospitals and heal the kids(not that I want to I just asked at that time)

You really need a strong physical body and strong spritual body to send and receive energies........

remember these things drain you so from my experience I would advise you to be cautious ....but Christi God within you will guide you accordingly

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  04:07:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I play around with this, but I don't think I have anything of substance to offer. Just wanted to share that this is certain an interest of mine, which spring very much from an intuitive level.

From what I have read, prana is an intelligent force. We guide it with intention, and it structures itself in the appropriate way as to fulfill our intention. This too general an explaination for me to. I prefer a bit more on the mechanics of it all.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  05:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
I have been involved in reiki and other healing or energy modalities but no longer give regular healing to others.There are several reasons.
1) It becomes a personal drain on your own energies which slows down your path as an enormous amount of energy is required for purification of the nervous system to reach enlightenment.
2) Giving to others is only temporary respite as we cannot and do not 'heal' others.We are simply facilitators of their own self healing.People have to take responsibility for their own health as we cannot cure anyone.If this means they have to take up a practice regime of some description then so be it.
3) You need to be aware of your limitations as being too empathic will lead to you taking on their problems and draining yourself very quickly.Look at counsellors, healers,or other workers who interact closely with others and are constantly tired ot drained.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  12:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone, it is good to hear your experiences.
3 quotes from Dave:
quote:
1) It becomes a personal drain on your own energies which slows down your path as an enormous amount of energy is required for purification of the nervous system to reach enlightenment.

I do agree with this to a point. But I do not find the actual giving of healing energy draining. If people start telling me all their problems then this can be draining (although if I stay in a kind of 'heart space' and just listen and not take things on then that is not draining. But then that is not always easy to do...) But actually giving healing I find gives me energy and
I feel fantastic afterwards, like I have just done a deep meditation session.
quote:
2) Giving to others is only temporary respite as we cannot and do not 'heal' others.We are simply facilitators of their own self healing.People have to take responsibility for their own health as we cannot cure anyone.If this means they have to take up a practice regime of some description then so be it.

That is also very true. I do feel though that there are some people who are not able to, or not ready to take up spiritual practices. The very young, the very old, or people who are so sick that they have given up hope. Do you think there could be a place for this kind of healing in such cases?
quote:
You need to be aware of your limitations as being too empathic will lead to you taking on their problems and draining yourself very quickly.Look at counsellors, healers,or other workers who interact closely with others and are constantly tired ot drained.

This is a concern of mine. Even if I give healings in silence (so I am not constantly being on the receiving end of other people's problems (which can be energy draining in the long term), do you think that we can take on other people's illnesses empathically in other words purely on the etheric level)? I have heard this from several sources, but I certainly was not warned about it when I did my Reiki course, in fact I was told by the instructor that as the energy only flows through us when we are healing, and into the person being healed, we cannot be effected by any bad energies that are making the person sick.
This is where my confusion comes from. I am sure my instructor was giving the advice that is given as standard to all reiki students. So is the advice misguided? Or is there something special about Reiki as a form of direct 'laying on of hands' healing which magically protects the healer?

Any ideas welcome.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  2:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting topic.

I'd like to read yogani's knowledge on healing and Reiki and such, if he is willing. My girlfriend is a Reiki Master Teacher and currently only does distance "healing"--a lot of it. She uses Reiki on herself as a purifying practice, which I personally belive is an ant-hill to a mountain when compared to pranayama and deep meditation (just my opinion of course). With all due respect, I'm not sure how effective Reiki healing really is when channeled through a system that isn't purified. Do Reiki, and other laying on of hands procedures work anyway if the intent is there? I don't hear of a lot of Reiki practitioners healing like Jesus, for instance, which of course may happen and I just don't know about it. I'm sure we can assume that Jesus' system was quite purified. There are other "God Masters" we can cite who performed miraculous healing. How effective is Reiki and similar practices with us mere mortals

Alan

Edited by - Balance on Oct 21 2006 4:34:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  3:50:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. I forgot to mention, as far as Reiki goes, I've seen thousands shelled out for more attunements and healing and etc. Seems a little expensive. I really have no desire to stir up controversy or judge something I really don't know much about. These are just questions I've had for a few years based on my observations.

Peace, alan

Edited by - Balance on Oct 21 2006 4:36:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  5:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Me again,
I was given the same advice as Nsantoo by guruji.Don't attempt to 'heal' others until your levels are high enough or you will be personally drained.Infact even if one is enlightened there will be energy drainage as was pointed out in Dhyanyogi's biography when he gave shaktipat.
My eldest sister is empathic and takes on others illness if she is not careful.If her husband is ill she ends up with his symptoms.
So is the advice misguided?
My personal experience tells me it is misguided.
One of my students is a Reiki master and does not heal others unless they seek her out as she is well aware of the energy drainage.Others I have met have symptoms of neurosis,depression, headaches etc from giving too much energy to others.These are symptoms similar to receiving too many attunements or energy also.
Balance-Jesus was actually giving shaktipat as a method of healing, which few can give anyway.
Healing can be given by intent which is the easiest way and so can attunements BTW.Reiki is only a mere glimpse of the full power of God and I have found by my practices that the ability of channeling energy is much greater due to the higher levels of purification.I have had many Reiki masters doubt the facts until they have experienced the results of meditation. Trying to be diplomatic is a difficult task as they obviously don't want to face facts about something they think is best thing since sliced bread.Until about 2 yrs ago I actually moderated a Reiki group where we gave free attunements to all types of Reiki and other healing energies for free.Just recently I completed teaching a meditation course where a local Reiki master attended.She dropped out after the first session as she could not stand the cleansing she experienced from simply the breathing meditation, this was before she actually used a mantra!!!!!!!!! Exit one Reiki master convinced as she crawled back into a corner to die.OOOOOOOOps!
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Mike

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  5:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I have done reiki for sometime and qigong (ok I know its not yoga but its an energetic practice and lets not get hung up on whether we are a few hundred miles north or south of the himalayas ). I have also used both in "healing" situations (ie improving other people's health). I have also pondered for some time these 'protection issues'. Interestingly I have never come across much re yoga healing (altho' modalities like "Pranic Healing" are quite popular (but that really is where Prana=Chi and fat lot of distinction left).

My experience - first-hand and second - is that Reiki does indeed seem to come with some sort of in-built protection... ie if you give Reiki properly not only do you not drain your own energy but also there is never (it seems) any "flow-back of bad/disease energy".

[Complete tangent but worth saying - there is only one school which charges zillions for reiki attunements - you can get them for any price including free. Another "red herring" re Reiki is the whole Reiki Master thing... IMHO and all that its just a poor translation... It really means someone who can pass on the attunements - few masters...]

Equally in terms of "giving" ones own energy being draining or "picking up" others bad energy using "normal" energy healing I have done all of those too lol

Also re qigong vs Reiki I concur - in my personal experience Reiki is weak beer compared to healing power of qigong.

On the other hand Reiki is really safe and easy and you can get the energy flowing with a day or two's training... so whilst it might cause epilepsy amongst the "true believers" on Reiki fora.. Reiki's advantages are that anyone can do it with little experience, training, or advancement, its simple and easy and you can do good for others... Of course with all those constraints its never going to be "the bees knees" [to quote an archaic phrase over here lol].

I feel the problems tend to come more from people attaching to the 'entry modality' and (in the modern fashion in Reiki) trying to turn this into some powerful self-transformational tool... I wont comment on this but there are plenty of reiki fora out there where one can observe "Reiki Masters" and make ones own mind up [mind you same applies to Buddhism, Yoga, Qigong, etc etc lol].

Anyway principal reason would be that I am most curious if there is an "official AYP view" [hi Yogani O wise non-guru without ] on the whole healing (of others) topic.

Be well friends.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  6:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mark 5:30
And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?

Lu 6:19
And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.

Lu 8:46
And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.

King James Version

I always thought that the above was amazing and wondered about it. Since Christ was fully God Realized there must be a healing energy that he posessed naturally. And I also thought it interesting that he didn't need to engage the person for the healing to happen.

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Oct 21 2006 7:12:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  7:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The Reiki school that charges seems to be the one that a lot of people buy into (no pun intended). In fact, I hear practitioners and teachers of that school say that the money is the fair exchange of energy and is a must. Hey, everyone's gotta make a living. In my opinion anything from God doesn't carry a price tag. If someone has the ability to heal how can it be held back for lack or want of money? What's up with that? Anyone can straighten me out here if I'm missing som'n.

Peace, Alan
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  7:43:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a quote from: http://www.geocities.com/the_wander.../guides.html

Spiritual Guides: Pass or fail?

quote:
In America there is a tendency to make a commodity out of anything, even spirituality. Not only is making salvation a marketable item absurd ("Sorry, you don't qualify for the highest, blissful heaven." - "Why not?" - "You forgot to pay last month's subscription dues for soul discourses"), but it allows for a number of unscrupulous individuals to make huge sums of money off naive seekers.

Although money is necessary to keep movements functioning (the publishing of books, etc.), there is a distinct line between obligatory payments -- even if they are disguised as "love offerings," and unsolicited donations; the latter has justifiable reasons behind it, whereas the former makes religion a business enterprise, with a very lucrative tax shelter.

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Oct 21 2006 11:59:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  8:46:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Thanks folks for the replies. What a lot of different views!

I don't know if that makes anything clearer or more confusing . But I will do my best to respond.

quote:
but Christi God within you will guide you accordingly

Nsantoo: Thanks for that and I am pleased to meet you too.

Mike wrote:
quote:
My experience - first-hand and second - is that Reiki does indeed seem to come with some sort of in-built protection... ie if you give Reiki properly not only do you not drain your own energy but also there is never (it seems) any "flow-back of bad/disease energy".

This is my experience too. I have also noticed, as you have, that the AYP practices make the energy flows much stronger when giving healing.
What I really am interested in- as I can see others here are- is the question as to whether in principle, laying-on-hands style healing can be a legitimate practice for someone on the spiritual path? Or, is it a siddhi (supernatural power), all be it a minor one, which should be ignored as a distraction, like the other siddhis. Can a person who is intoxicated with divine love, walk past someone who is sick, knowing that they can heal them, and not reach out their hand?
Even if it is a siddhi, do we not have a duty to use it if we feel we can without becoming depleted of energy ourselves?
Vil wrote:
quote:

Lu 8:46
And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.
I always thought that the above was amazing and wondered about it. Since Christ was fully God Realized there must be a healing energy that he posessed naturally. And I also thought it interesting that he didn't need to engage the person for the healing to happen.

These lines in the bible have always amazed me too. It does imply that intent is not necessary on the part of the healer for healing to take place. I am finding this increasingly... that the healing happens, with or without me having any active intent. It also implies that healing can happen without even the consent of the healer.
A few years ago I had an amazing dream. I was in a vast black hall standing in front of a man who I thought was Jesus. He was about one hundred feet tall and wearing a purple robe. I was lying face down and holding on to the hem of his robe. The energy coming from him was so incredibly powerful that I did not dare raise my face and only saw the purple robe. I can still remember what the energy felt like. It was like all those words used in the Bible to describe God: Love, Power, Peace, Grace, Light. His robe seemed to be just as charged with this energy as he was. It washed over and through me like a river. Then I woke up. It was a funny dream because I am not a Christian and never have been.
Dave wrote:
quote:
Jesus was actually giving shaktipat as a method of healing, which few can give anyway.

What do you mean by shaktipat? And what makes you believe that this is what Jesus was doing when he was healing people? I am not doubting you, it is just that, although I am familiar with the Sanskrit term, I have never received shaktipat, so I do not know how it works, and I have never heard of it being used in a healing context. (Btw... It is obvious that Jesus had a very different attitude towards Siddhis than most enlightened beings!).
And is not the giving of Shaktipat a Siddhi? But many enlightened beings do this...
Any answers out there?

Love and Light

Christi
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  03:33:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
Simply thinking of another will lead to an energy exchange which is all healing is.We do not heal,only enhance anothers self healing abilities by an exchange of energy.One needs to be mindful that giving too much of oneself leads to energy drainage which slows down your personal purification of the nervous system.
Shaktipat(transfer of energy) to give an awakening of the Kundalini leads to healing of the body.When your Kundalini is awakened the shakti heals the body by purifying the nervous system leading to greater energy flow.This enhances your own natural self healing abilities without you taking any action.By meditating etc you achieve greater purity and therefore enhance the self healing aspects further.This does not make you invincible but gives you improved health.If you read Dhyanyogis book 'Shakti, an introduction to Kundalini Maha Yoga' he talks of Jesus and shaktipat.Further thoughts can be found here http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/uljc/index.htm
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Mike

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  04:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alan - some good Qs... Well most Reiki schools charge for training/attunement (its just one in particular that charges very large sums (but that is unsurprisingly going backwards)). This seems fair to me after all I got a manual, some CDs, and a lot of my teachers time - why should she do that for free? Also some people (my teacher being an example) make their living from doing Reiki healings (and in her case teaching Yoga too). As a result of her teachings/healings/seminars a lot of people are happier and healthier and - as she has no other source of income - I no more expect her to do it 'for free' than I expect a doctor or a surgeon to treat me for free. The same applies to my Qigong Master who both teaches and heals as a profession. So personally I see no paradox (but I may be blind to it ).

Of course where people dont have to charge as they have independent means/another source of income thats great too or where they are just incredibly generous people... "Treatment swaps" seem to be quite popular - eg I know two people who exchanged Shamanic Healing and EMDR healing recently.

VIL - some cool quotes... I am not Christian myself but had always assumed that there must have some energetic component to Jesus healing

Christi - I stand to be corrected but laying-on-hands healing does not seem to me to be a siddhi - you can learn basic Reiki in a day and there are laying-on modalities such as Therapeutic touch which have been around for some time without much of a spiritual angle at all. Its a natural ability everyone has which - at the basic levels - can be uncovered with minimal effort (pity we cant say the same about siddhis eh?).

As to automated healing.. well we are all constantly involved in an energetic exchange with our environment and people around us.... certain people and places will drain energy from us and certain people and places will provide energy to us. Some people are unknowingly/knowingly "energy vampires" - you know the type - you have lunch with them and come away feeling drained and depressed... So to my thinking/experience these flows of energy are quite natural (and on a different level lead to things like Feng Shui - the study of energy flows in environments). If one of the people has "strong chi" or "high mental achievement" then just being in their presence can be healing.

Peace

Mike

Edited by - Mike on Oct 22 2006 06:22:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  09:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I understand how you feel now with all these responses.........sometime if you wish you can email me and I shall give you live accounts of the experiences of a few persons that pass through the ashram for specific ailments....

The information is confidental and cannot be posted up here....
Anyways this healing stuff is also contributed to the "living" ashram the singing group, the audience and the guru and God ..........and me the little one

For example once a lady came and she had a medical case which she herself created........anyways from a distance bhakti pointed me in her her direction.....yeah some hand signal occur (some people would know what i mean by this ) and when I was lifting my right hand back up goshhhh she was heavy..........I had use my left hand to support that load of "bad energy" that was leaving her.

Anyways just like myself that attended the ashram and was healed .........I am dedicated by attending every Saturday...............I was never anything before.....just a normal person working......living a simple life.......It took lots of questioning from myself to acknowledge that certain things was happening.....only my guru comforted me

so I prayed for 9 months.....I asked God please tell me what's happening.....

In one of my classes, I was teaching a government ministry
a man and a lady........the lady was reading my mind.....she just started to tell me certain things....I was amazed.....then the guy started talking to me also about spiritual things..........
Anyway.......she told me that I was doubting the power of God and whatever is happening and also losing faith.......

man she was correct........the curriculum strictly stipulates computers and not theology or counselling....it was then they told me about the "calling". I am still trying to get over that one right now.

I honestly think you need to acquire a spiritual guide ,priest,guru to assist you with whatever endeavour you are currently engaged in...........

My Guru also openly started doing the same "hand signal thingy"
for me ..........basically helping throughout the process.

At the end of the day, yes not everybody becomes drained.................not everyone realizes it is more than reiki healing.........sort of like "magnetism" on a different level.................and this forum, from my opinion is not the place to make such a decision....it is good for experiences........Remember this sort of healing power is not granted by humans .......It is done for a reason and comes from a greater force....

Hey.......for the first time in my life I dreamt "Jesus" last night
he was telling me something........It'll be a while before I understand completely and post that one up........I need to get over it first.....

Remote healing is possible .........I have had numerous strangers walk up to me and tell me they continously see me in their dreams etc....

I usually try to run from them....but once someone receive something from me ......I think about them for the entire week......and a burst of energy leave my chest and goes towards them........really nice experience

Again......for me it will take years before I can completely explain anything........but for now these were some of my experiences.......

Do have a good day.
Namaste

Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  09:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
What I really am interested in- as I can see others here are- is the question as to whether in principle, laying-on-hands style healing can be a legitimate practice for someone on the spiritual path? Or, is it a siddhi (supernatural power)

Hey I was not comfortable at first with this because of power or intensity of electricity that flow through......(identical to electricity that flow through in the household wiring)

Go before your altar and ask God to direct healing through another method......

You could be elevated to using the "hand signals thingy"

once a woman said a prayer in her mind.....yeah we can sort of hear that to......I approached she was petrified.....

I simply said a prayer and decided i am already taking on these people stress the least I want is a different method...so bhakti took on a different level....this takes some time of course..............
when I refuse to do anything in the ashram...... ......... that's like every saturday...my entire body starts to get up and move for itself...sometimes levitate...........until I say ........okay.........I am going to get up.......

so now you see why I am such a coward......I don't have a choice about lots of things in my life....and the wonderful thing now is that I enjoy doing the works of God ........because I know she is with me all the time......

and yes God do not give you what you cannot handle.....

Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  10:14:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote
From what I have read, prana is an intelligent force. We guide it with intention, and it structures itself in the appropriate way as to fulfill our intention.
[/quote]

This is it..................definite answer to all.......Yes prana is indeed intelligent..........I have heard it beautiful......sound
roaring waves........spiraling winds......the calmness amongst it all

I guess for me moving from laying hands on the head and moving to the hand signal thingy is the way prana structured itself to suit the intention...

thanks Kyman for your post
Namaste
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  12:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

...I am most curious if there is an "official AYP view" ... on the whole healing (of others) topic.

Hi Mike:

No, there isn't an offical AYP position on the activity of healing others. It is like any other activity we may be inclined to undertake in our life. The AYP view is that the prerequisite for spiritually elevating our activity in the world is taking care of business at home first by cultivating inner silence and ecstatic conductivity, which leads to the marriage of the two in the form of outpouring divine love. The latter is facilitated by our activities in the world, which are of our choosing. If one is inclined to be a healer, then it can be that. It can be any other kind of activity also. Whatever fulfills us. If we take it in that order, we will be healing ourselves and others at the same time. Obviously, if an activity we we are drawn to is destabilizing our spiritual progress, it will be wise to be measured in our approach -- the principle of self-pacing strikes again.

Regarding what the "other" receives, as has been pointed out above already, it is more up to the other than us. The end of the Jesus story about energy going out is that he said, "Your faith has made you whole." So, whatever we give in this world will be received according to the receptivity of others. The sources of divine energy are unlimited -- present everywhere. It is always the recipient who will initiate and allow the exchange. That is where this phrase comes from: "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." Likewise, "When the patient is ready, the healer will appear."

Of course, "receiving" is not always benign. It can "taking." It is usually a mixture of both receiving and taking, and that is where the "energy" complications of being in a serving profession crop up. The best preparation for whatever we encounter in life will be found in addressing our own development. Then we will be in a much better position to help others as we may be naturally inclined. So, from the AYP point of view, taking care of our own business with yoga practices comes first. Then the rest will follow naturally...

"Seek first the kingdom of heaven (within) and all else will be added to you..."

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  2:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the exelent reply Yogani. I am glad that healing people isn't a frowned upon activity for AYP practitioners. I agree with Mike that when people have very strong Chi (prana),simply being in their presence can be healing. So hopefully all of us will reach this stage someday, in which case it won't make much difference if we are intentionally healing others or not, as our mere presence will carry healing energies to everyone around us.

quote:
Nsantoo wrote:
Go before your altar and ask God to direct healing through another method......

You could be elevated to using the "hand signals thingy"

This sounds great! I love being elevated. But what is the "hand signals thingy"? Is it a form of samyama where we use mudras (hand positions) to help direct our intent? I have noticed my right hand (and arm) doing strange things lately. It goes up in the air when someone needs help... palm open, fingers up and splayed, facing forward...

Love and Light

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Oct 23 2006 2:52:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  6:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
This sounds great! I love being elevated. But what is the "hand signals thingy"? Is it a form of samyama where we use mudras (hand positions) to help direct our intent?

[quote] I have noticed my right hand (and arm) doing strange things lately. It goes up in the air when someone needs help... palm open, fingers up and splayed, facing forward...[quote]

Hey Christi,

Wow..........that one occurred once with me .....wasn't through my effort ....a lady came to the temple and was unconscious dancing by the murtis.......anyway another person was within her different voice had an nice indian accent and gurujii sent the young guys to line up for lord knows what....one of the young guys was asked to reapeat"om namah shivaya" ....another guy was doubting the whole thing and she went ahead and told him exactly what he did 3 days before........annother guy had to be spinned and then automatically I was standing there (had no choice)and my hand went up automatically and something strong came out......

Again.....first time I ever experienced this one........
but a greater force was doing that one.......who knows it could have been a combination effort of all the spiritual persons .......there were alot of people there......

Anyway I don't particularly remember my palm being splayed ......it usually takes a nice formation........(if you are familiar with any hindu pictures something just like that......

each formation have a diiferent meaning

From what I gathered so far christi when you lift your hands high up you are going into different mode....a stronger one.....

Some hand signals Frank revealed is also a way to release stress....which I agree to a point...

remember I am learning also......my guru use the same hand signal to indeed direct with intent...especially when my hand vortex opens up and needs to be closed......at that time I was just glad the thing just stopped and never noticed the significance until now.

But you know someone once told me with bhakti..needn't worry....it will guide you accordingly.....

Hey did you get or do already have a Guru?

Reiki master is from my experience not a Guru.....

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  04:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hey did you get or do already have a Guru?

Reiki master is from my experience not a Guru.....

Hi Nsantoo,
If you mean someone that I can go and see and talk to, then no I don't have a guru. I don't think gurus are that easy to find. Enlightened beings are a bit thin on the ground where I live. I sometimes meet angels, but they can't speak, so I can't ask them questions about the spiritual life. But being in their presence is similar to being in the presence of a Guru.

quote:
I wrote:
But what is the "hand signals thingy"? Is it a form of samyama where we use mudras (hand positions) to help direct our intent?

I guess that was a yes?

Edited by - Christi on Oct 24 2006 05:25:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  10:54:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I sometimes meet angels, but they can't speak, so I can't ask them questions about the spiritual life. But being in their presence is similar to being in the presence of a Guru.

I have seen only a few angels ....usually they bring an unspoken message ....their presence is usually enough...they would speak to you through your intuition.....That is something you have to work on...I guess
quote:

yes it some form of samaya I guess

If your area has any temples ........go ....your bhakti will guide you to meet your teacher....you need a Guru.....in the meantime continue your devotion in whatever form....

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  3:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Nsantoo wrote
I have seen only a few angels ....usually they bring an unspoken message ....their presence is usually enough...they would speak to you through your intuition.....That is something you have to work on...I guess

Yes you are right, I do need to work on my intuition. Probably most of us do, but then, if we are doing AYP then we are. I was being a bit unfair on angels when I said that they could not talk. As I am sure you know they are highly advanced beings that do not speak because they are way beyond it. When I meet angels, there is a strong communication on a feeling level, and a kind of strong heart connection. But I could never ask a question like "should I be healing people". I am sure that angels can read our minds, so I could just "think" it, but then in what form would the answer come? This kind of thing must be possible, because there are accounts in the bible of people meeting angels, and the angels 'telling' them something specific that was about to happen.
To be absolutely honest, when I feel an angel present, I am usually catapulted into a state of euphoria/ start crying/ fall to my knees in bliss etc. So the idea of remembering what specific questions I needed to ask about my yoga practice, and then communicating it, would be perhaps too monumental a task.

Love and Light

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Oct 24 2006 3:50:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  4:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alan said:
If someone has the ability to heal how can it be held back for lack or want of money? What's up with that? Anyone can straighten me out here if I'm missing som'n.

I don't have any issue with someone charging a reasonable fee for any of their time. If the fee is unreasonable, I'd hope the market would take care of that... but if they are misrepresenting the scope of their powers, and using that to successfully charge excessive fees, then they are being deceptive.

Put it another way: if you have a healing gift, are you doomed to be poor, and unable to provide for a family, if you spend a lot of time using it?

Edited by - david_obsidian on Oct 24 2006 4:11:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  10:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
okay now the ones(angels) I saw were from a distance from a kind of divination called scrying.....perfect formations in sky

I am a coward I definitely never saw the ones you spoke about...I would have freaked out.......

You are lucky to experience those things......

here's what
post some things you would like to know (more like questions)I can give you the answers in the form of yes and no only.Please be specific, those I am not sure about I would definitely not answer okay

Namaste
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000