Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 AYP Asanas, Mudras & Bandhas book is out!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  8:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

The new book is out: Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas - Awakening Ecstatic Kundalini.
As the title implies, this one is jam-packed with information on physical practices (with updates on many, including kechari mudra), and gives new meaning to the phrase "yoga postures" in relation to the rest of the limbs of yoga.

The book and ebook versions have appeared in the retail distribution channels, and the AYP Books Page links have been updated.

It is also available for quantity deep discount ordering and shipping direct from the printer -- see here for quantity discount ordering information.

Here is an excerpt from the introduction to give you a flavor:

"Like much we may encounter as we travel along our chosen spiritual path, this small volume on Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas presents a paradox.

In contrast to the huge, nearly exclusive emphasis on yoga asanas (postures) seen around the world today, we intentionally go lightly on them here, instead presenting a compact and efficient asana routine as preparation for sitting practices, including spinal breathing pranayama and deep meditation.

Once a balanced relationship between asanas and sitting practices is established, we move into instructions for advanced mudras and bandhas (inner physical maneuvers), which are woven into the tapestry of our daily practice routine like golden threads.

Then we cover the awakening and management of our inner ecstatic energy – Kundalini – and its ultimate consequences. Ecstatic awakening and its steady expansion outward through our nervous system to full divine expression is, after all, what asanas, mudras and bandhas are for.

In short, this book puts a wide range of yoga practices into perspective, moving decidedly away from the magic bullet single solution syndrome, and offering a clear, balanced road map for those who seek to achieve the ultimate aims of yoga. In this, asanas, mudras and bandhas have an important role to play..."

The guru is in you.

will.iam

23 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  8:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit will.iam's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

Great book. I have only read up to the asanas section, and practiced them the last four or so times before parnayama/meditation and I can feel the benefit. The first asana is especially effective for when you have just woken up the muscles are not yet limber. Anyhow, I have been trying to assemble the best set of premeditation streches yet, but you have done it for me. Perfect. Thank You.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  6:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill:

Glad to hear the new book is helping on the front end of your practice routine.

It was written with two audiences in mind-- Folks like you looking for a compact routine of asanas (postures) to put in front of spinal breathing pranayama and deep meditation, and for those who have been mainly into asanas (maybe extensively) who are looking for ways to integrate their practice into a more balanced routine of asanas, spinal breathing pranayama, deep meditation, mudras and bandhas, and other practices covering all the limbs of yoga.

After all, asanas represent only one of the eight limbs of yoga. Why not put all the limbs together? That is what yoga is in its full application, and leading to full results of unshakable inner silence, ecstatic bliss and outpouring divine love.

And ... it can be done efficiently, without overloading a busy lifestyle...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  7:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the book as well. In my opinion, it's the best one so far. The addition of these asanas to the routine is great.

I have a question...where in the asana routine should gomukhasana (cow face pose) be added? That one I've found very valuable for preparing the hips and knees for some of the more advanced meditation asanas. Perhaps after locust?
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  11:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
Gomukh affects back, sciatic area, shoulders and neck... so it seems right to position it between the other spine-related postures, (as you say, after locust)if you're already doing it and find it beneficial.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  12:21:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Scott, this book is great! I have read it a second time now and found many more insights by studying it again. I also wrote a review on Amazon, as below, and I encourage everyone else who finds the book to be of value to do this as well, because reviews do have a lot of impact on ranking and sales. There are only 7 reviews this far.

-----------------------------------------

"Yogani's most recent book in the AYP Enlightenment Series is Asanas Mudras and Bandhas - Awakening Ecstatic Kundalini. The author has again managed to fit an extensive subject like this into a small, easy-to-read book of only 100 pages. Despite the small size, it's a comprehensive guide to all of the more "physical" aspects of Yoga that can be added to meditation for steady progress on the spiritual path. One of the aspects that I found most valuable is the thorough discussion on kundalini, how to manage it and the symptoms that can come up, a subject that otherwise often is shrouded in secrecy. Asanas, mudras and bandhas have a key role to play in the evolution and management of kundalini.

I very much recommend this book to anyone interested in learning Yoga, as well as to the advanced practitioner, who undoubtedly will find much new information of interest in it."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000