Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 An AYP-friendly app with community
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Light

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  7:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I've been using an app called InsightTimer for a long time for meditation, and after starting AYP meditation, I was happy to note there's a group of AYP meditators who have created a community group there. Just thought I'd mention this for those who have stated they'd love an AYP app. This isn't an app by AYP, but it is flexible and has community aspects.

I don't have any affiliation with InsightTimer, but I do like it and use it daily. You can configure presets and choose from a variety of sounds to move to the next phase. For example, I have a preset for 30 seconds first (to give me time to stretch a bit, make sure I'm comfortable before beginning), then a preset that lasts for 5 minutes of pranayama, then a third preset that does the 20 minutes of meditation. I have thought about adding one more for five minutes after that for the rest time, but haven't done so yet.

Hope this helps!

L

Chaz

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2014 :  11:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey thanks for sharing! I downloaded it and joined the AYP group. Neat app, just what I needed. Now I don't have to keep resetting the timer on my phone. And it's really cool how you can see other AYP members who you are meditating with. It's a lot more than just a meditation timer and that's pretty awesome. Thanks again for sharing.

Edited by - Chaz on Mar 04 2014 12:04:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Light

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  3:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're very welcome, Chaz!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000