Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 lying down meditation ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zinon

Morocco
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2014 :  8:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit zinon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi ,

sometimes I cant do my practices sitting down , so can I do it lying down in theses times ?
( lying on my right side with a straight back)

thank you
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2014 :  9:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Zinon,
have a look at Lesson 33 - Meditation Q&A – A new way to sit in meditation. That highlights the importance of sitting upright, with or without back support. If something is preventing you from sitting upright, perhaps it can be worked out in time gradually.

If there is truly no other option at this point in time for whatever reason, I'd say better to meditate however you can than not at all. With consistent effort it might be possible to condition the body to regard the meditation session as separate from say, napping, going to sleep, or trance practice. If it's possible be recline slightly upwards, or assume a position that you don't ordinarily use for sleeping, that might help. Let us know how this goes if that's the only option available at this point in time.
Go to Top of Page

zinon

Morocco
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2014 :  08:19:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit zinon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you my dear ,

will the problem wasnt physical , but rather social , so "sometimes"(very few times) I cant do my practice sitting , so i guessed its better to do lying down than not doing it at all , if its not going to have negative effects .

thank you again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000