Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama for others?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  09:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm not yet practicing samyama and don't know much about it yet, but I'm curious to know if the practice can be directed to others, specifically for healing and helping others. If it can be such a powerful energy generating and directing practice, could not some of this be directed to those who may need it very much. I'm in one of the helping professions and so naturally I began to wonder about the potential for this. Am I on track?

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  09:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Little Turtle

See here
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1337
and here http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1565

quote:
LittleTurtle wrote: If it can be such a powerful energy generating and directing practice, could not some of this be directed to those who may need it very much

Actually the intention is not to direct anything to anyone, this is very important with samyama. By simply bringing the person into ones mind and then letting go into the silence it means that whatever will be, will be. If healing occurs, it occurs, if it doesn't it doesn't. There is no forcing and no directing of energy.

In this way some people might compare it more to a pure form of prayer, where everything is left to the universal love intelligence, God or whatever you name it.
Louis
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  10:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Actually the intention is not to direct anything to anyone, this is very important with samyama. By simply bringing the person into ones mind and then letting go into the silence it means that whatever will be, will be. If healing occurs, it occurs, if it doesn't it doesn't. There is no forcing and no directing of energy.

In this way some people might compare it more to a pure form of prayer, where everything is left to the universal love intelligence, God or whatever you name it.

Hi Louis,
What you said was like an aaahhhhhaaa!!!! moment for me.. I have know all of this all along.. but reading what you said.. sorta just made something go "click" in my head..
Thank for that..
-Shweta

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 06 2006 10:08:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  10:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Completely agree ! Thanks Louis.

Reminds me of the Beatles song "Let it be" ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  10:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good job, Louis. Right on.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  2:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So, if I understand correctly, I would do samyama of a person "thinking" his name or of his "person" without any particular intent? And then just let it go? Has anyone here any personal experience of this? Perhaps you can relate any healing or whatever that may have been the result of this type of samyama. If I begin to do samayama I don't want to spoil it by doing it with misguided intent or expectations, yet at this point I can't seem to avoid not wanting to "help" a particular person I know who is suffering. So I'm still looking for feedback please. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  2:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Little Turtle,
Maybe reading this thread Healing Samyama in group meditation will help.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  6:46:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh well....maybe I'm just not phrasing my question the right way....seem to be going in circles with this.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  7:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If I begin to do samayama I don't want to spoil it by doing it with misguided intent or expectations, yet at this point I can't seem to avoid not wanting to "help" a particular person I know who is suffering.

It's impossible. Samyama works because of dropping the idea into inner silence, which does not contain misguided intent or expectations. Your healing samyama may not be as effective if you don't have enough inner silence.

Everyone has some amount of it...so don't worry that it will have no effect. There will be some effect regardless of how far along you are with meditation, in my opinion. But of course the further along you are, the more effective it will be.

In case you didn't know: the inner silence is what's there between thoughts. When your mind wanders off in meditation, before you realize it's wandered off, you're getting close to the inner silence.

If you want to help your friend, try it. You can't harm them. Think about this - you can think of them right now, and it has no ill effect on them. So there's not really a way that thinking of them in samyama will change anything...if anything at all your intentions will be purer because you'll be trying to help them.

So this may have answered the question you were asking.

I'll put it in really simple terms, because I know I can put a lot of words out:

Think of your friend and then let go of everything.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  9:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Scott. That was a lot more clear :)
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  09:07:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome. I hope your friend feels better.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  1:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good reply Scott..
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  5:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great reply Scott, thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000