Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Words of Grace from Sri Babaji Maharaj
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  03:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Good evening dear friends,

Tonight as I sat in deep meditation, I yearned with all my heart, concentrated with all of my mind's attention and reached with all of my soul's thirst, from innermost my core of being... to consciously merge with Brahman/God. No different than most of my sitting practice but with an intensity I have rarely experienced before.

As my devotion grew stronger and stronger, something shifted dramatically within my perception. I am certain that most of you know what I am referring to, that sublime point when the quest for the Sacred becomes so powerful, that is shatters the indwelling self which began to desire the immersion in the first place.

And for reasons I cannot fully explain or even justify, I feel compelled to share a conversation I had with my beloved Gurudeva, this late evening. It too place in an instant and lasted as long as the I-thought was able to stay centered on one point, the Gateway to the Bindu.

For even as this human form I habitually inhabit, was dissolving within the force of the ascension of awareness initiated by my concentration, I saw a Holy personage above my internal visual field. He was seated in Padmasana, serene and emanating a radiance which is almost impossible to describe. Despite the obvious power, there was a gentle and pure sweetness. I instantly knew exactly who it was, Sri Babaji Maharaj. His face was beaming with wisdom and spiritual love.

As I struggled to let go of my feelings of being far too unworthy to have his Darshan, he opened his eyes and smiled beatifically at me. It was if he were looking into a mirror and seeing himself. Odd... how could this be? How was it that he saw no sins, no separate ego, no knots of samskaras? I cannot know but I am so humbled and very grateful that he chose to see in me... what I long to see in him, so fervently. His glance reached beyond the appearance, into the Sacred seed sprouting within. He the put his right hand upon my consciousness and a transmission was transferred through his touch.

I spoke to him but not with English words (of course) or any other human language. It was telepathy, plain and simple. But now as I type these letters, I can hear the message very clearly, spoken in my own native tongue. It was a dialog between a Gurudeva and an adoring Chela. If I may, I'd love to translate the essence of the conversation. For clarification, I will print out my words in green and his in purple. I just want to make things as direct and clear as I am able to. OK?

"My beloved Master, I so long to be united with the Divine, I ache to join with the Spiritus of God. How can I enter into the Heavenly Abode? Meditate more, chant more, read the scriptures more frequently? Will you guide me and take my soul to it's eternal home?"

"Dear child, yes these are sure ways to approach Brahman but ultimately you must ALLOW yourself to awaken from the dreamscape you currently dream. Open your mind and heart, dear one, and accept who and what you truly are. In the knowing, become the unknown.

You, I and all that exists within this universe are Divine Being, for there is nothing else but God. One must simply choose to see what is real and caste aside the lies, the self-created limits which mind manifests in the lower frequencies of the I-thought. Shine brightly, child, this is why you are here! The ascent is steep and the way is difficult for most, even for great Sages. do not loose faith or be doubtful. I am here, awaiting your arrival.

Know I am always here, awaiting our destined union. Allow yourself to bloom and in so doing, interphase with Brahman, for this is who and what you truly are and have always been. To believe without faltering or losing faith, to open without fear or hesitation... this is the most difficult Sadhana of them all."

I became internally silent and obedient his wise message. As stillness spread within my mind, the effulgence from above grew more and more blinding... until I was wholly lost in the brilliance. Everything was wholly transparent and formless. My subjectivity began to dissolve in such a focused state of yearning, which naturally released a current of energy, rushing up my spinal column, only to expand beyond what I thought myself even was.

The sound of the Sacred Word rang out with greater and greater frequency, while my awakened Ajna pierced into the realm of undifferentiated Spiritual Light. Without any darkness for reference, I couldn't even recognize the Light anymore. A rumbling tone shook my mind and it's vibration coursed throughout my material frame. Somewhere within the oscillations, I could hear voices saying things I didn't understand at all and there was chanting from every direction at once.

I released my hold, surrendered my most cherished thoughts, my association with being an observer measuring my experiences and demanding an understanding of the higher truth... and in the process, melted into the radiance and sheer perfection of the Godhead. The crown opened of itself and the Spirit bird flew into the clear effulgence of the Divine presence. So quiet, so calm.

The I-thought entered into a silence so quintessentially still, that now as I write, I am almost surprised I could even returned to my dream of sentient existence. So, here I am... touching your souls with mine, reflections of the same Divine Light.

So, I bow reverentially before the Sacredness of my Creator, Sustainer and eventually my Destroyer. I also bow to all of you good people and pray that we each allow ourselves to awaken to the presence of Brahman/God, in this very lifetime. There is a calling of sorts, enacted in all that we do, in all that we humbly seek to understand and so, freely reflect upon others with compassion and equanimity.

But honestly, something inside of me wants to sing praises and dance joyfully, to shout from the rooftops of the glory of Brahman/God. Thankfully, I have more restraint than to wake my neighbors up at this late hour.

God is here! Brahman is everywhere to be found. And as there is naught but the Divine, as we are each of us That. Tat Tvam Asi. How simpe it all is. What a miracle it truly is, a blessing and sweetest Grace received, so blissfully enraptured with the One.

Thank you for reading these words and sharing my experience, even I was unable to express it as clearly as I had hoped. I sincerely love you very much.

Om Shanti

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  07:54:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Govinda,

quote:
As my devotion grew stronger and stronger, something shifted dramatically within my perception. I am certain that most of you know what I am referring to, that sublime point when the quest for the Sacred becomes so powerful, that is shatters the indwelling self which began to desire the immersion in the first place.

Yes I know exactly what you mean! The incredible intensity of concentration and longing required for such an inquiry, which yields an earth shattering revelation of one's own nature comes only by Grace. For me, it is the question "What Am I?" that reveals the truth, and once it has revealed the entire perceptible universe as a transparent illusion, however typically its revelation is a more ordinary joy, a simple, freeing antidote to the "I am the body-mind thought & feeling", the recognition that "I am the limitless non-dual Brahman (Awareness) within which the body-mind known as Josh appears".

quote:
To believe without faltering or losing faith, to open without fear or hesitation... this is the most difficult Sadhana of them all

Beautiful advice, of which it often helps to be reminded! Thank you so much for sharing these words!

Love and best wishes,

Josh

Edited by - mr_anderson on Sep 15 2013 07:55:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  07:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, thank you for the inspiration
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  08:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks Govinda, lovely to read and enjoy
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  4:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the knowing, become the unknown...

...touching your souls with mine, reflections of the same Divine Light...

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Love and Light
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  4:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Govinda

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000