Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Does the earth really have mind control spirits?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  06:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does the earth really have mind control spirits? The reason I ask this question is because I feel like a completely different person when I am out hiking in nature, isolated. Everything is so simple, I can think clear but most significantly of all is that I can induce the witness state very easily (and other spiritual states)! It's very difficult to do the same thing in the city.

I think these spirits are incarnated as PEOPLE!!! It's almost like a surreal experience returning to the city. It is like a conciseness change. It feels like these spirits/people have a radar for you. Sometimes I notice there influence as an orb, often orbs show up to the left when the negativity is restarting on my trip back into the city.

This effect has been so consistent that I don't think I am hallucinating things. What does AYP think?

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  11:56:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a book on the subject I read earlier on that you might like. It is called the secret life of nature by Peter Tompkins. It does present hierarchies, from elementals to devas as described by various gifted clairvoyants, and their properties and roles in influencing human life. I can imagine these to exist to some extent, though would assume them to be mere thought-representations of the natural world since nothing is truly insentient, even if in the most dense form (tamasic). Some tantras also describe such celestial hierarchies, or mention yogis who have diverged from the path to become merged or bonded to natural forces. From the AYP point of view, it makes most sense to regard it all as scenery as to not inadvertently encourage phenomena that can become a distraction to the path.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  11:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew,

You're obviously a psychically sensitive individual and I can relate to that.

But the whether negative spirit entities exist or not, if you are a careful and loving gardener of the contents of your own consciousness, nothing external has any power over you, or any power to affect you negatively.

If you believe there are external entities that have the power to affect you negatively, you're dis-empowering yourself with that belief.

I speak from intense personal experience: When I was 19 (almost 10 years ago), I was smoking a lot of weed and taking various hallucinogenics. I had an extremely bad trip in which I believed there were hostile, negative entities who desired to hurt and attack me. Unfortunately, when the trip ended, the trauma and auditory experience of the hostile entities did not.

I was plunged into a world of paranoia and fear, believing that I was being psychically attacked by these entities, and having continuing auditory hallucinations of them deriding me and so forth.

This terrible experience maintained a considerable intensity for about one year (getting better a bit at a time, but still very traumatic), before gradually fading away altogether over the next 2 years.

There was one direct reason why it faded away: I stopped investing any energy or attention into it.

These conditions, whether we believe they are psychological or psychic, feed off the attention and emotional energy we give them. They cannot exist without us giving them emotional energy or attention.

By learning to stay mindful and follow my breath, I completely tuned my mind out of listening to any negative or derisory voices. I stopped caring about them or believing in them. A still mind gradually became a still heart.

As a child, and as a young man into adolescence, I couldn't tell my own emotions apart from other peoples emotions so well. If someone angry walked into a room, I felt angry. When people around me where crying and sad, I was instantly crying and sad. I believe big cities exaggerate this effect: there are a lot of people around, and not all of them are super happy! If we are psychically sensitive (like you seem to be) and haven't learned to manage our energies properly, the effect of energy contact with vast numbers of people who may be angry, sad and so on, can be detrimental to our own well-being.

My terrible experience taught me how to find inner peace, and mental sanity, amidst the chaos, madness and suffering that often abounds in the external world. And anyone can do it: drop the addiction to thinking, remain present and mindful in the body (Eckhart Tolle and The Power of Now is a good place to start), and learn to do this as a practice and eventually you will never find your own peace and well-being affected by negativity whether from human beings, your own thoughts, or other entities - real or imagined.

At the same time you'll have compassion and so be able to feel the suffering of others, without suffering yourself.

That's my opinion. I experience the consciousness change when I come into big cities, but now even on NYC's stressed out subway at rush hour: it's a good one

Love

Josh

Edited by - mr_anderson on May 24 2013 11:21:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  8:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with what Aum and Josh said, above.

I also am sensitive to the thoughts and feelings of beings around me and yes, it does feel different in the city versus out in nature! Speaking of nature devas, we have "lightning bugs" here in FL in the springtime. They especially like to hang out in our Sacred Grove. My husband and I call them "fairies" and interact with them. They do not appear to be "insects," but rather intelligent beings. They approach when spoken to and even fly alongside of us as we walk through the grove. We love them!

But bottom line, as Josh said, whether physical, spiritual, psychological or somewhere in between, manifestations of entities, good, bad or indifferent, when we are in our Center thanks to yoga, nothing can harm or distract us. And it is best not to invest too much energy in the "scenery." LOVE to you!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  10:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jesus Christ, Mr. Anderson...your story is very inspirational and courageous. Thank you for sharing. Awesome.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 27 2013 :  12:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson

Hi Andrew,

As a child, and as a young man into adolescence, I couldn't tell my own emotions apart from other peoples emotions so well. If someone angry walked into a room, I felt angry. When people around me where crying and sad, I was instantly crying and sad. I believe big cities exaggerate this effect: there are a lot of people around, and not all of them are super happy! If we are psychically sensitive (like you seem to be) and haven't learned to manage our energies properly, the effect of energy contact with vast numbers of people who may be angry, sad and so on, can be detrimental to our own well-being.

Josh

very true

I've noticed that in my young nieces and nephews.Also till the age of around two,they really can't tell the physical boundaries as well...this I have experiences when I was in a changing room lately and when it was time to dress and leave...my two years old nephew who was inside with me expressed disapproval and insisted I leave without clothes on ...clothes are offensive for young children ...it creates boundaries that their head can't grasp yet.

I'm too learning how to deal with the voices that passes through awareness over here too...In a crowded city it's very challenging.

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 27 2013 :  12:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So far Attention to attention...or space has been my approach.It saves lot of drama.

Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  09:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate the sharing of these experiences. I think I am sensitive too. I have always worn pure wool over my upper body and often a woolen hat. I never really knew why. But I have found out that wool is very insulating and one spiritual practice recommended sitting on a woolen blanket and resting your feet on it, to stop any adverse vibrations. I haven't quite got into a silence that over-rides everything yet but I find that using a natural insulator works for me until I get there.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  12:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi - thanks

Namath - Attention to attention is also for me the supreme practice.

Catrynn - I hadn't heard of those properties of wool, that's interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  1:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting catrynn...maybe that's why the sufi used to wear souf(wool) and thus one of the reasons to be called sufi
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  01:49:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi @Rhadarani

Lightning bugs??? Do you mean, "fireflies"?

I see these sooo much when I was a child, in South Africa. I never get to see them where I live now

Havent seen them in many many years. Thanks for the flashback!!

With Love,

Maria

Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  01:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Crazyandrew

I experience exactly that energy phenomena when I am in nature too. I sometimes wish I could just be a feral and live in nature full time

The modern life can be weary and takes a lot more self discipline to not be enveloped by the maya around us.

That's why it's said living as a yogi in a cave or mountain, is not as difficult as living in our modern world.

My most fav place for me is in Thailand. Specifically rainforests

When I find the modern world becoming too much, I go back in my mind to that place, that rainforest, where I vowed that I would take a part of that rainforest back with me, and never forget it and it's energy. So when I get too stressed, and feel disconnected from my essence, I go back in my mind to that time and place, and that energy resurrects itself in my heart and in my mind.

Namaste`

Maria
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  01:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SparklingDiamond

Hi @Rhadarani

Lightning bugs??? Do you mean, "fireflies"?

I see these sooo much when I was a child, in South Africa. I never get to see them where I live now

Havent seen them in many many years. Thanks for the flashback!!

With Love,

Maria

yes, they are also called "fireflies."

but to us they are fairies. :)

Love, Radha
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  03:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely post, Josh, really enjoy reading it and am inspired by it.
I hope all's well, and lots of love to you, brother!
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  08:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
love to you too man! must come and visit you at some point.
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  05:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson
There was one direct reason why it faded away: I stopped investing any energy or attention into it.

I really agree with this but for some reason I have an addiction to it. I'll try to ignore it, I think a lot of it is trickster spirits trying to draw me into that stuff. I'm really trying to find a quiet job were I don't have to work around a lot of people. People are overwhelming.

Thanks.

I would recommend to other people to not get into reading energy too much. Unless of course it's sexual energy from females.....that's aways great.
Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  05:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Crasymandrew! You enquired originally about natural spirits? Perhaps you would be interested in the Perelandra Ltd Site where Machelle Small Wright works with Nature Spirits. There is fascinating stuff there on her experiences. What you make of them is up to you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000