Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Discomfort during practices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  2:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

For the past few days I have been experiencing back, neck and jaw pain during practices. I have Temporo-Mandibular Joint (TMJ) so it’s not new to experience discomfort around the jaw. But the degree of discomfort in all of these areas is making it difficult to do the full length of my practices.
Anyone have any advice or knowledge they care to share?

Thanks

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  3:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Make sure you're getting physical activity everyday (like walks), as well as cleaning off your dead skin cells. Always keep your posture. Also, try easing off the practices a little bit. Sometimes you just have to sit and wait til the pain goes away...it's just a sign of purification in most instances, so it's something you can't really avoid.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  08:12:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nicole,

I went through similar things in the beginning... Scott gives you the right advice... cut back some on your practices, rest enough after each session...if it is 5 mins now, make it 10mins. and so forth. Don't worry, it will wear off, and you can get back to your timings.

Post if there isn't any change.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  12:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nicole,

I cannot say that I relate to TMJ or even know anything about it. But, I used to be very tense during any meditation practice to the extent of being painful.

I noticed a process in my body though which went on over a period of months. At first my whole body would be tense and as time went on my lower body parts relaxed such as my feet, legs, thighs and then my stomach, arms, back, chest, neck, ears, lips, facial muscles, scalp. A definite pattern and cycle. The last tense part of me now is my mind.

I know it can be frustrating, I would get so angry and cuss God out until I went to sleep.

I would love to be able to share with you how my body started to relax, if only I knew. But from what I have been learning here through the lessons, I suspect my body was very tense because of over-practice.

Perhaps none of this helps your unique context, but I hope you will be consoled to know that the tension does leave.

Hunter

Edited by - Hunter on Aug 14 2006 12:18:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  2:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for responding…
I am thinking its probably purification because I do asanas everyday, exercise at least 3 days a week, self pace, and rest plenty. I am normally very comfortable and have not had problems (quite the opposite), except for in the beginning of course.

I recently heard of a technique where you “work through” the pain. Instead of trying to avoid or ignore it, you concentrate on it intensely. And use the pain as a tool, rather then seeing it as a bad thing. Have any thoughts or further information on this?

Scott,
I am interested…when you say, “ clean off your dead skin cells” what do you mean? I use a loofha in the shower hehe If that is what you are referring to, how does it help with internal pain?

Hunter,
I went through a similar experience in the beginning as well. Different from what I have been going through lately, still you sharing your experiences are greatly appreciated. There was a time when the IDEA of sitting down and being quite made me tense lol So as you can imagine getting comfortable was not easy for me at first either.
You reminded me of something that helped me that I want to share with you just in case tension arises in the future. I used (and still use) a little trick my mom taught me when I was little and I had trouble falling asleep. She told me to start with my attention at the muscles in my toes (figuratively not literally) and work up to the top of my head relaxing every muscle in the body one by one. I find that doing this just on my facial muscles is really beneficial too.

Thanks again!

Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  6:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
She told me to start with my attention at the muscles in my toes (figuratively not literally) and work up to the top of my head relaxing every muscle in the body one by one. I find that doing this just on my facial muscles is really beneficial too.

Thank you for that Nicole. I had forgotten that the technique works very well, and will remember that next time I get tense.

Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  9:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nicole and Sadhak,
I have experienced this too .. sharp pain on my back during my practice.. it is a sign of purification... if it gets to much self-pace a little.. once the obstruction is gone, the pain will go away..
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  10:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

Have you found that sometimes it is possible to confuse purification and some other cause. Like my current right hand pain which seems like a tennis elbow. I kept cutting back, resting and all of it, with no diff, then I remembered that it must've been caused by my being lifted onto a roof by my right hand.

One can argue that the act was also part of 'purification' in activity... then it follows, I reckon, that other activity has stem it. But cutting back or altering practices hasn't answered here.

So all the physical discomfort that one goes through while yogi-ing may not be purification... is that not so?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  11:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicole,

quote:
I am thinking its probably purification because I do asanas everyday, exercise at least 3 days a week, self pace, and rest plenty. I am normally very comfortable and have not had problems (quite the opposite), except for in the beginning of course.

It depends on what kind of asanas and exercise you do. If they're bordering on intense, the exercise or asanas can be the reason for the pain. If they're easy and balanced, then in my opinion it's fine.

quote:
I recently heard of a technique where you “work through” the pain. Instead of trying to avoid or ignore it, you concentrate on it intensely. And use the pain as a tool, rather then seeing it as a bad thing. Have any thoughts or further information on this?

Yeah. Most people hear about something like this and think it's a quick fix to the pain. It's better to just forget about any techniques of ridding yourself of the effects of purification, and just simply continue purifying. You work through the pain without trying to work through it...so just work through it!

quote:
Scott,
I am interested…when you say, “ clean off your dead skin cells” what do you mean? I use a loofha in the shower hehe If that is what you are referring to, how does it help with internal pain?

Internal pain is all about purification...which is all about how balanced you purify. The skin is one of the biggest eliminating organs..so to assure that it's clear and working properly is a very smart yogic thing to do.

More about this...

If you are purifying mostly out of your mouth, you will experience phlegm and horrible breath...and you'll constantly have to spit loogies. If you are purifying out of your skin only, you will probably become constipated and you will get fat, sweaty and pimply.

So pretty much, making sure you're purifying properly, physically, is smart. It will also make you level headed, in my opinion, because if you are purifying out of one system only, you will experience the psychological effects of purifying that system only.

This probably doesn't make sense, but whatever...I'm kind of drunk.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  08:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sadhak

Hi Shanti,

Have you found that sometimes it is possible to confuse purification and some other cause. Like my current right hand pain which seems like a tennis elbow. I kept cutting back, resting and all of it, with no diff, then I remembered that it must've been caused by my being lifted onto a roof by my right hand.

One can argue that the act was also part of 'purification' in activity... then it follows, I reckon, that other activity has stem it. But cutting back or altering practices hasn't answered here.

So all the physical discomfort that one goes through while yogi-ing may not be purification... is that not so?

You are right Sadhak, however the pain that comes up during mediation though is generally purification related.. but it could also be because your posture is not right when you are sitting. If these symptoms do happen outside of meditation.. and continue.. then yes.. it may have nothing to do with purification. That is why, you wait a little.. if it goes away.. great.. if not, show it to a doctor..
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  10:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
The pain could easily be purification.In my experience when listening to the Divine Sound recorded by guruji, I have felt physical pain where old injuries have been.Others have also experienced this.On Thursday night I played the Divine Sound publicly and a lady Reiki master also experienced pain in one of her hands while listening.When I asked her about her hand she admitted it had been injured in the past.Once the listening had stopped the pain went away although I have experienced old injuries still hurting after this as they healed.These pains have now stopped and the old injuries are much improved.I think the pain you are experiencing in meditation is the same or a blockage being purified.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  2:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,

I'm not sure if I should continue with this in this post?

I will say I have been very hesitant to share this cause it’s so strange and I know I shouldn’t pay attention to the details but it’s something that keeps coming up. And since you mentioned what you experienced I suppose I can too…

It is similar, not so much physically but along the same lines. I have vivid, intense, disturbing, images as well as faint audio during practices. I won’t get into the details of the really disturbing ones though. I will tell you about one that I have been really curious about mainly because it is reoccurring and has been since one of the first times I meditated…sets of teeth. I see as if it were right in front of me, people’s really gross teeth/mouth… moving, whispering, and it seems like the intention of it is to scare me (if that makes sense). Besides that I have had really morbid, scary images, and glimpses that sometimes scare me stiff and in the past have prevented me from continuing my practices. That is one of the reasons I posted: "negative energy" a while back.

The intensity of the disturbing images has weakened significantly and I don’t identify or react like I used to. I take more of a witnessing standpoint. Lately I have just had quick but vivid flashes of different things… a white phone with blood on it, a close up of what seemed to be someone’s clothing with subtle noises, specifically.
What are your thoughts about this? How do you feel about past life regression? Do you think these are these things I should ignore or maybe look into?
Have you had any thing like what you experienced before happen to you recently or on other occasions?

Scott,

You said:
Internal pain is all about purification...which is all about how balanced you purify. The skin is one of the biggest eliminating organs..so to assure that it's clear and working properly is a very smart yogic thing to do.

More about this...

If you are purifying mostly out of your mouth, you will experience phlegm and horrible breath...and you'll constantly have to spit loogies. If you are purifying out of your skin only, you will probably become constipated and you will get fat, sweaty and pimply.

So pretty much, making sure you're purifying properly, physically, is smart. It will also make you level headed, in my opinion, because if you are purifying out of one system only, you will experience the psychological effects of purifying that system only.

Good stuff! Very interesting.
What do you consider balanced purification and purifying properly, physically? Would you mind elaborating? Do you do certain cleanses? I ask because I have experienced some of the effects you mentioned and it has been driving me a little crazy trying to figure out why. Since my lifestyle is healthier then it has ever been.

Dave,
I am going to have to pull out the Divine Sound CD. I haven’t listened to it in a while. Maybe that will help… thanks for reminding me.
Go to Top of Page

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  2:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ohhh and your welcome Hunter. I hope it helps :)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  3:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Nicole

Shanti,

I'm not sure if I should continue with this in this post?

I will say I have been very hesitant to share this cause it’s so strange and I know I shouldn’t pay attention to the details but it’s something that keeps coming up. And since you mentioned what you experienced I suppose I can too…
It is similar, not so much physically but along the same lines. I have vivid, intense, disturbing, images as well as faint audio during practices. I won’t get into the details of the really disturbing ones though. I will tell you about one that I have been really curious about mainly because it is reoccurring and has been since one of the first times I meditated…sets of teeth. I see as if it were right in front of me, people’s really gross teeth/mouth… moving, whispering, and it seems like the intention of it is to scare me (if that makes sense). Besides that I have had really morbid, scary images, and glimpses that sometimes scare me stiff and in the past have prevented me from continuing my practices. That is one of the reasons I posted: "negative energy" a while back.
The intensity of the disturbing images has weakened significantly and I don’t identify or react like I used to. I take more of a witnessing standpoint. Lately I have just had quick but vivid flashes of different things… a white phone with blood on it, a close up of what seemed to be someone’s clothing with subtle noises, specifically.
What are your thoughts about this? How do you feel about past life regression? Do you think these are these things I should ignore or maybe look into?
Have you had any thing like what you experienced before happen to you recently or on other occasions?

Hi Nicole,
I am glad you did bring this up. If you have Yogani's Spinal breathing book, he has talked about higher beings and lowers beings in this book. I have seen this too.. look here
and here
You are doing really well by not identifying with them. It is hard I know, it is also very scary... but it does go away.. and it will be replaced by higher beings that will make you feel at peace, loved and very comfortable. At least that is my experience. I rarely see any lower beings these days.. actually, I don't remember when I saw them last.
You are doing great.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Just remember, they are like scenery along the way... ugly ones no doubt... however they will not harm you... they are there just like any other distraction.. that is how I had looked at them...
I hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  5:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicole,

quote:
Good stuff! Very interesting.

Thanks for liking it. I really appreciate exclamation points.

quote:
What do you consider balanced purification and purifying properly, physically? Would you mind elaborating?

Don't mind at all. If you are experiencing negative purification effects, you probably aren't purifying properly physically. By that, I mean if your stomach sticks way out and is totally bloated and no western technique gets rid of it, and your digestion and elimination are messed up...then you should probably look to raw foods and digestive enzymes, as well as just feeling what foods make you feel big and what foods seem to digest easily. Today I was looking for breakfast and pretty much everything I saw, I knew wouldn't make me feel good. So I chose organic oatmeal with brown sugar. It was the only thing that wasn't going to make me feel all gross. But this feeling only comes from trial and error.

There are other ways to streamline the purification process, so that it's healthier and more balanced. Make sure you get a good night's sleep, starting around when it gets dark out. Make sure you get exercise everyday, which should be not just cardio and not just strength training, but a mixture of all types. Don't work out so hard that you feel worn out, but don't work out too little. Make sure you're drinking enough water (but not too much). Eating pure foods, but not too much of that. Brushing your skin twice a day, so that it becomes red (try it out for a while). Doing water nasal cleansing. Taking epsom salt soaks. Putting coconut oil on your skin. Medium depth massages.

There's a bunch of things to try out.

quote:
Do you do certain cleanses?

I don't think doing something drastic is good for your health, so I prefer to clean things up on a daily basis...instead of cleansing then going back to the normal lifestyle.

quote:
I ask because I have experienced some of the effects you mentioned and it has been driving me a little crazy trying to figure out why. Since my lifestyle is healthier then it has ever been.

What effects have you experienced specifically?
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  6:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nicole,
Haven't listened to the Divine Sound in a while? heheheh. I listen to it all night as I sleep and some mornings my hands are buzzing as I awake.I am used to it now so no unpleasant cleansing.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  12:56:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,
You said:
I am glad you did bring this up. If you have Yogani's Spinal breathing book, he has talked about higher beings and lowers beings in this book. I have seen this too.. look here
and here

I do have the book. I am about half way through it. I’m definitely going to have to finish it up ASAP.
Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing the links. I am going to follow up on this topic in those posts.

Scott,
Thanks again!!!!!!! Hehe

You said:
Don't mind at all. If you are experiencing negative purification effects, you probably aren't purifying properly physically. By that, I mean if your stomach sticks way out and is totally bloated and no western technique gets rid of it, and your digestion and elimination are messed up...then you should probably look to raw foods and digestive enzymes, as well as just feeling what foods make you feel big and what foods seem to digest easily. Today I was looking for breakfast and pretty much everything I saw, I knew wouldn't make me feel good. So I chose organic oatmeal with brown sugar. It was the only thing that wasn't going to make me feel all gross. But this feeling only comes from trial and error.

There are other ways to streamline the purification process, so that it's healthier and more balanced. Make sure you get a good night's sleep, starting around when it gets dark out. Make sure you get exercise everyday, which should be not just cardio and not just strength training, but a mixture of all types. Don't work out so hard that you feel worn out, but don't work out too little. Make sure you're drinking enough water (but not too much). Eating pure foods, but not too much of that. Brushing your skin twice a day, so that it becomes red (try it out for a while). Doing water nasal cleansing. Taking epsom salt soaks. Putting coconut oil on your skin. Medium depth massages.

That’s funny guess what my breakfast is… organic oatmeal with either brown sugar or honey, cinnamon and ground flax seed. Try it with cinnamon… it’s really good. Or I have a fruit smoothie, with flax seed oil and protein powder. Anyway I do most everything you’ve listed except going to sleep when it gets dark out (that is kinda tuff) and brushing my skin twice a day so that it becomes red!! Holy moly that sounds scary lol wouldn’t that be exposing raw skin and making it more susceptible to bacteria, germs etc? You gotta fill me in on this one :)

You said: What effects have you experienced specifically?

Let me explain…
First, I am not shy about discussing this but find that some people are, so I hope this doesn’t offend anyone. For the past few months I have been dealing with bloating, constipation, a bit of weight gain, and have just been uncomfortable. I’ve tried several of the safe western techniques with no permanent luck leading to much frustration. Finally a friend told me about this holistic doctor that does coloniacs. I figured trying it wouldn’t hurt especially since colon cancer runs in my family. So last week I went for one. Turns out, this is the part people tend to not like hearing hehe, I have about 5 lbs. of waste in me. Ewwwww I have only been a vegetarian for about a year now so I still have all that yucky meat in me, okay I won’t get descriptive lol I do feel better and I am hoping this clears the path (literally lol) and prevents me from experiencing what I have been these past few months. Coinciding with my diet and lifestyle changes of course.

I would love to hear if anyone else has experienced any similar issues while on the yogic path.
A little off topic but...I’m finding health issues very interesting, especially now that I view my body as separate from myself. So when it comes to pain or discomfort, like I noted in the primary post, it is tolerable in a sense. Yes the pain is there, it exists but the disassociation with the pain objectifies it. And just reading and posting about it on here helps me remember to treat these issues that come up like I would thoughts in sitting practices. So thanks for being such great listeners and taking energy to respond :)

Dave,

Wow that sounds amazing. You know I have tried other CD’s that are specifically made to help sleep, healing etc. and found sleeping more difficult. But when I listened to Divine Sound, I almost instantly went into another world and after listening went into a very deep pleasant sleep. I will have to try it at while sleeping.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  1:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nicole,
Often you may think you are in a deep sleep when you are actually in deep meditation using the Divine Sound.This has been scientifically tested and verified at the Palo Alto institute in CA.Incidentally I find using a mantra while listening increases the energy but only for a few minutes because after that time I am in Yoga Nidra for at least 1 hr or more.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  2:25:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicole,

quote:
Thanks again!!!!!!! Hehe

Anytime. I love to hear myself talk...or read myself type.

quote:
That’s funny guess what my breakfast is… organic oatmeal with either brown sugar or honey, cinnamon and ground flax seed. Try it with cinnamon… it’s really good. Or I have a fruit smoothie, with flax seed oil and protein powder.

Flax freaks me out, but to each his/her own. I also don't trust protein powders. My opinion of food is that it should be real. Flax, of course, is a natural food and is real...but just personally it doesn't appeal to me. I don't think anyone needs extra protein in their diets. The body only uses so much of it, and I think scientists are way off determining that the body actually uses 30 grams at a time. That's a ton of protein. If you're trying to build muscle, the only way to really do that is to stimulate the muscle by exercise. I've seen a ripped fruitarian, and he explained that when the body is pure enough it begins to build muscle on fruit alone, and "if you don't use it you lose it". But perhaps you're taking protein just to be healthy. I say get it from a bunch of different sources, make sure the sources are pure and real, and just have a normal amount. Whatever your body feels is right.

quote:
Anyway I do most everything you’ve listed except going to sleep when it gets dark out (that is kinda tuff)

It's hard when you enjoy hanging out with people so much, but there's a definite benefit to this. I experienced a cure all effect from this alone.

quote:
and brushing my skin twice a day so that it becomes red!! Holy moly that sounds scary lol wouldn’t that be exposing raw skin and making it more susceptible to bacteria, germs etc? You gotta fill me in on this one :)

Well don't scrape it so it starts to almost bleed or anything, so there's no need to worry about germs getting into your bloodstream. You're just kind of scratching the surface with a brush. It feels good more than anything. Look up dry skin brushing on google.

I'm doing experiments with this one right now.

quote:
Let me explain…

Of course...

quote:
First, I am not shy about discussing this but find that some people are, so I hope this doesn’t offend anyone. For the past few months I have been dealing with bloating, constipation, a bit of weight gain, and have just been uncomfortable. I’ve tried several of the safe western techniques with no permanent luck leading to much frustration. Finally a friend told me about this holistic doctor that does coloniacs. I figured trying it wouldn’t hurt especially since colon cancer runs in my family. So last week I went for one. Turns out, this is the part people tend to not like hearing hehe, I have about 5 lbs. of waste in me. Ewwwww I have only been a vegetarian for about a year now so I still have all that yucky meat in me, okay I won’t get descriptive lol I do feel better and I am hoping this clears the path (literally lol) and prevents me from experiencing what I have been these past few months. Coinciding with my diet and lifestyle changes of course.

I have seen the results of such practices in pictures. It's pretty amazing...to be nice about it. What exactly does the practitioner do? I'd like to know if it's a pill or solution, or if there's enemas or the like involved.

I think there are definite benefits to this, so long as its practiced safely. Some practices can ruin your digestion, or weaken your rectum, causing even further problems.

quote:
I would love to hear if anyone else has experienced any similar issues while on the yogic path.

I definitely have experienced bloating and stuff as a result of the yogic path. Currently dealing with it, and I'm thinking of trying some sort of colon therapy to streamline the process.

quote:
A little off topic but...I’m finding health issues very interesting, especially now that I view my body as separate from myself. So when it comes to pain or discomfort, like I noted in the primary post, it is tolerable in a sense. Yes the pain is there, it exists but the disassociation with the pain objectifies it. And just reading and posting about it on here helps me remember to treat these issues that come up like I would thoughts in sitting practices. So thanks for being such great listeners and taking energy to respond :)

I thank you Nicole, for having the energy to share.
Go to Top of Page

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  5:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Dave,
Oh yes I have experienced the really deep meditations, where you think you might be sleeping but realize that you realize this so you know your not a sleep. (if that makes sense). I have gone into this state with this CD as well. It’s a good one. LOL if I didn’t know any better I would think we were paid to advertise this CD! (which of course we weren’t) hehe

Scott,
Flax freaks me out, but to each his/her own. I also don't trust protein powders. My opinion of food is that it should be real. Flax, of course, is a natural food and is real...but just personally it doesn't appeal to me. I don't think anyone needs extra protein in there diets. The body only uses so much of it, and I think scientists are way off determining that the body actually uses 30 grams at a time. That's a ton of protein. If you're trying to build muscle, the only way to really do that is to stimulate the muscle by exercise. I've seen a ripped fruitarian, and he explained that when the body is pure enough it begins to build muscle on fruit alone, and "if you don't use it you lose it". But perhaps you're taking protein just to be healthy. I say get it from a bunch of different sources, make sure the sources are pure and real, and just have a normal amount. Whatever your body feels is right

I agree with you about the protein, especially by American standards… don’t even get me started about how off those are lol.
I don’t use the protein powder every day, only about 3 times a week. Since I don’t eat meat and lately the substitution of nuts has made me more bloated so I have to get protein somewhere. Not too much I take about ¼ of the recommended dose. I am definitely not trying to get ripped.

As far as going to bed when it gets dark… I will give it a whirl. I have been pacing myself for this actually. I already wake up at 5:45 am. I am trying to get to where I am up at 4 am automatically. One step at a time though lol.

Well don't scrape it so it starts to almost bleed or anything, so there's no need to worry about germs getting into your bloodstream. You're just kind of scratching the surface with a brush. It feels good more than anything. Look up dry skin brushing on google.

I'm doing experiments with this one right now.

Fun! I will join you in the experimenting. Keep me updated on your experiences. :)

I have seen the results of such practices in pictures. It's pretty amazing...to be nice about it. What exactly does the practitioner do? I'd like to know if it's a pill or solution, or if there's enemas or the like involved.

I think there are definite benefits to this, so long as it’s practiced safely. Some practices can ruin your digestion, or weaken your rectum, causing even further problems.

The practitioner is a holistic doctor who practices all kinds of healing. He has been healing in one way or another since he was a small child, before even realizing what he was doing. It has always come natural to him.
The procedure is done using a machine that very gently and safely allows water into the rectal cavity. Sort of like an enema but more precise.
Yes, there are some crazy methods that most people take without even thinking twice because they trust what is put out there. They don’t realize the long-term effects. It’s all about a quick fix for most. But I have done my research and think, like you stated, as long as it’s practiced safely it’s beneficial. There are other things to keep in mind too of course but for the most part I stick with what I feel is right.

I definitely have experienced bloating and stuff as a result of the yogic path. Currently dealing with it, and I'm thinking of trying some sort of colon therapy to streamline the process.

Ohhh well then we are officially BF’s “bloated friends” lol I’m a dork.
I definitely recommend researching coloniacs and seeing if it’s right for you. At first I wasn’t to thrilled about the whole idea of it. But after learning the benefits of having one and the gross things that can be in someone’s body, at any age, I can’t imagine not having one now. I am more then willing to answer any questions or concerns you have too. Feel free to email me as well. We can talk about crap, shot the sh#@ haha okay had to say that.

Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  6:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nicole,
Although I am one of the few authorised distributors of the Divine Sound in the world, I don't make money from it.In fact it costs me money as I produce it and all monies from sales go to guruji to help with the upkeep of the ashram.I do this gladly as I believe that the benefits of this recording should reach as many people as possible to help achieve change in the world.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  6:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicole,

quote:
I agree with you about the protein, especially by American standards… don’t even get me started about how off those are lol.
I don’t use the protein powder every day, only about 3 times a week. Since I don’t eat meat and lately the substitution of nuts has made me more bloated so I have to get protein somewhere. Not too much I take about ¼ of the recommended dose. I am definitely not trying to get ripped.

I didn't figure you were...not many girls go for the ripped look.

Perhaps your body is telling you that you don't need that extra protein at all? I could be wrong, but it's a possibility. I recall www.waisays.com as well as my fruitarian friend.

quote:
As far as going to bed when it gets dark… I will give it a whirl. I have been pacing myself for this actually. I already wake up at 5:45 am. I am trying to get to where I am up at 4 am automatically. One step at a time though lol.

I'm not there yet either. But it's been getting easier to become tired around 8 or 9.

quote:
Fun! I will join you in the experimenting. Keep me updated on your experiences. :)

It's been suggested to me to brush towards the heart, which seems like a good idea knowing basic anatomy...just a tip. Good experiences so far. However my experiences are nothing I consider miraculous as of yet, so that's why I'm experimenting with it.

quote:
The procedure is done using a machine that very gently and safely allows water into the rectal cavity. Sort of like an enema but more precise.
Yes, there are some crazy methods that most people take without even thinking twice because they trust what is put out there. They don’t realize the long-term effects. It’s all about a quick fix for most. But I have done my research and think, like you stated, as long as it’s practiced safely it’s beneficial. There are other things to keep in mind too of course but for the most part I stick with what I feel is right.

Haha, well you gotta stick with the colonic that feels right. That's cool. How often do you do it? I've heard that doing it more than like twice a month can be harmful for your inners.

quote:
Ohhh well then we are officially BF’s “bloated friends” lol I’m a dork.

Actually you are my BBF (best bloated friend).

quote:
I definitely recommend researching coloniacs and seeing if it’s right for you. At first I wasn’t to thrilled about the whole idea of it. But after learning the benefits of having one and the gross things that can be in someone’s body, at any age, I can’t imagine not having one now. I am more then willing to answer any questions or concerns you have too. Feel free to email me as well. We can talk about crap, shot the sh#@ haha okay had to say that.

Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  09:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nicole,

If you want to clean up the intestines you might want to know about 'laghu shank prakshalan'... a yogic kriya. Very do-able. But be sure to follow diet presciptions after that, or you may end up with hyper acidity. I find this kriya very effective, though I've done it very sparingly.
Go to Top of Page

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  1:00:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Scott,

You:Haha, well you gotta stick with the colonic that feels right. That's cool. How often do you do it? I've heard that doing it more than like twice a month can be harmful for your inners.

When you first start getting colonics it could take a few times, depending on the person. If you have a lot stuck, you have to go more. The important thing is to replace the good bacteria by eating yogurt and/or taking acidophilous. After the initial treatments it's typical to go once or twice a year.

Sadhak,
Thank you so much for the recommendation. I will have to try it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000