connections and bonds
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  5:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

We experience connections on different level with different people.

there's one particular connection that has been a tough one for some years now.

some friends recommended I divert my attention ,or to forget that person or worst that it's a mental attachment...etc.I tried all that for years,it only confused things.

From day one I met this person:

If he sleeps with a girl,I find myself there with them as well....

If he smokes cig or worst weeds,I'll have to feel poison running through my veins.

If he goes to a country ,I'll find myself in this country.

Best when he visits or thinks about saints...that's like a time-out for Namath from the madness.

When I pray,it's him praying <his form takes my body> sometimes.

when this connection is with someone who disrespects you again and again & find you a source of problems ,that brings hell of pain and suffering.

When I started AYP SP and meditation...I was longing for Allah and my freedom...but the more I practiced the stronger that bond with that person became.that raised anger within me towards AYP...This bond made me take in lot of s***,I wouldn't take it from anyone...I got hurt again and again and find myself going back and making peace. Because any reaction that causes pain over there will be felt over here.

I learnt to accept that this bond is stronger than i can get rid off .I didn't choose it.It's Allah's given & he chose it to be with someone who is my total opposite in life.

would love to hear from those who experience similar case.Did they ever found release?

Love.

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  10:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

You raise an important and difficult topic. I have also experienced connections like what you describe. I also have a few friends who have expericed the same thing. It can be particularly complicated (and challenging) when a bond like you describe is formed.

Bonds like you describe are most common between men and women. Energetically men and women balance each other and a loop can be created. With more advanced practioners, this loop can become a more perminant bond. In some cases (like what yours sounds like), a woman can "lock in" on a man's specific energetic "frequency". Information & energy are shared, and the loop can be used for sort of 24/7 joint purification, but it requires an incredible degree of intimacy between the two parties.

Breaking or overriding such a bond is very difficult as the bond itself is "deep" in consciousness.

Love, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  02:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jeff,

Thank you

"It can be particularly complicated (and challenging) when a bond like you describe is formed."
what are the conditions that trigger such a bond in the first place?there are many individuals that vibrate at the same frequency,right?

There's intimacy with his spirit & not his mind-body.His body- mind goes somewhere and his spirit comes here.That's why I live what he goes through,maybe!

"Breaking or overriding such a bond is very difficult as the bond itself is "deep" in consciousness."

you said difficult not impossible...how?

By now I can feel certain connection to almost anyone that comes my way.

In your case,I feel an immense peace presence

In case of dear individuals ,It's love and I can usually hear what they want to say sometimes before they utter any word.It's like a whisper in my right ear.

for people in general,it's a vibration either pleasant or unpleasant.Also hear their thoughts most of the time.

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Edited by - Namath on May 07 2013 02:48:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  03:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

Thank you for bringing this topic up. It is good to know that this is happening to others as well.
I would like to know more about this.
Jeff, did you encounter such relationships where the transfer of energy is one-sided? In my case at least it seems to be so, and I would like to find a way to be able to influence my significant other the same way she influences me. It would help us both to heal and progress more quickly.
Has anybody been in the same situation, but found a way to make it a two-way street?

Mykal K

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  05:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I am the person on the other side in Namath's post as some already know...

Your writings dear Namath remind me of my relationship with some of my teachers. I really don't know why this is happening with you... Nothing intentional is happening from my part. This also happens with two of my close friends as well... These two are male friends which I practice meditation with... But mostly what happens with them is only good visions and none of the womanizer and weed stuff... Making love to someone is beautiful and so is smoking a joint every now and then... At least in my own opinion. But I understand why you would be bothered by this. I am also... I love my privacy as much as you love yours. As per my disrespectful behavior towards you according to what you said... Sorry for not giving you the attention or respect you wanted. I know that many times I say the wrong things and my sincere apologies for any hurt caused.

If you want my humble opinion "Just focus" your devotion on one thing... One teacher or Unseen deity. And concentrate on that. I've been through this myself at a certain time believe it or not... Where I felt one of my teachers whom I loved a lot disrespecting me and ect ect... And when I turned into another teacher I had difficulties as you have... But focusing on that teacher did bring some change in my mind patterns... In your case I think Ramana or the name of Allah in arabic Golden white would be a great choice.

Thankfully, recently there's been a change of heart where I don't have to focus on a certain thing and I just welcome whatever is sent my way... My mind is my mind, I am tired of fighting with it or changing it... It has many down sides and lives on both extremes but other than that I wouldn't be who I am and we each are living our own individuality to it's max. Best approach is to make peace with the mind in order to have a more peaceful life. All is one and one is all. Allah is all forms and emptiness as well.

I wish you a mind and a life free from Ananda. Salam
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  08:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

quote:
But mostly what happens with them is only good visions and none of the womanizer and weed stuff.

I am not sure how you would know .
In my experience, I do not have problems with the transmissions when the other is balanced. It seems that then the energy is contained within the other, and doesn't overflow my way.
I am sorry for you Namath, I only hope you find a way out of your hell.
If someone found a way to neutralize the transmission without breaking the bond, or better yet helping the other side see their side also, please let me know.

Ananda, please do share - have you been on the receiver side of this link?
Forgive me if you said it already, but it wasn't clear to me... If so, did your experiences where you would transmit happen before the link in which you were the receiver, or after?
I ask because I am worried that this is 'contagious'. Also, do you have an 'instinct' why or how this is happening with some, and not with others?

Mykal K

Edited by - Mykal K on May 07 2013 10:15:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  08:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mykal K

Hi Ananda,

quote:
But mostly what happens with them is only good visions and none of the womanizer and weed stuff.

I am not sure how you would know .
In my experience, I do not have problems with the transmissions when my significant other is willing to deal with her emotions herself. When she is overwhelmed, I most definitely have to abandon what I am doing, and help her deal with it.
I may be wrong, but I think the one who transmits should do the work of balancing, not the receiver.

If someone found a way to neutralize the transmission without breaking the bond, or helping the other side see their side also, please let me know.

Ananda, please do share - have you been on the receiver side of this link?
Forgive me if you said it already, but it wasn't clear to me... If so, did your experiences where you would transmit happen before the link in which you were the receiver, or after?
I ask because I am worried that this is 'contagious'. Also, do you have an 'instinct' why or how this is happening with some, and not with others?

Mykal K

Dear friend,

I know because I am interacting with these people on a daily basis and we all share the good and bad and the ugly. After second thought one of them had visions about me which weren't that nice but that was a long time ago and still he told me about them in full detail and in most of them there were sort of a warning for me.

As per transmitting, I don't do that intentionally so I can't help much in talking on the subject. My first post had everything I had to say about this topic. Sorry, I can't add or help more.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  08:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Namath

Hello Jeff,

Thank you

"It can be particularly complicated (and challenging) when a bond like you describe is formed."
what are the conditions that trigger such a bond in the first place?there are many individuals that vibrate at the same frequency,right?

Everyone has their own "frequency", but some are "closer" to others, making things like connecting easier. As clarity increases, the potential frequency range expands.

quote:

There's intimacy with his spirit & not his mind-body.His body- mind goes somewhere and his spirit comes here.That's why I live what he goes through,maybe!

Yes, in a way. The kind of connection you are discussing is "heart based" and deeper in consciousness than what people think of as the local mind. It is very possible that what we call the soul or spirit could "drift" without conscious thought or intention. In mind terms, the connection is deep in the subconscious.

quote:

"Breaking or overriding such a bond is very difficult as the bond itself is "deep" in consciousness."

you said difficult not impossible...how?

Once a bond is formed (not just a connection), deep clarity of the mind is the key. One must sort of get to the mind depth of the bond/attachment and reach the point where any built up mental attachment issues from the bond can be "let go", leaving just love flowing. Also, it is possible for an advance spiritual person, to sort of "lend clarity" to help moderate the energy flows and take the edge off the attachment. In many ways, the heart bond is similar to the bond a student forms with a powerful guru.

quote:

By now I can feel certain connection to almost anyone that comes my way.

In your case,I feel an immense peace presence

In case of dear individuals ,It's love and I can usually hear what they want to say sometimes before they utter any word.It's like a whisper in my right ear.

for people in general,it's a vibration either pleasant or unpleasant.Also hear their thoughts most of the time.

Thank you for your kind words. From your description above, you are a very powerful "receiver" over certain energetic (mind-astral) ranges.

Jeff

(edit - slightly changed for clarity.)

Edited by - jeff on May 07 2013 12:59:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  10:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Once a bond is formed (not just a connection), deep clarity of the mind is the key. One must sort of get to the mind depth of the bond/attachment and reach the point where it can be "let go", like all attachments. Also, it is possible for an advance spiritual person, to sort of "lend clarity" to help moderate the energy flows and take the edge off the attachment. In many ways, the heart bond is similar to the bond a student forms with a powerful guru.

Thank you Jeff.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  11:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mykal K

Jeff, did you encounter such relationships where the transfer of energy is one-sided? In my case at least it seems to be so, and I would like to find a way to be able to influence my significant other the same way she influences me. It would help us both to heal and progress more quickly.
Has anybody been in the same situation, but found a way to make it a two-way street?

Mykal K

Hi Mykal,

In many cases the connection seems to be one-sided. This can be for a variety of reasons. The connection/bond is heart based. In general women are more "heart focused" and men are more "mind focused". So, women tend to be more sensitive/receptive, so they often notice it a lot more than men at a comparable level of clarity. It can also be one-sided because one person has reached the level of clarity where they are "beyond" the effects of such an attachment.

In reality, the connections are always two-way, it is just about reaching the point where one "notices". Trust and love are the key, but that can be very hard because of the effect of the ongoing energy flow/purification. My guess is that you feel a deep and uncontrollable love for the person, but they often create a deep irritation. This irritation is kind of like a mutual energetic overload.

Best wishes, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  11:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"One must sort of get to the mind depth of the bond/attachment and reach the point where it can be "let go", like all attachments."

A bond is an attachment?

"Thank you for bringing this topic up. It is good to know that this is happening to others as well."

Glad it helped others as well,pleasure.

"I am sorry for you Namath, I only hope you find a way out of your hell. "
Thank you,I wish the same.

all the best Mykal,

thank you Ananda for stepping by.

Salam
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  2:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Namath

"One must sort of get to the mind depth of the bond/attachment and reach the point where it can be "let go", like all attachments."

A bond is an attachment?

I did not mean to imply that the connection itself is an attachment. The connection is love flowing. But, if one is feeling that there is "something to be removed", it means that there can be issues that need to be dealt with around it. The energy flowing through the connections can highlight and expose our own issues.

Overall, I think of connections as the beginning to feel the "oneness" of everyone and all. It is a blessing.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  6:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

I'm one of the people that Jeff mentioned he knows that is experiencing this as well.

Several years ago I met someone who had started taking my yoga classes and there was an instant "re-connection" (I say "re" connection as opposed to simply "connection" because it was obvious to both of us, for many reasons, that our connection is at least several lifetimes old now). This connection, although it was not sexual in nature initially, eventually developed into a connection with very strong sexual undertones. Eventually we (my wife and I) took a swing (pun fully intended ) at having an open marriage with this woman, but that did not work out very well at all. Luckily for all involved she moved to Australia within a couple years and that solved all struggles the attempt at an open marriage created.

Anyway, long story short, the connection is so strong that when I was in a car accident a couple of years ago, she messaged me within minutes to ask what had happened... she had felt the car crash the instant it happened, even though she was literally on the opposite side of the planet from me physically. There have been many other instances like this, but you can suffice it to say that there is a deep, non-verbal/physical connection between us that neither of us were looking for but instead sort of "fell into." The connection is (seemingly) stronger for her than for I, but I believe this is because she is somewhat fixated on the relationship whereas I am not (anymore). It is my belief that the mental attachment is what keeps this connection "acute" (for lack of a better term).

Anyway, just thought I'd share that I experience this as well.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  10:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sensitive and difficult topic. Interesting that only men have responded to this thread thus far.

"Connections" have been experienced here too. With people far away as well as near and dear ones. There is always the possibility to experience these things with everyone. However, there is no further interest here for this, and therefore the receptivity/projection is deliberately kept closed...

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

The connection is (seemingly) stronger for her than for I, but I believe this is because she is somewhat fixated on the relationship whereas I am not (anymore). It is my belief that the mental attachment is what keeps this connection "acute" (for lack of a better term).

Dear Carson,

You talk about this woman's "attachment" like it is an inferior thing.. Yes, attachment is a "feminine" quality. And yes, nature intended it this way, particularly in mammals, or females everywhere would readily abandon their young, making it quite suboptimal for propagation of species. It is also this quality that makes women the supreme nurturers and care-givers.

Although there are exceptions to this rule, there is no sexual involvement (in any plane) without emotional attachment, particularly for women. Women, more so than men, crave love and attention - sexual involvement is simply an extension of this. Thus, if a man is not interested in "emotional attachment", he had better think *before* forming a non-platonic bond with a woman and not proceed further. The "wham bam thank you ma'am" in the astral realm is as unsavory as in the material one, and leaves little scope for growth in either party. The law of karma cannot be escaped, no matter what the regrets and/or sudden "eye openings" are after the fact. It gets far more complicated, as in your story, when the bond formed is not with one's significant other. Hence, even though it may be true that such bonds are more easily formed between a man and woman, it is not necessarily a great idea unless they are both evolved enough to make mutual, enormous and concerted efforts to grow spiritually.

It is also true that looking into the attachment is the key to letting go of the mind stories that keep it in place. And this has to be done on one's own terms. I disagree with a previous post that "clarity of mind can be borrowed" for this purpose. It is silly and absurd to try "borrowing" clarity of mind (if there is even such a thing) so the borrower can let go of the attachment to the lender!

Namath, maybe this is not of any use to you, but my perspective is this - energy goes where the mind goes. Instead of keeping the mind externally turned, perhaps it would help to turn within. Instead of being aware of this presence, shift attention to who is aware. Watch your own reactions and responses instead of what's happening "out there". When something is deprived of our constant reactive focus, it eventually and surely dies. Give the noticing, the reactions that arise in you, and the connection/bond itself to Allah. Offer it all in sweet surrender.

Connections are never static - they shift based on so many factors. No two beings can constantly resonate at the same frequency. Why bother with such an impermanent, heartache-causing phenomenon? It is nothing but a distraction. Far more useful to stabilize the most important bond of all - to the Divine within.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  11:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami

quote:
Originally posted by kami

Dear Carson,

You talk about this woman's "attachment" like it is an inferior thing..

I didn't mean to. I don't consciously think of her attachment as inferior, but perhaps this is something I need to look into. Thanks.

quote:

Hence, even though it may be true that such bonds are more easily formed between a man and woman, it is not necessarily a great idea unless they are both evolved enough to make mutual, enormous and concerted efforts to grow spiritually.

In my case, the connection was accidental. Perhaps it was in Namath's as well. Either way, for me, it was unavoidable (like everything in life really ). We are all making the best decisions we can with the "info" we have.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  01:14:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Anyway, long story short,"

I know about this Carson.Don't worry no one told me but I felt that you went through this scenario with a yoga student & this pushed you towards resigning Yoga.For some reason,I'm connected to you like I'm connected to my brother.

"Interesting that only men have responded to this thread thus far. "
Yes Kami,just like in physical plane!they don't have the courage to speak up yet!

"energy goes where the mind goes. Instead of keeping the mind externally turned, perhaps it would help to turn within."
you missed that I mentioned the deeper the meditation is the stronger the bond is.

Thank you and others for there comments...I'm wasting my time over here.I hope it at least touched someone else out there & know they are not crazy and not alone in this!& as obvious not even spiritual people can understand it including the person involved himself.!

Salam

Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  01:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kami, the perspective and points you brought in continuation of this discussion are like a sigh of relief over here. Thank you for raising them and sharing your experience. They reflect my own thoughts over time, especially from within a long-term relationship. This isn't to compare or speak about other arrangements and of people's freedom to choose what is authentic to them (and not restricting the freedoms of others..). I am simply arriving at certain conclusions and 'best guesses' as to what such connections are about, and how to go about arranging them in my own life.

The law of karma in such connections is something that can't be brushed aside so easily. Just as there are consequences to one's actions which, for one, come to make up the samskaras and vasanas, so too would they also reflect a summary of one's past and current connections, including your allusion to physical intimacy deprived of "mutual, enormous and concerted efforts to grow spiritually." Indeed, "stabilizing the most important bond of all - the Divine within" is most prudent spiritually, and 'all else will be added' to bonds made along such lines - whether with a passion/romantic element or not. I imagine it may be to one's own peril to indiscriminately receive/project for the thrill of it out of fear or desire. The part about the astral realm would be equally emphasized in its consequences here and now in the pranamaya kosha reaching down to the physical; I've heard mention (though cannot verify) of those who've had sexual intimacy creating a link on such a level where any one party could with lustful thoughts act as a drain on the other.

One last point in reply is that it is not at all excluded for a man to also see the sexual involvement as an (optional) extension of emotional/relational connections, and to regard the flip side of that as aversive, especially in light of all those previous points, plus personal integrity. Not sure if it's entirely necessary to reserve a special category of androgyny for that one either.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  01:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Carson!

one more thing,My respect to your wife who stayed with you through out all the energies issues.In my case,one visit from Ananda's spirit and the next day the man in my life would disappear without further explanation.Only one spiritually- advanced guy spoke a glimpse & said I had an annoying dream last night and we'll speak about it later on...then he changed his mind and disappeared just like others

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  02:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok..speaking on behalf of the AYP female population

Thank God someone brought up this topic...I have been climbing walls here, having noone to talk to about bonds /connection. The first person I made such a bond with was the gentleman I call my Soulmate for this very reason. Total stranger walks into my life, aligns my chakras and creates a physically-felt bond from my solar plexus to his. He is the only person I am kind of psychic with. Plus I know (we know) we were married in previous lives. As this connection happened before I came to Yoga (in fact, it lead me here), I was in total chaos. A lot of AYP later, and genuine Love and forgiveness between us, we have recently managed to release each other. Oh - he could/can 'visit' me at will and he is not into Yoga! I had to learn to reach him. Oh to release, I kind of did a Shamanic Soul Retrieval procedure.

And what happens? Barely six months after releasing him - happening right now - I fell into another connection (I hope not yet a bond)with another stranger. Please, please...somebody shoot me
And I am having a hard time managing attachment to this as well...but hey, wiser (?) - I hope. This bonding/connection is NOT funny, people.. Can someone come up with ways of stopping this?

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  03:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While reading your posts it makes me feel like I am the source of a nightmare you're living in. But as God my witness I only wish you happiness and recently to stay away as far as possible from me so that you may have the peace you wish. I am at peace with all this but very sad for you at the same time. I can't help but see this thing as an issue from within you which you are trying to stick on an outer picture. Have you tried to talk with Yacin about this. Really he could help with such stuff.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  04:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Oh to release, I kind of did a Shamanic Soul Retrieval procedure.

For those who might want to 'release' a connection that they have -
I myself have done it successfully once. What worked for me was:

I first felt where they connected to me, then I reached with my hand to that place, 'picked it up' with the hand, and gave them back to the Universe. What is crucial to this, I feel, is that you really want to do this, otherwise it will not happen. You will not let them go(it really is your will that is the most important thing in this). So, you have to be crystal clear about this. And when you do, they will also (at least it was like that in my case) feel it.
I do have to add, although the person in my case felt it and recoiled(since he was leaning onto me at that moment),he did back off. I do not know what would happen if he didn't, though from my current point of view, I think there isn't much that he could do.

Hope this helps,

Mykal K

Edited by - Mykal K on May 08 2013 06:17:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  07:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson: yes, connections here too are always accidental and "out of the blue" kind of things.. While your connection was accidental, your decision to have a relationship with her was not, was it? Was there no choice?

Aum: thank you for your insightful and wise comments. Very true about men also perceiving sexual intimacy as an extension of emotional attachment. I was only speaking in very broad terms..

Namath: sorry you are not getting what you want to hear on these forums. When I said look within, I didn't mean meditate. Looking at oneself has nothing to do with spiritual practices or anyone else. Salam to you.

Ananda, my dear friend: it pains me to see you being so hard on yourself. If you are not projecting to anyone, there is no need to perseverate about it. Only you can know this.

Sey: thanks so much for speaking up. It is not a matter of courage that we don't speak up, but the delicate-ness of this issue, isn't it? Like you, I have experienced past life connections with people, knowing without a doubt (both parties) that we have had many lifetimes of intimate relationships. However, knowing this is more a curse than a blessing. Probably why in general, past life memories are erased by divine design. Curse because we find ourselves in this odd predicament of being open enough to feel the connection and know its depth intuitively, but not open enough to watch it unfold without getting attached. And when those past life circumstances no longer apply (where we are in meaningful relationships with other people), it causes a terrible conflict, even though our current relationships are happy and fulfilled. Such is the power of Maya. As you and Mykal say, I have tried cord cutting techniques - but those don't necessarily work if one doesn't really want to let go. The only thing that helps me is to shift focus to my own inner workings, and to become aware of the story being told behind the scenes. For the last year, I have been using "only you" as a samyama sutra - wanting nothing but my beloved Ishta. This has been the most effective tool for this drama and my path in general. When a connection is felt, the focus shifts to who is experiencing it, dissolving it immediately in clear nothingness (unless I wish to continue feeling the connection).

Much love to all.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  09:05:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Ananda, my dear friend: it pains me to see you being so hard on yourself. If you are not projecting to anyone, there is no need to perseverate about it. Only you can know this.

I am at peace with the whole subject as I already said. I am just sad for Namath because she is dear to me. I really don't know if my posts are helping to start with or adding to the problem so I'm simply going to stop posting in topics made by her as well... Hope you get better Nana. Wish you all the best. Salam
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  11:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami,

"Carson: yes, connections here too are always accidental and "out of the blue" kind of things.. While your connection was accidental, your decision to have a relationship with her was not, was it? Was there no choice? "

In this case, I did not realize there were any romantic feelings on my part until a couple of years into the relationship and after a particularly revealing Insight Dialogue practice at the Kripalu #1 retreat. The decision to try an intimate relationship was actually my wife's idea. The idea to end the intimate relationship was also hers.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  2:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey....Thank you for the laugh

Edited by - Namath on May 08 2013 2:30:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  01:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good morning People,

I've made up a decision.

I admit I can't help myself out.Therefore,I'll see a psychiatrist today.I can't let my mind go wide anymore...It's too destructive.

It sux to admit to oneself something wrong mentally.But that's a truth I have to face.

Salam and good luck to all.

Edited by - Namath on May 09 2013 01:36:54 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000